Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-2008, 02:14 PM   #586
esdras
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by prittfamily98 View Post
I've read too many of the what if's. Now I am nervous.
DH and I are arriving at 2 pm on Sept 3 usually a slow time of year. I HOPE!
We have our Yellow tags already( them came within 3 days of getting ME reservation) What I want to know is...If I carry-on my bags get to the resort How soon(estimate) will I have my bags back in hand? And If I am arriving at 2pm what is the ETA for arrival at resort? Should I expect up to a 3hr arrival time a resort?
After reading all the questions and Answers I am a little apprehensive about using the service BUT will use it anyway(so I can post my voice later.) I would love opinions and advice!
Although we've only used DME once so far, it was at the (almost) identical time as your reservation. We flew into MCO the day after Labour Day in '06 and arrived later in the afternoon (around 4:15 pm). We used the yellow tags and headed straight for the DME area.

There was NOBODY there in terms of guests. We walked right up to the counter, and straight to the bus. Got on the bus, waited a while (15-20 minutes) for other guests to get on board, and headed towards the All-Stars (we were at ASMo). There were maybe a total of 3 or 4 families on the bus for a total of about a dozen people. The bus made two stops, ASMu and then ASMo - I guess no one on the bus was staying at Sports.

We were at the hotel desk by 5:30. That was the only place that took time - we had connecting rooms and therefore two separate ressies, a package and CAA discounted room-only. For some reason, that made a bit of a kerfuffle during the check-in.

Anyway, we were in our room(s) by 6:00, and I went down to get a pizza. We were done dinner by 6:45 and down at the pool by 7:00. We let the kids swim for an hour and then went back up for bed, and our bags were there.

As far as we were concerned, to be able to get to the resort, check-in, have dinner, go for a swim, and have our luggage delivered without the hassle of claiming and lugging it ourselves - all in the space of 4 hours from landing in Orlando - was absolutely fine.

I hope things go as well for you!

1973 - Poly: 1976 - Poly: 1979 - Disney's Village Resort
1980 - Offsite (not my fault, I was a kid, no choice)
1998 - Offsite (my fault, dumb!)
2006 - ASMo Free Dining (1st time with OWN kids)
2008 - ASMu Free Dining AND Family Suite!!!
2010 - POFQ Grand Gathering
esdras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 05:28 PM   #587
CDoobee
I'll never grow up!!
DD and I named our hamsters Rover and Bowser

I found the answer to my first question at the beginning of this thread, but since the thread is 2 years old, I just want to clarify!

1. Does each person still receive 2 DME tags? Some of us may have more than one checked bag.

2. When should we receive our DME tags? We leave in the early morning on 9/06, so getting close!!

Thanks in advance!

CDoobee is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-26-2008, 07:04 PM   #588
ahecht
Disney fanatic trapped in New England

I received 2 tags last month but I was flying Southwest. I have heard reports of people on other airlines only getting 1 tag.

As to when the tags arrive, Disney ships them out about 5 weeks in advance. If you booked through a travel agent and not directly through Disney, the tags would be shipped to your agent and you would have to contact them to find out what the delay is.

Just remember, if you don't get your tags or don't get enough tags just bring your claim checks to the DME counter at MCO along with a description of the bag (taking a picture before you leave home helps). I was also told by a DME CM that it helps if you make your own luggage tag out of yellow paper that has a mickey head drawn on it.
Old 08-26-2008, 10:07 PM   #589
CDoobee
I'll never grow up!!
DD and I named our hamsters Rover and Bowser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahecht View Post
I received 2 tags last month but I was flying Southwest. I have heard reports of people on other airlines only getting 1 tag.

Thanks! We are flying Southwest also, so maybe we will receive 2/person.

As to when the tags arrive, Disney ships them out about 5 weeks in advance. If you booked through a travel agent and not directly through Disney, the tags would be shipped to your agent and you would have to contact them to find out what the delay is.

YIKES!! 5 weeks?? We leave in 10 days!!

Just remember, if you don't get your tags or don't get enough tags just bring your claim checks to the DME counter at MCO along with a description of the bag (taking a picture before you leave home helps). I was also told by a DME CM that it helps if you make your own luggage tag out of yellow paper that has a mickey head drawn on it.
I guess that will work as a last resort, but we really want those official DME tags!

Thanks!

CDoobee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 10:56 PM   #590
SiClone
Mouseketeer

So if we are landing late (i.e. close to midnight) and want to make sure we have our bags so we can head to the park nice and early, we should NOT use the yellow tags and just claim our bags as usual and bring them with us to the bus.

Basically, we won't need the yellow tags at all because they are not necessary when returning to the airport to go home right???
4th WDW trip: 1/17/09 (offsite-Marriott's Royal Palms)
5th WDW trip: 11/4/08 (offsite-Marriott's Harbour Lake)
SiClone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 05:48 AM   #591
CleveRocks
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiClone View Post
So if we are landing late (i.e. close to midnight) and want to make sure we have our bags so we can head to the park nice and early, we should NOT use the yellow tags and just claim our bags as usual and bring them with us to the bus.

Basically, we won't need the yellow tags at all because they are not necessary when returning to the airport to go home right???
Correct.

However, my choice in this scenario was to pack my carry-ons for my mmediate needs, and to REQUEST at my resort that my bags be held 'til morning.

Late at night, especially with small children, my #1 priority was to get them to the resort and get them to bed ... I was thankful there was a way for me to skip baggage claim and not delay myself there.

I can't imagine NOT packing a useful carry-on ... what if the airline delays my luggage???!!! I'd have to go to a park in the morning wearing the clothes I flew in.
Old 08-27-2008, 06:11 AM   #592
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Always, no matter where you are flying to, always pack a carryon bag with a change of clothes and anything you may need on the off chance the airline may misdirect a bag or two. When I go to WDW my carryon bag has small toiletries, sunscreen, clean tee shirt/shorts, undies, and a swimsuit. All toiletries are 3 oz or smaller in my 3-1-1 baggie.
That way...if something happens to a bag, I can still be comfy and start my vacation. I can also not worry about when my bags will get to my room via DME.

Your info packets should be in your hands about 4-5 weeks before you leave. If you don't have them, and it is under two weeks before you travel, there may be an issue. You should call whomever you booked your trip with and make sure you are listed as having DME on your reservation.

goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 08:11 AM   #593
disneydreams81
"ALL WE NEED IS FAITH,TRUST, AND A LITTLE BIT OF PIXIE DUST"

I will be staying @ Saratoga Springs 10/19-10/23 we are arriving via jet blue with a connecting flight in NY ( we are leaving from BOS). When we check out on the 23rd we are being picked up by a friend who lives in FL and staying with him for a few days. My question is can we use ME for one way? and does it matter if we don't have a non stop flight? also how far in advance do we need to book our transportation and whom do we call? sorry so may questions. =)
Old 08-29-2008, 09:07 AM   #594
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreams81 View Post
I will be staying @ Saratoga Springs 10/19-10/23 we are arriving via jet blue with a connecting flight in NY ( we are leaving from BOS). When we check out on the 23rd we are being picked up by a friend who lives in FL and staying with him for a few days. My question is can we use ME for one way? and does it matter if we don't have a non stop flight? also how far in advance do we need to book our transportation and whom do we call? sorry so may questions. =)
Yes, you can book DME one-way..no problem. You need to call whomever you booked your room reservation with...could be Member Services if you are staying on your DVC points, the member you rented points from, or central reservations at Disney...I just don't know who you booked through.They will make the DME reservations for you.
A non-stop flight makes no difference at all.

Old 08-29-2008, 10:05 AM   #595
disneydreams81
"ALL WE NEED IS FAITH,TRUST, AND A LITTLE BIT OF PIXIE DUST"

We are using my friends dad's dvc points. Thank for answering all my questions. This is the first time I've had to plan a whole trip and I just want to be sure I'm doing everything the correct way.
Old 08-29-2008, 12:48 PM   #596
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreams81 View Post
We are using my friends dad's dvc points. Thank for answering all my questions. This is the first time I've had to plan a whole trip and I just want to be sure I'm doing everything the correct way.
In your case, your friends dad has to call Member Services and make the arrangements for DME for you. Member Services won't talk to you...only to the DVC owner. So, let him know you want to add DME. Have fun planning!!

Old 08-29-2008, 06:50 PM   #597
Mufasa&Simba
Mouseketeer

I have a question about how they contact you for going back to the airport to go home. So, I heard that DME contacts you the night before you like at your resort to let you know when you will be picked up. I know it's 3 hours before your flight leaves, but HOW do they contact you? Most likely we won't be in our resort hotel room, so if it's by phone- do the phones have built in voicemail? Or is it by a note. Just wondering how exactly they will contact us.
November 2012 POR May 2014 POFQ
Mufasa&Simba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 08:51 PM   #598
CleveRocks
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa&Simba View Post
I have a question about how they contact you for going back to the airport to go home. So, I heard that DME contacts you the night before you like at your resort to let you know when you will be picked up. I know it's 3 hours before your flight leaves, but HOW do they contact you? Most likely we won't be in our resort hotel room, so if it's by phone- do the phones have built in voicemail? Or is it by a note. Just wondering how exactly they will contact us.
Early in the MORNING of the day before your departure day, you'll get a DME envelope hanging on your outside doorknob or slipped under your door. That's how they notify you.
Old 08-30-2008, 02:06 PM   #599
Mufasa&Simba
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleveRocks View Post
Early in the MORNING of the day before your departure day, you'll get a DME envelope hanging on your outside doorknob or slipped under your door. That's how they notify you.
Sounds good- Thanks!
November 2012 POR May 2014 POFQ
Mufasa&Simba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 07:43 PM   #600
lpberg
Mouseketeer

Ok - since I am now panicking since we leave TOMORROW MORNING we decided last minute (like TONIGHT) to not take ME once we arrive at MCO tomorrow at 4:30..... I have all the ME tags, they have my arrival info, etc. I just want to verify that I need to call the 866 # to let them know we WON'T be using the service.....
I would read all 40 pages but, time is of the essence!!!

Lynne

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: