Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-23-2006, 08:45 AM   #1
TLHB70
Let me be known by the Company I keep, eclipsed by YOUR presence that I may decrease
I really like a lot of the music they play out around the park

For those who have visited Seattle, which Seattle town car service have you used?

DH and I are going on a cruise that leaves Seattle. We will be flying into the Seattle airport, and we are looking at getting a town car service to pick us up at the airport and bring us to our hotel. Originally we had planned to just take a taxi, but I have decided against that now. Our flight lands late, almost 10 PM. I thought that a town car would probably be better for late night transfer. I posted this question on a cruise web site message board, but no one replied. I am hoping some of my DIS friends will have suggestions.
Have you ever used a town car service in Seattle? If so, how was the service? Do you recommend them? If so, what is the company name?

Thanks!
Old 05-23-2006, 09:01 AM   #2
chasbos
DIS Cast Member
I hate snow! Why do I live in Canada - I do not know!
Fish is the all time gag me item on a pizza!

I do not have a recommendation for you - sorry.

But I am curious as to the responses you get as we are flying into Seattle on July 2 for a west coast vacation and I was thinking of using a Town Car Service also.

I do have a Seattle Visitors Guide that has 10 businesses listed - but I am not sure if I am allowed to name them on this site??

If you would like to PM me, I could give you a few of the websites.

I have not checked any of them out yet - but maybe I should get on that, we do leave in 6 weeks!
chasbos is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-23-2006, 03:06 PM   #3
TLHB70
Let me be known by the Company I keep, eclipsed by YOUR presence that I may decrease

Thanks for the offer, chasbos. I have the Seattle's visitors' guide also. I have looked at each of the web sites listed for those companies. I was just hoping that I could get some personal experience feedback from others to help make the decision. So far, no one has been able to offer suggestions. I may just have to pick one and go for it.
I did call one of the companies. I left a message saying I was interested in booking. The man has NEVER returned my call. I guess that rules that company out!
Old 05-23-2006, 04:59 PM   #4
chasbos
DIS Cast Member
I hate snow! Why do I live in Canada - I do not know!
Fish is the all time gag me item on a pizza!

I did a quick search today and got a few quotes on line. But I am not sure who to choose either. Which company did not call you back??

There are 6 of us so I was thinking the 8 person limo or maybe just the Shuttle Express.

Problem is, I do not even know how far the airport is away from the hotel! I know we paid $280 return for a 10 person white stretch limo from MCO to Port Canaveral for our Disney cruise and that is about a 1 hour drive.

I was quoted anywhere from $75 - $124 for a limo. But I can't see the airport being very far from downtown.

We will also need transportation from the hotel to the Amtrak station the next morning and was thinking maybe just a taxi for that.

Hopefully some wonderful DIS'er from the Seattle info will have some info for us.
chasbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 05:22 PM   #5
grlpwrd
I'm here for the mouse more than the Fairy
Yeah? But can the mouse do this?
~*~The Tag Fairy~*~
I'm part treehugger

My MIL has had numerous good experiences with Shuttle Express between Kirkland and Seattle. They have always been courteous and on time. Our friends and neighbors there have used them, too, as they are very reputable.

www.shuttleexpress.com/index.html
grlpwrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 07:03 AM   #6
TLHB70

Thank you for that information, grlpwrd. I will check on them today.

Chasbos, Cascade was the company that didn't return my call.

Let me know if you find out anything helpful!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: