Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2008, 06:41 AM   #511
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilverTherapist View Post
I skimmed through the thread, but didn't see this specific question addressed.

How long before our vacation should we expect to get the tags in the mail and what should we do if they don't arrive by that time.
Most people have reported getting their DME info packet, with luggage tags, about 5 weeks before departure.
If you have not recieved yours by the three week prior point, I would call DME and make sure they have you in the system.
If your packet does not come in time, for whatever reason, and you are sure DME has you in the system, you have a couple of options...
1. You can head to baggage claim yourself and get your bags and take them to the DME area with you. They will be stowed underneath the bus you are on.
2. You can go directly to the DME checkin counter, and give them your baggage claim receipts and a description of the bags. They will then send someone off to get the bags and put them on the baggage truck, headed for the resorts. You then board your bus and your luggage will get to you in about 3 hrs after resort checkin.
Old 06-23-2008, 07:32 PM   #512
erin1998
Mouseketeer

Good evening all
I have a question and I apologize if it has been asked a thousand times before, but can I pick up our luggage at baggage claim, then use ME? Last time we were at WDW, we used ME. We landed at the airport at 10am, but our luggage didn't arrive until after 9pm. I do not want to wait that long for our luggage this time and figure it would be easier if I picked up our own luggage. If we can do it, how does it work? Do we just bring it on the bus with us? Any advise would be appreciated!!!!
Erin

May 2011...Allure of the Seas
June 2010...AKL and RCI Bahamas cruise
Nov 2009....Carnival Victory Southern Cruise
Nov 2008....RCI Adventure of the Seas Southern Cruise
July 2008....AKL
May 2008....RCI Liberty of the Seas Western Cruise
Aug 2007....POFQ/Universal's Royal Pacific
Nov 2006....POR/DCL 7 nights on the Magic
Oct 2005....CBR
June 2004....CBR
erin1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-23-2008, 07:55 PM   #513
Chip 'n Dale Express
Can't stay put!
I met lots of DIS'ers during my purple-panted tenure
I'm just fine with being terrific instead

Quote:
Originally Posted by erin1998 View Post
Good evening all
I have a question and I apologize if it has been asked a thousand times before, but can I pick up our luggage at baggage claim, then use ME? Last time we were at WDW, we used ME. We landed at the airport at 10am, but our luggage didn't arrive until after 9pm. I do not want to wait that long for our luggage this time and figure it would be easier if I picked up our own luggage. If we can do it, how does it work? Do we just bring it on the bus with us? Any advise would be appreciated!!!!
Erin
Yes... you can. Just don't use the yellow tags.

But this will only work IF your luggage is on the same plane as you. There's a very good chance that your luggage arrived 11 hours later due to the airline accidentally mis-directing your luggage, and it not being on the same flight as you.
Old 06-25-2008, 01:11 PM   #514
ahecht
Disney fanatic trapped in New England

Can anyone tell me what the "zones" are that are printed inside the Mickey head? I've seen a picture of one that said "DD", so I assume the zones are:

DD: Downtown Disney (FW, OKW, POR, POFQ, SSR)
AK: Animal Kingom (ASSp, ASMu, ASMo, AKL, CSR, Pop)
EC: Epcot (BC, YC, BW, CBR)
MK: Magic Kingdom (CR, GF, Poly, WL)

Is this list correct? Where does Pop Century go? What color is Magic Kingdom?

Last edited by ahecht; 07-02-2008 at 07:05 PM.
ahecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 01:34 PM   #515
CleveRocks
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahecht View Post
Can anyone tell me what the "zones" are that are printed inside the Mickey head? I've seen a picture of one that said "DD", so I assume the zones are:

DD: Downtown Disney (OKW, POR, POFQ, SSR)
AK: Animal Kingom (ASSp, ASMu, ASMo, CSR, AKL)
EP: Epcot (BC, YC, BW, CBR)
MK: Magic Kingdom (CR, FW, GF, Poly, WL)

Is this list correct? Where does Pop Century go?
Pop Century is in the AK zone. And Fort Wilderness Campground is in the DD zone, not the MK zone ... the road entrance to FWC is along the same road as the entrances to the other DD resorts.
Old 06-25-2008, 01:47 PM   #516
beacher
DVC Member

What if 1 or 2 people in a group don't board the bus?

Hi All,

We have a family group of 11 arriving on four different flights in August; I've signed everyone up for DME and luggage tags. We are now thinking that 1 or 2 of us will use a car service to make a grocery run for the whole group (all flights arrive within 45 min. of each other and we're staying in 2 2BR's with kitchens.) Will the luggage delivery be jeopardized for the folks who don't board the bus?

Thanks for your help,

2010: March - BCV / November - BCV
2009: March - BCV / December BWV
2008: March - BWV / August - BCV / December BWV
2007: March - BWV / August - BCV / November BWV
2006: March - BWV / August - BCV / November BWV
2005: August - BCV / November - BWV
2004: March - OKW / August - BCV / December - BWV
2003: August - Poly / December - BWV
beacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 03:33 PM   #517
CleveRocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by beacher View Post
Hi All,

We have a family group of 11 arriving on four different flights in August; I've signed everyone up for DME and luggage tags. We are now thinking that 1 or 2 of us will use a car service to make a grocery run for the whole group (all flights arrive within 45 min. of each other and we're staying in 2 2BR's with kitchens.) Will the luggage delivery be jeopardized for the folks who don't board the bus?

Thanks for your help,
ALL of the luggage will be delivered. You don't even have to worry about little details like making sure the car service riders' tags don't get used. EVERYONE'S luggage will be delivered by DME, regardless, as long as ANY DME tags from your party are on there.

This is by Disney's verbally stated policy (numerous DME CMs), not my opinion or my guess.
Old 06-25-2008, 07:34 PM   #518
DVC California
Try this weird hybrid sometime: DisneyQuest + Water Parks Annual Pass.......it's a blast!

We're scheduled to check into Pop Century on 7/10 but are arriving on a late (or early flight) 12:05 am 7/10. We plan to spend the first night at either the Hyatt or other airport area hotel due to the late hour.

Do you think it will be safe to tag our luggage and have DME transport them to Pop, even though we won't be physically checking in for another 12 hours. It would save us a lot of trouble, sclepping bags around. We still plan on using DME to travel from MCO to POP later that morning.

I mean, technically we'll be checking in the same day, 7/10, just not immendiately after our flight.

TIA, Steve
DVC California is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 08:51 PM   #519
beacher
DVC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleveRocks View Post
ALL of the luggage will be delivered....
Thanks Eric - great forum here too BTW. Don't visit often but found tons of info just when I needed it! Best wishes for a great summer,

2010: March - BCV / November - BCV
2009: March - BCV / December BWV
2008: March - BWV / August - BCV / December BWV
2007: March - BWV / August - BCV / November BWV
2006: March - BWV / August - BCV / November BWV
2005: August - BCV / November - BWV
2004: March - OKW / August - BCV / December - BWV
2003: August - Poly / December - BWV
beacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 01:31 PM   #520
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC California View Post
We're scheduled to check into Pop Century on 7/10 but are arriving on a late (or early flight) 12:05 am 7/10. We plan to spend the first night at either the Hyatt or other airport area hotel due to the late hour.

Do you think it will be safe to tag our luggage and have DME transport them to Pop, even though we won't be physically checking in for another 12 hours. It would save us a lot of trouble, sclepping bags around. We still plan on using DME to travel from MCO to POP later that morning.

I mean, technically we'll be checking in the same day, 7/10, just not immendiately after our flight.

TIA, Steve

Hmmm, interesting situation. Technically, it should work but I'm not sure I'ld try it. I would just take the luggage myself to be on the safe side. To be perfectly honest, if you're paying to check into POP that night, I would just do there to begin with. I'm just not sure how it works when arriving after midnight as far as reservations go.
Old 06-26-2008, 04:46 PM   #521
ahecht
Disney fanatic trapped in New England

^Their check-in time at the Pop is 3pm, and their flight arrives 15 hours before that -- they can't sleep at the Pop when they arrive.
Old 06-26-2008, 04:57 PM   #522
CleveRocks

Quote:
^Their check-in time at the Pop is 3pm, and their flight arrives 15 hours before that -- they can't sleep at the Pop when they arrive.
He knows that ... he posted that they will spend their first night at the Hyatt or another place close to the airport, then take the DME bus to Pop in the morning. There will be no problem with doing this. His question was whether he'll be able to have his checked bags delivered to Pop via DME, versus claiming the bags himself and taking them to the DME bus when he rides the DME bus sometime after sunrise on 7/10.
Old 06-26-2008, 05:00 PM   #523
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
No, that's not quite correct. Yes, 3 pm is technically 'checkin' time. But the majority of times I have checked into a Disney resort, I have been able to get into my room right away. My arrival times have varied from 9 am right up to the 3 pm time....depends on whether or not the room is cleaned and ready yet. There is no need to wait until 3 pm.
But, I do know the computers in the resorts are maintained around 3-4 am, so that could possibly present a problem.
I would just take the bags with me, to the Hyatt (or wherever they end up) and then hop on the DME bus, with their luggage the next morning. Or, try to get that night of arrival at POP.....it's a funny situation though. You could try to book that arrival night and only get partial use of the day/night, because of the lateness of the arrival.
Old 06-26-2008, 05:02 PM   #524
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleveRocks View Post
He knows that ... he posted that they will spend their first night at the Hyatt or another place close to the airport, then take the DME bus to Pop in the morning. There will be no problem with doing this. His question was whether he'll be able to have his checked bags delivered to Pop via DME, versus claiming the bags himself and taking them to the DME bus when he rides the DME bus sometime after sunrise on 7/10.
They're resonding to my thought that perhaps they could take the bus since it's 'sort of' their checkin day. I was kinda thinking out loud.
But....I still don't know if the luggage would get to POP..yes, it would be technically on the day the reservation starts. But, again, there's that 'system maintianence' in the wee hours..the computers are upgrading or some such thing. I wonder if the room reservation just wouldn't show up until the date switched.
Old 07-03-2008, 08:46 PM   #525
TxTiggergal
Mouseketeer

Just got my DME packet in the mail today. Noticed they have reduced the number of yellow tags to one per person...I'm guessing in response to the new airline policy on charging for a 2nd bag. But since we purchased our tickets back in January before the 2nd bag charge took effect, we were planning on checking 2 bags each. So how would I obtain additional yellow tags?
TxTiggergal is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: