Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2006, 06:00 PM   #1
lilybeth11602
Mouseketeer

Unhappy how to redeem Disney Visa rewards

I just got the Disney Visa and I know you get 1 point for every $100 you spend but no one seems to know how much the points are worth when you use them in Disney. Can anyone help?
lilybeth11602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 07:16 PM   #2
mathgeek
DIS Veteran

1 point = $1

Just make sure that you transfer them to a Rewards card before you go (you can order one on the phone or online). And leave enough time for it to be mailed to you.

"Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." -Walter Elias Disney
mathgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-22-2006, 09:19 PM   #3
pooh2001
been there, done that, TRYING to go back

You get a card from Disney Visa Rewards. It looks like a credit card - but more like a gift card worth $xxxxx. You can call Visa Rewards after you receive your card to add any extra points earned.

At WDW, we use our card for meals - but you have to keep track of what amount is left on the card (like a gift card).
You can also use it to help pay for your WDW resort.

Check out:
http://www.chase.com/ccp/index.jsp?p...ge/home_disney
per web-site
"Earn 1% or more in Disney Dream Reward DollarsSM on card purchases. Reward dollars are good at Disney Store, DisneyStore.com, Disney catalog, Disneyland® and Walt Disney World® Resorts - including theme parks and Disney Cruise Line®."
Old 05-22-2006, 09:29 PM   #4
3AmigosMom
Mouseketeer

As stated above, make sure you order your card at least 2 weeks before your trip (if not alittle more). Then when you are ready to redeem your dollars for a trip, transfer whatever portion you'd like of your earned amount to the card. It's been easiest for us to just give the CM our card upon checkin and they will put it towards your account for your room charges. Just came back a few days ago and our Disney rewards paid for our DDP!!!
3AmigosMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 07:35 PM   #5
Yvette Q.O.D.
Queen of Disney!

redemption

On our last trip about 2 1/2 years ago we redeemed ours at WDW. We went to guest relations at Downtown Dis they gave me a credit card with a number on it and a phone # to call from their line. I gave Chase my CC # and my Dis reward card # they transfered all my pionts while I was on the phone with them. I may have had to wait 24 hours to use it but before we left we paid part of our hotel bill with the rewards.

This trip in 10 days we will be paying for Disney items to decorate our travel trailor with our rewards. We'll be in FW and can't wait.

They told me to keep the reward card and any time I want to transfer the dollars just call and they will do it. I'll be calling them soon, hope it works out just as easy this time as last. And good luck to you.

Yvette
Old 05-23-2006, 09:44 PM   #6
disneychrista
BL6 Red Team Captain
Disneyland is my Home
Birthdays are for kids of all ages
I have always been a big Kermit the Frog Fan

Remember that the rewards card (and rewards on them) expire the December of the year after you get that rewards card. Meaning a card that you go in October 2005 will expire December 2006. A card you get today will expire December 2007.
disneychrista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 12:33 PM   #7
jisom12
Mouseketeer

Just in case you didn't know: You can obtain a disney rewards card at Guest relations at Downtown Disney. I did this in Nov 2003 when my reward card didn't make it in time for my trip. They will also load all your points that you've earned to date if you wish.
jisom12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 02:55 AM   #8
laurabelle

Survivor
GAGWTA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jisom12
Just in case you didn't know: You can obtain a disney rewards card at Guest relations at Downtown Disney. I did this in Nov 2003 when my reward card didn't make it in time for my trip. They will also load all your points that you've earned to date if you wish.
I did this in 2004. I need to get a new Rewards Card before my next trip. I assume they still do this...has anyone gotten their Rewards Card issued at DTD recently?
Old 05-27-2006, 03:20 AM   #9
KimRaye
DIS Sponsor*Silver
Still a Late Nite DISer
Just a simple hello
Enjoys a good Yankee Candle night

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurabelle
I did this in 2004. I need to get a new Rewards Card before my next trip. I assume they still do this...has anyone gotten their Rewards Card issued at DTD recently?
A DIS friend of mine did with no problem.

KimRaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 10:53 AM   #10
Ava's Mommy
Umm ... i love it

Question Confused

I just signed up for my Disney CC. So what do i do about the rewards? What Card do i need to get before I go, and ..... i'm just not sure how this works at all. Very confused

Mickey Mouse

Take this quiz!
Ava's Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 12:12 AM   #11
KimRaye
DIS Sponsor*Silver
Still a Late Nite DISer
Just a simple hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ava's Mommy
I just signed up for my Disney CC. So what do i do about the rewards? What Card do i need to get before I go, and ..... i'm just not sure how this works at all. Very confused
Congrats!

First, you have to receive the CC, then use it, earn rewards, and wait for your first statement before ordering the Rewards card. You have to transfer at least $10 in rewards ($1,000 in charges) the first time. When you get that amount (may be the same time you order the card, depending on your charges), transfer the Visa rewards to your Disney Rewards card. It's like a re-loadable gift card, but it does expire, so watch that also.

Sorry if that confused you further. Keep asking tho, someone might explain better than me.

Also, much of the above can be done online as well, by registering with Chase online.

Old 05-28-2006, 01:23 AM   #12
disneychrista
BL6 Red Team Captain
Disneyland is my Home
Birthdays are for kids of all ages
I have always been a big Kermit the Frog Fan

Actually, unless it has been changed, you have to have $20 in rewards to request a card. Once you have the card you can then transfer any amount over $10.
disneychrista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 07:10 PM   #13
Boston5602
DIS Veteran

this may be a dumb question , but are the reward points counted by what has been charged or payed on the account. I earn 1 point for every dollar at AMEX but I could charge $4,000.00 and if I pay $75.00 a month to pay it I only earn 50 points a month not the 4000 points I will earn by what I charged.

So if I charge $4,000.00 on my visa and payed $100.00 next month what would I have for reward points 40 or 1 ?

Thanks for your help
Old 06-17-2006, 01:26 AM   #14
KimRaye
DIS Sponsor*Silver
Still a Late Nite DISer
Just a simple hello

Reward $s are earned on what is charged, not paid. You Reward $s are posted right after your statement is issued, so payment is not the factor.

Old 06-17-2006, 01:28 AM   #15
KimRaye
DIS Sponsor*Silver
Still a Late Nite DISer
Just a simple hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychrista
Actually, unless it has been changed, you have to have $20 in rewards to request a card. Once you have the card you can then transfer any amount over $10.
That IS correct, and I apologize for omitting that info.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: