Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2013, 09:52 AM   #1606
3Rouselings
Planning our second trip for May 2013!

We fly through Halifax and clear customs before we leave here. We did not have to go through customs in the States, it was at the Hfx airport both going down and coming home. We received ME tags for our last trip in 2011 and I expect that we will receive tags again this time. If you do not receive tags all you have to do is give the fine folks at the ME welcome center your luggage claim tags and they'll get your bags for you. Hope that helps!
3Rouselings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:46 AM   #1607
pbruce706
Mouseketeer

It does! Thanks for the info!

The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-12-2013, 12:16 PM   #1608
5mouseketeersforus
Mouseketeer

Just called to add ME. The CM said it wasn't too late (we leave in 18 days) but i had kids running all over & forgot to confirm that luggage tags would arrive in time . Hopefully they do!!!!

We haven't had the best luck so far in receiving things on time from Disney. We STILL haven't received our planning DVD that was ordered online over a month ago and it took 4 weeks to get our confirmation!!!

Fingers crossed for luggage tags to somehow find their way here without any delays.
Old 01-12-2013, 12:53 PM   #1609
princesspat209
Mouseketeer

Question Magical Express luggage tags

our trip to disney is 3 weeks away & still haven,t received magical express luggage tags. Spoke with member services & was told they were mailed on 1/4/13 . Getting a little anxious to have these. How long before I should get really nervous?
Old 01-12-2013, 05:09 PM   #1610
Grenouille
Earning My Ears

Getting these tags has been quite a hassle. I added someone to my reservation back on 12/14 and was told everything was in order. Nothing came so I called on 1/7 and was told they'd be here by Friday. Nothing Friday or today, so I call again and they say nothing has been sent out, but they'll be sent now. We leave on 1/26 and I seriously doubt I'll see anything before then.
Grenouille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:52 PM   #1611
kordoyne
Earning My Ears

We received our Disney packet today with the vouchers & luggage tags, it did not come with Magical Express tags? Does that normally come after? We still have a few weeks, we leave February 12th.
kordoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:42 PM   #1612
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kordoyne View Post
We received our Disney packet today with the vouchers & luggage tags, it did not come with Magical Express tags? Does that normally come after? We still have a few weeks, we leave February 12th.
Yes, sometimes all these items will come in the same mailing; sometimes they are separate. I have yet to get a combined mailing on my previous trips.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 03:40 PM   #1613
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kordoyne View Post
I'm assuming that you booked a resort package, and the packet you got was the one with the 'extras' such as minigolf, arcade vouchers and the hard plastic luggage tags, right?
Your DME packet should come about 4 weeks prior to travel. That packet will have your bus vouchers (coming and going) as well as a yellow luggage tag for each person listed on the reservation.
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:39 PM   #1614
OttawaON
Earning My Ears

We are from Canada and received our Magical Express vouchers and luggage tags several days ago. I'm sorry, but I don't recall about customs in Toronto.
OttawaON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:47 PM   #1615
erin1715
DIS Veteran

I have changed our flight to an earlier time to arrive in Orlando, but when I booked the reservation and provided the flight info it was a later flight, but the same day.

If I don't plan on using the luggage tags, do I need to contact them and have my flight info changed? We will be using Magical Express but our flight is arriving earlier than what they have on file.

TIA!
erin1715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:54 PM   #1616
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by erin1715 View Post
I have changed our flight to an earlier time to arrive in Orlando, but when I booked the reservation and provided the flight info it was a later flight, but the same day.

If I don't plan on using the luggage tags, do I need to contact them and have my flight info changed? We will be using Magical Express but our flight is arriving earlier than what they have on file.

TIA!
For the arrival flight, I don't think it's required that you call to update even if you were using the luggage tags. But really, if I were you I would make the update since it should be an easy call to make and a quick update.

As you probably already know, it's the departure flight information that needs to be accurate to ensure a timely pickup at your resort when going home.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:18 AM   #1617
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER
I have a smile on my face a mile wide
Let’s just say that Mr. Feeney came out “well done”

DISboards Moderator

we are going to use ME for the first time since having to pay for our luggage...DO we pay when we bring our luggage to the ME pickup in the morning of departure and how does one do it...cash or CC??
Thank you for the info

pumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:51 AM   #1618
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumba View Post
we are going to use ME for the first time since having to pay for our luggage...DO we pay when we bring our luggage to the ME pickup in the morning of departure and how does one do it...cash or CC??
Thank you for the info
Back a few years ago, I flew Delta home. There were instructions on my DME info sheet...they gave a phone number to call, the day before departure, and pay your checked bag fees. BUT....I seem to remember someone saying here (actually multiple someones!) that you can do that right at the RAC counter.
I would ask once you get to your resort...just to be on the safe side.
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:57 AM   #1619
sayheyrenee
Mouseketeer

I couldnt find an answer to my question, please help

We are using ME the day we arrive and leave. We are flying Southwest. The day we leave, we check out in the hotel lobby and are able to check in for our flight? Do we bring our bags to the lobby with us or do they collect them the night before? We have an 8pm flight at night. I'm just curious to how they airline tag our bags.

Also since we will be able to go to a park on our check out day, will the hotel hold our carry ons in the lobby and we grab them upon our return for the ME?

thanks in advance
sayheyrenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:55 PM   #1620
Nancy F
DIS Veteran

Yes. They will hold your bags for you. I never let them check me in to my airline so I never use the return tags. I call and they pick up our bags in the room and give us a ticket. We then go to the parks and come back in plenty of time for them to get our bags out of storage and wait for the ME bus to pick us up. We take our bags to the airport ourselves.
Nancy

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: