Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  


Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 07-29-2013, 12:32 PM   #1696
cheerful chickadee
I heart Disney World
 
cheerful chickadee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: New York
Posts: 1,876

we're 51 days out and received our ME tags....just wondering if this is how early they are sending things out now?
__________________
April 2004 off site
April 2006 ASMo
May 2009 CSR
April 2012 CSR
Sept 2013 CSR
cheerful chickadee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 01:04 PM   #1697
jcarwash
DIS Veteran
 
jcarwash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,551

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerful chickadee View Post
we're 51 days out and received our ME tags....just wondering if this is how early they are sending things out now?
51 days seems early to me. For my trip this month I got my vacation package mailing including DME tags about 4 weeks prior.

Did you receive a DME-only voucher/tags mailing?
__________________

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-29-2013, 01:23 PM   #1698
cheerful chickadee
I heart Disney World
 
cheerful chickadee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: New York
Posts: 1,876

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post
51 days seems early to me. For my trip this month I got my vacation package mailing including DME tags about 4 weeks prior.

Did you receive a DME-only voucher/tags mailing?
Actually I received 2 envelopes from magical express in the mail on the same day. The first one contained the booklet that has the vouchers, our flight info and directions on where to go at the airport and a set of tags for the whole family. The second envelope was just a paper with our address on it and another set of tags for the whole family. Now we each have 2 tags each.

I was expecting the next mailing to be our luggage tags that are supposed to come with our package. Idk what's going on haha
__________________
April 2004 off site
April 2006 ASMo
May 2009 CSR
April 2012 CSR
Sept 2013 CSR
cheerful chickadee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:18 PM   #1699
JimboCh
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 389

Renting a car at MCO but returning the car early to one of the hotels on hotel row.

Taking Magical Express on the way home, do we need to get our luggage tags ahead of time or can we wait until we get there to arrange that?

Is Flying Southwest going to be a problem?
JimboCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:34 PM   #1700
siskaren
DIS Veteran
 
siskaren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Aurora, IL
Posts: 8,709

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimboCh View Post
Renting a car at MCO but returning the car early to one of the hotels on hotel row.

1. Taking Magical Express on the way home, do we need to get our luggage tags ahead of time or can we wait until we get there to arrange that?

2. Is Flying Southwest going to be a problem?
1. The luggage tags are for using DME on the way there; they're not needed for the trip home.

2. In what way?
siskaren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:41 PM   #1701
JimboCh
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 389

Quote:
Originally Posted by siskaren View Post
1. The luggage tags are for using DME on the way there; they're not needed for the trip home.

2. In what way?
So we can get the tags for the way home from the resort, I mean when they pick up our bags in the morning how do they know what plane they go on? or do we have to grab them from the DME bus driver and then check them in at the airport ourselves? Our flight isn't until 4:30pm, what time will we leave on the bus? If they don't pick them up in the morning what do we do with our bags until the bus leaves?

Didn't know if Southwest was in that DME program, guess it doesn't matter if we have to get our bags from the bus driver.
JimboCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 06:31 AM   #1702
mrstomrice
Thomas and Jake's Mommy:)
 
mrstomrice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bucks County, PA
Posts: 2,659

We fly SW. You check in to the flight from your hotel the morning of departure. I think the hours may be limited so don't wait until your DME time to do so. You'll leave your bags there. Any unchecked bags can be left at bell services.
__________________
Me: 33 visits DH: 13 visits DS10: 12 visits DS7: 11 visits Raleigh
mrstomrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 08:32 AM   #1703
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania
 
goofy4tink's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Central Ma
Posts: 48,820
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimboCh View Post
So we can get the tags for the way home from the resort, I mean when they pick up our bags in the morning how do they know what plane they go on? or do we have to grab them from the DME bus driver and then check them in at the airport ourselves? Our flight isn't until 4:30pm, what time will we leave on the bus? If they don't pick them up in the morning what do we do with our bags until the bus leaves?

Didn't know if Southwest was in that DME program, guess it doesn't matter if we have to get our bags from the bus driver.
Okay....there are no special tags for your bags when heading home. You will go to the resort RAC area, in the morning, before you head out for your last day. They will check your bags and give you your boarding passes. The bags will then be taken to MCO for you, you go off and enjoy your day and return to the resort DME bus stop no less than 15 mins prior to the pickup time you are given.
RAC is pretty much the same as curbside checkin but the 'curb' is about 30 miles away!!!
SW has been a participating airline for awhile now. I would recommend getting the EBCI for your flight home. That way, you don't have to worry about that pesky 24 hr prior to departure window for checking yourselves in. SW will do it for you at the 36 hr window. Cost is about $12.50 pp each way.

For a 4:30 flight, you will be given a pickup time of around 1:30...give or take 15 mins either way. As I said earlier, you need to be at the DME bus stop, all ready to leave, no less than 15 mins before the p/u time you are given. That time is the time the bus is scheduled to leave the resort..NOT the time you should start heading to the bus stop!!! They will leave if you aren't there!!
__________________
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 11:22 AM   #1704
JimboCh
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 389

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
Okay....there are no special tags for your bags when heading home. You will go to the resort RAC area, in the morning, before you head out for your last day. They will check your bags and give you your boarding passes. The bags will then be taken to MCO for you, you go off and enjoy your day and return to the resort DME bus stop no less than 15 mins prior to the pickup time you are given.
RAC is pretty much the same as curbside checkin but the 'curb' is about 30 miles away!!!
SW has been a participating airline for awhile now. I would recommend getting the EBCI for your flight home. That way, you don't have to worry about that pesky 24 hr prior to departure window for checking yourselves in. SW will do it for you at the 36 hr window. Cost is about $12.50 pp each way.

For a 4:30 flight, you will be given a pickup time of around 1:30...give or take 15 mins either way. As I said earlier, you need to be at the DME bus stop, all ready to leave, no less than 15 mins before the p/u time you are given. That time is the time the bus is scheduled to leave the resort..NOT the time you should start heading to the bus stop!!! They will leave if you aren't there!!

I'm asking these questions for my Father-in-law and his brother who are making this trip.

Since my Father-in-law will be using a wheel chair will they need the EBCI's?
I assume they will go to check in the night before at Saratoga Springs where they are staying and just get regular boarding passes there and then once they get to the airport just board with wheel chair people or is it best to wait to get the boarding passes the morning of their flight when they check their bags at RAC?

Which is the best way to do it?
JimboCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 12:49 PM   #1705
luvdzny
DIS Veteran
 
luvdzny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,499

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

We have ME ressies for 2 people in our group from MCO to AKL. I did not know that you had to book both pick up and drop off at the same time. We are renting DVC points and DS will be staying on points from 2 different owners. The DVC owner has to make the ME ressies.

My question is: Can we book ME from AKL back to MCO once we arrive?

We are 2 weeks away from our trip. Thanks!
__________________


luvdzny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 08:22 PM   #1706
slatterie
Earning My Ears
 
slatterie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: TX
Posts: 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by siskaren View Post
What runs until 10:00 is DME picking up luggage from the airport, not your luggage being delivered to you. (Meaning that if your flight arrives at 10 pm or later, you'll need to retrieve your luggage from baggage claim.) With your flight arriving at 6:40, you should be at your resort by 8. If you don't mind getting your luggage delivered between about 11:00 and 12:00, then you can get it then. But if that's later than you want to stay awake, just make sure you have what you need for the first night and next morning in your carry-on and ask the front desk to hold your luggage until morning.
As a follow up to this - our flight gets in about 10:15pm. I am aware we have to bring our bag up from baggage claim to the DME booth and load on the bus. If I have the tags on them will they still be delivered the next day? or are we out of luck and have to drag them ourselves to our room? I'm confused because the wording seems to indicate that DME will only provide transportation to your hotel after 10pm.

Yes I will have spare clothes packed in our carry ons - I do this whenever we travel because you never know. Thanks!
slatterie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 11:38 PM   #1707
siskaren
DIS Veteran
 
siskaren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Aurora, IL
Posts: 8,709

Quote:
Originally Posted by slatterie View Post
As a follow up to this - our flight gets in about 10:15pm. I am aware we have to bring our bag up from baggage claim to the DME booth and load on the bus. If I have the tags on them will they still be delivered the next day? or are we out of luck and have to drag them ourselves to our room? I'm confused because the wording seems to indicate that DME will only provide transportation to your hotel after 10pm.

Yes I will have spare clothes packed in our carry ons - I do this whenever we travel because you never know. Thanks!
The tags are for getting your bags from the airport to the hotel, so if you're getting your bags yourself (which, as you know, you'll have to do since you're arriving after 10 pm) there's no reason to put the tags on. When you take your bags to the bus, you're also responsible for taking them up to your room. DME doesn't put your luggage on the same bus that takes you to your hotel, but instead puts it all in a separate vehicle (I would imagine something like a delivery truck).
siskaren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 01:39 AM   #1708
slatterie
Earning My Ears
 
slatterie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: TX
Posts: 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by siskaren View Post
The tags are for getting your bags from the airport to the hotel, so if you're getting your bags yourself (which, as you know, you'll have to do since you're arriving after 10 pm) there's no reason to put the tags on. When you take your bags to the bus, you're also responsible for taking them up to your room. DME doesn't put your luggage on the same bus that takes you to your hotel, but instead puts it all in a separate vehicle (I would imagine something like a delivery truck).
Makes perfect sense. Thanks for your response! Now I'll definitely make sure we will travel as light as possible.
slatterie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 09:38 AM   #1709
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania
 
goofy4tink's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Central Ma
Posts: 48,820
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimboCh View Post
I'm asking these questions for my Father-in-law and his brother who are making this trip.

Since my Father-in-law will be using a wheel chair will they need the EBCI's?
I assume they will go to check in the night before at Saratoga Springs where they are staying and just get regular boarding passes there and then once they get to the airport just board with wheel chair people or is it best to wait to get the boarding passes the morning of their flight when they check their bags at RAC?

Which is the best way to do it?
If they forgo EBCI, which is okay since they will be allowed to preboard......just checkin at the 24 hr mark the day before. The morning of departure....head to the RAC counter and hand off your checked bags. They will give you the boarding passes at that time. It doesn't matter when they actually get the boarding passes. They can do it either way. Just be sure to do the actual checkin 24 hrs prior.
__________________
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 09:43 AM   #1710
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania
 
goofy4tink's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Central Ma
Posts: 48,820
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by slatterie View Post
As a follow up to this - our flight gets in about 10:15pm. I am aware we have to bring our bag up from baggage claim to the DME booth and load on the bus. If I have the tags on them will they still be delivered the next day? or are we out of luck and have to drag them ourselves to our room? I'm confused because the wording seems to indicate that DME will only provide transportation to your hotel after 10pm.

Yes I will have spare clothes packed in our carry ons - I do this whenever we travel because you never know. Thanks!
You could just go directly to the DME bus and not stop at baggage claim. Your bags would be put aside and then delivered to you the next day..if you have your yellow tags on them.
The actual DME luggage handlers stop work at 10pm. So, there is no one there to separate the bags with the DME yellow tags out from the regular, non-tagged bags. So, all bags, tagged and not, go to the public baggage claim area. If no one comes for those bags after a set time, the bags are take n away and put aside until the next day. Then, DME baggage handlers are supposed to go and get any tagged bags that came in while they were off duty. The bags are then supposed to be delivered to the resorts/rooms.
Does it always work out this way? I have no idea...most people just go to baggage claim themselves and get their own bags. The bags are then put beneath the DME bus the guest is on, and handed to them when they get to the resort. You will then either take the bags to your room with you, or you can leave them at the Bell Services/Luggage Assistence area and they can bring them to the room for you...but be aware, they will be looking for a tip for baggage duty!
I would just take them to the room myself.
__________________
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:34 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.



You Rated this Thread: