Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2008, 08:00 AM   #406
WDWFRV
Nighttime is my time to dream of Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleveRocks View Post
DME runs 24 hours a day. As long as you have a reservation, they will be there for you. Even if your flight is hours and hours late, DME is tied into the airport' and airlines' computer systems, so they'll know to wait for you.
Thank you so much for your precious help! You have been very patient with me

(Dreams are made of Disney vacation spent with loved ones)
WDWFRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 09:02 AM   #407
Linus Van Pelt
That's how people grow up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
Yes, you have to reserve DME in advance whether or not you use the luggage delivery part of the service.
As far as your return to MCO....if yo uare flying on a 'participating airline' you will be able to check your bags right at the resort and get your boarding passes issued. But....the counter is only open from 5:00 am to about 1 pm. You have to be checked in, with the airline, no less than 3 hrs before your flight, so if you have a really early flight out (before 8:00) you won't be able to use this service. Or one later in the evening.
So with my return flight departing MCO at 6:30 p.m., will I or won't I be able to utilize RAC? I'd always just assumed that I would. I figured that I'd just mosey on over to the RAC desk in the morning after I checked out of AKL, and stow my luggage with bell services. Would that work?
Register to remove

Old 01-29-2008, 03:20 PM   #408
CleveRocks
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus Van Pelt View Post
So with my return flight departing MCO at 6:30 p.m., will I or won't I be able to utilize RAC? I'd always just assumed that I would. I figured that I'd just mosey on over to the RAC desk in the morning after I checked out of AKL, and stow my luggage with bell services. Would that work?
With your flight time, you can use RAC (as long as you're flying a "participating airline"). In the post you quoted, she said that you can check-in at RAC no FEWER than 3 hours before your flight. You can check-in at RAC as early as you want, as long as it's the same day. The RAC desk closes at 1:00 p.m.

When you say you'll have Bell Services hold your luggage for you, I assume you mean your carry-ons. Because the main feature of RAC is checking your luggage through to your final destination, just as if you were using curbside check-in at the airport.
Old 01-30-2008, 08:27 PM   #409
Linus Van Pelt
That's how people grow up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleveRocks View Post
With your flight time, you can use RAC (as long as you're flying a "participating airline"). In the post you quoted, she said that you can check-in at RAC no FEWER than 3 hours before your flight. You can check-in at RAC as early as you want, as long as it's the same day. The RAC desk closes at 1:00 p.m.

When you say you'll have Bell Services hold your luggage for you, I assume you mean your carry-ons. Because the main feature of RAC is checking your luggage through to your final destination, just as if you were using curbside check-in at the airport.
Thanks for the reply, Eric (hope I'm not being overly-familiar by calling you Eric)!

Yes, I did mean that I planned to store my carry-ons with Bell Services (I should have specified). And as we're flying with AirTran, we'll be able to utilize the RAC service. Here's to hoping that all goes well, especially since this is my first-ever flight (which I've only mentioned just about ad nauseum on these boards... but I do digress...).
Old 02-07-2008, 09:42 PM   #410
tcampb6960
Earning My Ears

Is Southwest Airlines part of Magical Express?

I just booked Magical Express. We are flying in on Southwest Airlines. All the posts that I have read do not show Southwest participating. Are my bags going to get to the Port Orleans Riverside.......do they participate with Disney Magical Express?

Thanks
tcampb6960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 10:01 PM   #411
Chip 'n Dale Express
Can't stay put!
I met lots of DIS'ers during my purple-panted tenure
I'm just fine with being terrific instead

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcampb6960 View Post
I just booked Magical Express. We are flying in on Southwest Airlines. All the posts that I have read do not show Southwest participating. Are my bags going to get to the Port Orleans Riverside.......do they participate with Disney Magical Express?

Thanks
Please read the first post of this thread to clarify things:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=944813
Old 02-11-2008, 03:09 PM   #412
georgemoe
Beverages? There were beverages?
Will always remember Norway (even if he did forget his wife)
AKA Señor Jorge

First time using DME and have a question. I did look at post one and the first five pages. Also, search doesn't really work.

I booked POR for May yesterday, with tix, and DME in a package. When I learned I could save $400 off the room with AAA, I booked the room seperately with CRO.

I was told by the CM because it was no longer a package that they could not put DME on the res but because I was staying there, could use DME. I just won't get the mailing with the yellow tags. Once I arrive at MCO, I just go to the DME desk and hand over my baggage claim tickets to a CM. I get on the bus, they take care of the rest.

I guess my question is, why do they decouple DME from the ressie if you are room only? Doesn't really seem to make sense. I thought the yellow tags to be cool and now I can't get them.

Thanks....
Old 02-11-2008, 05:15 PM   #413
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgemoe View Post
First time using DME and have a question. I did look at post one and the first five pages. Also, search doesn't really work.

I booked POR for May yesterday, with tix, and DME in a package. When I learned I could save $400 off the room with AAA, I booked the room seperately with CRO.

I was told by the CM because it was no longer a package that they could not put DME on the res but because I was staying there, could use DME. I just won't get the mailing with the yellow tags. Once I arrive at MCO, I just go to the DME desk and hand over my baggage claim tickets to a CM. I get on the bus, they take care of the rest.

I guess my question is, why do they decouple DME from the ressie if you are room only? Doesn't really seem to make sense. I thought the yellow tags to be cool and now I can't get them.

Thanks....
Wrong. Yet another case of a Disney CM giving out the wrong info. Every single person staying at a Disney owned resort is entitled to use DME. It does not matter who you booked through, it does not matter if you booked a room only using a discount, it does not matter if you booked the extreme deluxe package...it does NOT matter.
If you were to just go to the DME desk and try to 'get on the bus' you wouldn't be allowed to. You must have made a prior reservation. So.....did the CM cancel out your DME reservation when you changed over to the AAA room discount? If so, call back and get DME added to your room only reservation. If the CM didn't cancel out the DME reservation, you should be good to go. You will get the info packet, with yellow luggage tags. It makes no difference what level you stay at, how you booked, if you booked a package vs room only. It only matters that you booked a Disney owned resort.
Give them a call and see what the status is on your DME reservation. Don't bother trying to call DME...they will not have you in their system until about a month before you travel. Call whomever you booked your room with.
Old 02-11-2008, 06:14 PM   #414
CleveRocks
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster worshipper

Quote:

Thanks....
goofy4tink just gave you a perfect answer. I'm posting this just to "second" everything she wrote. I know it seems crazy to trust a stranger in cyber-space when they tell you that a Disney employee told you something wrong about Disney ... but follow goofy4tink's advice and trust her information.

When you call back, a different CM will talk to you, and hopefully the 2 of you will have a good laugh over the WRONG information given to you by the first CM.

That first CM would have cost you a big headache and a lot of money, and was suggesting that her employer act in breach of its contract with the airport authority (by contract, DME isn't allowed to accept "walk-ups").
Old 02-11-2008, 08:26 PM   #415
georgemoe
AKA Señor Jorge

goofy4tink and CleveRocks. Thanks for the correct information. I'm on hold with CRO now and will get this corrected if needed thanks to your great information.

I didn't notice this in the base note and may be something you want to add about eligibility.

Thanks again!
Old 02-11-2008, 09:19 PM   #416
georgemoe
AKA Señor Jorge

Bad information given by the original CM I contacted. DME was on and is still on my reservation.
Old 02-12-2008, 05:14 AM   #417
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Bad information given by the original CM I contacted. DME was on and is still on my reservation.
That's good to hear. Now, get on with the planning and stay warm. It's kinda cold around here. Florida and WDW sure do sound good at the moment!!
Old 02-12-2008, 09:10 AM   #418
georgemoe
AKA Señor Jorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
That's good to hear. Now, get on with the planning and stay warm. It's kinda cold around here. Florida and WDW sure do sound good at the moment!!
You got that right. The fun weather will start again for us tonight. I hear 5 - 7 inches then a mix of freeze tomorrow. Had to work from home on Monday because my vehicle doors and locks completely froze up overnight Sunday. Gotta love NE.
Old 02-23-2008, 02:03 PM   #419
mikamah
DIS Veteran

We will be using DME and resort bag checkin, but I wonder if we only check one bag going to mco, can we check 2 bags coming home? Thanks.

FEB 2014-Princesspalooza!!! Can not wait!!!
Feb 2011-Princess half marathon trip!!!
Aug 2010-michael's surprise trip!!!
Nov '09-Pop w/Jim,Beth & Taylor!!!
Jan '09 Pop-just Michael and Mom
April '08- Pop-w/ Jane + Jessa
Dec 06- ASMusic-Michael's 1st time/5th B-day/Xmas trip w/ cousin Taylor etc.
May 2000- ecpot during work conference
April 1996-ASSp-family trip
Oct 1991- CBR-my first trip
mikamah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 05:19 PM   #420
Chip 'n Dale Express
Can't stay put!
I met lots of DIS'ers during my purple-panted tenure
I'm just fine with being terrific instead

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikamah View Post
We will be using DME and resort bag checkin, but I wonder if we only check one bag going to mco, can we check 2 bags coming home? Thanks.
Sure!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: