Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-19-2006, 11:07 AM   #1
iHEARTflorida
DIS Veteran

Bahama Breeze

hi,

when people come back off there hols, they seem to talk bout Bahama Breeze, i was just wondering how good the resturant is?
how much is costs? $ $$ $$$
which resturant is the best either the one on international drive or vineland ave.???

any comments

WDW Trips DL July 2010 DLRP Sept 2012

5 Weeks, 4 States and 3874 Miles around California and the Southwest Roadtrip here
iHEARTflorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 12:03 PM   #2
UKDEB
Found the Tag Fairy's hangout
All whacked up on Scooby Snacks

DISboards Moderator

I really don't see what all the fuss is about, but as I seem to be in a minority of one, you may as well dismiss what I'm about to say!

We waited an hour to be seated at the I-Drive location (albeit that I think it was probably a Saturday night). The vibe in the bar was good, but it was nigh on impossible to get served and we were packed in like sardines. Reminded me of Christmas Eve at my local when everyone comes back from Uni!

The restaurant and the service were nice enough, but I wasn't at all impressed with the food. I'd say it was the restaurant equivalent of frozen or ready meals.

I could be wrong about this, but I would say the I-Drive location has more of a buzz about it (so better in one way, but probably busier). The LBV location is newer.

October 1992 ~ Enclave Suites, I-Drive May 1996 ~ Omni Rosen, I-Drive October 1998 ~ Villa-Clear Creek August 2000 ~ Beach Club/Villa-Sunset Lakes July 2001 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge/Hard Rock Hotel/Villa-Formosa Gdns Christmas 2001 ~ Villa-Formosa Gardens October 2002 ~ Hard Rock Hotel/Villa-Formosa Gdns May 2003 ~ Portofino Bay/Villa-Cumbrian Lakes January 2004 ~ Ritz-Carlton Grande Lakes/Villa-Formosa Gardens July 2004 ~ Grand Floridian/Portofino Bay/Villa-Formosa Gardens December 2004 ~ Villa-Rolling Hills/Disney Wonder Cruise/BoardWalk Grand Villa/Contemporary April 2005 ~ Washington DC, Shenandoah, Blue Ridge Parkway, Charleston, Savannah, Royal Pacific Resort/Villa-Acadia Estates January 2006 ~ Reunion Resort/Royal Pacific Resort April 2006 ~ Celebration Hotel/NCL Jewel Cruise/Hotel Victor, Miami/Beach Cottage-Disney's Vero Beach October 2006 ~ Reunion Resort/BoardWalk Villa/Rosen Shingle Creek August 2007 ~ Saratoga Springs//Reunion Grande January 2008 ~ Saratoga Springs/Beach Club Villas/Reunion Resort November 2008 ~ BoardWalk Villas/Royal Pacific Resort/Saratoga Springs March 2011 ~ Celebrity Cruise/Veness Towers, a stone's throw from the Magic Kingdom November 2012 ~ Bay Lake Tower/Ritz-Carlton, Sarasota/Ritz-Carlton Destination Club, Jupiter/Saratoga Springs September 2013 ~ Kidani Village/Saratoga Springs May 2014 ~ Beach Club Villas/Wyndham Grand Bonnet Creek/Bay Lake Tower
UKDEB is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-19-2006, 04:42 PM   #3
Shooby doo
DIS Veteran

We have only been to the Vineland Ave one-it's ok but I didn't think that it was anything special.If you have kids then there wasn't a lot of choice,our party was split 50/50 on it DW loved her seafood but I was disappointed with my Ropa Vieja.I s'pose it all boils down to individual likes but I would end with the fact that we didn't go back to it on our last trip!
HTH SD
Summerfield Suites '03 MNSSHP,HOS,HHN XIII
Holiday Inn Sunnspree '04 MNSSHP,HHN XIV
Staybridge Suites '06 MNSSHP,HoS,HHN XVI
Caribbean Beach Resort '08 MNSSHP,HHN XVIII,HoS
VWL & SSR '12 MNSSHP,HHN XXII
Shooby doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 09:25 PM   #4
isla bonita
DIS Veteran

We loved it and they were kid friendly the night we went

Here is there web site and you can check for yourself what you think.

http://www.bahamabreeze.com/

They were kind to kids while we were there but I have to say I would love to just go to this one with my husband and hang out on the porch for the night.
"I'm just your average ordinary everyday super hero"
"If sense were commom more people would have it"
isla bonita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 09:39 PM   #5
Destination Disney
Welcome Foolish Mortals!

To me Bahama Breeze is good to just hang out and have appetizers and a few drinks on the deck or patio. (We have one here in Tampa Florida, however I think Tampa's location is the best. It is right on the water. People pull up on thier boats at the dock and they have live entertainment on the patio!) I have also been to the one right outside of WDW. The theme is carribean, the food is good with a spicy flare in some of thier dishes. Again, carribean influenced. You can get fire roasted pizza's, chicken, steak, fish, etc. So there is a broad range of food. Prices range from $14.00- $26.00 (US dollar) for entrees. Appetizer range from $6.00- $10. I say try it. It is a fun atmosphere and kind of puts you on "Island Time!" I don't think they take reservations so think about that when deciding what time to go. However if you had a large party of say 10 or more, I would give them a call to give them a heads up. Let them know a large party is coming in. (I mean it can't hurt!)
If you go...order the Bahama-Rita! (Trust me on this one, I've had many!!)
Old 06-20-2006, 12:59 AM   #6
UKDEB
Found the Tag Fairy's hangout
All whacked up on Scooby Snacks

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destination Disney
It is right on the water. People pull up on thier boats at the dock and they have live entertainment on the patio! It is a fun atmosphere and kind of puts you on "Island Time!"
Now, that sounds more like it. I'm a bit of a Parrothead at the moment. I can't wait to try out the Tommy Bahama cafe when it opens at Pointe Orlando.

October 1992 ~ Enclave Suites, I-Drive May 1996 ~ Omni Rosen, I-Drive October 1998 ~ Villa-Clear Creek August 2000 ~ Beach Club/Villa-Sunset Lakes July 2001 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge/Hard Rock Hotel/Villa-Formosa Gdns Christmas 2001 ~ Villa-Formosa Gardens October 2002 ~ Hard Rock Hotel/Villa-Formosa Gdns May 2003 ~ Portofino Bay/Villa-Cumbrian Lakes January 2004 ~ Ritz-Carlton Grande Lakes/Villa-Formosa Gardens July 2004 ~ Grand Floridian/Portofino Bay/Villa-Formosa Gardens December 2004 ~ Villa-Rolling Hills/Disney Wonder Cruise/BoardWalk Grand Villa/Contemporary April 2005 ~ Washington DC, Shenandoah, Blue Ridge Parkway, Charleston, Savannah, Royal Pacific Resort/Villa-Acadia Estates January 2006 ~ Reunion Resort/Royal Pacific Resort April 2006 ~ Celebration Hotel/NCL Jewel Cruise/Hotel Victor, Miami/Beach Cottage-Disney's Vero Beach October 2006 ~ Reunion Resort/BoardWalk Villa/Rosen Shingle Creek August 2007 ~ Saratoga Springs//Reunion Grande January 2008 ~ Saratoga Springs/Beach Club Villas/Reunion Resort November 2008 ~ BoardWalk Villas/Royal Pacific Resort/Saratoga Springs March 2011 ~ Celebrity Cruise/Veness Towers, a stone's throw from the Magic Kingdom November 2012 ~ Bay Lake Tower/Ritz-Carlton, Sarasota/Ritz-Carlton Destination Club, Jupiter/Saratoga Springs September 2013 ~ Kidani Village/Saratoga Springs May 2014 ~ Beach Club Villas/Wyndham Grand Bonnet Creek/Bay Lake Tower
UKDEB is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: