Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-24-2014, 03:56 PM   #1891
stitchfan18
DIS Veteran

Double post!

stitchfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 04:00 PM   #1892
stitchfan18
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
It shouldn't be an issue. Are you all in the same room? If so, all the bags will go there. But if you're in different rooms, they will get theirs, but your's won't be brought to your room until after you've checked in.
We're in separate rooms, so if they hold them to deliver after we check in, that would be great!

stitchfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-30-2014, 09:47 AM   #1893
disneyfireman
Earning My Ears

Dont know if this was asked but probably was, my DME luggage tags has my name, DVC-hold and our resort. Can someone tell me what the dvc hold means or anyone who has had this?

Thanks.
disneyfireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 11:17 AM   #1894
Kristie911
Mouseketeer

At 25 days shouldn't we have gotten our DME tags already??

I e-mailed my TA, thinking maybe they go to her first which is causing the delay and received a snippy e-mail back like I was a moron for even asking and she has no idea what I'm talking about.

Do I just need to be patient?
DD Lexi 3

Planning our first family Disney vacation!!

Kristie911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 11:55 AM   #1895
disneyfireman
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristie911 View Post

I e-mailed my TA, thinking maybe they go to her first which is causing the delay and received a snippy e-mail back like I was a moron for even asking and she has no idea what I'm talking about.

I would call DME at 866-599-0951. You should have them by now. My trip starts Sept 29 and I got mine about 32-33 days out. Just have your reservation #.
disneyfireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 11:58 AM   #1896
Alesia
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristie911 View Post

They will send the tags to your TA.

Alesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 02:30 PM   #1897
Kristie911
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alesia View Post
They will send the tags to your TA.
That's what I thought. And I used a Disney specialized TA so I know that she knows that...yet she made me feel dumb for asking. I'm so fed up with her, this isn't the first time she's gotten snippy about something. I will never use a TA again. Ugh.

I just want my DME tags.
DD Lexi 3

Planning our first family Disney vacation!!

Kristie911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 08:23 PM   #1898
mexican-mouseketeers
DIS Veteran

International flight and luggage tags

We are flying in from Mexico.

When DME services began, they would ship the yellow tags to me, but in the last few years, I haven´t gotten them.

International travelers arriving in MCO go first through immigration, and then to baggage claime and customs. After that, people must put their luggage in the band that will take it from the remote terminal to terminal A or B, where they have to be picked up again.

My concrete question is: Can we skip the terminal baggage claim and show up at the DME counters and give them a description of our luggage and the luggage slips, to have them pick up the bags and transport them to the hotel?
I am planning on tying a wide ribbon with stripes and giving them a simple of it to make it easier to match our bagas.

I know that it used to be like this when tags did not arrive on time.

TIA

DH Me Dd 11 Dd 5 Dd 3

mexican-mouseketeers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 08:40 PM   #1899
julieb5
Mouseketeer

Hi! We leave in 9 days for our trip and I can't wait except for the fact that I realized I had not added ME yet. I called today and added it but we very well may not get our tags in time with Labor Day. Does anyone know if you can pay for expedited shipping of the tags?

Second question...my parents are coming with us and my Dad just found out he may have to come a day later. If we all check in on the 9th for our two rooms and he doesn't fly down until the 10th can he still take magical express from the airport without any problems? Does he need some type of proof that he is a disney guest?
Thanks in advance for your help!
julieb5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 12:25 PM   #1900
Quokka
Earning My Ears

No Magical Express Tickets

Hello,

We received our luggage tags for the magical express. Along with our book that gives resort details, dining plan, coupons etc. But we have not received the the magical express booklet with our all names. The tickets they scan.

We leave in one week. Should I be concerned? Do we need this? Or will we just have to go to a counter at the airport?

Thanks!
Quokka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 01:20 PM   #1901
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quokka View Post
Hello,

We received our luggage tags for the magical express. Along with our book that gives resort details, dining plan, coupons etc. But we have not received the the magical express booklet with our all names. The tickets they scan.

We leave in one week. Should I be concerned? Do we need this? Or will we just have to go to a counter at the airport?

Thanks!
Take a close look inside your book you have. If you have the DME luggage tags, the DME vouchers are likely inside your resort booklet, rather than in a separate DME booklet. Check the back cover of the resort booklet too as a DME barcode may be on the back.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 10:04 PM   #1902
Lees75
Mouseketeer

As international guests, I realise we don't get the tags at all. We will be flying in from Las Vegas, but when I booked my WDW stay, I didn't know what time we would be arriving. Is there anywhere on the MDE to advise of our flight details? On our Pop Century reservation, it says Magical Express, but given that we also don't have magic bands, how do they know we are coming on the bus?
Old 09-03-2014, 08:07 AM   #1903
Quokka
Earning My Ears

You're right, thanks! It's always been separate before. Didn't even notice, thanks a bunch!
Quokka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 09:34 PM   #1904
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lees75 View Post
As international guests, I realise we don't get the tags at all. We will be flying in from Las Vegas, but when I booked my WDW stay, I didn't know what time we would be arriving. Is there anywhere on the MDE to advise of our flight details? On our Pop Century reservation, it says Magical Express, but given that we also don't have magic bands, how do they know we are coming on the bus?
DME doesn't really need to know when you're arriving because you're not assigned to a specific bus to go to a resort. (They do however need to know when your flight out is scheduled for, however, since then you are assigned a specific departure time.) Pop Century doesn't need to know how you're arriving.
siskaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 05:29 PM   #1905
myminnieme
Earning My Ears

Can somebody offer input on how long it takes luggage services to deliver your bags to your room if you land, and go straight to the bus (leaving disney to collect your bags)? 1 hour? 2? 3? We land around 630pm and I don't want to be waiting til midnight for my luggage. Thanks!
myminnieme is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: