Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2008, 05:42 PM   #556
ahecht
Disney fanatic trapped in New England

They asked me for names of everyone on the reservation, the reservation number, dates of arrival, arrival airlines and flight numbers, dates of departure, departure airlines and flight numbers.
Old 07-30-2008, 06:27 PM   #557
Princess Griss
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahecht View Post
They asked me for names of everyone on the reservation, the reservation number, dates of arrival, arrival airlines and flight numbers, dates of departure, departure airlines and flight numbers.
Thank you
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-01-2008, 07:20 AM   #558
Princess Griss
Mouseketeer

is it true that the dme number is out of service right now?
Old 08-01-2008, 07:29 AM   #559
Poohbear67
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Griss View Post
is it true that the dme number is out of service right now?

April "08" AKL
April "08"Pop Century April "08"
MNSSHP Sept. "08"
Pop Century Sept. "08"
All Star Music Dec. "07"
Pop Century Mojito Gang "07"
MNSSHP Sept. 14th "07
AK Sept. "06"
All Star Sports Sept. "06"
Poohbear67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 03:57 PM   #560
CleveRocks
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster worshipper

I just called 1-866-599-0951 and I got through to DME.
Old 08-07-2008, 07:11 PM   #561
Mufasa&Simba
Mouseketeer

We got our tags and instructions in the mail today! It looks pretty simple so I think we'll do alright. Everything is official now and all booked- hard to believe!
November 2012 POR May 2014 POFQ
Mufasa&Simba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 03:44 PM   #562
pjs755
Mouseketeer

Does everyone have to ride?

Read all 38 pages, and didn't see this question...

DW, DS and I leave Tuesday. Can the two of them ride the DME while I rent a car and make a grocery stop? I was afraid Disney could require all persons listed to be present before getting on the bus.

Paul
pjs755 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 03:52 PM   #563
CleveRocks
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjs755 View Post
Read all 38 pages, and didn't see this question...

DW, DS and I leave Tuesday. Can the two of them ride the DME while I rent a car and make a grocery stop? I was afraid Disney could require all persons listed to be present before getting on the bus.

Paul
Yes, you can do it that way. You'll have no problems from Disney on that one.
Old 08-08-2008, 03:56 PM   #564
pjs755
Mouseketeer

Wow, that was fast!

DW wants to ride in comfort while her beast of burden does all the work. She likes to stroll to a destination, I like to move like running back headed for the endzone. This plan works for both of us.

Paul
pjs755 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 10:43 AM   #565
merfsko
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielmorgan03 View Post
There is a good chance I will not get my ME tags. We leave the 22nd of July. My question is have any of you had Disney handle your luggage without the tags, with no incidents?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleveRocks View Post
Many many many people have done it, and here on the DIS we have NEVER read even one single complaint about the process. It may seem like a new and strange idea to you, but it's an established procedure that's been in place since Day One in May 2005. For the DME CMs it's just another day at the office.
While I do have my voucher and tags, my sister did not receive hers; we leave Friday and we have people wathcing the mail at all three addresses (hers, mine, and our cousins) that the hotel has, as we're unsure of which one they will show up at (mine went to my cousins, for some reason).

Opinions Wanted: If she doesn't get the mail, should she go tag-less, or should I put one of the two tags I recieved on her luggage?
I tend to be slightly paranoid, convinced that what can go wrong, will go wrong, and so I just wanted the trusty opinions of my fellow DISers to put me at east!

Thanks all!

-merfsko
DLR x2
merfsko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 06:11 AM   #566
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by merfsko View Post
While I do have my voucher and tags, my sister did not receive hers; we leave Friday and we have people wathcing the mail at all three addresses (hers, mine, and our cousins) that the hotel has, as we're unsure of which one they will show up at (mine went to my cousins, for some reason).

Opinions Wanted: If she doesn't get the mail, should she go tag-less, or should I put one of the two tags I recieved on her luggage?
I tend to be slightly paranoid, convinced that what can go wrong, will go wrong, and so I just wanted the trusty opinions of my fellow DISers to put me at east!

Thanks all!

-merfsko
There will be one packet for the primary name on the reservation. So....if you made the reservation for all of you, there will be one info packet, which should go to you, with all the vouchers/tags in it. If each person made their own resort reservation, then each room will get their own packet....if you follow me.
So....if your sister does not have tags, you most certainly can put one of your extra tags on her bags. As long as you are all going to the same resort that will work. Then, you will have to distribute the bags upon arrival. Now...if your sister doesn't have her voucher as well, that's not a problem. When she gets to the DME counter, they can print her up a new one.
I would just doublecheck to make sure that everyone who should be on the DME reservation, is on the reservation. Give DME a call just to make sure.

goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 07:36 AM   #567
toledo13
A dream is a wish your heart makes.

When are we supposed to get our tags??? I called and told the CM when our flight was (in early December) about a month and a half ago (at least!), and I haven't received tags yet....
toledo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 12:50 PM   #568
merfsko
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
There will be one packet for the primary name on the reservation. So....if you made the reservation for all of you, there will be one info packet, which should go to you, with all the vouchers/tags in it. If each person made their own resort reservation, then each room will get their own packet....if you follow me.
So....if your sister does not have tags, you most certainly can put one of your extra tags on her bags. As long as you are all going to the same resort that will work. Then, you will have to distribute the bags upon arrival. Now...if your sister doesn't have her voucher as well, that's not a problem. When she gets to the DME counter, they can print her up a new one.
I would just doublecheck to make sure that everyone who should be on the DME reservation, is on the reservation. Give DME a call just to make sure.
Thanks! Yes, we booked seperately- however we are at the same resort, and requested adjoining rooms.
I will most definately call DME to make sure that she is on the reservation.

Thank-You very much for your response!
DLR x2
merfsko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 01:49 PM   #569
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by toledo13 View Post
When are we supposed to get our tags??? I called and told the CM when our flight was (in early December) about a month and a half ago (at least!), and I haven't received tags yet....
You won't get your DME packet until about 45 days before you leave. No need to start worrying now. You can start looking for your packet around the beginning of November.

Quote:
Originally Posted by merfsko View Post
Thanks! Yes, we booked seperately- however we are at the same resort, and requested adjoining rooms.
I will most definately call DME to make sure that she is on the reservation.

Thank-You very much for your response!
If you booked seperately you should each get a packet for those on each reservation. For instance....the Smith family and the Jones family are heading to WDW together. They are each booking a room, but want to be as close to each other (either connecting or adjoining). Mrs. Smith makes her reservation at the resort for her group of 3. Mrs. Jones books her resort for her group of 4. Each one of them should get a DME packet for their group....Mrs. Smith will get a packet with vouchers for her group, while Mrs. Jones gets her packet for her group. Each packet will have a voucher and 2 luggage tags for each person booked in that particular room.
I would have your sister call and make sure her reservation includes DME.

goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 06:36 PM   #570
Quacktatty
DIS Veteran

I just recieved my ME tags and vouchers. The tags are correct

My question is related to the vouchers. I have called Disney with ALL of my flight information multiple times (it's changed). However, the voucher booklet does not list the flight information and says I should call DME to update it. What's the deal? Do I REALLY need to call? I know that they have my info, I've seen it on my Online Reservation and had CMs confirm it with me.
Previous Trips: DL and WDW numerous times on and off-site as a child, 1999 High School trip to WDW, played on stage at Cosmic Ray's and in DTD. 3/03 - 1 Day in MK, 10/03 - ASMovies, 1/07 - 7 nights POFQ, 9/08 - 6 nights AKL, 10/09 - 10 nights POP/AKL, 5/10 - 5 nights POFQ, 10/10 - 7 nights AKL, 11/11 - 5 nights DLR (HoJo)

Trip Reports: May 2010, October 2009, September 2008, January 2007

Dining Reviews:October 2010, May 2010, October 2009, September 2008

Quacktatty is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: