Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2006, 07:40 PM   #16
swankybeth
Loves bubble tea!
Got my internship @ WDW!
Her Prince Charming proposed with a glass slipper and rose petals

Great reviews and fabulous pictures! Thanks for taking the time to post, looking forward to more.
Old 06-16-2006, 09:50 PM   #17
MINNIEBOWSER
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the reviews. I love your pictures, and that apple........AHHH!!!!!! I may need to try one on my next trip.

April 1979 - offsite ~ Sept. 1996 OKW ~ Oct. 2000 BWV ~ Dec. 2002 Polynesian ~ Nov. 2003 BCV ~
Nov. 2004 BCV ~ Oct. 2005 Polynesian ~ Nov. 2006 BCV ~ Feb. 2007 CSR ~ Nov. 2008 BCV
~ Jan. 2011 AKV/SSR ~ Feb. 2013 Polynesian
MINNIEBOWSER is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-16-2006, 11:22 PM   #18
Dustmouse
Proud DISer for 13 years!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufgator
Do you remember what sauce that was on your salmon at Brown Derby? It looks good, and I've never been to that restaurant.
I think the menu said it was balsamic butter sauce. It was kinda tangy and mixed well with the sharpness of the cheese and sun dried tomatoes. Served on a bowl of polenta it worked well for me. (That fact that I was hungry helped too, since I had only eaten a bagel and Continental Airlines mini turkey sandwich up until that point.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gosoxb
How did you find the service using the Dining Plan? I have seen a couple of comments that indicate servers weren't as attentive or friendly.
Service was hit and miss but I couldn't pinpoint it to the dining plan. When service seemed to be lacking it didn't appear that anyone around us was getting any better treatment either. CS CM's actually seemed to be the most helpful in making sure you knew what options you had. Despite some poor reviews recently, our service at Le Cellier was excellent! I would not hesitate to do the DDP again!

June 2001 *Swan* - June 2006 *Beach Club Villas* - June & October 2009 *All Star Sports & Contemporary MK View* - April 2011 *Pop Century* - November 2011 *Disney Dream & Polynesian* - June 2012 *Port Orleans Riverside & Beach Club* - March 2013 - *Disney Magic* - June 2013 *Offsite Timeshare* - November 2013 *Disney Wonder* -June 2014 *Disney Wonder to Alaska* - August 2014 *Port Orleans French Quarter & Disney Dream*
Dustmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 12:08 PM   #19
Merylj
DIS Veteran

Great reviews and love the pictures I`ll look forward to more
Merylj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 10:41 PM   #20
Dustmouse

Day 4 – Soarin’ to new adventure and Whispering for dinner

Today the DH took a break from cooking breakfast and visited the Beach Club Marketplace. He returned with two breakfast croissant sandwiches, a fresh fruit yogurt parfait and a box of Entemann’s chocolate doughnuts. Afraid to screw up any of his wife’s dining credits, he only used one snack credit for the doughnuts and paid OOP for the rest.

The parfait was VERY good! DH said it was made to order with fresh fruit of your choice (strawberries, blueberries or raspberries.) The yogurt had a hint of honey flavor and fruit was juicy and fresh. There was also fresh granola topping. I really enjoyed it! The breakfast sandwiches were reported tasty too and well, you can’t go wrong with a one-snack credit box of doughnuts, right?

After breakfast we headed to Epcot for the morning rope drop and cattle stampede towards Soarin’. (What an awesome attraction!) By 11:30am we were on the boat crossing the World Showcase Lagoon towards Japan.

I was excited to be surprising my family with a noon ADR at Teppanyaki! My youngest son is a budding young chef and my oldest is currently interested in all things Japanese, so I knew this was going to be a winner. After checking in, we were given a pager and seated in a large and nicely air-conditioned lobby. A few minutes before noon, most of the Teppan staff entered the lobby and conducted an opening ceremony, which really set the mood. We were quickly called and seated with a delightful family from Nashville, TN. A lovely server brought us warm towels to wash our hands with and warned that the table surface was hot and should not be touched. Drink orders were then taken and quickly delivered along with a sampling of seaweed salad. Surprisingly, DH really enjoyed it but the boys wouldn’t touch it. For appetizers, DH and I both ordered the garden salad and I convinced DS14 to try the Misoshiru soup. We both enjoyed the salad, which surprised me again, since DH is normally a ranch dressing die-hard. After some coaxing, DS14 tasted the soup and really liked it. (I personally didn’t care for it, but it was nice to see him expand his horizons.) Meanwhile, DS13 was still trying to convince our friends from Nashville that the seaweed salad came right from the bottom of the WS lagoon.

The chef then appeared and introduced himself. He was an older gentleman who was very likeable and good with the kids. DH, DS14 and I all ordered the steak and shrimp cooked medium and DS13 ordered the chicken. As the chef began to prepare the vegetables, Nashville quickly told him that they did not under any circumstances want mushrooms with theirs. GREAT, more for us! Which is exactly what the chef said. He continued to prepare veggies, noodles, meats and bean sprouts with flair and humor. Whenever he would miss a catch or something didn’t go just right he would say, “Boy, windy in here.” It was pretty funny! We were all served and everyone loved their entrée. I thought the fresh veggies were excellent and the meat was cooked medium as requested. For dessert, DH and DS14 both ordered the chestnut cake, DS13 got ice cream and I went with the fresh fruit.

Splurging on two TS meals in one day, we headed to the Wilderness Lodge later that evening for a 6:40pm ADR at the Whispering Canyon Café. After marveling at the impressive lobby, we checked in and were seated immediately.

The restaurant was hoppin’ and we immediately joined in on a round of the Hokey Pokey. Our server arrived shortly for drink orders and tossed napkins and straws over her shoulder at us as she walked away. Hmmm…so that’s how it’s gonna be, eh? She turned out to have a dry sense of humor that was pretty comical at times. DH & DS14 eager to get started ordered the Nachos while DS13 ordered the fried chicken wings. Everything you’ve heard about WCC’s nachos is true! The portion size is huge and could easily be the entrée or appetizer for four. Needless to say, we had lots of nachos left over. It’s a shame really because they were good! DS13 has really become a wing connoisseur lately and pronounced the wings as excellent. Since I planned early to order The Skillet, I was given a salad and cornbread. It was great and I had to fight off the family for the cornbread. I actually ended up telling our server that the cornbread thief was loose and stole mine which didn’t really get me much sympathy, but it did get me a second helping of cornbread. For an entrée, DH on what now seems like an all beef diet, orders the NY strip steak, as does DS13. They were both impressed with this meal and DH named this the best steak at WDW. The skillet was great all the way around and DS14 was very happy with the meatloaf. About that time, our charming server got really tired of refilling our glasses every 10 minutes and brought us out something a little more substantial!

The kids thought it was hilarious and didn’t feel left out for not having 100 ketchup bottles on the table. For dessert, the boys enjoyed chocolate shakes and I went for the kill with the Kahlua-flavored chocolate cake. No way I could get through it or it would have killed me!

Overall, our experience was good. The food was an A+, the atmosphere was an A, and service was a B. I would definitely go back!

Stay tuned for Episode 5 – Beaches & Scream and Le Cellier, eh?

June 2001 *Swan* - June 2006 *Beach Club Villas* - June & October 2009 *All Star Sports & Contemporary MK View* - April 2011 *Pop Century* - November 2011 *Disney Dream & Polynesian* - June 2012 *Port Orleans Riverside & Beach Club* - March 2013 - *Disney Magic* - June 2013 *Offsite Timeshare* - November 2013 *Disney Wonder* -June 2014 *Disney Wonder to Alaska* - August 2014 *Port Orleans French Quarter & Disney Dream*
Old 06-19-2006, 12:17 AM   #21
disneynewbee
DIS Veteran

You ate at alot of great places, thanks for the reviews. Can't wait to read the rest.

10/2004 ASMo, 11/2006 POP, 10/2009 POP, 11/2012 POP
disneynewbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 12:43 AM   #22
AussieAngel
DIS Veteran

Love the reviews! Can't wait to hear what you thought of Le Cellier!

If you don't mind me asking... how much was the giant Mickey rice crispie?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My 2006 trip report - Two Aussie First-Timers in Disney!
My 2009 dining report - Our delicious Disney deluxe dining adventures!
My 2009 trip report - Laughter, Tears & Screams - Two Aussies in Disney World!
AussieAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 09:10 AM   #23
steelmagnolia
Mouseketeer

Thank you for sharing your reviews and pictures. Both are great! The Kahlua cake picture brought back great memories and your Prime Time pictures have me rethinking my options!

steelmagnolia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 09:34 AM   #24
Mom2DS
WL Veteran

Dining reviews with pics are the best! Thanks so much for sharing yours. We're eating at some of the same places in August, so I'm happy to hear the great reviews. Now bring on the next installment!

Wilderness Lodge January 2003
Wilderness Lodge August 2006 w/free dining
Mom2DS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 09:54 AM   #25
budbeerlady
I call DH The STREAK!!
Sorry honey, no world series tonight, Poo Watch 2006 is going on!

Thanks for the pics, that really helps with our choices and i love to see others meals!!!
Nov 2013 1st Disney Run * Oct 2012 Dream'n Again * Oct 2011 Dd Birthday Cruise* Dec 2010 its all family! *August 2009 ASMu * Nov. 2008 Girls Trip POP * Aug 2008 CBR * Oct. 2007 POP for DD Birthday Trip * Dec. 2006 AKL * Dec. 2005 POFQ for 1st Family Trip* http://stretchingittotravel.wordpress.com/

budbeerlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 10:56 AM   #26
theycallmered
DIS Veteran

Ready and waiting for Episode 5. Can it get any better?!
2010 Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge, Kidani Village
2005 Disney's All Star Movies Resort
2002 Offsite
1997 Offsite
1997 Offsite
1996 Offisite
1993 Offsite
1983 Disney's Contemporary Resort
(\_/)
(o.O) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny to your signature
(> <) to help him achieve world domination
theycallmered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 11:19 AM   #27
Dustmouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieAngel
Love the reviews! Can't wait to hear what you thought of Le Cellier!

If you don't mind me asking... how much was the giant Mickey rice crispie?
Hey Aussie, thanks for the feedback. The rice krispie we had was $9.99 but you can also get one without chocolate for a little less or another one with a chocolate impression of Mickey's face "glued" on top for a few dollars more. Ours was excellent and in my opinion worth the $!

Old 06-19-2006, 12:31 PM   #28
tbthomps
Cinderella Wannabe

Thumbs up Awesome Reviews...

Your reviews are fabulous and the pictures made me hungry!!

Glad you had a great trip....I'm looking forward to trying the DDP in September.

Thanks for taking the time to report!!!

Thompson Trio
DH, DW (me), and DD(14)
tbthomps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 02:19 PM   #29
flamestarrdust
DIS Veteran

Your reviews are terrific! I can't wait to read more!

AUGUST 2010 TR! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post38036065
AUGUST 2010 PTR!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post36865082
JULY 4th 2006 Cali Grill Event! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1157941[/SIZE][[/SIZE][/SIZE]
flamestarrdust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 02:23 PM   #30
Pooh_Friend#1
Check out my year round tan!

Great reviews!!! I can't wait for #5, keep them coming.
Pooh_Friend#1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: