Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2007, 12:04 PM   #151
KimAshton
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleveRocks View Post
First of all, call DME and make sure they know that your friend is arriving the day after you're arriving, that's the most important part. While you're doing that, ask them your question. I'll bet the answer is to just use the tags as-is

Even if she doesn;t have the tags, she can still get the automatic luggage delivery (again, if she has a proper reservation). At the DME counter, they will ask her if she tagged her bags. If she says No, they'll ask for her baggage claim ticket numbers and a physical description of the bags. They will dispatch a CM to go to baggage claim, claim her bags for her, then bring them back behind the scenes with the rest of the DME luggage set for delivery.
Thanks Eric. they do have someone in our group arriving on the 15th.
Old 02-21-2007, 12:38 AM   #152
constanze
Mouseketeer

flying in day before

I'm having a heck of a time finding some good flight prices on the day we were suppose to arrive. I'm thinking of staying at an airport hotel the day before, and then taking the DME the next morning when we were suppose to arrive to our Disney Resort. Do I just let them know what I'm doing when I make my reservation? and of course I will pick up my own bags. Has anyone done this before? Does this even make sense?
constanze is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-21-2007, 08:02 AM   #153
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by constanze View Post
I'm having a heck of a time finding some good flight prices on the day we were suppose to arrive. I'm thinking of staying at an airport hotel the day before, and then taking the DME the next morning when we were suppose to arrive to our Disney Resort. Do I just let them know what I'm doing when I make my reservation? and of course I will pick up my own bags. Has anyone done this before? Does this even make sense?

Yes, people have done exactly that. What they do is to find a flight that arrives into MCO at about the time they will be needing DME...say you want to head out at about 9 am...you need to find a flight that is arriving around 8-9 am that morning. Give that flight number to DME as 'your flight number'...they don't care that you aren't actually on that flight. Then, that morning, grab your bags, head over to MCO, down to DME and checkin!! Have a terrific trip.
Old 02-21-2007, 11:52 PM   #154
constanze
Mouseketeer

Thank you so miuch for your help! Flying in the day before is going to save me quite a bit, plus give us an entire extra day (since we won't be taking up one of our days flying for the entire time).
constanze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 03:52 PM   #155
Goldfrapplol
Earning My Ears

We've received our booklet(very strange that it arrived more than twenty-one days before our trip).
It has our old reservation number on it. Could we still use the vouchers and baggage tags?
Goldfrapplol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 03:55 PM   #156
Chip 'n Dale Express
Can't stay put!
I met lots of DIS'ers during my purple-panted tenure
I'm just fine with being terrific instead

Call DME Guest Services... they will give you the best answer.
Old 02-28-2007, 04:21 AM   #157
bicker
DIS Veteran

My understanding (from when I called DME about errors on our tags) is that if the reservation number is wrong, the tags won't work for you.
bicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 11:28 PM   #158
Indy's Girl
Mouseketeer

What if the airline loses your luggage?

This question was sort of answered early on in this thread, but I wanted to make sure the info is still valid. My worry with using DME is that there is a 4 hour window from landing to report lost luggage (according to my airline website). Since I will not be retrieving my luggage, I will most likely not know whether all my luggage has made it until more than 4 hours has passed. Will DME report any lost luggage to my airline? That is, will the realize that they do not have all the bags for my reservation and then tell SWA (my airline) that there are bags missing? I know most likely my bags won't be missing anyway, but I would hate to not report it in that 4 hour window and be out of luck. Thanks!

07/07/07 Our Wedding Day
Disneymoon at AKL July 8th-18th
RPR and Universal 18th-22nd

-"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." Walt Disney
Indy's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 05:11 AM   #159
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

when you check in at the DME desk, they will ask you how many bags you checked. Then, when they scan them, they call tell that they don't have enough bags for you. They will then 'search' for them for you. Disney will take the responsibility for finding any lost luggage.
Old 03-05-2007, 05:21 AM   #160
bicker
DIS Veteran

How much responsibility?
Old 03-05-2007, 06:41 AM   #161
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bicker View Post
How much responsibility?
Acording to Disney, they are supposed to find the luggage. That's what I was told when I asked at the checkin desk one time. When they asked me how many bags I had checked, I told them 4. Then, asked them what would happen if only 3 bags showed up. The CM told me that that wa why they asked us how many bags they should expect...so if one, or more, didn't show up they could find the missing bag(s). How they do it? I have no idea. That's just what they told me.
Old 03-05-2007, 07:30 AM   #162
bicker
DIS Veteran

Yeah, okay. I think folks -- especially folks who are asking the question that Indy's Girl asked -- are well-advised to get a definitive answer about how much responsibility Disney has promised to take. I don't have my DME documentation with me right now, but my suspicion is that they promise to take much less responsibility than some might infer from what you've said. My comments are intended to ensure no one gets a false sense of security, and later ends up disappointed with the service they got, because they misunderstood what Disney was actually promising, because of something we said here.
Old 03-16-2007, 09:28 AM   #163
ClaraBug
DIS Veteran

I have a question.....

We are flying with JetBlue, Are they a participating airline?

And the reason I ask this question here is b/c I wanted to claim my suitcases when we arrive but I would like to do the airline check-in at the Pop Century when we get ready to leave. We are using DME for both arrival and departure.
Old 03-16-2007, 12:03 PM   #164
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraBug View Post
We are flying with JetBlue, Are they a participating airline?

And the reason I ask this question here is b/c I wanted to claim my suitcases when we arrive but I would like to do the airline check-in at the Pop Century when we get ready to leave. We are using DME for both arrival and departure.
Yes, they are a participating airline. If you want to grab your own bags, then do not put the yellow tags on them. However, based on another thread here on the T. Board, you may get some dirty looks from your fellow passengers on the bus since it takes time to unload people's luggage, rather than allow DME to transport it.

Hey, I just noticed you'll be there the exact same time we will!!! Hope your trip is a terrific one, and we have great weather.
Old 03-16-2007, 01:25 PM   #165
ClaraBug
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
Yes, they are a participating airline. If you want to grab your own bags, then do not put the yellow tags on them. However, based on another thread here on the T. Board, you may get some dirty looks from your fellow passengers on the bus since it takes time to unload people's luggage, rather than allow DME to transport it.

Hey, I just noticed you'll be there the exact same time we will!!! Hope your trip is a terrific one, and we have great weather.
Thank you for the reply!! The reason I want to grab my own luggage is because I will need the sunblock. Dh, both DDs' and myself are fair skinned and BURN really easy. I will slather the girls up good before we leave for the airport but after arriving we will need it again and I will need access to it since I cannot take it on the plane.

I would rather get dirty looks from strangers than I would having sun-baked kids.

I will have my lime green baggallini, maybe we will run across each other, if not have a magical land and sea adventure!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: