Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-03-2006, 10:24 PM   #46
CleveRocks
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracys2cents
Thanks for all the info, but I'm a worry-wart and like to be prepared for the worst. My question is on the return.

We are flying Jet Blue so I can check my bags at the participating airline desk and kiss them goodbye. Is THIS the same point that I will be told what bus to take and what time it leaves?
Actually, there will be no one to check in with, no one to tell you which bus to take and what time it leaves. As has already been posted immediately above, you'll be informed in writing one day earlier the time of your bus. There won't be multiple buses waiting, so it's not like you'll have to be shown the right one. About 15 minutes in advance, go to the area where you were first dropped off by the DME bus on your arrival day.

As I said, there's no one to check in with. But the Bell Services CMs out there can answer simple general questions, such as "Where should I stand?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracys2cents
What if we miss our bus? I imagine they'd put us on another one in a half hour...but would we have to do something about our bags? Would they have been removed from the scheduled bus? And if so, where would we go to retrieve and re-check them? Thanks again!
Since you're using Resort Airline Check-In, your checked luggage will not be on "your" DME bus, they will be transported to MCO via truck. So, missing your bus won't affect your luggage, but it MAY affect YOU! Aim not to be late. Chances are you won't miss your flight if you catch the next DME bus 30 minutes later, but it IS possible. The other problem is that since these rides are scheduled, if the "next" bus is scheduled to have a full load and you get on it also, then you're really taking someone else's seats (and DME buses, unlike Disney Transport buses, can't travel with people standing).
Old 08-07-2006, 11:06 PM   #47
bab31
DIS Veteran

I have scanned this over and hope I havent missed the answere (sorry if I have) My husband and I are having trouble getting out on the same flight on the frist leg of our flight. I can arrange to get myself to the second city out to Orlando and meet him there at that airport, and arrive orlando on the same flight. How does it work with ourAAA package, do they just note the different itenaries?
bab31 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-08-2006, 07:38 AM   #48
clkelley
I squealed really loud!!
I got one on my camper too

That makes no difference. You are arriving in Orlando on the same flight. That is the flight number you give to Magical Express or your Travel Agent. Your first flight is of no importance.

Carol
clkelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 12:19 AM   #49
dreamalittledream
DIS Veteran

I see each person gets 2 tags. I have a 2 yr old, will she get 2 as well? I know I'll need them! She has a seat on the plane and is listed on the resort ressie.
thanks!

When can we go back to Disney??
Disney Cruise with the Family June 2014
CBR 12/6-12/12 2013 Pop Warner Cheerleading Jr Midget Lg PW2 3rd place National Champions
POFQ 10/15-22 2008 for MNSSHP
CR MKTower 11/30 -12/10 2006 Holiday Invasion to the World
POFQ 2/5-2/8 2005 Princess #2 's first WDW trip!
Poly LV 2/7 -2/14 2004 Bringing our Princess to meet Cinderella
dreamalittledream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 06:39 AM   #50
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamalittledream
I see each person gets 2 tags. I have a 2 yr old, will she get 2 as well? I know I'll need them! She has a seat on the plane and is listed on the resort ressie.
thanks!
Everyone who has a seat/reservation gets two luggage tags.
Old 08-11-2006, 10:55 AM   #51
daisy_77
BL II - Blue Team
I had no idea that we shrink as the day goes on

Hi, I have a question for anyone who can answer. I land at 10:45pm and I am using DME. I would like to pick-up my own luggage at the carousel. I know that I need to leave the yellow tags off.

What I was wondering is, do I go to the DME desk and tell them I am getting my own luggage? I am afraid I am going to miss my bus. Sometimes luggage takes awhile to retrieve.
TIA!

daisy_77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 01:57 PM   #52
loriandmatt
DIS Veteran

sorry to flood you with other questions about this. i have read the entire thread (thanks by the way - i found lots of this info very helpful) but i am still a little "confuzzled".

here is my scenario:

We fly SouthWest between philly and mco. i get the philly to mco part: i put the ME luggage tags on my checked bags before i leave for the airport, check them at the curb and kiss them goodby. i should see them in my room within a few hours of check in at the resort.

We are changing resorts half way thru our trip. we will lug them to the new resort ourselves (no biggie).

Right here is where things still aren't clear to me.....Disney sent me two ME packets/booklets. one for our arriving flight with AllStarSports on the luggage tags (correct - that is our resort for our first half of the trip ) and another booklet/packet with different luggage tags with POR on them.

i read your posts above to indicate that i am to take my bags from my room upon checkout and proceed to the ME bus pick up myself. then when ME arrives at MCO i recover my bags and check them in myself.

do i have the wrong? what the heck are those POR luggage tags for if i am supposed to handle my luggage myself on the trip back to MCO at the end of my WDW resort stay.

thanks for any info you can give to clear that up for me.

- lori
8/1980 (a one day trip to MK, but the magic was planted), 9/2000 ASMo (the long awaited return - i am hooked), 10/2001 - FW, 2/2002 - offsite, 6/2002 - ASMu, 8/2003 FW (it's been over a year- ack! I am going thru withdrawl), 3/2004 FW, Wow - a new house and a new baby - will have to wait a while for out next trip. How long do you think we can hold out?!?!?!?, 9/2005 - Pop (Held out for 18 months - that was hard!), 8/2006 - ASSp and POR, 8/2007 - FW,6/2008 - off site windsor hills villa,8/09 - just swung by for two day trips while staying at Cocoa Beach,07/10 - WL, 07/11 - AKL,8/12 - POR, 7/13 - Poly, 2014 - planning - leaning towards FW cabin
loriandmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 02:32 PM   #53
CleveRocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy_77
Hi, I have a question for anyone who can answer. I land at 10:45pm and I am using DME. I would like to pick-up my own luggage at the carousel. I know that I need to leave the yellow tags off.

What I was wondering is, do I go to the DME desk and tell them I am getting my own luggage? I am afraid I am going to miss my bus. Sometimes luggage takes awhile to retrieve.
TIA!
Get your luggage first and then head to the DME Welcome Center. It's literally impossible for you to miss your bus. You are not assigned to a specific bus. I can't imagine them closing up shop for the night before you get there. If it makes you feel better, if you're traveling with another adult have that other person go to the DME desk to check in.

You won't have to rush on DME's account. Like I said, you're not assigned to an exact bus. NOW, on the way back to MCO from your resort, it's a different story. Then , you ARE assigned to an exact bus at an exact time and you don't want to miss THAT bus.

HAVE FUN!
Old 08-11-2006, 02:37 PM   #54
CleveRocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by loriandmatt
sorry to flood you with other questions about this. i have read the entire thread (thanks by the way - i found lots of this info very helpful) but i am still a little "confuzzled".

here is my scenario:

We fly SouthWest between philly and mco. i get the philly to mco part: i put the ME luggage tags on my checked bags before i leave for the airport, check them at the curb and kiss them goodby. i should see them in my room within a few hours of check in at the resort.

We are changing resorts half way thru our trip. we will lug them to the new resort ourselves (no biggie).

Right here is where things still aren't clear to me.....Disney sent me two ME packets/booklets. one for our arriving flight with AllStarSports on the luggage tags (correct - that is our resort for our first half of the trip ) and another booklet/packet with different luggage tags with POR on them.

i read your posts above to indicate that i am to take my bags from my room upon checkout and proceed to the ME bus pick up myself. then when ME arrives at MCO i recover my bags and check them in myself.

do i have the wrong? what the heck are those POR luggage tags for if i am supposed to handle my luggage myself on the trip back to MCO at the end of my WDW resort stay.

thanks for any info you can give to clear that up for me.

- lori
You're quite correct that you don't need luggage tags for the trip from your resort to MCO at the end of your vacation.

I think it's just a glitch in the system that everyone who does a split stay is getting a complete DME packet for EACH resort they're staying at; I'm pretty sure that on a split stay you have 2 separate reservation numbers, so a DME packet is just being blindly ordered up for each reservation number.

Do yourself a favor and DISCARD the DME luggage tags that have POR on them -- they are 100% totally useless for you. It would NOT be good to mistakenly put them on your bags at home instead of the ASSp ones.
Old 08-11-2006, 02:49 PM   #55
daisy_77
BL II - Blue Team
I had no idea that we shrink as the day goes on

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleveRocks
Get your luggage first and then head to the DME Welcome Center. It's literally impossible for you to miss your bus. You are not assigned to a specific bus. I can't imagine them closing up shop for the night before you get there. If it makes you feel better, if you're traveling with another adult have that other person go to the DME desk to check in.

You won't have to rush on DME's account. Like I said, you're not assigned to an exact bus. NOW, on the way back to MCO from your resort, it's a different story. Then , you ARE assigned to an exact bus at an exact time and you don't want to miss THAT bus.

HAVE FUN!
Thank you, Eric, so much for answering so fast!
It really puts my mind at ease!

daisy_77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 08:33 PM   #56
BNC
Earning My Ears

I hadn't really done that much research on DME before I called the WL. I called them because as it turns out I might not use DME because we might just rent a car, so my questions to them was 1 if I decided to rent a car when would I have to let DME know I wouldn't be using their services, and 2 if we did rent a car could I still just send my luggage with them since we're getting in on an early flight and would have to leave our luggage with the bellman anyway because I was sure our room wouldn't be ready. I was told 1 I didn't have to tell DME if I did rent a car, and 2 if I did rent the car and wanted to just send my luggage with them to just check in at the welcome counter and let them know I was doing this. Was this CM wrong in telling me this? After all people who don't do research on the web before they leave or just didn't see the fine print somewhere might actually have this happen. It doesn't state in the booklet anywhere that you have to travel with your luggage. Thanks in advance.

BNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 08:45 PM   #57
CleveRocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNC
It doesn't state in the booklet anywhere that you have to travel with your luggage. Thanks in advance.
Unfortunately for you, it DOES state that this is not allowed in Disney's FAQs on DME. It specifically says that on the arrival leg, DME is NOT a luggage-only service. I confirmed this recently with a phone call directly to DME, by the way.

I think Disney is just like every other company, in that people in one department may have exceptional information about their own department, but then spotty information about other departments. If you want independent confirmation, call DME directly, since they're the ones in the know when it comes to DME stuff. And do us all a favor, if you do call please come back to post whatever info you got!
Old 08-17-2006, 09:59 PM   #58
BNC
Earning My Ears

I'm sorry Eric, I don't doubt what you say in any way shape or form! I do understand and have read with my own two eyes that on Disney's web site for DME FAQs they state this fact. Which by the way if I didn't find this board I would have never given it two thoughts to rent my car and check my luggage with DME. Given what I was told to do by the CM at the resort and the fact that it's still not printed in the DME booklet that was mailed to my house. (which I have read over and over and yep still nothing about riding your luggage to the resort )

What I was asking is for people who didn't take it a step further and look for DME FAQs, they wouldn't have ever read that they had to be on the bus for their luggage to be delivered! So what would have happen to their luggage, would DME really just leave it there at the airport, would Disney make them drive back to the airport and get it themselves, or would a DME CM slap them on hand tell them that's not the correct way to have your luggage delivered to your room we'll deliver it this time but not next time, all because they didn't read the fine print?

Again don't get me wrong, I've now read the fine print and know that if I rent a car I'm getting my own luggage!

Last edited by BNC; 08-17-2006 at 11:34 PM.
Old 08-18-2006, 06:46 AM   #59
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNC
I'm sorry Eric, I don't doubt what you say in any way shape or form! I do understand and have read with my own two eyes that on Disney's web site for DME FAQs they state this fact. Which by the way if I didn't find this board I would have never given it two thoughts to rent my car and check my luggage with DME. Given what I was told to do by the CM at the resort and the fact that it's still not printed in the DME booklet that was mailed to my house. (which I have read over and over and yep still nothing about riding your luggage to the resort )

What I was asking is for people who didn't take it a step further and look for DME FAQs, they wouldn't have ever read that they had to be on the bus for their luggage to be delivered! So what would have happen to their luggage, would DME really just leave it there at the airport, would Disney make them drive back to the airport and get it themselves, or would a DME CM slap them on hand tell them that's not the correct way to have your luggage delivered to your room we'll deliver it this time but not next time, all because they didn't read the fine print?

Again don't get me wrong, I've now read the fine print and know that if I rent a car I'm getting my own luggage!
We don't know what would happen to someone's luggage if they didn't ride DME themselves but sent the luggage on without them. Disney has stated that DME is not a luggage transferral service, but a people transferral service, with the perk of having to not deal with your luggage. With everything that Disney does, there are going to be those that try to get around the system. Personnaly, if I were paying to rent a car, use a towncar service..whatever..I wouldn't put those yellow tags on my bags. I would pick them up myself. The only reason I can deal with not having my luggage immediatly available to me at the resort, is that I have gotten 'free' transportation from the airport. If I have to pay for that transport, then I'll be grabbing my own bags. I just know that if I were to try to 'take advantage' of the DME system, and not ride it yet send my checked bags through on it, it would be my bags that DIsney would end up making a statement with. .....probably leaving them at the airport or some such thing. Not willing to take that chance.
Old 08-18-2006, 10:43 AM   #60
BNC
Earning My Ears

goofy4tink did the pixiedust get in your eyes this morning?

I feel as though you may have misunderstood my question, I don't want to "take advantage" of the DME system!

So, please know that I have done my reading and found out that it's not acceptable to use DME as a luggage transferal service, but that lead me to wonder what would happen to the poor guy that didn't purposely look for this information? I say purposely because the information is not in the booklet sent out, but rather on message boards like this or in the DME FAQs page on Disney's website! So what would happen with that guy's luggage? I’m sure there is a person out there that has had it happen to them, and I was looking to find out what they had to say.

Though I appreciate your comments, my question still looms for the right person to answer

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: