Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-2006, 10:00 AM   #1
lorapinky
DIS Veteran

Disney World DVDs...did you buy them?

Hi everyone,

When I was in Disney I kept seeing these Disney DVDs that had each park on them. You could literally sit in your living room and watch every attraction as if you were there.

I am curious if anyone actually bought them?

I was tempted but they were a little costly and I thought if I had access to something like that at home I would never stop watching it and maybe become too familiar with everything whilst not actually experiencing that magic in real life?

Don’t get me wrong, I may well buy them next year when I am there, as I would to be able to go home now and watch Tarzan rocks or watch Splash Mountain in action...

Any thought anyone?

Disney Paris Santa Fe November 2003

Disney wedding September 5th 2005

Disney All Star Movies 1st September 2005 - 18th September.

Disney All Star Movies 5th September - 23rd September 2007.

It is better to beg for forgiveness then to ask for permission - Disneys Hunchback of Notre Dame
lorapinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 12:22 PM   #2
Miffy2003
I've got Saratoga Springs - makes me smile every time I log on!
Yumtastic!!

Yes, I did. They were about $90 if we are talking about the same ones? Mine had 4 separate DVDs for each park and a bonus DL 50 years of magic DVD.

They were very disappointing insofar as I expected them to cover all the rides & attractions in detail, and they really didn't. To be honest, for the money I have a far better time watching my "free" WDW Trip Planning DVD
Register to remove

Old 06-10-2006, 04:11 PM   #3
Mickey1122
Walt Disney World Fan

The trip planning DVD...is that the one with the white box and the four hosts. That was funny. The park DVDs were appealing because I thought they would show the shows, but when I realized they had about twenty minutes of footage only we decided against them.
Old 06-11-2006, 03:14 AM   #4
Gonz Of Lancashire
In no way connected with London

There is a DVD you can buy from The Laughing Place which costs $105, is 20 hours long and shows all the parks, rides, shows etc. Now apparently it's meant to be really good, but the only thing putting me off is like the OP said, it might be the familiarity of the place that makes your next trip there a touch less special. There are rides & shows that we haven't seen/been on that might be ruined by seeing a surprise ending, so the jury is out as to wether I buy it or not. Watched a video on YouTube of the Wishes fireworks and Fantasmic! which had clear sound and decent picture quality, but didn't save it as it's something we all look forward to seeing on our holidays. We have the trip planning video with Ben from GMTV, which my daughter watches quite a bit, well quite a lot actually, and I think that's quite informative without giving too much away.

Don't buy The Sun.
Gonz Of Lancashire is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: