Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-2006, 12:38 PM   #1
ozziewags
I'm a believer!!
I Love Disney!
Tag Fairies know all, see all and TELL all, so watch what you say!! ;)

Wink Just back...CSR! Great stay!

Rather than add another page to the "not recommended" CSR post, I am posting my experience on a new thread.
My DH and I (both over 50) just got back from 6 days at CSR and had a great time. We arrived around 1pm on Mon., Memorial Day, and our front desk CM was very nice. I had requested Casitas, but they had put us in 9B. (Cabanas) From these boards I knew that 9B was the most requested and since it was ready for us, I said fine. She said if we had other requests we could wait until a different room opened up. We wanted to hit the pool and relax so we went to our room in 9B. It was on the bottom floor and it was very clean (all week). We have stayed at several deluxes and CBR as well as the Swan and Dolphin. This trip we wanted to save a few dollars for some home improvements so went with a mod. We were very happy with it, as it is beautiful, the pool was never crowded, and the bus transportation was very good. (an aside......CBR bus transportation was a nightmare, as was WL) 9B was close to PM, front desk, bus stop and a short walk over the bridge to the pool. Perfect for us. DH loved the hammock in front of our room.
BTW, they had to trap the alligator and send him off as people were taking pictures of him with their kids and doing lots of strange things that were not safe. He was actually only 4' long. But he is gone!
We were on the dining plan and Pepper Market was the best deal for dining. We both loved it. The pecan rolls were awesome and we always took one back from lunch for our breakfast the next day and had coffee in our room. We both tried many different things and they were all good. For those that think it is pricey, they are probably correct, but for the dining plan it was ideal. PM would be a perfect place to share food as you get large portions. If I had it to do over, I would have made a couple signature restaurant ADRs and shared PM lunches. We also ate at Maya Grill and liked it too. I had the Mixed Grill, which was great, but enough for about 4 people. DH had the Steak and fish which he liked too. Both had Marguaritas which were huge and wonderful.
The night we went to Illuminations we staked out a place on the lower level patio next to the bridge near Rose and Crown and sat next to 3 people, one of whom was the manager-intern of CSR. Very, very nice and willing to answer any questions I had about the resort, even though it was his "time off." (that's how I found out about the status of the alligator) We never encountered an unhappy or rude CM anywhere at the resort. I probably would have mentioned it to Joe if I had. He did say that they are almost always at 100% occupancy due to conventions. It is their #1 business. It is also what keeps the pool and busses empty most of the time.
I think you can experience good or bad times at almost any resort at any time, depending on the circumstances. I only hope everyone can have a wonderful time no matter where they stay.
Old 06-05-2006, 01:08 PM   #2
laura001
DIS Veteran
I had my birthday 242 days ago and I don't run like a duck, does that count??
I came in here to see what was wrong with the bananas

Thanks so much for posting this!!
Register to remove

Old 06-05-2006, 01:12 PM   #3
kmermaid
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the review! I can't wait to try CSR in August
kmermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 01:22 PM   #4
laurabelle

Survivor
GAGWTA!

Sounds like you had a magical stay! We are looking forward to our 2nd stay there in Aug.
We'll have the DDP, and I notice you mentioned getting pecan rolls with lunch and saving them for breakfast.
What other desserts were offered? Did you use any snack options at PM?
Old 06-05-2006, 01:44 PM   #5
ozziewags
I'm a believer!!
I Love Disney!
Tag Fairies know all, see all and TELL all, so watch what you say!! ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurabelle
Sounds like you had a magical stay! We are looking forward to our 2nd stay there in Aug.
We'll have the DDP, and I notice you mentioned getting pecan rolls with lunch and saving them for breakfast.
What other desserts were offered? Did you use any snack options at PM?
Desserts were one bakery item. They had croissants, danish, cheesecake, cinnamon rolls, a wonderful custard-filled croissant topped with fruit and toasted almonds, 3 types of chocolate cake, strawberry cake, key lime tart and probably a few others I can't remember. There is a convenient mart right next to PM and has lots of snack options. The only ones I used were for bananas and the CM told me that they weren't the best option for a snack credit! (which I knew, but that's what dh wanted for breakfast and we had so many left that it didn't matter at that point!) They had rice crispie treats, banana bread, chips, fruit and ice cream bars. The snack credits were also good for Panchitos(the gift shop). I purchased a bag of Chip n Dale pretzels there which were Mickey heads. (with a snack credit) They also had some other treats like a box of cookies that were similar to Oreos with Mickey heads on them. Hope this helps.
Old 06-05-2006, 01:49 PM   #6
Quinn222
DIS Veteran

Glad to hear you had a great visit. We just decided to switch our December reservation from POR back to CSR to avoid Pop Warner. We had a great stay at CSR last December so I'm looking forward to it.

CSR – 2005, AM – 2006, POR – 2006, WL – 2006, FW – 2006, CSR – 2007, POR – 2007, YC – 2007, CSR – 2007, WL - 2008
Quinn222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 01:56 PM   #7
Iluvthemouse
DIS Veteran

I am so glad to hear your glowing review. I was starting to have sceond thoughts staying here in September for the first time. Now I am feeling more confident we will like CSR..
Iluvthemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 02:00 PM   #8
laurabelle

Survivor
GAGWTA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozziewags
Desserts were one bakery item. They had croissants, danish, cheesecake, cinnamon rolls, a wonderful custard-filled croissant topped with fruit and toasted almonds, 3 types of chocolate cake, strawberry cake, key lime tart and probably a few others I can't remember. There is a convenient mart right next to PM and has lots of snack options. The only ones I used were for bananas and the CM told me that they weren't the best option for a snack credit! (which I knew, but that's what dh wanted for breakfast and we had so many left that it didn't matter at that point!) They had rice crispie treats, banana bread, chips, fruit and ice cream bars. The snack credits were also good for Panchitos(the gift shop). I purchased a bag of Chip n Dale pretzels there which were Mickey heads. (with a snack credit) They also had some other treats like a box of cookies that were similar to Oreos with Mickey heads on them. Hope this helps.
Thanks so much! That is really helpful, as my kids aren't big cooked breakfast eaters and I want to use snack options/desserts for some breakfasts.
Old 06-05-2006, 03:16 PM   #9
Buzz2001
CSR MAN!!

Great review!!

Thanks for sharing!!
Buzz2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 05:36 PM   #10
Micca
You gotta love a great plan like that
Will be spending some time with George Harrison
I have known whack-a-doodles in my day

DW and I also enjoy CSR. So pleased to hear you like it too.
Micca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 08:36 PM   #11
dolphin01
Mouseketeer

Thanks for sharing!
dolphin01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 04:48 AM   #12
Lilolvr
DIS Veteran

Thanks for a great review!!
Lilolvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 04:58 AM   #13
Buzz2001
CSR MAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinn222
Glad to hear you had a great visit. We just decided to switch our December reservation from POR back to CSR to avoid Pop Warner. We had a great stay at CSR last December so I'm looking forward to it.
Is that were all the Pop Warner kids stay?
Old 06-06-2006, 04:59 AM   #14
Buzz2001
CSR MAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozziewags
They no longer limit you to either a cookie or muffin for dessert? That's good to know!!!
Old 06-06-2006, 05:04 AM   #15
laurabelle

Survivor
GAGWTA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ********
Is that were all the Pop Warner kids stay?
It was last year...if I remember correctly, PW kids stayed at the values and the PO resorts...that's how I ended up switching to CSR for our first stay there.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: