Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2008, 07:41 PM   #466
schpug03
Earning My Ears

Thank you for answering me so quickly. I know my question was confusing and both of you did answer what I was asking. This is such a wonderful forum. I wish I had found this sooner!!
schpug03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 04:13 PM   #467
ameraumi
DIS Veteran

I did a quick glance thru the posts but did not see an answer to my question.

We received our packet today, which I was pleasantly surprised since we still have almost 5 weeks to go. We had a flight number change since I booked, the information was corrected on our packet but not my in-laws. I have a call in to my TA to have it corrected but my question in the mean time is this: will they need new tags to reflect the correct flight information? We are flying a participating airline (Delta) and didn't know if they flight number had to be correct with the books.

April 2006 ~ CSR (our 1st WDW trip!)
June 5-14 '08 ~ WL
Another trip to come sometime...
ameraumi is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-03-2008, 06:51 PM   #468
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

No, it's not really neccesary. They don't really need the flight info to be correct.
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 05:05 PM   #469
mrs_hower726
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness2289 View Post
I am doing a Land/Sea DCL Package with transportation. My question... The last trip we used DME, our tags were yellow. With this land/sea trip, the tags are trimmed in blue with DCL on them and the resort name, our names, and our stateroom number. Do they still work the same as the yellow tags. When we get off of our SW flight, do we still just go down to the DME buses and expect our luggage at the resort? Or, should I be expecting yellow tags in a separate package?

I've seen this question asked a couple of times and didn't see the answer (I also didn't read all 20some pages) but I have the answer so I wanted to share the wealth.

If you are doing the Land/Sea package, you will get the blue luggage tags instead of yellow ones. The yellow ones are for those doing the land only portion. On the blue, it will state the resort, names, and stateroom number of the cruise portion. When you get to orlando, you just go to the DME buses and do the same as if you were doing just the land portion with the yellow tags and your luggage will get to the resort. Just make sure the blue tags stay on your luggage for both the trip from the airport to the resort and the resort to the cruise ship.

Phillies 5k - 3/31/12: 36:00
Boots on the Run 5K - 4/25/12
Girls on the Run 5K -5/19/12
mrs_hower726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 12:25 PM   #470
LakeAriel
DIS Veteran

My family and I will be at POFQ for a few days before the Disney Cruise. The room reservation is with a TA discount (MY dsil) made online and there is no place to put the magical express info that I could see. Can I call ME myself and add it?
LakeAriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 12:51 PM   #471
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeAriel View Post
My family and I will be at POFQ for a few days before the Disney Cruise. The room reservation is with a TA discount (MY dsil) made online and there is no place to put the magical express info that I could see. Can I call ME myself and add it?
I would have your dsil do it for you. She technically 'owns' the reservation. I'm not sure DME will do it for you, but she could have it added.
Old 05-09-2008, 12:45 PM   #472
LakeAriel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
I would have your dsil do it for you. She technically 'owns' the reservation. I'm not sure DME will do it for you, but she could have it added.

Thanks! I explained to my son in law what he needed to do...and he looked at me like I had two heads. I found the travel agent number for Disney and called. I said I was calling on his behalf..I had all the info and the agent was very kind and knowledgeable and got it all straightened out. Apparently once you book you can no longer modify online at the TA site...
She added Magical Express for our two separate flights..
Old 05-09-2008, 12:52 PM   #473
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeAriel View Post
Thanks! I explained to my son in law what he needed to do...and he looked at me like I had two heads. I found the travel agent number for Disney and called. I said I was calling on his behalf..I had all the info and the agent was very kind and knowledgeable and got it all straightened out. Apparently once you book you can no longer modify online at the TA site...
She added Magical Express for our two separate flights..
Sorry I called him a her!! But, I'm glad it got straightened out and you're on your way!
Old 05-09-2008, 05:27 PM   #474
LakeAriel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
Sorry I called him a her!! But, I'm glad it got straightened out and you're on your way!

That's OK..I don't know my lingo that well..maybe Dsil is sister in law??

Just glad my T's are crossed.
Old 05-16-2008, 02:57 PM   #475
rico567
Earning My Ears

We booked a room at POR for the third week of June, and it's a corporate / convention reservation, which means we booked on the corporate website. Is there a specific place we can call to get the DME service? We have a participating airline.
rico567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 11:58 AM   #476
angelwolf67
Earning My Ears

i have not seen this question yet. so for the day of departure if your staying in one resort can you take DME from another resort to the airport? i have an ADR at Ohana's for breakfast and would need to be on a bus by about 11:30.
can i catch the bus there or do i have to go back to my ASMO resort? need to know how to time everything.
angelwolf67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 12:40 PM   #477
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelwolf67 View Post
i have not seen this question yet. so for the day of departure if your staying in one resort can you take DME from another resort to the airport? i have an ADR at Ohana's for breakfast and would need to be on a bus by about 11:30.
can i catch the bus there or do i have to go back to my ASMO resort? need to know how to time everything.
Your DME reservation is tied to your resort reservation. You must leave from the resort you are staying at..in your case, from ASMovies.
Old 05-27-2008, 12:43 PM   #478
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rico567 View Post
We booked a room at POR for the third week of June, and it's a corporate / convention reservation, which means we booked on the corporate website. Is there a specific place we can call to get the DME service? We have a participating airline.
I would talk to whomever is taking care of the room reservation. I know that when my dh attended a conferance back in Jan, he was booked through the convention/group area. Our dd was traveling with him, but they forgot to include her in the room reservation. Now, someone else made all those arrangements, including DME for them. But, when we got the DME reservation, dd was not listed. So, I had to call YC group area in order to get dd on the room reservation so she could be listed for DME.
That would be my suggestion...call the person who handled your resort reservations.
Old 06-02-2008, 10:24 AM   #479
skps
Earning My Ears

What do we do when we get to Orlando

I'm pretty sure that this has been covered, but for the life of me can't find the info
I understand the process with the bags, but what do we do when we actually get to the airport and how long will it take to actually get on the bus and be on our way?
Also, approximately how many stops will we have to sit through before getting to our resort?

Thanks!!!
Old 06-02-2008, 12:31 PM   #480
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by skps View Post
I'm pretty sure that this has been covered, but for the life of me can't find the info
I understand the process with the bags, but what do we do when we actually get to the airport and how long will it take to actually get on the bus and be on our way?
Also, approximately how many stops will we have to sit through before getting to our resort?

Thanks!!!
Hi Kim. This is the process for the people. When you get off the plane, you will take the tram to the main terminal. Then, go Side B, then to the lowest level, level 1 (you arrived on level 3, baggage claim is on level 2)..this is where the car rental companies and other ground transportation companies are located. You will to to the DME checkin counter, hand over your booklet which the CM will stamp (the vouchers). You will then be directed to the appropriate bus line for your particular resort. When you bus comes, you will then board. It's incredibly easy.
How long will it take?? Well, my average time, from deplaning to resort checkin line, has been about 65-70 mins..usually a shorter time than that but I had one time that it took me 85 mins to get to POP (very unusual situation). You may make up to 4 stops, but most routes have 3 stops.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: