Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2006, 01:22 PM   #76
GinaGrumpyDwarf
Preferrs a BUZZ but will settle for a WOODY
Don't tell my DH, I love the WIGGLES ! Anthony is my Mc Dreamy!!!
I know i can be funnier than a "NO PANTIES" quote.

For some reason I have 2 sets of yellow DME luggage tags...One with the date we arrive, the other with the date we leave..why??
Old 09-16-2006, 02:31 PM   #77
emagirl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Thanks - I'll have to go home and check my tags...the reason I had this question is because I can't recall the opposite end of the tags having said to be removed...

Well, I checked my tags and the printer must have run out of ink while printing mine because they only have the remove information on ONE end. This explains why I was confused. (on this topic, anyway!)
November 2004 Swan (Strawberry's 40th Birthday Surprise Trip)
April 2005 HRH & PC, October 2006 BC
December 2007 GF & YC Jr. Suite
December 2008 PBH - Universal & Yacht Club
February 2010 Swan
October 2010 RPH - Universal
emagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-19-2006, 01:11 PM   #78
AmyM
Things sometimes get better the second time around
Rode Rockin Rollercoaster on a business trip

My tags only have a remove portion on one end of the tag also. There is also no perforation or tear off portion on the other end. Would you just pull it back and cut it with scissors??? I just got the tags a couple weeks ago....maybe they are new???
AmyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 01:40 PM   #79
emagirl
Mouseketeer

AmyM~
I'm so glad you posted, I was afraid everyone would think I was a loon but you are apparently in the same ONLY PRINTED ON ONE END boat!

Yes, I am planning on removing the non-printed end and cuttinig the backing off so it is as they should have been (I caught a glimpse of my friend's tags for her trip and hers are printed at both ends)

Whew! I am SO glad THAT is over!
February 2010 Swan
Old 09-19-2006, 01:50 PM   #80
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Okay, just want to be absolutely sure about this...when you guys are saying that your luggage tags don't have the 'remove this section' on each end, only on one end..you are looking at the whole, entire tag, correct? I had a friend who thought that you ripped each one of those strips in half, making 4 luggage tags!! Then she had 4 tags that were about 3" long...a little hard to wrap around the handles!! Each tag strip should be about 18" long, and about 8" or so when folded in half, with the ends stuck together.
Not trying to make anyone look dopey, but I have had some who got it confused...don't want to see that happen to anyone here
Old 09-19-2006, 07:53 PM   #81
emagirl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink
Okay, just want to be absolutely sure about this...when you guys are saying that your luggage tags don't have the 'remove this section' on each end, only on one end..you are looking at the whole, entire tag, correct? I had a friend who thought that you ripped each one of those strips in half, making 4 luggage tags!! Then she had 4 tags that were about 3" long...a little hard to wrap around the handles!! Each tag strip should be about 18" long, and about 8" or so when folded in half, with the ends stuck together.
Not trying to make anyone look dopey, but I have had some who got it confused...don't want to see that happen to anyone here
Well, I have been known to do some pretty dopey things but this isn't one of them. My tags, in fact, are only printed and perforated on one end (the bottom as a matter of fact) As I said, I have compared mine to my friend's tags and they are missing the printing on the top of each of my 6 tags. (2 for each of the 3 of us) It sounds like AmyM's tags came out the same way,
February 2010 Swan
Old 09-19-2006, 09:42 PM   #82
AmyM
Things sometimes get better the second time around
Rode Rockin Rollercoaster on a business trip

Yep mine are as emagirl described. Wierd huh?
AmyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 08:29 PM   #83
SomePixiedust
DIS Veteran

I'm so glad I found this thread
I was just thinking "I wish they had a DME for Dummies book" (me being the dummy!)

This has been a great help.
SomePixiedust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 01:41 PM   #84
CleveRocks
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster worshipper

Got My Tags!!!

I received my DME booklet and tags for my 11/4/06 trip!

There are some differences in the tags between when I first used DME on 5/08/05 and today's tags.

The older tags were bound into the booklet as pages. The new tags are on separate sheets of paper not attached to the booklet in any way.

The older tags were about 2 inches wide by about 8 3/8 inches long. The new tags are still about 2 inches wide but are much longer than the old ones -- they're 16 inches long, almost TWICE as long as the older ones. The difference is that the old tags listed all of the info only once. The new tags, when folded over as instructed, display ALL of the info (including all the barcodes) on each side. In other words, you can see all of the info without having to hold the tag and turn it.

Both sets of tags have 3 barcodes, two of one and another unique one. The older tags had the identical barcodes one immediately under the Mickey head at the top of the tag and the other near the bottom of the tag. These two identical barcodes also had the same 4-digit number under each. The third (unique) barcode was smaller, was located at the VERY bottom edge of the tag, and had an 18-digit number printed under it in small-ish print.

The new tags also have three barcodes (but on each half, so actually 6 total), 2 identical and one unique, but they are oriented differently. The two identical barcodes are now together, one above the other, at the tippy-top of the tag. The one at the top is printed vertically and the one immediately under it is printed horizontally. There are no numbers beneath either of them. Under that is the large Mickey head, then the name of the resort, then the small, unique barcode still with a small 18-digit number under it. Under that is the name on the reservation, then the name of the individual (so in my case it lists my name twice), then the arrival date, then the reservation number and finally under that is another number, a 12-digit number that I don't recognize -- it's the same on all of our tags.

Also, there is some tiny printing just above the Mickey head. On mine is "DD1-4", on my wife's is "DD2-4" and so on down to the 4th member of our party who's tag is labeled "DD4-4".

Just thought someone might want to know the very latest stuff. Sorry to bore you with such arcane details.
Old 09-27-2006, 01:46 PM   #85
CleveRocks
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster worshipper

Oh, and on the backs of the tags there are "REMOVE THIS PORTION ONLY" sections on BOTH ends of the tags, not just one end. The instructions clearly state to remove the backing from both sections and stick those sections to each other.
Old 09-28-2006, 07:11 AM   #86
TyGuy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleveRocks
I received my DME booklet and tags for my 11/4/06 trip!
I received mine yesterday as well! Now I need to find someplace to keep them for the next month so I can remember where I put them. The planning binder I made up for this trip is way too fat to keep them in there.

Nov 13 VWL, Oct 12 VWL, Nov 11 BLT, Dec 10 BWV and YC, Dec 09 BLT, Oct 08 YC, Dec 07 YC, Nov 06 (Jersey Week) YC, Nov 02 (Jersey Week) YC, Nov 00 (Work Conference) YC, June 00 CR, Jan 99 CR, Feb 98 YC, Oct 97 CR, Jan 96 DI, Jan 94 FW, Sep 87 FW, and a bunch before that I don’t remember the dates
TyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 09:21 AM   #87
JandD Mom
Paying for hope and change.

Have tags but confirmation number has changed - what happens?

Hi all,

I just got my tags last night for our DVC trip in November. As luck would have it, today I got a room on my waitlist, so DVC rebooked me and gave me a different confirmation number. We are staying at the same resort in the same type of room.

DVC tells me to keep the tags I already have even though our confirmation changed. WIll I have a problem? Thanks!

JandD Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 09:54 AM   #88
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

I would keep the tags, use them but call DME to give them the new conf. number. Then, mention it again when you check in at the DME desk at MCO. When you talk to DME, they may just send you new tags since you aren't going until Nov. Don't you just love the waitlist?? It's never failed me yet.
Old 10-03-2006, 04:50 PM   #89
Chip 'n Dale Express
Can't stay put!
I met lots of DIS'ers during my purple-panted tenure
I'm just fine with being terrific instead

Quote:
Originally Posted by JandD Mom
Hi all,

I just got my tags last night for our DVC trip in November. As luck would have it, today I got a room on my waitlist, so DVC rebooked me and gave me a different confirmation number. We are staying at the same resort in the same type of room.

DVC tells me to keep the tags I already have even though our confirmation changed. WIll I have a problem? Thanks!
DME's reservations are a separate entity. All they had to do was update the DME reservation to link to the new DVC reservation. So when they scan the tags, it links to the new reservation.
Old 10-03-2006, 04:57 PM   #90
Lewisc

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip 'n Dale Express
DME's reservations are a separate entity. All they had to do was update the DME reservation to link to the new DVC reservation. So when they scan the tags, it links to the new reservation.
I just went from room only to a package, different reservation # (POP). I was told I should just use my old DME tags since the resort isn't changing.

How do I get my DME reservation linked to my new resort reservation? Should I call DME? Tell the CM at the DME desk at MCO? Tell the CM when I check in at POP? The CSR told me I don't have to do anything but she had to put me on hold for 20 minutes so could find out what to do. My plan was to just alert the CM at MCO.
Lewisc is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: