Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2013, 09:54 PM   #1771
nan214
Mouseketeer

Gave Disney the wrong flight number!! Leaving in a day!

We just realized I gave Disney the wrong flight number for DME.... the date and airline are correct on the voucher. Its just the flight number that is wrong. We are leaving Wednesday at 6:45am. Will they still be able to claim our luggage??? We do have the yellow tags.
Thanks!!
1986 off site, 1987 offsite, 1988 offsite, 1989 CBR, 1990 CBR, 1991 CBR , 1992 CBR, 1993 CBR , 1994 WL, 1997 AS, 1998 BW, 05/00 AS (got engaged @ GF), 2001 -GF & POR honeymoon, AS/POR 2003, off site -2004, WL 2009, POP & AKL 2010, BWI 2012, POP 2013, BWV 5/21-30/2015

me DH DS 7 DD 9

nan214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 07:00 AM   #1772
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nan214 View Post
We just realized I gave Disney the wrong flight number for DME.... the date and airline are correct on the voucher. Its just the flight number that is wrong. We are leaving Wednesday at 6:45am. Will they still be able to claim our luggage??? We do have the yellow tags.
Thanks!!
The inbound flight information isn't as important (or not important at all). Bags with yellow tags will be routed to your resort.

You do want to make sure they have your correct outbound flight number as that determines your resort pickup time.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-09-2013, 08:00 PM   #1773
isbella
Earning My Ears

sorry if this was already asked... so much to go through! But it wasn't on the sticky front page. I received my booklet with room info and fancy tags but it did not have any ME tags/info. Could it come in a separate mailing? We are 29 days out and I was just wondering if this is fine and normal or if I should be calling to double check.
Old 10-15-2013, 02:23 PM   #1774
acurry417
Mommy to a beautiful princess

I can't seem to find the answer anywhere. If you have a flight with a layover with 2 different flight numbers, which one do you use for Magical Express? The first flight or the flight where you actually arrive at MCO?
Old 10-15-2013, 02:37 PM   #1775
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by acurry417 View Post
I can't seem to find the answer anywhere. If you have a flight with a layover with 2 different flight numbers, which one do you use for Magical Express? The first flight or the flight where you actually arrive at MCO?
You use the airline and flight number arriving at MCO.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 01:39 AM   #1776
disneylogo
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the pointers!
disneylogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 07:02 AM   #1777
MaxsDad
DIS Veteran

I haven't taken mde in years so I need some help with something.

we are taking the train and my daughter is flying in to meet us but after numerous reminders she still left her mde voucher at school. Does she need it?

Posted from Disboards.com App for Android
MaxsDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 07:09 AM   #1778
KaLyn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by isbella View Post
sorry if this was already asked... so much to go through! But it wasn't on the sticky front page. I received my booklet with room info and fancy tags but it did not have any ME tags/info. Could it come in a separate mailing? We are 29 days out and I was just wondering if this is fine and normal or if I should be calling to double check.
Yes, I do believe the ME info is still sent separately.

Me28 DH30 DD6.5 DD3.5
Past Trips:
April 27-28, 2009: All Star Music Resort - Country Western Area
This was our quick-take-a-Disney-vacation-to-get-a-feel-of-what-it's-like-before-we-have-kids-to-drag-along trip.
Planning in Progress:
May 4-10, 2014: Coronado Springs Resort
This is our the-kids-are-only-little-for-so-long-so-lets-make-this-as-magical-and-as-awesome-as-possible trip.
KaLyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 07:10 AM   #1779
Alesia
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxsDad View Post

we are taking the train and my daughter is flying in to meet us but after numerous reminders she still left her mde voucher at school. Does she need it?

No. They'll print her a new one at the desk.

Alesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 07:20 AM   #1780
MaxsDad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alesia
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaxsDad

No. They'll print her a new one at the desk.
That was what I thought/hoped.

Thanks for the quick response

MaxsDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 08:37 PM   #1781
KaLyn
DIS Veteran

I got my DME tags in the mail today a whopping 186 days prior to arrival. The envelope they came in said that "transportation vouchers, luggage tags and helpful airport arrival instructions" were all enclosed. I got the tags, I have the helpful tips, but what is this "travel voucher"? Do I need to call them? I didn't think I needed a voucher, I thought I just walked up to the DME welcome center and they had my reservation on file for arriving that day. But it is my first time so what do I know?

Sent from my iPad using the DISBoards app.

Me28 DH30 DD6.5 DD3.5
Past Trips:
This was our quick-take-a-Disney-vacation-to-get-a-feel-of-what-it's-like-before-we-have-kids-to-drag-along trip.
Planning in Progress:
This is our the-kids-are-only-little-for-so-long-so-lets-make-this-as-magical-and-as-awesome-as-possible trip.

Last edited by KaLyn; 10-30-2013 at 09:06 PM.
Old 10-31-2013, 06:19 AM   #1782
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaLyn View Post
I got my DME tags in the mail today a whopping 186 days prior to arrival. The envelope they came in said that "transportation vouchers, luggage tags and helpful airport arrival instructions" were all enclosed. I got the tags, I have the helpful tips, but what is this "travel voucher"? Do I need to call them? I didn't think I needed a voucher, I thought I just walked up to the DME welcome center and they had my reservation on file for arriving that day. But it is my first time so what do I know?

Sent from my iPad using the DISBoards app.
There should be a page, towards the middle of the info booklet, that has the vouchers. They are small...the page can hold up to four vouchers. You just open the booklet to that page, and the CM scans the vouchers for each person. If yu don't have the vouchers, you have to go to the DME counter, upon arrival, and have them printed out for you.
Old 10-31-2013, 06:26 AM   #1783
KaLyn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post

There should be a page, towards the middle of the info booklet, that has the vouchers. They are small...the page can hold up to four vouchers. You just open the booklet to that page, and the CM scans the vouchers for each person. If yu don't have the vouchers, you have to go to the DME counter, upon arrival, and have them printed out for you.
Hmmmmm, it seems I'm missing more than I thought! I have no booklet at all. All that came were the tags themselves and a slip of paper with a bulleted list of 5-6 tips and reminders. Thanks for the help! Looks like I'll be calling today to ask. Doesn't make sense for them to mail the voucher booklet thing separately.

Me28 DH30 DD6.5 DD3.5
Past Trips:
Planning in Progress:
Old 10-31-2013, 12:19 PM   #1784
KaLyn
DIS Veteran

Figured it out! My tags were sent out as soon as I put in the request online. Because I did it myself online they were sent out priority, if I did it over the phone they wouldn't have been sent out until 45 days before arrival. The voucher book won't be "generated" and mailed out until the 45 day mark.

Me28 DH30 DD6.5 DD3.5
Past Trips:
Planning in Progress:
Old 10-31-2013, 02:20 PM   #1785
Tinker Pam
Stalker of the Whisperer

Quick question.
We have a split stay, 2 nights at AOA before going to POR,
If I put my POR tags on will they deliver my checked bag to POR and hold it until I arrive so that I don't have to mess with it.

Tinker Pam is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: