Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2007, 03:17 PM   #196
clkelley
I squealed really loud!!
I got one on my camper too

Quote:
Originally Posted by gokenin View Post
I didnt think that an airline these days would allow luggage to be on a plane without the owner of it also being on the same flight? this may have changed I am not sure. I would guess if due some situation where you were seperated from the bags as long as they are on the original flight you told Disney you were going to be on then I guess they would still pick it up but your best bet would be to call Disney and ask them about this
All checked luggage is now x-rayed, so that is not as much of a problem.

The airlines are allowed to put luggage on any flight they wish. YOU cannot volunteer to put luggage on a flight that you are not on.

This happens many times when a passenger misses their connection, but the luggage makes the connection. (Case in point, Atlanta). B2 and A3 are a long distance from each other for a passenger, but is very close distance for the luggage. Sometimes that luggage makes the transfer, but the passenger doesn't.
clkelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 06:27 PM   #197
Sorsha
People, don't be like the chickens

Question about bus times

OK, I read (scanned actually, but did my best) all 14 pages of this handy-dandy thread, and really didn't see my question anywhere so figured I would jump right in.
When returning home using ME, approximately how long before your flight leaves are you told to catch the ME bus? I know you are supposed to check your luggage at the resort with ME no later than 3 hours before your flight, is that about when you catch your bus as well?
Reason I ask is, our flight home leaves at 7:45 AM... that means we check our bags no later than 4:45 AM (ack) will we be getting on the bus right about then too?
*picturing bleary-eyed, crabby, Disney-exhausted family being herded into buses at 4:30 in the morning with no breakfast or coffee yet... NOT pretty! LOL*

"My kids' through the years at Disney parks" video!
Sorsha is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-25-2007, 06:30 PM   #198
Chip 'n Dale Express
Can't stay put!
I met lots of DIS'ers during my purple-panted tenure
I'm just fine with being terrific instead

I hate to be the bearer of bad news... but the RAC Desk does not open until 5:00am. You will not be able to check your bags at your resort... you will need to bring them with you to the airport.

The motorcoach pick up time is arranged to be approximatly 2 hours and 45 minutes prior to your flight.
Old 04-25-2007, 07:20 PM   #199
Sorsha
People, don't be like the chickens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip 'n Dale Express View Post
I hate to be the bearer of bad news... but the RAC Desk does not open until 5:00am. You will not be able to check your bags at your resort... you will need to bring them with you to the airport.

The motorcoach pick up time is arranged to be approximatly 2 hours and 45 minutes prior to your flight.
Well... Poo. And not this guy, either!
OK, so we have to take the bags with us on the bus... like, with-us-on-our-laps with-us? Or just take them out to the bus whereupon the bus driver will stick them in some sort of luggage area for us? If its the latter, I am cool... no big deal to just take them out to the bus with us. Will we then just take them to the Magical Express check-in desk at the airport and they (ME people) take them from there to load them on the plane for you??

"My kids' through the years at Disney parks" video!
Sorsha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 07:24 PM   #200
Chip 'n Dale Express
Can't stay put!

The motorcoaches have luggage bays underneath. The driver will stow them there. When you reach Orlando Int'l Airport, you will take your bags to your airlines check-in desk, and check them as you normally would anywhere else.
Old 05-24-2007, 05:52 AM   #201
septbaby
DIS Veteran

I may go standby on my day of inbound travel to arrive earlier than expected(not sure if I can leave work early until that day). Do I need to call or since I have DME tags on a participating airline should I be just fine? I'm not sure if I can leave work early enough to take this flight, so I booked the next. My family is arriving from another city and taking the earlier flight would put us at MCO at the same time, same DME bus and be able to check in together. ie. start OUR vacation sooner! Thanks for help.
septbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 06:19 AM   #202
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by septbaby View Post
I may go standby on my day of inbound travel to arrive earlier than expected(not sure if I can leave work early until that day). Do I need to call or since I have DME tags on a participating airline should I be just fine? I'm not sure if I can leave work early enough to take this flight, so I booked the next. My family is arriving from another city and taking the earlier flight would put us at MCO at the same time, same DME bus and be able to check in together. ie. start OUR vacation sooner! Thanks for help.

It shouldn't be an issue at all. You are really assigned a particular bus, so you can arrive just about anytime. No need to call DME..they'll be fine. The whole family can just plan to meet at the DME counter..there is a nice lounge (sitting, not drinking) area right there.
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 07:19 AM   #203
CleveRocks
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
It shouldn't be an issue at all. You are really assigned a particular bus, so you can arrive just about anytime. No need to call DME..they'll be fine. The whole family can just plan to meet at the DME counter..there is a nice lounge (sitting, not drinking) area right there.
goofy4tink has a rare typo in her post ....

You are NOT assigned a particular bus on the trip from airport to resort. And as long as you have a DME reservation and are arriving on the same DAY as your reservation, you'll have no problems. No need to call DME.

Also, on the arrival leg of your trip, whether or not your airline is a "participating airline" makes no difference whatsoever.

As long as you check-in at the DME Welcome Center at the same time, you will all be on the same DME bus (provided of course you're all staying at the same resort).
Old 05-28-2007, 04:27 PM   #204
huey578
Test Track Dummy

""I want to use the DME Luggage Service. What do I do?
The first thing you'll want to do is attach your luggage tags PRIOR to checking in at your home airport. If the tags are not on your bags before they get checked by the airline, they will not be taken care of. Once the bags have been tagged, you can bypass baggage claim completely. They will show up in your room automatically.""

Tyler, are you saying folks can use the luggage transfer service and not ride on the DME bus?

WDW Commando Member #201
huey578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 05:06 PM   #205
Chip 'n Dale Express
Can't stay put!

Quote:
Originally Posted by huey578 View Post
Tyler, are you saying folks can use the luggage transfer service and not ride on the DME bus?
NO. If you use the luggage service, you MUST ride the DME bus TO Walt Disney World. Otherwise your luggage may not make it to your resort.

Use of the Resort Airline Check-In Desk is independant of the DME bus. For that ONLY, you can check your bags and not use the bus.
Old 06-12-2007, 06:03 AM   #206
Mharring33
Mouseketeer

When can I expect to receive my tags?

I booked Magical Express online about 3 weeks ago. I leave in 12 days, when can I expect to receive my tags in the mail? Should I call Magical Express to follow up?

1st Disney Trip Ever-July 1991(I was 25)
July 1992-Honeymoon at Dixie Landings
February 1999- First trip with DD at Dixie Landings
February 2000 -Dixie Landings
July 2004 Carribean Beach Resort

April 2006 Carribean Beach and Disney Magic

June 2007 CSR for 5 days-Fairfield Inn & Suites for 4 nights.
Possibly August 2010 Carribean Beach Resort
Mharring33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 09:29 AM   #207
Lewisc

DIS Veteran

Now that all checked luggage is screened there is no TSA requirement that luggage go on the same flight as the passenger.

Airlines are under no obligation to pull the luggage if a passenger doesn't board the flight. Sothwest allows passengers to standby for an earlier flight, there might be a charge, but makes a point of telling passengers their luggage will make the flight even if they don't clear.

Some airlines have rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clkelley View Post
All checked luggage is now x-rayed, so that is not as much of a problem.

The airlines are allowed to put luggage on any flight they wish. YOU cannot volunteer to put luggage on a flight that you are not on.

This happens many times when a passenger misses their connection, but the luggage makes the connection. (Case in point, Atlanta). B2 and A3 are a long distance from each other for a passenger, but is very close distance for the luggage. Sometimes that luggage makes the transfer, but the passenger doesn't.
Lewisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 10:50 AM   #208
Poohbear67
DIS Veteran

We are flying on Airtran in Sept. to Disney and back home but I have read somewhere on the threads that on the return trip people are having trouble with transporting the luggage to the airport and having to take it themselves is this true and how can we avoid this, since we are on the package deal? Thanks for any help you can give us.

April "08" AKL
April "08"Pop Century April "08"
MNSSHP Sept. "08"
Pop Century Sept. "08"
All Star Music Dec. "07"
Pop Century Mojito Gang "07"
MNSSHP Sept. 14th "07
AK Sept. "06"
All Star Sports Sept. "06"
Poohbear67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 11:21 PM   #209
Chip 'n Dale Express
Can't stay put!

There really is no way to "avoid" it... aside from just skipping Resort Airline Check-In and proceeding to the Airport with luggage as normal.

Either the system is working that day, or it's not. No way to tell ahead of time.
Old 06-13-2007, 07:00 AM   #210
Poohbear67
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip 'n Dale Express View Post
There really is no way to "avoid" it... aside from just skipping Resort Airline Check-In and proceeding to the Airport with luggage as normal.

Either the system is working that day, or it's not. No way to tell ahead of time.
Thank you for answering me back. I was wondering if we took our own laptop could we do all the necessary things and then have the front desk print out our boarding passes (we have a flash stick)if a problem would occur?

April "08" AKL
April "08"Pop Century April "08"
MNSSHP Sept. "08"
Pop Century Sept. "08"
All Star Music Dec. "07"
Pop Century Mojito Gang "07"
MNSSHP Sept. 14th "07
AK Sept. "06"
All Star Sports Sept. "06"
Poohbear67 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: