Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2007, 07:31 AM   #211
bicker
DIS Veteran

Rest assured that no self-respecting company IS department would allow its mission critical systems (like the check-in system at a hotel) accept an outsider's flash-stick. There may be other ways to get a print-out of something, but sticking a flash-stick into the front-desk computer is probably not one of them.

I thought I remember people saying that they've gotten Guest Relations to surf over to the airlines' website for them and printed boarding passes THAT way. I've never done it though so I don't know if they will, or how often they will grant such a request.
bicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 07:36 AM   #212
safetymom
Have will travel
ABD trips = clothes optional

Your Disney’s Magical Express reservation has been made; however, you may not receive your Disney’s Magical
Express booklet with luggage tags prior to departure for Orlando. Please be assured that you will still be able to
utilize the service and receive the same seamless experience.
Once you arrive at Orlando International Airport, you have two options:
1) You can pick up your luggage at baggage claim and proceed directly to the Disney
Welcome Center. You will be responsible for taking your luggage with you on the
motor coach.
2) Or you may proceed directly to the Disney Welcome Center. You do not need to claim
your luggage. Disney will gather all of your information and collect your luggage for
you and then deliver it to your resort room.
IMPORTANT: Please pack any valuables, medications or anything needed immediately upon arrival into Orlando in
a carry-on bag.
Arrival at Orlando International Airport. Upon arrival, please take the tram from your gate to the main Terminal
and proceed to the Disney Welcome Center which is located on the B Side on Level 1 and bypass baggage claim.
If you arrive on the A Side, please proceed to the B Side before taking the elevator or escalator down to Level 1.
You may follow the airport signs to Ground Transportation.
At the Disney Welcome Center, please present your airline baggage claim checks to the Disney representative
to confirm the number of bags* checked as well as your return flight information. You will then board a
complimentary motor coach that will take you to your resort. Your motor coach may make up to 3 stops before
arriving at your resort.
Luggage delivery to the resort. Your luggage will be claimed at the airport and delivered to your room. Your
luggage may take up to 3 hours after you check-in to be delivered. You do not need to be in your room to receive
your luggage. Please note if you take your luggage on the motor coach it will not automatically be delivered to
your room.
Returning home. You will receive a Transportation Notice the day prior to check-out advising you of your motor
coach pick-up time and other general information. Your motor coach pick-up time is based on your
flight departure and will be approximately 3 hours prior to that time to allow for multiple stops by
the motor coaches.
Resort Airline Check-In Service. Upon departure, you may take advantage of Disney’s
complimentary Resort Airline Check-In Service for participating airlines. You can check
your luggage and receive your airline boarding pass at your Disney resort so there is
no need to check-in at the airport. At this time, the service is available for guests
flying domestically on these airlines: Alaska Airlines, American, Continental,
Delta, JetBlue, Northwest, and United (including Ted).
*Pet carriers not included. Disney’s Magical Express cannot transport pets
except for service animals.
©DISNEY
safetymom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-13-2007, 07:41 AM   #213
Poohbear67
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bicker View Post
Rest assured that no self-respecting company IS department would allow its mission critical systems (like the check-in system at a hotel) accept an outsider's flash-stick. There may be other ways to get a print-out of something, but sticking a flash-stick into the front-desk computer is probably not one of them.

I thought I remember people saying that they've gotten Guest Relations to surf over to the airlines' website for them and printed boarding passes THAT way. I've never done it though so I don't know if they will, or how often they will grant such a request.
Thank you but I DIDN'T know that they wouldn't do that and yes I have had HOTELs do this for me before when there printers where down. I didn't mean to offend you. I appriecate you giving my your imput.

April "08" AKL
April "08"Pop Century April "08"
MNSSHP Sept. "08"
Pop Century Sept. "08"
All Star Music Dec. "07"
Pop Century Mojito Gang "07"
MNSSHP Sept. 14th "07
AK Sept. "06"
All Star Sports Sept. "06"
Poohbear67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 04:25 AM   #214
jns
Tries hard to get the jelly off Jaffa Cakes without breaking it!!!!

we have booked DME and are staying at AKL
we are flying with Delta from Dublin Ireland with a 3 hour stop over in NY JFK Question when do i tag my bags Dublin or JFK

I know that on the way back I have to check in the bags myself cannot do this at the resorts airline check in
2007 Animal Kingdom , Disney Magic , Saratoga Springs,NYC
2008 DLRP Santa Fa , Beachclub Villas, Wilderness Lodge ,Disney Magic and New York

2009 BayLake Towers, Beachclub Villas and Disney Wonder 2011 Disney Magic, Mediterranean Cruise, Old Key West2012 Los Vegas, Grand Calf and San Fran 2013 Disney fantasy , Wilderness Lodge and Vero Beach

We now know the secert too!! Trip report 2006 Trip Report 2008 WDW / DCL
jns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 05:12 AM   #215
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jns View Post
we are flying with Delta from Dublin Ireland with a 3 hour stop over in NY JFK Question when do i tag my bags Dublin or JFK

I know that on the way back I have to check in the bags myself cannot do this at the resorts airline check in
I would think you would tag them when you leave home. But, since it's an intl flight, I am not 100% sure.
Old 06-14-2007, 05:27 AM   #216
bicker
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poohbear67 View Post
I didn't mean to offend you.
No offense taken!
bicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 06:08 AM   #217
CleveRocks
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster worshipper

Quote:
Put the DME tags on at home. Since they aren't used by your airline or Customs or the American TSA, they will simply be ignored. Just put them on at home ... one less thing to think about while you are busy with your travels.
Old 06-14-2007, 06:15 AM   #218
jns
Tries hard to get the jelly off Jaffa Cakes without breaking it!!!!

sorry one more question , I'm in planning mode today

our flight lands at MCO at 7pm what time should my bags get to the room
2007 Animal Kingdom , Disney Magic , Saratoga Springs,NYC
2008 DLRP Santa Fa , Beachclub Villas, Wilderness Lodge ,Disney Magic and New York

2009 BayLake Towers, Beachclub Villas and Disney Wonder 2011 Disney Magic, Mediterranean Cruise, Old Key West2012 Los Vegas, Grand Calf and San Fran 2013 Disney fantasy , Wilderness Lodge and Vero Beach

We now know the secert too!! Trip report 2006 Trip Report 2008 WDW / DCL
jns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 07:44 AM   #219
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
sorry one more question , I'm in planning mode today

our flight lands at MCO at 7pm what time should my bags get to the room
You should get to your resort by 8:15ish, your bags will arrive within 3 hrs of that...so by 11:00, but quite possibly sooner.
Old 06-15-2007, 09:01 AM   #220
Lewisc

DIS Veteran

I'd expect no self-respecting company IS department would even allow working USB working ports, or working floppy drives, on mission critical systems. Forget about an outsider, they don't want employees adding programs, or transferring data out of, the computer.

Guest services, now called lobby concierge, is pleased to obtain and and print BPs. Some of them must have SW listed as a favorite. Before I can even finish asking the CM already had the correct page on the screen and was asking for my confirmation number.

Non-Disney hotels sometimes charge for that service, or have computer terminals (that accept credit cards for payments) available for guest use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bicker View Post

Lewisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 08:33 PM   #221
lorphe2oo7
Earning My Ears

Bringing luggage on board DME

If I want to have my luggage immediately, can I claim my lugagges and then ride on the DME to our Disney resort?

What if i'm bringing a car seat and strollers? Can I bring those on board the DME?
lorphe2oo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 08:49 PM   #222
CleveRocks
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorphe2oo7 View Post
If I want to have my luggage immediately, can I claim my lugagges and then ride on the DME to our Disney resort?

What if i'm bringing a car seat and strollers? Can I bring those on board the DME?

You are free to choose. You may go to baggage claim and claim your own luggage, and then bring it to the Welcome Center and then the bus ... the driver will load it under the bus and you'll get it back as soon as you arrive at your resort. The driver will also load your car seat and stroller under the bus for you.

Just keep in mind that you will likely delay yourself by getting your own luggage versus letting DME take care of it for you.
Old 07-03-2007, 12:23 AM   #223
triron
Earning My Ears

Question Luggage service w/o riding the DME

I have two questions for this thread. First, is it possible to use the DME to transport your luggage to your resort without anyone from your party riding the DME? I will be arriving around midnight and will be renting a vehicle but would like to proceed directly to the resort without waiting for the luggage and have the DME deliver the luggage later.

Second, is it allowed upon departure from your resort to check-in for your flight at your resort with your luggage and receive your boarding pass without riding the DME to the airport?

Thank you.
Ron
triron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 06:22 AM   #224
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by triron View Post
I have two questions for this thread. First, is it possible to use the DME to transport your luggage to your resort without anyone from your party riding the DME? I will be arriving around midnight and will be renting a vehicle but would like to proceed directly to the resort without waiting for the luggage and have the DME deliver the luggage later.

Second, is it allowed upon departure from your resort to check-in for your flight at your resort with your luggage and receive your boarding pass without riding the DME to the airport?

Thank you.
Ron
Technically, you are not supposed to use DME as a luggage delivery service. It is a 'perk' of riding the bus to your resort. There have been reports of people doing exactly what you want to do...but, be aware, Disney could change their proceedure at any time. Besides, DME won't get your luggage to you until the following morning. They have pretty mcuh stopped luggage delivery when someone arrives past 11:00. Now they deliver the bags the following morning.
I would just head to baggage claim and get the bags...it only adds 20 mins to your time, and you'll have your things with you.

As for using DME at the end of your trip, you won't be using DME at all. Only the bus ride back to MCO is considered DME. You are asking about the RAC system....completely different operation, but it tends to get lumped in with DME. You can use it if you are flying out on one of the 'participating' airlines.
Old 07-04-2007, 11:19 PM   #225
wdwtheplacetobe
A Dream is a Wish your Heart Makes....

Quote:
Originally Posted by safetymom View Post
Your Disney’s Magical Express reservation has been made; however, you may not receive your Disney’s Magical
Express booklet with luggage tags prior to departure for Orlando. Please be assured that you will still be able to
utilize the service and receive the same seamless experience.
Once you arrive at Orlando International Airport, you have two options:
1) You can pick up your luggage at baggage claim and proceed directly to the Disney
Welcome Center. You will be responsible for taking your luggage with you on the
motor coach.
2) Or you may proceed directly to the Disney Welcome Center. You do not need to claim
your luggage. Disney will gather all of your information and collect your luggage for
you and then deliver it to your resort room.
IMPORTANT: Please pack any valuables, medications or anything needed immediately upon arrival into Orlando in
a carry-on bag.
Arrival at Orlando International Airport. Upon arrival, please take the tram from your gate to the main Terminal
and proceed to the Disney Welcome Center which is located on the B Side on Level 1 and bypass baggage claim.
If you arrive on the A Side, please proceed to the B Side before taking the elevator or escalator down to Level 1.

You may follow the airport signs to Ground Transportation.
At the Disney Welcome Center, please present your airline baggage claim checks to the Disney representative
to confirm the number of bags* checked as well as your return flight information. You will then board a
complimentary motor coach that will take you to your resort. Your motor coach may make up to 3 stops before
arriving at your resort.
Luggage delivery to the resort. Your luggage will be claimed at the airport and delivered to your room. Your
luggage may take up to 3 hours after you check-in to be delivered. You do not need to be in your room to receive
your luggage. Please note if you take your luggage on the motor coach it will not automatically be delivered to
your room.
Returning home. You will receive a Transportation Notice the day prior to check-out advising you of your motor
coach pick-up time and other general information. Your motor coach pick-up time is based on your
flight departure and will be approximately 3 hours prior to that time to allow for multiple stops by
the motor coaches.
Resort Airline Check-In Service. Upon departure, you may take advantage of Disney’s
complimentary Resort Airline Check-In Service for participating airlines. You can check
your luggage and receive your airline boarding pass at your Disney resort so there is
no need to check-in at the airport. At this time, the service is available for guests
flying domestically on these airlines: Alaska Airlines, American, Continental,
Delta, JetBlue, Northwest, and United (including Ted).
*Pet carriers not included. Disney’s Magical Express cannot transport pets
except for service animals.
©DISNEY

Hi there!

I thought ME switched to side A....is this still true???

thanks for the info!

Married 10/10/07 at 10:10am in Disney's Wedding Pavilion!

wdwtheplacetobe is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: