Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-2013, 03:16 PM   #1726
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ride Junkie View Post
This will be our 1st time using Magical Express. In our packet, it says luggage can be delivered up to 3 hours after arrival. Is that pretty accurate? We are supposed to land at MCO at 9pm; if our luggage is going to be delivered around midnight, I'm thinking we ought to just pick up our luggage at baggage claim so we'll have it with us.

Thanks.
Yes, it can take that long. Certainly could be faster than that, but when I arrive at times like 9pm, I do as you're thinking -- skip using the yellow tags/luggage service, pick up the luggage myself, and therefore have it with you when you arrive at the resort.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 03:33 PM   #1727
Ride Junkie
Just skulking around...
I love any activity that requires a helmet

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post
Yes, it can take that long. Certainly could be faster than that, but when I arrive at times like 9pm, I do as you're thinking -- skip using the yellow tags/luggage service, pick up the luggage myself, and therefore have it with you when you arrive at the resort.
Ok, thanks for confirming that. I think we'll stick to the plan & pick up our own bags.
Ride Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-27-2013, 04:22 PM   #1728
PatMcDuck
DIS Veteran

I read on this thread, that you get 2 ME tags per person.

When I called to book the ME, they said we would get one per person.

Does anyone know if it is 1 or 2? If it is one, I may call for more tags.

thanks.
PatMcDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 04:46 PM   #1729
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatMcDuck View Post
I read on this thread, that you get 2 ME tags per person.

When I called to book the ME, they said we would get one per person.

Does anyone know if it is 1 or 2? If it is one, I may call for more tags.
Currently they automatically send one yellow luggage tag for each person on your reservation. So for example, two adults two children equals four DME luggage tags.

In the past it was two per person, but that changed a couple-few years ago.

If you think you need more luggage tags, you're right to call and request more.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 01:31 PM   #1730
simblake1019
Earning My Ears

Split Stay Luggage Delivery

I recently adjusted our flights to arrive at 6pm the night before our main reservation so we didn't waste half of our first day traveling. We will be staying at Pop the first night and transferring to POR the next morning. Would it be possible to have DME send our luggage right to POR? We won't need it until the next day and even though Pop would send it to POR for us, I'd rather not have to deal with it at all if I can get away with it

Side note: I haven't changed our DME reservations yet, so at this point I will still receive luggage tags that say POR. If my bags arrived a day prior to my reservation, would this cause a problem, or would they just be stored with Bell Services until I arrived?

Many thanks!

simblake1019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 09:39 PM   #1731
maryann4086
Where did my other 250 posts go, waaaaaaah

Change in resort

I am not sure if this question has been answered or not, so here goes. We received our luggage tags, then got a great deal and changed resorts. Lady at magical express said they do not send out new tags, just to change the name of the resort on the tag. This seems a little odd to me. Has anyone done this? If so, did everything go well? Thanks
Old 09-03-2013, 10:51 PM   #1732
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryann4086 View Post
I am not sure if this question has been answered or not, so here goes. We received our luggage tags, then got a great deal and changed resorts. Lady at magical express said they do not send out new tags, just to change the name of the resort on the tag. This seems a little odd to me. Has anyone done this? If so, did everything go well? Thanks
As long as your reservation number didn't change, she's right. The information about your reservation is in the bar code on your tags, so it will have the right information. Just make sure not to write on the bar code when you change the resort name. (And to be honest, I don't think you have to since the bar code has the correct information.)
siskaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:09 PM   #1733
lilcoconut2906
Earning My Ears

Ok so I was packing and I noticed that I put my in laws luggage tags for dme on our luggage and they have ours and we leave a day before them , we leave in 8 days , I'm gueasing I would need new luggage tags you think I would get them in time?
Old 09-09-2013, 11:11 PM   #1734
Alesia
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilcoconut2906 View Post
Ok so I was packing and I noticed that I put my in laws luggage tags for dme on our luggage and they have ours and we leave a day before them , we leave in 8 days , I'm gueasing I would need new luggage tags you think I would get them in time?
Are you staying at the same resort? If so, I'd just leave them and switch bags after they're delivered.

Alesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 12:24 AM   #1735
lilcoconut2906
Earning My Ears

We check in akl on the 18th and then we check into wl on the 19th and that's when our other partu members fly in and stay with us in the same room
Old 09-14-2013, 01:43 PM   #1736
dwsandy
DIS Veteran

We are a party of 6 traveling together by plane, but once we arrive at MCO, 2 members of our party will be getting a rental car. The hotel reservation is under my name, so the main name on the ME tickets is mine. The 2 that are renting the car received ME tags in my package. Can they still use the tags for luggage delivery since I am using ME and my name is on the reservation?
Old 09-14-2013, 01:53 PM   #1737
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by simblake1019 View Post
I recently adjusted our flights to arrive at 6pm the night before our main reservation so we didn't waste half of our first day traveling. We will be staying at Pop the first night and transferring to POR the next morning. Would it be possible to have DME send our luggage right to POR? We won't need it until the next day and even though Pop would send it to POR for us, I'd rather not have to deal with it at all if I can get away with it

Side note: I haven't changed our DME reservations yet, so at this point I will still receive luggage tags that say POR. If my bags arrived a day prior to my reservation, would this cause a problem, or would they just be stored with Bell Services until I arrived?

Many thanks!
No, your POR reservation isn't in effect yet, so the bags can't go there. If you just leave the POR tags on them, and arrive before the POR reservation is in effect, who knows what will happen to the bags? They could be misplaced at MCO, put aside and forgotten. Who knows. Have them sent over to POR the next morning. Or spend the money on a cab and take them with you to POR and get checked in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilcoconut2906 View Post
We check in akl on the 18th and then we check into wl on the 19th and that's when our other partu members fly in and stay with us in the same room
I'm thinking it may be an issue. If they use your's, the bags will go to AKL, because that's what it says on your reservation. If you use theirs, your bags would go to WL....where there is no one at yet. Call DME and see if they can overnight them to you. Or, is there any chance you can switch with your in-laws now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwsandy View Post
We are a party of 6 traveling together by plane, but once we arrive at MCO, 2 members of our party will be getting a rental car. The hotel reservation is under my name, so the main name on the ME tickets is mine. The 2 that are renting the car received ME tags in my package. Can they still use the tags for luggage delivery since I am using ME and my name is on the reservation?
Shouldn't be an issue. As long as someone is on that bus, there won't be any isssues.
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 03:38 PM   #1738
BlueGiraffe
DIS Veteran

Apologies if this has been asked before (but this thread is 174 pages!)

I think I read somewhere that we don't have to use the luggage tags, and can collect our bags and put them on the bus ourselves, rather than waiting for them to arrive in the room later.

Is this true...? Thanks :-)
Old 09-15-2013, 03:46 PM   #1739
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueGiraffe View Post
Apologies if this has been asked before (but this thread is 174 pages!)

I think I read somewhere that we don't have to use the luggage tags, and can collect our bags and put them on the bus ourselves, rather than waiting for them to arrive in the room later.

Is this true...? Thanks :-)
Yes, but it's a nice perk to not have to go to baggage claim and wait for your bags to show up. Plus, since the DME driver will be handling your luggage, you should tip him/her.

And actually, this question is addressed in the first post.
siskaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 04:19 PM   #1740
BlueGiraffe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by siskaren

Yes, but it's a nice perk to not have to go to baggage claim and wait for your bags to show up. Plus, since the DME driver will be handling your luggage, you should tip him/her.

And actually, this question is addressed in the first post.
Thanks.

And I did apologise in advance for possibly asking something that had already been asked...

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: