Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2012, 01:00 PM   #1516
paulad
Mouseketeer

What about our return to airport?

We're using DME and traveling JetBlue. Are we able to check our bags at the Beach Club before we head to the airport via DME? Our flight isn't until 7pm so we want to spend more time in the park before we have to head out. And the less we have to worry about luggage, the better!!
paulad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 01:03 PM   #1517
Alesia
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulad View Post
We're using DME and traveling JetBlue. Are we able to check our bags at the Beach Club before we head to the airport via DME? Our flight isn't until 7pm so we want to spend more time in the park before we have to head out. And the less we have to worry about luggage, the better!!
Yes, you can check your bags with RAC, but make sure you do it before they close at 1:00 pm.

Alesia is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-09-2012, 05:26 PM   #1518
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulad View Post
I would check them on your way out of the resort for the day!! It gets busy by 7:30/8 so try to get down earlier if you can.
Then, leave your carryon bags with Bell Services. You can spend a bit more time in a park that way.
Old 07-19-2012, 03:17 PM   #1519
homemom48
Obsessed With Disney Pgh Mom

Question

I have just received my travel documents from my AAA ofice. I have the DME tags to put on luggage. Now, these are long yellow tags. Is this actually 2 tags per person? The AAA office said not to cut in half. But they ARE 2 tags, right??
We are going SW both ways...

CATHY WHOM IS OBSESSED WITH WDW!!
homemom48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 03:21 PM   #1520
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by homemom48 View Post

I have just received my travel documents from my AAA ofice. I have the DME tags to put on luggage. Now, these are long yellow tags. Is this actually 2 tags per person? The AAA office said not to cut in half. But they ARE 2 tags, right??
No, you only get one tag per person, so AAA is correct - do not cut them in half.
siskaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 04:30 PM   #1521
Alesia
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Each tag is about 2 inches wide and 16 inches long. Do not cut them in half. If you need more tags, call DME directly.

Old 07-19-2012, 05:42 PM   #1522
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:

When most airlines started charging for a second checked bag (prior to charging for the first one as well!!), DME decided that it was a waste of materials to make two tags per guest...so, they started sending out just the one. Yes, each tag is over 12'' long...they should have a square area, at both ends, that has a removable piece of paper. You remove these two squares, then place the tag through the luggage handle and press the two ends together. The tag is supposed to move freely. If the tag is cut in half, making two tags, the tag won't move freely. It also won't have the proper 'stickiness'..and you risk having it tear off!!!
As already noted, if you need more, just call DME and they will get more sent out. Or, probably call your AAA office and have them call and order more.
Old 07-20-2012, 01:49 PM   #1523
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You need the yellow tags for your arrival flight only so they are routed at MCO for delivery.

You don't need yellow tags for your return trip home. You should remove the yellow tags once you arrive at WDW.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 04:45 PM   #1524
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post
You need the yellow tags for your arrival flight only so they are routed at MCO for delivery.

You don't need yellow tags for your return trip home. You should remove the yellow tags once you arrive at WDW.
My all time favorite sight??? Standing in the DME bus line, waiting for our bus to arrive, watching other guests hurrying to put those yellow DME luggage tags on their carryon bags and strollers...in the bus line. I tried telling one family that they didn't need to do that. I was told that I obviously had no idea how DME works!! No longer say anything to anyone.
Old 07-20-2012, 04:53 PM   #1525
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
My all time favorite sight??? Standing in the DME bus line, waiting for our bus to arrive, watching other guests hurrying to put those yellow DME luggage tags on their carryon bags and strollers...in the bus line. I tried telling one family that they didn't need to do that. I was told that I obviously had no idea how DME works!! No longer say anything to anyone.
I assume then that they thought that the tags would get their bags delivered to their rooms from the DME bus, so I would've loved to see the looks on their faces when they found out they'd have to carry their bags themselves! (Yeah, I'm mean. )
siskaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 11:15 AM   #1526
Sabrefan
Mouseketeer

On the yellow tag it says to seperate them at the perforated line. Giving you two tags per person? We are only taking 1 bag each so i just took off the sticky ends and put those together...

Me (30) DH (32) DD (11) DD (7)
Sabrefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 01:04 PM   #1527
Minniegirl71
Earning My Ears

I have a question. Our flight arrives at 9:50pm and I read that ME stops taking bags at 10pm. So I am assuming that we should just collect out own luggage before we head to the buses. Right?
Thanks for any help. We usually come in early in the morning but this is the first time we are arriving at night. Again thanks for any help.

2011 POP
2010 POP
Aug 2007 POLY
Aug 2006 POP
Minniegirl71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 03:39 PM   #1528
Alesia
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrefan View Post
On the yellow tag it says to seperate them at the perforated line. Giving you two tags per person? We are only taking 1 bag each so i just took off the sticky ends and put those together...
It says that because the tags used to come with 2 tags attached to each other. They now come per-separated. You have one tag per person.

Old 07-21-2012, 08:17 PM   #1529
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minniegirl71 View Post
I have a question. Our flight arrives at 9:50pm and I read that ME stops taking bags at 10pm. So I am assuming that we should just collect out own luggage before we head to the buses. Right?
Thanks for any help. We usually come in early in the morning but this is the first time we are arriving at night. Again thanks for any help.
I think you are right that you should collect your own bags. Even if you catch delivery, you will either get your bags really late or maybe even the next day? I would want the get my own bags at that time of night.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 09:12 AM   #1530
mrstomrice
Thomas and Jake's Mommy:)

If we don't use DME to get to resort...

We have rented a car since we plan to travel to Sea World during our trip and we got a great rate for the week. We also like the flexibility of a car while we are there, even though we love Disney transportation. I have my DME tags and I thought I read where I can use DME to deliver my bags to the resort, even if I do not take DME myself? We have an appointment at the barsbershop on our arrival day. I think we will be pressed for time. Can I use DME to deliver my luggage? We don't need the bags until later that night anyway. Thanks!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: