Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-19-2006, 02:28 PM   #1
jenny-d
Mouseketeer

LeCellier disappointing! and other dining reviews

We just got back from our trip and I have to say that LeCellier was definitely the worst dining experience we had on our vacation. First we had to wait 45 minutes for our ADR which made DH in a bad mood. The pretzel bread was boring. The cheese soup was ok, salad was ok, my filet was ok but not great and DH's was WAY overcooked. I've had much better meals at a chain steakhouse like Outback or Longhorn. The raspberry sorbet for dessert was the best part of the meal. All in all it was disappointing after all the great reviews I've read and it's crazy popularity. The hostess said they weren't even taking any reservations for the rest of June or July. We were on the DP and the total bill for the 4 of us (myself, DH, DD6, DS4) was $140.11. I'd expect way better for that price!
On the other hand, we had great experiences at CRT, Whispering Canyon, Crystal Palace, Mama Melrose, and Chef Mickey's. 1900 Park Fare was somewhat disappointing and Concourse Steakhouse was terrible. Cosmic Ray's was our favorite for CS. Also enjoyed Pecos Bills, Pizzafari, and Pizza Planet. If anyone wants any specific info about any of the places we dined at--I'd be happy to answer. I just don't have time to write long reviews of them all!!! I was impressed with the new choices for snacks. We easily used all of our snack credits and TS but were left with 4 CS somehow.
jenny-d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 02:35 PM   #2
DisneyBaby2004
DIS Veteran

1900 Park Fare

Hi,
Would you mind elaborating a little on 1900 Park Fare? We have an ADR sch. and I am debating whether to keep it.

BTW - I agree about LeCellier. But I couldn't decide what dissappointed me more 1. the food in general or 2. the food after hearing all hype. But I figure everyplace has off nights so I am going to try them again in December.
DisneyBaby2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-19-2006, 03:49 PM   #3
Tam1067
LOVES LOVES LOVES the Poly

I'm glad to hear you liked Mama Melrose, Chef Mickey, Crystal Palace, and Whipsering Canyon because we're going to all those places in July! Beyond your previously mentioned long wait at Le Cellier, did you have any other long waits in spite of ADRs?
Old 06-19-2006, 03:56 PM   #4
tarheelmjfan
Proud Redhead
Does anyone have any more secrets to add?

I've mentioned on here many times that Le Cellier is very inconsistent. I always recommend Chefs de France in Epcot for this reason. We've never been disappointed at Chefs, but we've had some great meals & some not good at all meals at LC. Sorry, your's was in the not so great category.
tarheelmjfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 04:02 PM   #5
Disneyrsh
DIS Veteran

Yeah, add me into the 'hated it' category at Le Cellier! Really, who wants to eat in the cellar? It's dark, for us so dark we couldn't see our food (meat was raw, didn't know until we bit into it, ewwww!), waited forever, etc.

On the other hand, we've been to 1900 Park Faire about 6 times now and have never been disappointed.

Love the italian restaurant in EPCOT, too, especially when we get to dine outside. Ah, al fresco!
Disneyrsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 04:18 PM   #6
Mom of Sleepy, Bashful and BabyDoc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny-d
We just got back from our trip and I have to say that LeCellier was definitely the worst dining experience we had on our vacation. First we had to wait 45 minutes for our ADR which made DH in a bad mood.
Would you mind telling me what time your ADR was? Thanks
Mom of Sleepy, Bashful and BabyDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 05:10 PM   #7
cdrn1
what I wouldn't give to have just one more Space Food Stick
Remember the good old days when people just disappeared?
My socks are on inside out!

I tried LeCellier in March because of all the hype and really enjoyed it. I messed up our ADR time but ended up being taken in right at our time; I did not find it dark or claustrophobic; the pretzel bread was great although I agree that the much-hyped cheese soup was nothing special. My DD and I split the maple BBQ filet and it was tender and cooked exactly as we like it; our server was excellent; very attentive and made some excellent wine suggestions. We had the dessert sampler and the maple creme brulee was sooooo good. I will definitely eat there again.
cdrn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 10:10 PM   #8
jenny-d
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom of Sleepy, Bashful and BabyDoc
Would you mind telling me what time your ADR was? Thanks
our ADR was for 5:10 and we were seated at 5:55
Old 06-19-2006, 10:15 PM   #9
jenny-d
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyBaby2004
Hi,
Would you mind elaborating a little on 1900 Park Fare? We have an ADR sch. and I am debating whether to keep it.

BTW - I agree about LeCellier. But I couldn't decide what dissappointed me more 1. the food in general or 2. the food after hearing all hype. But I figure everyplace has off nights so I am going to try them again in December.
We waited about 20 minutes for our 7:20 dinner ADR for Park Fare. Fairy Godmother was in the lobby and inside circulating were Cindy, Prince Charming, and the 2 mice. Buffet was ok--I guess again it was that I had read such good reviews that I was expecting more. IMO, Crystal Palace was better for dinner. Hope this helps...
Old 06-19-2006, 10:19 PM   #10
jenny-d
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam1067
I'm glad to hear you liked Mama Melrose, Chef Mickey, Crystal Palace, and Whipsering Canyon because we're going to all those places in July! Beyond your previously mentioned long wait at Le Cellier, did you have any other long waits in spite of ADRs?
We only waited at LeCellier and Park Fare--the others all took us within 5 minutes. I loved all of the ones you mentioned--my favorite was Whispering Canyon--my kids had a blast and the food was excellent. The bottomless milkshake was one (or two!) of the best I've ever had! BTW, they let us have it as a drink or dessert on the DP.
Old 06-20-2006, 01:09 AM   #11
magicmouse2
DIS Veteran

I like the same restaurants as the OP. I also was dissapointed with LeCellier, tough steak, small cold portions. Park faire is ok but Crystal Palace is better IMHO.
magicmouse2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 02:25 AM   #12
Cinders Mum
DIS Veteran

wow, I am sorry you had a negative experience at LC, we have been 3 times (different times of year) and have yet to be disappointed.

Having said that I do wonder if we are our own worst enemies ...... we rave about a restaurant and then unwittingly on everyone's part it gets put on a pedestal which no restaurant could ever hope to achieve, so leading to disappointment .......

just a thought.
Cinders Mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 02:28 AM   #13
granmaz
Dis Veteran and Old Geezer

We were disappointed with Le Cellier too - I know we are in the minority, so presumed it was an off night. The creme brullee was just amazing though, but why are they so small(anywhere, that is not just Le Cellier)???? Booked for Le Chefs next time.

granmaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 10:56 AM   #14
deany
deany

Could you please tell me a bit about WCC and Mama Melrose. We have an ADR at each - at WCC we will be ordering off the menu and for MM we have the Fantasmic Package. THanks.
deany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 11:07 AM   #15
tinkerbeth
Goin' back soon!!

Too bad you had a bad night at LC. I hope we get a good one b/c we are trying it for the first time in August and I can't WAIT!

Beth
tinkerbeth is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: