Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2008, 09:13 PM   #436
Ness2289
I'm a little lost on this one...
Oooooh! I see now

I am doing a Land/Sea DCL Package with transportation. My question... The last trip we used DME, our tags were yellow. With this land/sea trip, the tags are trimmed in blue with DCL on them and the resort name, our names, and our stateroom number. Do they still work the same as the yellow tags. When we get off of our SW flight, do we still just go down to the DME buses and expect our luggage at the resort? Or, should I be expecting yellow tags in a separate package?
June/July 2014- Swan & Dolphin/Pop Century, June 2013- Port Orleans French Quarter, April 2011-Disney Dream, June 2010-Pop Century Resort, Mar./Apr. 2008-1st Cruise!!- Land and Sea - Wonder/Polynesian Resort, June 2005- Caribbean Beach Resort, March 2003- Offsite for DD's 1st Trip! , 1997- Offsite, 1993- Offsite, 1981- Offsite
Ness2289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 08:38 PM   #437
maureenk
Earning My Ears

Question Very early flight

We have a 6:15 a.m. flight. Does Magic Express still pick up from the resort 3 hours ahead, so 3:15 a.m., or is it a little later, being so early (no traffic, not busy at airport yet, fewer people on ME, etc.)? Thanks in advance - Maureen
maureenk is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-14-2008, 09:18 PM   #438
CleveRocks
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by maureenk View Post
We have a 6:15 a.m. flight. Does Magic Express still pick up from the resort 3 hours ahead, so 3:15 a.m., or is it a little later, being so early (no traffic, not busy at airport yet, fewer people on ME, etc.)? Thanks in advance - Maureen
3 hours +/- about 15 minutes is the standard at all times.
Old 03-25-2008, 11:04 AM   #439
wirki
If only I lived closer
Looks like you have been covered in Tag Fairy Droppings..err.. Pixie Dust!

We would like to rent a car. Can we still send our luggage to the resort using the yellow tag.

TIA

College Program summer 1991; WL 11/04 (DH, Me, DD3)
WL 02/05 Friends Wedding ; Pop 04/05 Girls trip
AKL 10/05 (DH, Me, DD4) ; CSR 09/06 (DH, Me, DD4, DD5 month)
SSR 09/07 (Me and DMom); WLV 11/24/07-11/30/07 ;BWV 02/08 ; 09/08 (No Kids)

wirki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 11:42 AM   #440
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Disney says no. But there have been many reports of people doing exactly what you want to do. The only problem might be if the airline misdirects, or loses, any of your luggage. If you haven't checked in with DME at their counter, before boarding the bus, they won't know there is luggage missing! You could get to your resort via your rental car, check in, and thinking that your bags will be in your room later on, you would go off to a park for the day. You return, later that evening, tired but happy, only to find some, or worse yet, all, your bags missing. Now, it's hours later, hard to track those bags.
So....do what you feel works best for your family. Just be advised that tagging your checked bags for transport with DME and then going off and renting a car, is not how Disney meant the system to work.

goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 12:45 PM   #441
disneyobessed
DIS Veteran

when do you need to contact Disney to book ME? I called in February and they said it was too early. (going in aug) and... since we are staying at 2 diff. resorts.. one being a DVC via.. renting points.. does the DVC owner we are renting from need to book our return trip back to the airport?

MeDHDSDS
DD Mia
disneyobessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 12:51 PM   #442
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyobessed View Post
when do you need to contact Disney to book ME? I called in February and they said it was too early. (going in aug) and... since we are staying at 2 diff. resorts.. one being a DVC via.. renting points.. does the DVC owner we are renting from need to book our return trip back to the airport?
Did you call DME directly? I don't think they really like to do the bookings. Call whomever you booked your resort stay with...the first resort you'll be at. They can add DME to your reservation. When you get to your DVC resort, you can make your return DME reservations. The DVC owner can make those for you if you choose. But, it's just as easy to do it yourself at the resort when you get there. They need only a day or so ahead of time to book you on the return bus.

Old 03-27-2008, 02:18 PM   #443
CleveRocks

DME doesn't even have access to the reservations system more than 60 days into the future.

So if you call DME directly to make or change a reservation for more than 2 months from now, they won't be able to help you. If you're that far from your trip, call the Disney Reservations Center at the plain old 407-W-DISNEY number.
Old 03-27-2008, 02:23 PM   #444
disneyobessed
DIS Veteran

Thanks for your help... Ill call soon then just to get it off my mind..

MeDHDSDS
DD Mia
disneyobessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 11:32 AM   #445
Tomso
Earning My Ears

Wrong resort on tags

Received my tags today via my TA, but they have the wrong resort name listed on them (we changed resorts about 10 days ago). TA said that I should cross out the wrong resort with a sharpie, and write in the correct one because DME will not reissue the tags. Does this sound correct? It has me a little worried!
Tomso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 11:48 AM   #446
Poohbear67
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomso View Post
Received my tags today via my TA, but they have the wrong resort name listed on them (we changed resorts about 10 days ago). TA said that I should cross out the wrong resort with a sharpie, and write in the correct one because DME will not reissue the tags. Does this sound correct? It has me a little worried!
yes that is correct. They did that to me in Dec. and we just crossed out the wrong Resort and wrote in the correct one. We didn't change resorts at all they just messed up when printing them.

Don't worry you will be fine. Have a wonderful Trip.
what are you dates??? I will be there with a friend April 20th - 25th.

April "08" AKL
April "08"Pop Century April "08"
MNSSHP Sept. "08"
Pop Century Sept. "08"
All Star Music Dec. "07"
Pop Century Mojito Gang "07"
MNSSHP Sept. 14th "07
AK Sept. "06"
All Star Sports Sept. "06"
Poohbear67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 11:56 AM   #447
Tomso
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poohbear67 View Post
yes that is correct. They did that to me in Dec. and we just crossed out the wrong Resort and wrote in the correct one. We didn't change resorts at all they just messed up when printing them.

Don't worry you will be fine. Have a wonderful Trip.
what are you dates??? I will be there with a friend April 20th - 25th.
Thanks for the information! DW, DS5, and myself will be staying at AKL from 5/4 - 5/9. We are all very excited!
Tomso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 12:00 PM   #448
Poohbear67
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomso View Post
Thanks for the information! DW, DS5, and myself will be staying at AKL from 5/4 - 5/9. We are all very excited!
You will love it there. My fiance and myself stayed there a couple of years ago in the Savanah view Rooms and oh my gosh its Awesome!!!

let me know if you have any questions and if i can help I will to the best of my ability!!!

I just love to help out other Dissers.

Have a great VACATION!!!

April "08" AKL
April "08"Pop Century April "08"
MNSSHP Sept. "08"
Pop Century Sept. "08"
All Star Music Dec. "07"
Pop Century Mojito Gang "07"
MNSSHP Sept. 14th "07
AK Sept. "06"
All Star Sports Sept. "06"
Poohbear67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 12:18 PM   #449
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Be careful when crossing out the 'old' resort name. Do not mess with that bar code...that's what's important. DME has the correct resort listed, even though it won't show on your tags. But, the bar code is what will tell the baggage people where to send the bags. So..you don't want that to be printed over, or messed with.

Old 04-07-2008, 01:17 PM   #450
CleveRocks

Just adding to goofy4tink's correct answer ...

Pretend the barcode is actually your reservation number, and pretend instead of scanning the barcode, a CM typed your reservation number into a computer and learned from that what resrt you're staying at. That's exactly what happens within the computer system. Your tags will get scanned and will be routed to the current, correct resort. You cross out the old resort name as a "just in case" sort of thing.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: