Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2008, 05:18 AM   #391
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi5 View Post
Hello everyone.
I want to follow up with my previous post. Turns out the TA was on vacation and had little to no internet access. We have since been in very good and constant communication.

Aside those days when the TA was on vacation, everything is back on track.
I am very happy with service I am being provided and the quick response's Anne is providing to my questions.

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions and help.
Thanks so much for the update. That's good to know.

goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 10:48 AM   #392
Susiesnowflake
DIS Veteran

Another question... I am the lead on our reservation. I got my DME brochure and luggage tags, but my friend's name is not listed as a guest and no luggage tags were enclosed for her. My TA has confirmed that her name is on the reservation and that DME has all required info. She indicates it is not unusual for them to come separately. If my friend's tags don't arrive in time and she ends up having DME retrieve her luggage at MCO and deliver it to the resort, does this add on extra time for actual delivery? Don't they usually promise luggage will be in your room w/in 3 hrs. I can't remember, because I only used DME for the first time in Nov. Just wondering if it could take 4-5 plus hours, if the bags aren't tagged.
Susiesnowflake is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-17-2008, 11:45 AM   #393
dtr_angel
You're really cute, but I have no idea what you are saying

nevermind!

dtr_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 03:28 PM   #394
mnr422
Earning My Ears

Okay... here is my problem, question, panic mode kicking in.... I booked my Disney vacation package with Expedia on Jan. 3rd. I followed the directions on-line. I got my vouchers, filled out the ME info with everything except the hotel reservation part (because it wasn't posted yet). Now it is one week before departure date...Martin L.King Holiday is Monday (No mail service) and I still haven't recieved the magical little yellow tags. Now I just read through the 3 thousand post on this board about just bringing my "Claims" Ticket to The Disney welcome Center and they will sort it out. My concern is that on the e-mail form I filled out that one passenger (DH) has a wheelchair. Now.... how do i get a hold of a human being to make sure the ME bus can handle a wheelchair??? I called Expedia, they third person called ME said they did not have my reservation (????) but just go to the Welcome Desk and everything will work out. (I guess thats more Disney magic ) I would feel more comforable hearing that from a "Real Human" at ME, but I can't find the number and Expedia would not give it to me! Since we have the whole wheel chair thing going on and a 7 year old, the less things I got to worry about the better.

We are still trying to figure out the whole Airplane security stuff with him, the wheel chair and about 10lbs of metal and screws in his leg... but that is for another discussion......

Any advice
Old 01-17-2008, 09:27 PM   #395
CleveRocks
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnr422 View Post
Any advice
Call DME directly at 866-599-0951.
Old 01-18-2008, 10:22 AM   #396
mnr422
Earning My Ears

Thanks, I just called. They said I am in the system. I guess I am just panicing for no reason. I will put my luggage on the plane in Baltimore on Thursday and hope to see it in my hotel room some time after I arrive. (Hopefully before its time to come home) Should I put some kind of big identification on it saying "Magical Express" and my hotel name on it?

The thing is, I am trying not to pack too much carry on. My DD is packing her carryon but i will be busy pushing my DH in his wheelchair. I don't need the extra hassel of carry on stuff. I just don't want to live in my same clothes the entire trip. I've done that before on a trip to Italy. My Luggage showed up the day we were leaving....
Old 01-18-2008, 03:28 PM   #397
CleveRocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnr422 View Post
Thanks, I just called. They said I am in the system. I guess I am just panicing for no reason. I will put my luggage on the plane in Baltimore on Thursday and hope to see it in my hotel room some time after I arrive. (Hopefully before its time to come home) Should I put some kind of big identification on it saying "Magical Express" and my hotel name on it?

The thing is, I am trying not to pack too much carry on. My DD is packing her carryon but i will be busy pushing my DH in his wheelchair. I don't need the extra hassel of carry on stuff. I just don't want to live in my same clothes the entire trip. I've done that before on a trip to Italy. My Luggage showed up the day we were leaving....
We first used DME the 4th day it was around. Our tags didn't come until the day before we left. A few days before that, I called DME to ask what to do. They explained the baggage claim ticket procedure to me. They also said we could, if we wanted, attach some yarn or ribbon to each bag and then tell the CMs at the DME counter about it. My wife went out and bought this obnoxiously ugly orange ribbon with purple polka dots. We packed a swatch of it inside our travel documents, to give to the DME CMs at the desk. We didn't actually need it, but we'd already put it on all the bags, anyway.

So, you are one of the veterans who know the real value of a well-stocked carry-on. Does your husband have a bag on the back of his chair? If not, consider something like that as your carry-on. If he already has that and it's stuffed, then let me suggest a backpack as a carry-on. You can wear it, leaving your hands free to push your husband's chair.
Old 01-25-2008, 09:00 AM   #398
adreamisawish
"And so the Lion fell in love with the Lamb"

Going today!!!!! Planned a last minute trip and am arriving late tonight via SW. I am going to retrieve my own bags at SW baggage claim and then head to ME (I have a reservation). We got lost last year looking for ME after baggage claim. Exactly what side and what level is the check in desk on? Thanks!

WDW Contemporary Resort 1973, 1974, 1975, 1976, 1977, WDW Polynesian 1978, 1979, 1980, WDW Wilderness Lodge 2003, Disney Wonder Cruise 2003, WDW Pop Century 2004, WDW Off Site 2005, Marriott Anaheim 2005, POR 2006, WL 2007, OKW 2008, CBR 2009
adreamisawish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 11:28 AM   #399
WDWFRV
Nighttime is my time to dream of Disney

Just to clarify something

If we carry our own luggage we still have to register with ME before, am I correct. And coming back, I am confused as what we have to do. Bring our luggage where ME picks us up and just hop on the bus to go to the airport. Am I right?

(Dreams are made of Disney vacation spent with loved ones)
WDWFRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 12:33 PM   #400
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWFRV View Post
Just to clarify something

If we carry our own luggage we still have to register with ME before, am I correct. And coming back, I am confused as what we have to do. Bring our luggage where ME picks us up and just hop on the bus to go to the airport. Am I right?
Yes, you have to reserve DME in advance whether or not you use the luggage delivery part of the service.
As far as your return to MCO....if yo uare flying on a 'participating airline' you will be able to check your bags right at the resort and get your boarding passes issued. But....the counter is only open from 5:00 am to about 1 pm. You have to be checked in, with the airline, no less than 3 hrs before your flight, so if you have a really early flight out (before 8:00) you won't be able to use this service. Or one later in the evening.
If you don't use this service (RAC) you would use DME as instructed to. The day before you are to check out of your resort, you will have a note from DME left in your room (under your door) telling you what time you are expected to show up for transport back to the airport the next day. It is usually about 3-3 1/2 hrs before your flight departure. So...take your bags (all of them) with you to the bus. The bags will go underneath the bus, you will hop on and off you go.
Here's the thing...if they give you a time of, say, 1:00 pm, be there no later than 12:45 pm. That time of 1:00 is when the bus leaves...so you will need to be there early. If you have to go to bell services and get bags out of storage, plan on leaving extra time to get to the bus...it can take up to 20 mins to get those bags out of storage. Not all the time but it can happen!

goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 01:53 PM   #401
WDWFRV

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
Yes, you have to reserve DME in advance whether or not you use the luggage delivery part of the service.
As far as your return to MCO....if yo uare flying on a 'participating airline' you will be able to check your bags right at the resort and get your boarding passes issued. But....the counter is only open from 5:00 am to about 1 pm. You have to be checked in, with the airline, no less than 3 hrs before your flight, so if you have a really early flight out (before 8:00) you won't be able to use this service. Or one later in the evening.
If you don't use this service (RAC) you would use DME as instructed to. The day before you are to check out of your resort, you will have a note from DME left in your room (under your door) telling you what time you are expected to show up for transport back to the airport the next day. It is usually about 3-3 1/2 hrs before your flight departure. So...take your bags (all of them) with you to the bus. The bags will go underneath the bus, you will hop on and off you go.
Here's the thing...if they give you a time of, say, 1:00 pm, be there no later than 12:45 pm. That time of 1:00 is when the bus leaves...so you will need to be there early. If you have to go to bell services and get bags out of storage, plan on leaving extra time to get to the bus...it can take up to 20 mins to get those bags out of storage. Not all the time but it can happen!
Phew! I am fine since Jet Blue departure for that day is 12h50, thanks a bunch

Old 01-28-2008, 01:58 PM   #402
WDWFRV

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
What happens if I do not want to bring my bags with me. Are the bags going to go on a different bus

Old 01-28-2008, 02:17 PM   #403
CleveRocks

Quote:
What happens if I do not want to bring my bags with me. Are the bags going to go on a different bus
When you fly into MCO and you have DME handle your luggage, you never see the luggage until it's inside your room. The luggage is sent to your resort by truck.

When you use Resort Airline Check-in for the flight home, the luggage goes to the airport by truck.

In either direction, the ONLY way your luggage is on your bus (on a bus at all) is if YOU brought it to the bus and asked the driver to load it under the bus for you.
Old 01-29-2008, 05:56 AM   #404
WDWFRV

When you get at the MCO airport, does it matter at what time you arrive to use the ME transportation? Because we arrive at 7h00 at night.

Old 01-29-2008, 06:06 AM   #405
CleveRocks

Quote:
When you get at the MCO airport, does it matter at what time you arrive to use the ME transportation? Because we arrive at 7h00 at night.
DME runs 24 hours a day. As long as you have a reservation, they will be there for you. Even if your flight is hours and hours late, DME is tied into the airport' and airlines' computer systems, so they'll know to wait for you.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: