Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2006, 09:09 PM   #1
PLibster
Loving me some Disney World!!

Talking Just Back From a Great Stay at CSR!

Just got back today(June 18) from a 12 day stay at CSR and we are ready to go back! Had room 8147 in Cabanas. Just steps from Dig Site! Great room, 2 windows, clean, quiet, and towel animals on arrival. Parks were busy, but used fast pass and had no problems. It was hot and we had to deal with Alberto, but that didn't stop us! Ponchos baby! Went to both water parks and Disney Quest. Ate at California Grill, Ohana's, Concourse Steak House, Pepper Market and Rainforest Cafe' to name a few. Kids stayed at Neverland Club twice and we got to ride up front on the monorail our last day at MK. A wonderful trip indeed. Any questions, ask away. By the way we did drive, so we didn't use Disney transportation and we did not do the dining plan. We paid for waterview and had all our requests granted.
PLibster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 10:27 PM   #2
crazymomof 4
Mouseketeer

This is my first Disneyworld board set of questions! We are DL vets and never thought we could do DW because we live in CA and have 4kido's. But my brother told me we could make it happen! So I have been trying to study up a little and been watching these boards closely lately! Anyway we sleep in a queen at home, Are the Double beds okay and comfortable? You stayed for 12 nights. Were you happy with the CSR the entire time? Or do you wish you would have done somewhere else too? What is the Dig site? Are the water parks pretty good for all ages? Ours will be 12,11,4 and 3 when we go . We hope to go early Dec. 2007 so I hope they are even open! Was the Neverland Club pretty neat? Can you tell me about it and the cost possibly? This is something I think I would like to try. Thank you! Sorry for so many questions, but DW seems like a small country compared to DL!
crazymomof 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-18-2006, 10:41 PM   #3
Jerdoctor
Earning My Ears

I'd love to hear the answers to these questions as well!
Jerdoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 08:12 AM   #4
Buzz2001
CSR MAN!!

Glad you enjoyed your stay! Welcome back!!
Buzz2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 09:27 AM   #5
PLibster

Ok, let's see if I can answer all these for you.
-We sleep in a King at home, and it was a little tight, but very comfy. I think the beds are new.
-Yes, we were happy with CSR the whole time. I love walking around the entire grounds. It is breathtaking at night. You can rent boats and bikes. There is an arcade, playground, cool pool with waterslide, hammocks by the water to relax and don't forget how busy you will be at the theme parks. I wish I had more time to spend at the resort.
-The Dig Site is the main pool area. Has pool bar and grill, playground, arcade, hot tub, volleyball, and bathrooms with showers.
-Waterparks were great. My kids are 8 and 10. Typhoon Lagoon was more laid back and tropical. Blizzard Beach had more to do in my opinion. The kids enjoyed the slides better at BB. I am glad that we did both. We would do it again. It's nice to have days away from the parks. I am not sure if the waterparks are open in December; they do close each year for refurbishing.
- The Neverland Club is at the Polynesian Resort. My kids have been staying each trip since 2002. It is nice to have some adult time. They are able to eat dinner, play video games, dress up, crafts, movies, and make new friends. My kids love to go. They look forward to it each year. The price is 10.00 per child per hour. We normally leave them from 6pm to 9pm. I feel my children are very safe and the staff is wonderful. You will have a beeper if they need to get in touch with you.

I hope this helps. Anymore questions, ask away. You will love Disney World. It is a whole new world!
Old 06-19-2006, 10:55 AM   #6
crazymomof 4
Mouseketeer

Thank you! It sounds like so much fun! I really like the neverland idea! This resort looks beautiful and I just don't think we could shamelessly stay at a Deluxe.
crazymomof 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 02:18 PM   #7
PLibster

crazymomof4- We have stayed at the Poly twice and we love it, but for the price we are very satisfied with CSR. There is sooo much to do. You do get the deluxe feel! I miss it already.
Old 06-19-2006, 03:04 PM   #8
smep013
DVC Member

We stayed at CSR for our Honeymoon last June (in fact, we were on our way there this time last year!).

We loved it and wish we could have stayed longer. We did Disney for 4 days then went on to Jamaica for 6 days. Our room was so nice at CSR, that we were let down by our Honeymoon Concierge-Level Suite in Jamaica!

It was still a great time though.
July 2014: Boardwalk!!!
smep013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 03:13 PM   #9
ShannonN
Mouseketeer

Oh, I cant wait to go!! CSR May 07, 10 day stay!! I'm glad you had a wonderful trip!!
ShannonN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 03:42 PM   #10
Jrabbit910
Keep Calm and get your Sparkle on!!

Hi PLib,
I loved hearing your reviews about CSR.. We will be there in Sept w/ the free dining option... My question for you is about the Pepper Market.... Did you find it confusing? I heard about getting peices of paper and getting in punched w/ the food that you get. It sounds like a project... Is it??
TIA!

Jrabbit910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 06:58 AM   #11
Badllamamama
DIS Veteran

Thanks for sharing!!
Badllamamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 08:21 AM   #12
figment95
DIS Veteran
My coworkers just don't understand, but I do
Every time I listen to my TON CD I dream of Epcot
So does the TF

I just got back from a great sty at CSR too. We were in room 8250 so we were pratically neighbors. The resort is beautiful!! I loved getting up every morning and walking to the Pepper Market for my coffee. The lake at sunrise is just beautiful. My kids loved the pool; it is now their favorite. We really liked our room too. We sleep in a queen bed at home but the double was comfortable. I have mixed feelings about the Pepper Market. But, that's another story. I just want to warn anyone who may be planning to go: BEWARE You won't want to come home.
figment95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 08:38 AM   #13
PLibster

JRabbit- I don't think the PM is confusing. You will be seated by a CM, he/she will give you 2 envelope size tickets. You take these with you to the different food stations. When you order something the chef will ask for your ticket and they will stamp it. When you go to the next station and order they do the same thing. For example, I wanted chicken so I took the ticket and put in my order, the chef stamped my ticket, then my kids wanted pizza so they ordered and I gave the ticket to be stamped. When we were done the kids wanted dessert, so we took the ticket with us and went to the dessert station. We ordered, they stamped our ticket and we were done. As far as the waitress, all she did was get our drinks and pick up our plates. I don't mind the gratuity because I have been a waitress before. When we were done we just took the ticket to the cashier and she told us what we owed and that was it! The prices are clearly marked at each station. I think it is really fun to watch the food preparations. The PM is relaxing to me. You get huge portions as well. Oh, and the wings were awesome! I guess some people do not like to do things this way, but it doesn't bother my family. I know you will love the PM because you have free dining! Perfect place because its real food, not hamburgers and chicken fingers, .
Old 06-20-2006, 09:13 AM   #14
FINFAN
Mom to Tinkbell
Makes the best Apple Pie on her block!
My driver's license will say "Florida Resident" one day!
I blame Jaws

how did you store all your stuff for 12 days there? Are the 3 drawers enough room? Our kids will be 12 and 16...bringing an airmattress ( twin) I am torn as my kids want to stay at POP and DH would prefer a delux for room/Qbed/location to MK....thinking of doing a POP/CR split over our 10 days, but we are going during free DDP promo and it is not very economical to do a split stay on that rack rate plan...plus we have friends who recently went and said thier room was never cleaned properly...and they arenot that picky. We had that problem at CBR and REALLY do not care to repeat it!

Pam
Dan's IN to the Hall of Fame!

FINFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 11:37 AM   #15
Buzz2001
CSR MAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by figment95
I just got back from a great sty at CSR too. We were in room 8250 so we were pratically neighbors. The resort is beautiful!! I loved getting up every morning and walking to the Pepper Market for my coffee. The lake at sunrise is just beautiful. My kids loved the pool; it is now their favorite. We really liked our room too. We sleep in a queen bed at home but the double was comfortable. I have mixed feelings about the Pepper Market. But, that's another story. I just want to warn anyone who may be planning to go: BEWARE You won't want to come home.
Welcome back as well!! Glad you enjoyed your stay!!!
Buzz2001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: