Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  


Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-03-2014, 11:54 AM   #1846
PrncessA
DIS Veteran
 
PrncessA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: TN Girl livin' in the Chicago Burbs
Posts: 1,103

This is our first time using DME and I had a couple of question I hope someone can answer.

First:

Our flight is scheduled to land at 9:40pm, cutting it close to the cut off of luggage pick up by DME. Obviously if we are running late it will be past 10pm. Is it iffy that they will not pick up the luggage at 9:40pm since it is so close? Should we just pick up our luggage ourselves?

Second:
If they do pick up our luggage, can we request that it not be delivered until the next morning?

Third:
I know that our DME ride back to MCO will be 3 hours before our flight, putting us at 7:30am. We are flying Southwest. Can we hand our bags over at the luggage counter for transport to the airport that morning or do we need to check our own bags at the airport? Last time we went we handed our luggage over hours before we left for the airport, this time we are leaving very early so I don't know how that works.

I hope that all made sense. Thank you so much in advance!
PrncessA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 12:55 PM   #1847
pbruce706
Mouseketeer
 
pbruce706's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: ON
Posts: 88

I would recommend in your circumstance to not bother putting the luggage tags on the luggage and pick up the bags yourself when you arrive. That way you don't need to worry if you arrive late, or if you arrive early and someone doesn't get the message not to pick up your bags late.

My understanding is that if you do arrive late (after the 10PM cut off), you have to pick up your bags, otherwise they will sit unclaimed at the airport over night.

It will take a little more time to claim your luggage before hand than otherwise, but since you're arriving late and not rushing to get to a park (I'm presuming), it shouldn't affect you too much.

Just my 0.02
__________________

___________________
1975 Offsite | 1979 LBV Villas | 1993 Hilton LBV | 1997 DL Offsite | 1999 GF | Feb 2005 ASMo | Nov 2007 CSR | Feb 2013 POFQ | Aug 2014 BC (*crosses fingers*)
pbruce706 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-03-2014, 03:36 PM   #1848
kanga5roos
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 15

non-participating airline ?

I tried to read most of this thread but I didn't find my answer, sorry to repeat this if it's been answered before. We are flying on an airline that I don't believe is "participating".

So that means handling the bags is basically up to us, right?

We check them with our airline like normal. Then we must get our own bags at baggage claim upon landing at MCO and take them to the DME desk (or bus?) ourselves?

Are the tags then mostly for Disney use from the time we get them to the bus at the airport forward - just to get the bags to our hotel rooms based on the reservation #s on those tags?

And upon check out, we must take our own bags to the DME/bus stop at the hotel and then when we get to the airport, we get them off the bus ourselves and check them in ourselves MCO?

Is there an updated list of "participating airlines" anywhere? just curious...

Thanks for clearing up the whole participating/non-participating airline thing for me.
kanga5roos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 04:42 PM   #1849
siskaren
DIS Veteran
 
siskaren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Aurora, IL
Posts: 8,418

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanga5roos View Post
I tried to read most of this thread but I didn't find my answer, sorry to repeat this if it's been answered before. We are flying on an airline that I don't believe is "participating".

So that means handling the bags is basically up to us, right?

We check them with our airline like normal. Then we must get our own bags at baggage claim upon landing at MCO and take them to the DME desk (or bus?) ourselves?

Are the tags then mostly for Disney use from the time we get them to the bus at the airport forward - just to get the bags to our hotel rooms based on the reservation #s on those tags?
Participating airline only applies to departing, not arriving. Anyone arriving at MCO is entitled to have DME deliver their luggage to their hotel room. If you want DME to deliver your luggage to your room, you need to put the yellow tags on before you check them at your home airport, because those tags are how the employees at MCO know not to put them on the carousel.

Quote:
And upon check out, we must take our own bags to the DME/bus stop at the hotel and then when we get to the airport, we get them off the bus ourselves and check them in ourselves MCO?

Is there an updated list of "participating airlines" anywhere? just curious...

Thanks for clearing up the whole participating/non-participating airline thing for me.
This is where participating airline comes into play, so yes, if your airline isn't participating, you'll have to take your bags onto the DME bus yourself (well, actually, it gets loaded underneath the bus) and check it in at the airport.

And yes, there is a list of participating airlines in another sticky on this forum titled, "Disney's Magical Express/RAC - What "Participating Airline" Really Means!"
siskaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 08:01 AM   #1850
PrncessA
DIS Veteran
 
PrncessA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: TN Girl livin' in the Chicago Burbs
Posts: 1,103

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbruce706 View Post
I would recommend in your circumstance to not bother putting the luggage tags on the luggage and pick up the bags yourself when you arrive. That way you don't need to worry if you arrive late, or if you arrive early and someone doesn't get the message not to pick up your bags late.

My understanding is that if you do arrive late (after the 10PM cut off), you have to pick up your bags, otherwise they will sit unclaimed at the airport over night.

It will take a little more time to claim your luggage before hand than otherwise, but since you're arriving late and not rushing to get to a park (I'm presuming), it shouldn't affect you too much.

Just my 0.02
Do you suggest this even if our flight arrives on time at 9:40pm? Is it cutting it too close to 10pm?
PrncessA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 12:13 PM   #1851
jcarwash
DIS Veteran
 
jcarwash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,539

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrncessA View Post
Do you suggest this even if our flight arrives on time at 9:40pm? Is it cutting it too close to 10pm?
My opinion is when I'm coming in late and going to my resort for the night, I'd rather retrieve my own bags and have everything with me for that night, and for the next morning - pajamas, toiletries, clothes for the next day, etc.

When I'm traveling during the morning (or day) the DME baggage service works better for me, because the carry on can be just immediate essentials, and you'll have the rest of your stuff in time for that night.

So to me it's more about what's more convenient vs. meeting the delivery service cutoff time.
__________________

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 06:11 AM   #1852
EmyRose
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Indiana
Posts: 37

Arriving late on SWA; luggage carts to get from baggage claim to DME?

We are arriving at MCO after 10 pm on SWA, so we will have to take our luggage to DNE ourselves. Are there luggage carts available for that purpose? If so, we may take more than one bag per person since we will be staying more than a week.

We are staying at Saratoga Springs. Am I correct to assume bell services will be available if needed?
EmyRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 11:45 AM   #1853
jcarwash
DIS Veteran
 
jcarwash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,539

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmyRose View Post
We are arriving at MCO after 10 pm on SWA, so we will have to take our luggage to DNE ourselves. Are there luggage carts available for that purpose? If so, we may take more than one bag per person since we will be staying more than a week.
Yes, MCO has for-fee luggage carts available similar to most US airports.
__________________

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 11:05 AM   #1854
ghertz
Earning My Ears
 
ghertz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 24

I got my magical express packet last week and there wasn't a souvenir luggage tag in the envelope. Did Disney stop doing this?
ghertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 11:11 AM   #1855
KaLyn
DIS Veteran
 
KaLyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: About 30 minutes north of Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Posts: 1,546

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghertz View Post
I got my magical express packet last week and there wasn't a souvenir luggage tag in the envelope. Did Disney stop doing this?
The souvenir tags should come in your other packet. They aren't part of ME.
__________________


Me28 DH30 DD6.5 DD3.5
Past Trips:
April 27-28, 2009: All Star Music Resort - Country Western Area
This was our quick-take-a-Disney-vacation-to-get-a-feel-of-what-it's-like-before-we-have-kids-to-drag-along trip.
Planning in Progress:
May 4-10, 2014: Coronado Springs Resort
This is our the-kids-are-only-little-for-so-long-so-lets-make-this-as-magical-and-as-awesome-as-possible trip.
KaLyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 04:18 PM   #1856
Alesia
DIS Veteran
 
Alesia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Orange Barrel Capitol of the World
Posts: 10,120

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaLyn View Post
The souvenir tags should come in your other packet. They aren't part of ME.
Assuming that you booked a package. If you don't have a package, you don't get the souviner tags at all.
__________________

Alesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 12:25 PM   #1857
MindyDis
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 13

DME -no flight info?

We received our tags, but flight info is blank. I called & gave it to them, so idk what happened. I know they need our info for return flight, but I can do that at check-in. Do they need my arrival flight time/airline? Or can we just show up since they do know the date? Don't want to sit on hold w Disney for 20 minutes if I don't have to!! Thanks!!
MindyDis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 12:35 PM   #1858
ah10is
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: OP, Maine
Posts: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindyDis View Post
We received our tags, but flight info is blank. I called & gave it to them, so idk what happened. I know they need our info for return flight, but I can do that at check-in. Do they need my arrival flight time/airline? Or can we just show up since they do know the date? Don't want to sit on hold w Disney for 20 minutes if I don't have to!! Thanks!!

I received my tags & booklet today too. My flight info was blank as well...even though I know I gave it to them when I booked ME. I called....got a person directly and she added them again. No new book will be sent....but they are in the computer.
__________________


1985 Contemporary Resort
2007 Caribbean Resort
2012 Caribbean Resort
2013 Port Orleans Riverside Resort
2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge
ah10is is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 08:01 PM   #1859
DisneyLover0610
Mouseketeer
 
DisneyLover0610's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 195

When we originally booked our trip there were just two adults. At 43 days out, we added a third adult. We only received DME tags for the original two. I've called twice, and was told both times that a new packet was sent. We're 23 days out and still no tags. Is there an alternate line for me to call? I've used the normal disney reservation line.
Thanks so much!!
__________________
'83, '85, '92, '99, '03, '05, '06, '08 - Engagement Extravaganza, '10 - Honeymoon with Family & Friends, '11 - "Real" Honeymoon/Anniversary, '12 - Flower & Garden with Mom, '12 - Just Because, '13 - Surprise Day Trip for Husband's Bday, '13 - Our First CL Experience! Beach Club, '14 - Flower & Garden with Mom AND Dad!
October 2014 - We Can't Stay Away
DisneyLover0610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 08:03 PM   #1860
Alesia
DIS Veteran
 
Alesia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Orange Barrel Capitol of the World
Posts: 10,120

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyLover0610 View Post
When we originally booked our trip there were just two adults. At 43 days out, we added a third adult. We only received DME tags for the original two. I've called twice, and was told both times that a new packet was sent. We're 23 days out and still no tags. Is there an alternate line for me to call? I've used the normal disney reservation line.
Thanks so much!!
Call DME directly at 866-599-0951
__________________

Alesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:15 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.



You Rated this Thread: