Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2008, 11:13 AM   #451
SPAM
DIS Veteran

Ok here's a question, when I booked through Disney over the phone I asked for DME and had my flight numbers and everything. When I pull up my reservation all of the info I gave them is not there, there are dates and standard (but not correct) times filled in but no carrier or flight numbers or anything. I tried to call and correct a month or two ago and they acted like I was crazy. Do they need my flight number or is what I have sufficient to use DME?
Old 04-08-2008, 01:06 PM   #452
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

As long as you are in the system, you should be fine. The actual flight arrival times aren't all that important. When you get closer to your departure, you may want to call and tell them the correct flight numbers, but that's only a safeguard if there were to be an issue with any missing luggage...which doesn't happen very much. DME doesn't really care when you show up, just that you have a reservation for that particular day (the day you check into your resort).

goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-08-2008, 03:26 PM   #453
CleveRocks
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPAM View Post
Ok here's a question, when I booked through Disney over the phone I asked for DME and had my flight numbers and everything. When I pull up my reservation all of the info I gave them is not there, there are dates and standard (but not correct) times filled in but no carrier or flight numbers or anything. I tried to call and correct a month or two ago and they acted like I was crazy. Do they need my flight number or is what I have sufficient to use DME?
If it will make you feel any better, wait until you are less than 60 days from your trip (not long now!!!), then call DME directlt at 866-599-0951. DME doesn't have access to your reservation information before that time.

So make that call and confirm whether or not they have your correct info.
Old 04-09-2008, 02:15 PM   #454
rebe1968
Mouseketeer

Who do I call ?

I will be staying at the pop century on June 22- 27 who and when do I call for the DME to make a resveration ..I had no clue I had to call ahead of time until I read it hear.Thank you
rebe1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 02:45 PM   #455
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebe1968 View Post
I will be staying at the pop century on June 22- 27 who and when do I call for the DME to make a resveration ..I had no clue I had to call ahead of time until I read it hear.Thank you
You can call whomever you made your resort reservation with. Just give them a call, with your flight info. You have plenty of time.

Old 04-13-2008, 06:41 PM   #456
bunnyscootles
Mouseketeer

I just wanted to thank you guys who are answering questions here. I had a question but it was already asked and answered on page 24
Thanks

bunnyscootles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 11:02 AM   #457
Linus Van Pelt
That's how people grow up.

I was wondering how this will be handled: The day before we fly home (specifically, the early morning of the day before we fly home) we will be checking out of the Poly and into the AKL for one night. Will the door hanging containing our departure info be attached to the door of our Poly room, or will we just have to call someone to find that info out? And, of course, thanks for taking the time to answer all of these questions!
Old 04-14-2008, 03:51 PM   #458
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus Van Pelt View Post
I was wondering how this will be handled: The day before we fly home (specifically, the early morning of the day before we fly home) we will be checking out of the Poly and into the AKL for one night. Will the door hanging containing our departure info be attached to the door of our Poly room, or will we just have to call someone to find that info out? And, of course, thanks for taking the time to answer all of these questions!
When you checkin at the DME counter at MCO, they will ask you about your departure info. Be sure to mention that you are leaving from the AKL, not the Polynesian. I'm not sure how they will get you the info you need. I would double check at the front desk at the Polynesian, then at the front desk at AKL when you check in. It shouldn't be an issue. You would normally be given the departure notice the day before you leave. With that being the day you move to AKL, the notice may very well get lost in the shuffle. But, checking about it at each resort front desk should alleviate that.

Old 04-17-2008, 02:30 PM   #459
kcatplay
Earning My Ears

have two questions,first one is we arrive in orlando at 10:09 pm and are using the dme.would it be better for us to pick up are own luggage since it might take 2-3 hours for us to get it or just hope it don't take that long to deliver.second question,we are going back to all star movie resort after are disney cruise and bought the transfers for it do we put on the all star movie luggage tags or do we not need to bother.
kcatplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 09:06 PM   #460
georgiapeach93
Earning My Ears

Ok, I have read through all 31 pages and still am wondering about my situation. I booked a room only on the AAA website and now would like to book DME. Who will my info go to - AAA or me? Technically, I didn't use a travel agent, and if I have to call AAA and talk to a TA, I will be charged for their services. Anyone have any experience with this situation?
georgiapeach93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 11:51 PM   #461
CleveRocks
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiapeach93 View Post
Ok, I have read through all 31 pages and still am wondering about my situation. I booked a room only on the AAA website and now would like to book DME. Who will my info go to - AAA or me? Technically, I didn't use a travel agent, and if I have to call AAA and talk to a TA, I will be charged for their services. Anyone have any experience with this situation?
If you booked through the AAA website, then technically you DID use a travel agent. AAA is your travel agent. Just the same as if you booked through the Orbitz.com website ... in that case, Orbitz would be your TA.
Old 04-28-2008, 10:00 AM   #462
schpug03
Earning My Ears

Okay, I am new to the boards, and I am very confused about DME and checking in for my outbound flight. Since we will already have the luggage tags on our bags, do we still need to check our bags in with American when we depart? Or do we just tell American that we are using DME when we check in for the flight? I guess I'm confused because we always check in on the airline website and all we do at the airport is check our luggage. So how will American know about our bags?
schpug03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 11:37 AM   #463
BirdsOfPreyDave

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by schpug03 View Post
Okay, I am new to the boards, and I am very confused about DME and checking in for my outbound flight. Since we will already have the luggage tags on our bags, do we still need to check our bags in with American when we depart? Or do we just tell American that we are using DME when we check in for the flight? I guess I'm confused because we always check in on the airline website and all we do at the airport is check our luggage. So how will American know about our bags?
Yes, you need to check your bags with your airline just as you always do. They'll put their luggage tags on your bags in addition to the DME tags. The American tags will get your bags to the Orlando International Airport. Once there, DME takes over. They'll intercept your bags before they go to the luggage carousel and transport them to your resort.

If you were to ask a DME question at check-in with American, the airline employee probably won't have any idea what you're talking about. The DME luggage transfer is something that happens automatically at the Orlando airport for bags that have DME tags. It's not something the airline coordinates at check-in or indicates on your ticket.
Old 04-28-2008, 11:52 AM   #464
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by schpug03 View Post
Here's the deal....before you leave home, you will put one of the yellow DME luggage tags on each of your checked bags. Then, check your bags at your home airport. The bags will then 'magically' appear in your resort room up to three hours after you checkin at the resort.
Now...for your return home flight...since American is considered a 'participating' airline, you will be able to check your bags right at the resort. As long as your flight home departs after 8:30 am you're all set. You will just take your bags to be checked down to the lobby area. There will be a RAC counter, usually close to Bell Services, staffed by CM's wearing DME uniforms. They aren't truly DME employees but it helps keep things simple. There, you will show your ID, just like at the airport, your bags will be tagged and you will get your boarding passes. Then, when it's time to leave the resort, just head to the bus at the time you were told. Your bags will go to MCO all by themselves and appear at your home airport baggage claim.
The thing to keep in mind is that you have to have this transaction completed no less than 3 hrs before your flight departure. So, if you have an 8:00 am flight, you won't be able to check your bags at the resort. They will just go with you, underneath the bus you are on.
Hope this is clear..if not, ask again...sometimes I get carried away and miss the actual question..oh, and welcome to the DIS boards!

Old 04-28-2008, 11:53 AM   #465
BirdsOfPreyDave

DIS Veteran

Actually, I'm reading your post for a second time. Are you talking about your trip back home? If so, the DME tags are no longer applicable. In fact, you should take them off to avoid the possibility of your bags accidentally heading back to your resort instead of to your home airport.

If you're going to use the Resort Airline Check-in (RAC) service for your return trip, you'll take your bags to the RAC desk at your resort. They'll print your boarding passes and put the airline luggage tags on your bags when you check-in. They take your bags from you here and deliver them to the airport. The next time you see them will be on the carousel at your home airport.

When using RAC, you do not need to check in with the airline when you get to the airport. You can go right to your gate.

If you're flying on an airline that doesn't participate in RAC or choose not to use RAC, you'll need to take your bags on the DME bus for the trip to the airport. The driver will place them in a compartment under the bus at your resort, then return them to you at the airport. You'll then need to take your bags to the airline's check-in counter and check in using the typical airport procedures.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: