Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-19-2007, 03:18 PM   #361
aldisneygrl
I'm putting on my shades

Quote:
Originally Posted by satrn View Post
So when do these tags usually arrive, as in, how far before the trip?
I got mine about a month before my trip.

In the words of Mumbling Jumba:
I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
You will always be in our thoughts and our hearts.
aldisneygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 06:38 AM   #362
bailey2007
Mouseketeer

In October, I made my reservations 2 weeks before my trip and I received the luggage tags and vouchers about 4 days after I made the ressies.

Judy
Register to remove

Old 12-20-2007, 07:41 AM   #363
Manda
DIS Veteran

I just need a little reassurance here. I called on Sunday and changed my resort for my January vacation and, of course, I got my DME tags on Monday with the other resort listed. I called the DME number and they told me to mark out the name of the resort and write the correct resort on the tag. I want to believe in the power of the barcode, I really do. Someone please assure me that my bags will go to the right resort.
~ Polynesian 9/07 - Free dining again! ~
~ Wilderness Lodge 1/08 - Just because we bought APs... ~
~ All Star Sports 2/08 - An unplanned stay thanks to a snowstorm that kept us in Orlando ~
~ Beach Club 8/08 - DS's surprise 5th birthday trip! ~
~ All Star Music 6/09 - Because I can't pass up a discount... ~
~ Bay Lake Tower 10/09 - Bounceback & MY birthday trip! ~
~ Port Orleans French Quarter 06/10 - Star Wars Weekends ~
~ Beach Club 08/10 - DS's 7th birthday trip ~
~ Pop Century 6/11 - Just 'cause I wanna. ~
~ Port Orleans French Quarter 02/13 - It's been a while... ~
Manda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 10:47 AM   #364
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manda View Post
I just need a little reassurance here. I called on Sunday and changed my resort for my January vacation and, of course, I got my DME tags on Monday with the other resort listed. I called the DME number and they told me to mark out the name of the resort and write the correct resort on the tag. I want to believe in the power of the barcode, I really do. Someone please assure me that my bags will go to the right resort.
Believe in the power of the bar code. When they scan that barcode, the correct resort name will come up. I've done it several times now and it has been fine.
Old 12-23-2007, 07:26 AM   #365
hsmamato2
Tink in Training-Good Girl,Bad temper
Little house on the prairie was the HEIGHT of t.v

I haven't seent his question yet.... we are arriving,staying a day at a hotel,then moving on....at the end of our trip,we're staying a night at POP,and using the RAC desk to return to the airport/check luggage-(plan to)
We received an extra set of yellow tags for our LAST day,when we get to the POP,likely b/c we were staying one night,the systm assumed we'd use the bus to get from the airport to POP,but we will be using the bus in the opposite direction(back to the airport)- should I bother to try and fix this info on the phone? Or ,b/c we're checking out that next a.m.,just be at the RAC desk with luggage?
Again,I would hate to mess up a pretty good record(so far) of our plans staying as we made them,I'd hate to sit on the phone for an hour,and still have the wrong info- will it WORK if I just don't call?
as the time gets closer,I get more detail worried...
hsmamato2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 03:33 PM   #366
Chip 'n Dale Express
Can't stay put!
I met lots of DIS'ers during my purple-panted tenure
I'm just fine with being terrific instead

Just ignore the tags. That's all you have to do!

When you check in at Pop Century, go to the Lobby Conc desk, and they will confirm your bus time and give you a boarding pass. (You only have to do this because you are staying only one night)
Old 12-24-2007, 09:25 AM   #367
MommyBuzz909
Disneyland Doll

More Than 1 Bag/Person

My son & I will be flying in and I know that for DME they give you 1 tag per person - what if I have more than 1 bag per person? Can I request additional tags or will I need to grab the non-DME tagged bags out of baggage claim and bring them on DME with me??

Proud DLR fanatic - countless times since '82
Mommy To Andy (DS ALMOST 6)

MommyBuzz909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 12:09 PM   #368
Chip 'n Dale Express
Can't stay put!
I met lots of DIS'ers during my purple-panted tenure
I'm just fine with being terrific instead

DME sends out two tags per person. You can request additional tags by calling.
Old 12-27-2007, 09:44 PM   #369
Jedi5
Star Wars Geek

Hello everyone.

I'll be going to WDW in a few weeks, Jan 17th to be exact.
The TA I working with is no longer returning my emails or PMs(she is a member on this board).

So while I gave her my flight info, I have no idea if she booked DME for my family.

Would I still have time to book DME? If so, do I contact my hotel (AKL) or call them directly? I believe the number is 407-W-DISNEY.

Thanks to all.
Jedi5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 05:45 AM   #370
CleveRocks
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi5 View Post
Hello everyone.

The TA I working with is no longer returning my emails or PMs(she is a member on this board).

So while I gave her my flight info, I have no idea if she booked DME for my family.

Would I still have time to book DME? If so, do I contact my hotel (AKL) or call them directly? I believe the number is 407-W-DISNEY.

Thanks to all.
Call DME directly at 866-599-0951, explain your predicament, and hope they can help you. It's definitely NOT too late to make a DME reservation if you don't already have one.

Absolutely no use in trying to call AKL ... they have nothing to do with it. 407-W-DISNEY is the main guest number for the Disney Reservations Center ... it's really the only number you need, except for DME. Disney doesn't allow you to call the resorts directly. They all have published local numbers, but when you call that number you get the DRC call center, and they only forward you to the resort for specific reasons as they see fit.

If you have a snail-mail address for your TA, consider sending a certified letter return receipt requested, asking that she forward your DME materials after they arrive at her office. Disney sends ALL travel documents (not just DME documents) to TAs when a TA is used by the guest.

As long as you have a DME reservation, it won't even matter if you don't have your DME tags and vouchers in-hand. We can go into that another time if you need the info.
Old 12-28-2007, 06:09 AM   #371
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Hello everyone.

Thanks to all.
What travel agency are you working with? Just curious. I realize that 'stuff' comes up on occasion, and your TA may have some situations going on. The issue is that until you get to your resort, your TA is the owner of your reservation. In most instances, Disney will only speak to the 'owner' of the reservation. I would definatly call DME directly and see what the situation is. You should have gotten your info packet, with luggage tags, by now. If there is an issue with your TA, perhaps someone else at the company can assist you. With the travel agency business changing so much and agents basically working out of their homes, things in everyday life can happen, taking the agent's focus away from the business at hand.
Old 12-28-2007, 06:12 AM   #372
safetymom
Have will travel
ABD trips = clothes optional

Have you checked your junk mail or spam folders to make sure she hasn't been sending you information and you didn't see it?
safetymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 07:27 PM   #373
Jedi5
Star Wars Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
What travel agency are you working with? Just curious. I realize that 'stuff' comes up on occasion, and your TA may have some situations going on.

I was working with Luvstink(member name) and her agency Magical Travel Planning. Things were really good at first. Very responsive to emails and PMs.
Then a few weeks ago, everything just stopped.

I understand that there will things that come unexpected. Maybe she can't help us out anymore. Maybe she was swamped with other work. Hey, I understand all that. But a little email or PM on her part telling she can't assist anymore or that after the holidays we'll be in touch again isn't asking for to much. Very unprofessional on her part to leave us hanging... especially when she contacted me first.
Old 12-30-2007, 07:15 AM   #374
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
I was working with Luvstink(member name) and her agency Magical Travel Planning. Things were really good at first. Very responsive to emails and PMs.
Then a few weeks ago, everything just stopped.

I understand that there will things that come unexpected. Maybe she can't help us out anymore. Maybe she was swamped with other work. Hey, I understand all that. But a little email or PM on her part telling she can't assist anymore or that after the holidays we'll be in touch again isn't asking for to much. Very unprofessional on her part to leave us hanging... especially when she contacted me first.
I'm sorry this is happening to you. This isn't an agency I'm familier with. I'm hoping you get some response soon. Have you tried calling the agency directly? Perhaps if you call them you may get better responses. Let us know what transpires.
Old 12-30-2007, 11:36 AM   #375
Jedi5
Star Wars Geek

So I just got off the phone with DME calling the number which was suggested: 866.599.0951.

The rep on the phone informed me that she couldn't take my reservation as they only take reservations for travelers arriving in within 48hrs.
I explained that the TA I was working with is no longer responding to my messages. Her response was that if that is the case then I have to call withing 48 hrs of my arrival and the would be able to assist me then.

Any thoughts on this?

-----

No I haven't had time to call the TA directly. I'm hoping to call them this week once the holidays are over.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: