Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2013, 08:03 AM   #1666
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohs_hunny View Post
I posted this as a separate thread too but thought it might get more traffic from the "experts" here.

I've been using Magical Express since it began in 2005, and I have always received a packet in the mail with the luggage tags and a booklet with directions containing the bus vouchers for airport to resort. This year, I only received tags in my envelope and a single page with a few directions. There was no booklet with the vouchers as in the past. Are they no longer using the vouchers? If not, what is used to get on the bus? I booked a package through AAA if that makes a difference. I thought maybe the vouchers were now included in the resort packet with all of the other vouchers, but I can't find anything with a bar code for Magical Express. I thought I'd check here before calling. Thanks for any help you can give!
Some have reported getting some of their DME stuff with the resort pkg stuff...vouchers for mini-golf, etc. I don't book pkgs so have no experience with that. I have always received my DME in packet form, 3-4 weeks prior to travel.
It would seem that, for some reason, you got sent just the tags. I have to wonder if booking thru a third party may have messed something up. But, in any case, you are obviously in their system. So, you'll just have to go to the counter to have vouchers printed up. Kind of a pain tho. Did you check with AAA to see if they had anything in their office for you?
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 12:29 PM   #1667
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I posted this as a separate thread too but thought it might get more traffic from the "experts" here.

I've been using Magical Express since it began in 2005, and I have always received a packet in the mail with the luggage tags and a booklet with directions containing the bus vouchers for airport to resort. This year, I only received tags in my envelope and a single page with a few directions. There was no booklet with the vouchers as in the past. Are they no longer using the vouchers? If not, what is used to get on the bus? I booked a package through AAA if that makes a difference. I thought maybe the vouchers were now included in the resort packet with all of the other vouchers, but I can't find anything with a bar code for Magical Express. I thought I'd check here before calling. Thanks for any help you can give!
goofy4tink is right as usual -- it sounds like you just got the sent the tags somehow.

When the vouchers/DME info are printed inside the same booklet as your package info, the tags are in that same mailing too. That is my current experience with my July trip.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-13-2013, 07:27 PM   #1668
poohs_hunny
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post
goofy4tink is right as usual -- it sounds like you just got the sent the tags somehow.

When the vouchers/DME info are printed inside the same booklet as your package info, the tags are in that same mailing too. That is my current experience with my July trip.
Thanks, guys! I called when I got home today and they said my TA had requested everything be set directly to me (which I knew), but she also requested more tags for some reason. They had been mailed separately. Then I got the mail and there was the booklet and more tags!
Past trips: 7/14 - Honeymoon on the Disney Magic, 11/13 - Art of Animation, 6/13 - Caribbean Beach *Engaged!* , 6/12 - Pop Century & the Disney Fantasy, 7/11 - Coronado Springs, 7/10 - Pop Century, 7/09 - Caribbean Beach & the Disney Wonder, 8/08 - Pop Century, 10/07 Disneyland, 6/07 Caribbean Beach, 8/06 Pop Century, 8/05 Caribbean Beach, 5/04 Pop Century, 5/02 Offsite, 5/98 Offsite
poohs_hunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 07:43 AM   #1669
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Thanks, guys! I called when I got home today and they said my TA had requested everything be set directly to me (which I knew), but she also requested more tags for some reason. They had been mailed separately. Then I got the mail and there was the booklet and more tags!
Thanks for letting us know how it all turned out.
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 12:25 PM   #1670
Dani C
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post

Everyone who has a seat/reservation gets two luggage tags.
No longer the case. I received only one and had to call to request an additional tag.

Dani C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 09:21 PM   #1671
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani C View Post
No longer the case. I received only one and had to call to request an additional tag.
The post you quoted is from 2006 when you did get two tags.
siskaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 11:01 AM   #1672
stargazertechie
Toy Story Midway Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by siskaren View Post
The post you quoted is from 2006 when you did get two tags.
This. You can call though and request extra DME tags

Upcoming trip- WDW Trip #14. BCV. 6/13.

Thinking about buying pins from ebay and getting into pin trading? PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
stargazertechie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 12:16 PM   #1673
wiseguyslovethemouse
Mouseketeer

So sorry if this has been asked; can I do online check in for my flight even though

the entire trip was booked as a package? We did room, tix, dining, flight all in one giant pkg. Now my mom is freaking because she always likes to check in for her flight the day before. I can only seem to find the confirmation number for the entire pkg, nothing separate for the flight. Anyone?? Going crazy!!
DS, 14:
DS, 12:
DS, 8:
DS, 2:
wiseguyslovethemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 12:28 PM   #1674
wiseguyslovethemouse
Mouseketeer

Probably the most foolish question ever.....

but my dd and I are in a debate. ;-) I've gotten many Disney luggage tags in the past, and never have I had a problem actually attaching them....until now.

We have those adorable red/orange Mickey ones, but I'm having trouble! In the past, they kind of slit down the middle, right? And that's how they attach. My dd insists that there is no split down the middle, but it's simply hooked on the one end with the plastic "notch". Am I making ANY sense???

Assuming I've gotten my question worded correctly, who is right?? (neither?) lol, thanks!
DS, 14:
DS, 12:
DS, 8:
DS, 2:
wiseguyslovethemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 03:17 PM   #1675
DisneyNDecember
DIS Veteran

Arriving Flight Information for Disney Magical Express Question....

When you key in your flight information on WDW site for the Disney Magical Express, which flight # do you put in if you are flying with Southwest & it changes flight #'s before you arrive in Orlando?

Do you put the first leg of the flight's information or the 2nd leg of the flight's information?

We are flying out of Dallas Love Field on Flight # 1165.
We change to Flight # 4138 in New Orleans before we arrive in Orlando.

I would assume we put the first leg of the actual flight (which mine would be Flight # 1165 as listed above) on the Magical Express Departing airport/Flight information since our Magical Express Tags are to be put on at the first leg of the trip, correct?
Old 07-04-2013, 03:25 PM   #1676
Alesia
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyNDecember View Post
When you key in your flight information on WDW site for the Disney Magical Express, which flight # do you put in if you are flying with Southwest & it changes flight #'s before you arrive in Orlando?

Do you put the first leg of the flight's information or the 2nd leg of the flight's information?

We are flying out of Dallas Love Field on Flight # 1165.
We change to Flight # 4138 in New Orleans before we arrive in Orlando.

I would assume we put the first leg of the actual flight (which mine would be Flight # 1165 as listed above) on the Magical Express Departing airport/Flight information since our Magical Express Tags are to be put on at the first leg of the trip, correct?
DME only cares about the flights that leave or arrive at MCO. For your arrival flight, you will put the number of the second flight. For your departure, you'll put the number of your first flight.

Alesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 05:24 PM   #1677
DisneyNDecember
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alesia View Post
DME only cares about the flights that leave or arrive at MCO. For your arrival flight, you will put the number of the second flight. For your departure, you'll put the number of your first flight.
Thank you !!! Makes sense.
Old 07-06-2013, 10:55 PM   #1678
luke6t6
Mouseketeer

Question

We will be going to WDW in a few weeks and have signed up for the Magical Express. There are four of us flying into Orlando, but only three of us will be taking the DME bus to the resort. One of us will be getting a rental car for us to have while we are in Orlando. Will there be an issue with only three of our party taking the resort transportation?

Thanks,

Luke
luke6t6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 11:01 PM   #1679
Alesia
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke6t6 View Post
We will be going to WDW in a few weeks and have signed up for the Magical Express. There are four of us flying into Orlando, but only three of us will be taking the DME bus to the resort. One of us will be getting a rental car for us to have while we are in Orlando. Will there be an issue with only three of our party taking the resort transportation?

Thanks,

Luke
Nope. Not a problem at all.

Alesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 03:42 PM   #1680
drujaz
Mouseketeer

Is there any way to change Flight information online for an existing DME reservation?

United just changed our return flight number and time from 6:50pm to 7am...
So much for that extra day...

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: