Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2014, 11:05 AM   #1816
KaLyn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueGiraffe View Post
Last time we used DME was in 2008 and we had luggage tags (we're in the UK). Now that it's changed and you have to give a description of your bag, we're now wondering if it would be better to collect our bags ourselves. How effeftive is the new tagless system?
This is the first I've heard of not using tags. Is this new for UK visitors now?

Me28 DH30 DD6.5 DD3.5
Past Trips:
April 27-28, 2009: All Star Music Resort - Country Western Area
This was our quick-take-a-Disney-vacation-to-get-a-feel-of-what-it's-like-before-we-have-kids-to-drag-along trip.
Planning in Progress:
May 4-10, 2014: Coronado Springs Resort
This is our the-kids-are-only-little-for-so-long-so-lets-make-this-as-magical-and-as-awesome-as-possible trip.
KaLyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 11:26 AM   #1817
BlueGiraffe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaLyn View Post
This is the first I've heard of not using tags. Is this new for UK visitors now?
Apparently so. When I booked it online it said it wouldn't send a pack out to non-US addresses. They used to, because we got sent tags both times we used it.

Other people have said on here too. Always had great service previously, but now they are relying on descriptions (obviously combined with the name on the luggage), I'm wondering if there's a chance of ending up with the wrong case.
Register to remove

Old 01-16-2014, 03:04 PM   #1818
Alesia
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayladan04 View Post
Can he be added to Magical Express with us since he isn't in our room?
No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayladan04 View Post
Will they make a bid deal out of since he is "arriving" a day before his reservation starts?
They won't let him ride the bus before his reservation

Alesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 03:06 PM   #1819
Alesia
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueGiraffe View Post
Last time we used DME was in 2008 and we had luggage tags (we're in the UK). Now that it's changed and you have to give a description of your bag, we're now wondering if it would be better to collect our bags ourselves.

How effeftive is the new tagless system?
You will also give them your luggage clain tickets. It's done all the time and I've never heard of anyone not getting their bags.

Quote:
It's been that way for several years.

Old 01-16-2014, 05:20 PM   #1820
CDoobee
I'll never grow up!!
DD and I named our hamsters Rover and Bowser

My husband works for an airline, so he and my daughter are flying stand-by in March. We didn't make DME reservations for them, since we don't know when they will arrive. In the past, we've just retrieved our luggage, then went to DME, explained the situation and got on the bus. But now, I'm reading that maybe they can just give their baggage claim tickets to DME, and not have to get their bags themselves? Even without having prior DME reservations?

CDoobee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 05:31 PM   #1821
Alesia
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDoobee View Post
My husband works for an airline, so he and my daughter are flying stand-by in March. We didn't make DME reservations for them, since we don't know when they will arrive. In the past, we've just retrieved our luggage, then went to DME, explained the situation and got on the bus. But now, I'm reading that maybe they can just give their baggage claim tickets to DME, and not have to get their bags themselves? Even without having prior DME reservations?
Your husband and your daughter have been very, very lucky. DME policy is that they can not transport anyone who does not have a DME reservation. They are supposed to be directed to the Mears shuttle desk.

Old 01-25-2014, 10:19 PM   #1822
TerryGriffin
Mouseketeer

Would they ever let me take my checked bags with so I don't have to wait for them?
TerryGriffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 11:06 PM   #1823
KaLyn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryGriffin View Post
Would they ever let me take my checked bags with so I don't have to wait for them?
Sure, just don't put the yellow tags on them!

Me28 DH30 DD6.5 DD3.5
Past Trips:
This was our quick-take-a-Disney-vacation-to-get-a-feel-of-what-it's-like-before-we-have-kids-to-drag-along trip.
Planning in Progress:
This is our the-kids-are-only-little-for-so-long-so-lets-make-this-as-magical-and-as-awesome-as-possible trip.
Old 01-27-2014, 11:39 AM   #1824
john398
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by skittlesfirehawk View Post
Im traveling to disney by myself.It will be my first time alone.To avoid worrying about liftng my suitcase and getting it off and on the plane ive decided to try the luggage service.Im super nervous i have heard horror stories about people not getting their luggage.As i understand it i slap the luggage tags on my bag and check it.I will see it in my room.I know to pack a carryon with shorts and stuff. Does anyone have any postive stories to help ease my fears?my trip is for march when should i get my me package?
I am also going in March, I hope to get my ME tags about 3 weeks before the trip
john398 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 05:08 PM   #1825
KayW
Mouseketeer

Perhaps this has already been answered, but do I need to link my Magical Express reservation to MDE? I couldn't figure out where to do it if I am supposed to. We have always just had them scan the booklet that comes in the packet.

Thanks!
All Star Music 2006 1st visits for my husband and DD ,POP Century 2/2008, POP Century 2/2009 CELBRATING FAMILY!, POFQ 2/2010, Disney Cruise on the Dream 2/2011 and again 2/2012!,Bay Lake Tower 2/2013,Celebrating my 40th at BCV 4/2013, Villas at the Grand Floridian 2/2014
KayW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 06:04 PM   #1826
petbren
DIS Veteran

Four of us are travelling down together and have a rental car, so no ME to AKV.
DH is leaving earlier, and wants to take ME for the return flight, the rest of us will not.

How do I arrange this?
AKV-KIDANI 2014 Fantasy E.Carib.20132011 HHI 2011 BWV 2009 BCV/OKW for F&W Festival, 2008 AKV,2007 1st trip home BWV 2006 Pop Century 2004 Polynesian 1991 Caribbean Beach Resort 1982 Off Site 1977 Off Site
petbren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 06:11 PM   #1827
Alesia
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by petbren View Post
Four of us are travelling down together and have a rental car, so no ME to AKV.
DH is leaving earlier, and wants to take ME for the return flight, the rest of us will not.

How do I arrange this?
Just call DME and make a reservation for him.

Old 02-02-2014, 06:29 PM   #1828
KaLyn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayW View Post
Perhaps this has already been answered, but do I need to link my Magical Express reservation to MDE? I couldn't figure out where to do it if I am supposed to. We have always just had them scan the booklet that comes in the packet. Thanks!
It's not able to do done on MDE, which I think is silly. I was able to do it online at mydisneyreservation.com but some people say that doesn't work for them and they have to call in

Me28 DH30 DD6.5 DD3.5
Past Trips:
Planning in Progress:
Old 02-02-2014, 06:59 PM   #1829
KayW
Mouseketeer

Quote:
It's not able to do done on MDE, which I think is silly. I was able to do it online at mydisneyreservation.com but some people say that doesn't work for them and they have to call in
Thanks! I'll just hand over my booklet when I get there.
All Star Music 2006 1st visits for my husband and DD ,POP Century 2/2008, POP Century 2/2009 CELBRATING FAMILY!, POFQ 2/2010, Disney Cruise on the Dream 2/2011 and again 2/2012!,Bay Lake Tower 2/2013,Celebrating my 40th at BCV 4/2013, Villas at the Grand Floridian 2/2014
KayW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 05:07 PM   #1830
grwrn
Earning My Ears

Question

I have scanned through several pages and didn't find the answer to my question.

I received my yellow luggage tags and booklet/voucher last week being 60+ days out. I didn't receive my souvenir ID luggage tags in the packet.

I am booked through a conference and I made my ressies through MyDisneyMeetings.com. Could this be the reason why??

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: