Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2007, 12:41 PM   #376
safetymom
Have will travel
ABD trips = clothes optional

That is correct information you received. If your agent is no longer with the agency someone else will be able to call Disney with your DME information.
safetymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 06:03 PM   #377
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi5 View Post
So I just got off the phone with DME calling the number which was suggested: 866.599.0951.

The rep on the phone informed me that she couldn't take my reservation as they only take reservations for travelers arriving in within 48hrs.
I explained that the TA I was working with is no longer responding to my messages. Her response was that if that is the case then I have to call withing 48 hrs of my arrival and the would be able to assist me then.

Any thoughts on this?

-----

No I haven't had time to call the TA directly. I'm hoping to call them this week once the holidays are over.
DME usually won't do much for you if you have been using a TA. If you 'own' the reservation, then no problem. You really should call the TA. They need to know that one of their agents is not doing their job. If enough people hear this, through the internet grapevine, then they'll start losing business, and that's not what they want to have happen. Word of mouth is one of the best methods of drumming up business. Give them a call on Wednesday and see what they have to say.
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-01-2008, 11:41 AM   #378
angiejg
DIS Veteran

Sorry if this answer is in here somewhere, but I need some clarification. We just planned a last minute trip with my husband's company. They have made all the reservations for the entire group (12 rooms). How do I get ME tags? Do I contact the person who made the reservations for the company and get the reservation number or something? Do I call the ME number and ask for tags to be sent at this late date? (Leaving on January 19th) And to further complicate things, we are staying at one resort for one night then moving to another. My thought now is that I need to call the ME number, tell them our flight info, and see if they can send us tags or at least get us down as having a reservation? Does this make any sense at all?!

Thank you!
Angie
angiejg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 04:14 PM   #379
Linus Van Pelt
That's how people grow up.

I found out this morning that our nonstop flight for our upcoming May trip has been delayed by 55 minutes (and first time flyer though I am, I do understand that it may be delayed further between now and the day we leave, oh, joy and rapture! ). Will I have to contact DME and let them know of this delay, or any others, and, if so, when should I contact them?

Thanks!
Old 01-01-2008, 05:48 PM   #380
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiejg View Post
Sorry if this answer is in here somewhere, but I need some clarification. We just planned a last minute trip with my husband's company. They have made all the reservations for the entire group (12 rooms). How do I get ME tags? Do I contact the person who made the reservations for the company and get the reservation number or something? Do I call the ME number and ask for tags to be sent at this late date? (Leaving on January 19th) And to further complicate things, we are staying at one resort for one night then moving to another. My thought now is that I need to call the ME number, tell them our flight info, and see if they can send us tags or at least get us down as having a reservation? Does this make any sense at all?!

Thank you!
Angie
My dh is going to WDW for business, as part of a large group in 10 days. The group he is going with made the arrangements, but he got an email from them, telling him he was confirmed and that if he wanted to book DME he should contact them himself, but give the group name since it was done through the 'group' dept. He sent me along all the info and I booked DME for him on the DME website for groups. They say that as long as you book at least 10 days prior to travel, you will get the packet with info and luggage tags.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus Van Pelt View Post
I found out this morning that our nonstop flight for our upcoming May trip has been delayed by 55 minutes (and first time flyer though I am, I do understand that it may be delayed further between now and the day we leave, oh, joy and rapture! ). Will I have to contact DME and let them know of this delay, or any others, and, if so, when should I contact them?

Thanks!
You can but it's not really neccesary. I would wait until just before your trip..then if there are any more changes, you can make just one call. Your arrival time really doesn't matter much to them, as long as you arrive on the original date.
Old 01-03-2008, 01:52 AM   #381
disney fan 2013
Mouseketeer

I'm not sure exactly what to do about this.... This is for a friend of mine, who goes to my college, and she is here from Japan. She is traveling with two other foreign exchange students. Being the Disney lover that I am, I offered to help them out with their Disney vacation. So this is not the vacation in my sig that I'm talking about, but a different one.

I booked the trip a couple of weeks ago for them. They are arriving in Orlando on January 13th. The problem is, they are leaving for their actual vacation tomorrow. They are stopping in various locations around the country, and will be going straight to Disney from Las Vegas. Since I am going on January 8th and got my ME stuff several weeks ago, we thought they would be okay, but their package has still not come in. Any ideas on what they should do as far as ME goes? I did receive their confirmation information in the mail, but will they be able to check-in at MCO without the ME packet? I explained to them they would have to pick up their own bags, etc. and they are fine with that, but I just want to make sure they'll be able to get on the bus.

TIA for any help! I'm stressing so much about this; just want them to have a magical trip!!!
'97 (BC), '99 (BC), '00 (BC), '01 (Disneyland/CA Adventure!), '02 (BWV), '02 (BWV), '03 (POP and BWV), '03 (BWV), '04 (BWV), '04 (BWV), '05 (BWV), August '07 (offsite and BWV), 1/08 (ASMo), 8/08 (Disneyland Paris & Tokyo Disney!), 9/08 (Poly), 3/09 (ASMo), 7/09 (BWV), 10/09 (POFQ), 1/10 (POFQ), 2/11 (BLT), 8/11 (BWV), 9/11 (SD), 9/12 (Portofino, SD, SSR), 2/13 DCL Fantasy, 5/13 BWV, 9/13 BWV

Upcoming Trips:
April 2014 (BWV) & August 2014

AP Holder DVC Member

disney fan 2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 06:15 AM   #382
safetymom
Have will travel
ABD trips = clothes optional

Your Disney’s Magical Express reservation has been made; however, you may not receive your Disney’s Magical
Express booklet with luggage tags prior to departure for Orlando. Please be assured that you will still be able to
utilize the service and receive the same seamless experience.
Once you arrive at Orlando International Airport, you have two options:
1) You can pick up your luggage at baggage claim and proceed directly to the Disney
Welcome Center. You will be responsible for taking your luggage with you on the
motor coach.
2) Or you may proceed directly to the Disney Welcome Center. You do not need to claim
your luggage. Disney will gather all of your information and collect your luggage for
you and then deliver it to your resort room.
IMPORTANT: Please pack any valuables, medications or anything needed immediately upon arrival into Orlando in
a carry-on bag.
Arrival at Orlando International Airport. Upon arrival, please take the tram from your gate to the main Terminal
and proceed to the Disney Welcome Center which is located on the B Side on Level 1 and bypass baggage claim.
If you arrive on the A Side, please proceed to the B Side before taking the elevator or escalator down to Level 1.
You may follow the airport signs to Ground Transportation.
At the Disney Welcome Center, please present your airline baggage claim checks to the Disney representative
to confirm the number of bags* checked as well as your return flight information. You will then board a
complimentary motor coach that will take you to your resort. Your motor coach may make up to 3 stops before
arriving at your resort.
Luggage delivery to the resort. Your luggage will be claimed at the airport and delivered to your room. Your
luggage may take up to 3 hours after you check-in to be delivered. You do not need to be in your room to receive
your luggage. Please note if you take your luggage on the motor coach it will not automatically be delivered to
your room.
Returning home. You will receive a Transportation Notice the day prior to check-out advising you of your motor
coach pick-up time and other general information. Your motor coach pick-up time is based on your
flight departure and will be approximately 3 hours prior to that time to allow for multiple stops by
the motor coaches.
Resort Airline Check-In Service. Upon departure, you may take advantage of Disney’s
complimentary Resort Airline Check-In Service for participating airlines. You can check
your luggage and receive your airline boarding pass at your Disney resort so there is
no need to check-in at the airport.
safetymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 06:17 AM   #383
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney fan 2013 View Post
I'm not sure exactly what to do about this.... This is for a friend of mine, who goes to my college, and she is here from Japan. She is traveling with two other foreign exchange students. Being the Disney lover that I am, I offered to help them out with their Disney vacation. So this is not the vacation in my sig that I'm talking about, but a different one.

I booked the trip a couple of weeks ago for them. They are arriving in Orlando on January 13th. The problem is, they are leaving for their actual vacation tomorrow. They are stopping in various locations around the country, and will be going straight to Disney from Las Vegas. Since I am going on January 8th and got my ME stuff several weeks ago, we thought they would be okay, but their package has still not come in. Any ideas on what they should do as far as ME goes? I did receive their confirmation information in the mail, but will they be able to check-in at MCO without the ME packet? I explained to them they would have to pick up their own bags, etc. and they are fine with that, but I just want to make sure they'll be able to get on the bus.

TIA for any help! I'm stressing so much about this; just want them to have a magical trip!!!
I would call DME just to be on the safe side to be sure they are in the DME system. There could have been a hold up because of their being in Japan or the packet may have just gone astray. As long as they are showing in the DME system they should have no trouble when they get to the DME checkin counter.
Old 01-03-2008, 11:52 AM   #384
aldisneygrl
I'm putting on my shades

Ok, I just called to confirm my flight info with ME. They had my arrival info, but said that my departure flight number was no good. What??? Ok, should I be panicking (I'm sure I shouldn't but I am)? I've checked the airline website, my home airport, and MCO, and they all show this flight number. What happens if it still shows invalid when it is time for me to leave? Do I just have to take my bags with me and check in at the airport? My airline has resort check in, so that would be much more preferred since it is just me and dd (9), and we will probably have two suitcases.

Should I call the airline or just sit tight?

In the words of Mumbling Jumba:
I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
You will always be in our thoughts and our hearts.
aldisneygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 06:09 PM   #385
Kanga1
DIS Veteran

Could DME deliver luggage to a different resort?

Checking in at Pop for 1 night and then checking in very early the next morning at the Poly. Is it possible to get DME tags for the Poly and just have them delivered there and stored in the baggage area overnight? That way we wouldn't even have to fool with them at all until the next day.

Has anyone done this? Can it be done?

See our July 2014 Video

See our July 2010 Video

Kanga1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 06:33 PM   #386
CleveRocks
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanga1 View Post
Checking in at Pop for 1 night and then checking in very early the next morning at the Poly. Is it possible to get DME tags for the Poly and just have them delivered there and stored in the baggage area overnight? That way we wouldn't even have to fool with them at all until the next day.

Has anyone done this? Can it be done?
Can't be done. DME is a function of resort reservations. The bags can only be delivered to the resort where you have a reservation on that day.

However, there is good news. Here's what you CAN do:

When you get to Pop, tell the front desk AND Luggage Assistance that you want your DME bags held at Luggage Assistance and NOT delivered to your room, and explain why. DME will deliver your bags to Pop, Pop will hold them for you, then in the morning Pop will transfer them to Poly for you (as long as you make those arrangements).

So you will not need to touch or see your bags to get them from your home airport to Poly. But it will not be a direct route for the bags themselves.
Old 01-06-2008, 08:09 PM   #387
angiejg
DIS Veteran

So do the DME tags have the names off both your first resort, then your second, or do you get two sets of tags, one for arriving, one for departing?

Angie
Old 01-06-2008, 08:11 PM   #388
Chip 'n Dale Express
Can't stay put!
I met lots of DIS'ers during my purple-panted tenure
I'm just fine with being terrific instead

There are no luggage tags for departing.

(Only airline tags printed when you check your bags through RAC or at the airport)
Old 01-06-2008, 09:36 PM   #389
angiejg
DIS Veteran

Ok, Duh! I lost it for a minute there!

Thanks!
Angie
Old 01-09-2008, 08:42 PM   #390
Jedi5
Star Wars Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
What travel agency are you working with? Just curious. I realize that 'stuff' comes up on occasion, and your TA may have some situations going on.
Hello everyone.
I want to follow up with my previous post. Turns out the TA was on vacation and had little to no internet access. We have since been in very good and constant communication.

Aside those days when the TA was on vacation, everything is back on track.
I am very happy with service I am being provided and the quick response's Anne is providing to my questions.

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions and help.
Jedi5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: