Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-15-2007, 09:44 AM   #856
wasabi girl
Mouseketeer
I can't get in the shower if the shower curtain is already wet

Starwood

Thanks for the photos of the 20,000 Leagues ride. I did not get to go on as a child (I fainted in the line...it was HOT that day) and when I got to go back in 2005, it was gone. I wish they would have reopened it.
Old 07-15-2007, 11:41 AM   #857
starwood
This mouse GOT her next cruise
I won't even tell my DH what I'm doing. He already thinks I'm nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi girl View Post
Starwood

Thanks for the photos of the 20,000 Leagues ride. I did not get to go on as a child (I fainted in the line...it was HOT that day) and when I got to go back in 2005, it was gone. I wish they would have reopened it.
There are rumors that with the recent reactivation of the subs at DL that they are thinking of bringing back WDW subs but I think I'll believe it when I see it.

Environmentallity Begins With You
starwood is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-15-2007, 11:55 AM   #858
nenner1
I must've been distracted by the Cafe Press Logo Thong talk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by starwood View Post
There are rumors that with the recent reactivation of the subs at DL that they are thinking of bringing back WDW subs but I think I'll believe it when I see it.
Gosh, I really hope that is the case....I think I read somewhere that the buried the old Nautilus subs And of course they have filled in the lagoon to make the Pooh's corner play area, so they would have to start over from scratch. It would be wonderful but I don't think they will do it, it would be a lot of work and a lot more $$$. It seems to me that Disney is almost beginning to emphasize the differences between DL and WDW in order to get more people to attend both. Living so close to WDW, we never considered planning a trip to DL in the past.....but now, with so many different attractions and differences in the rides, we are considering planning a DL trip....

Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas 9/2011- NEW! TRIP REPORT! - Disney Magic 7 Night Western 10/2010: Trip Report - Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas 1/2010: Trip Report and Videos - Disney Magic 7 Night Western Double Dip 09/08: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 3 Night Bahamas 10/07: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas 03/07: Trip Report
nenner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 10:35 PM   #859
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Quote:
I thought that the Pooh play area has taken over where the 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea used to be?
tinkgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 10:43 PM   #860
WeatherbySwann
Cacaw rawr

Subscribing! This is a great thread!
Old 07-16-2007, 06:21 AM   #861
starwood
This mouse GOT her next cruise
I won't even tell my DH what I'm doing. He already thinks I'm nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
I thought that the Pooh play area has taken over where the 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea used to be?
It did - but there are lots of rumors flying around that this was only temporary until they came up with a final idea of what to do with the area. Another rumor for the area is that it is going to be a Little Mermaid themed area. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Environmentallity Begins With You
starwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 09:16 AM   #862
Pirate Me

"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb."
Did no one come to save me just because they missed me?

Quote:
It did - but there are lots of rumors flying around that this was only temporary until they came up with a final idea of what to do with the area. Another rumor for the area is that it is going to be a Little Mermaid themed area. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
I think I've heard of it turning into a Little Mermaid area as well...

Home Resort: BCV
"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of
view . . . until you climb into his skin and walk around in it." -Atticus Finch
Pirate Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 12:13 PM   #863
WickedWench
Ruthless Pirate turned Polynesian Princess

I thought they filled in the hole.. It wouldn't make sense to fill it in if any of those rumors are true.

View my Disney photos here.

Early 2010 ????? / Oct 2007 Polynesian & Animal Kingdom Lodge / Oct 2005 Grand Californian / June 2003 Boardwalk Inn / 1988 Grand Floridian / 1987, 1986 Polynesian / 1985 Treehouses / 1984 Contemporary & Polynesian / 1983, 1982, 1981 Polynesian / 1980 Fort Wilderness / 1979, 1978 Polynesian / 1977 Contemporary / May 1976 Polynesian

WickedWench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 12:52 PM   #864
Sabres2008
Formerly dmk1021

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenner1 View Post
t seems to me that Disney is almost beginning to emphasize the differences between DL and WDW in order to get more people to attend both.
Actually, IMO, it's quite the opposite. See the "Disney Parks" merchandise and advertising which pervaded all US Disney theme parks at the beginning of the YoaMD "celebration." Thankfully, this is/has been slowly removed from the parks.

There are definitely different attractions, but for the most part, in recent years attractions added have not been so unique, particularly at DCA, where a lot of the new attractions have gone (simply not a lot of room for expansion at DL park). ToT, ITTBAB, Turtle Talk with Crush, Playhouse Disney, Muppetvision...DCA is filled with many WDW clones. DL park is where you'll find many of the classic originals that are missing from MK such as Storybookland, Alice, Pinocchio, Mr. Toad...and rides that are way plussed compared to MK (HM, PoTC).

It is absolutely worth visiting DL if you're "used to" WDW. I visited twice last year alone (not easy for an East Coast-er). We'll see how the differentiation between the parks goes with Disney management in the coming months and years, though. This past year was rough with the "Disney Parks" thing, but it seems they may have learned the err of their ways.

"I may have invented these bifocals I'm wearing, but I can assure you they're not rose-colored" -Ben Franklin, The American Adventure
Sabres2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 02:10 PM   #865
nenner1
I must've been distracted by the Cafe Press Logo Thong talk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabres2008 View Post
Actually, IMO, it's quite the opposite. See the "Disney Parks" merchandise and advertising which pervaded all US Disney theme parks at the beginning of the YoaMD "celebration." Thankfully, this is/has been slowly removed from the parks.

There are definitely different attractions, but for the most part, in recent years attractions added have not been so unique, particularly at DCA, where a lot of the new attractions have gone (simply not a lot of room for expansion at DL park). ToT, ITTBAB, Turtle Talk with Crush, Playhouse Disney, Muppetvision...DCA is filled with many WDW clones. DL park is where you'll find many of the classic originals that are missing from MK such as Storybookland, Alice, Pinocchio, Mr. Toad...and rides that are way plussed compared to MK (HM, PoTC).

It is absolutely worth visiting DL if you're "used to" WDW. I visited twice last year alone (not easy for an East Coast-er). We'll see how the differentiation between the parks goes with Disney management in the coming months and years, though. This past year was rough with the "Disney Parks" thing, but it seems they may have learned the err of their ways.

You're definitely right about the merchandising, YOaMD, and DCA...I didn't think about it in that perspective. I do think (hope!) maybe they have realized that different is good!! I am excited to get over to DL and check it out!!

Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas 9/2011- NEW! TRIP REPORT! - Disney Magic 7 Night Western 10/2010: Trip Report - Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas 1/2010: Trip Report and Videos - Disney Magic 7 Night Western Double Dip 09/08: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 3 Night Bahamas 10/07: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas 03/07: Trip Report
nenner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 11:27 AM   #866
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenner1 View Post
Gosh, I really hope that is the case....I think I read somewhere that the buried the old Nautilus subs And of course they have filled in the lagoon to make the Pooh's corner play area, so they would have to start over from scratch. It would be wonderful but I don't think they will do it, it would be a lot of work and a lot more $$$. It seems to me that Disney is almost beginning to emphasize the differences between DL and WDW in order to get more people to attend both. Living so close to WDW, we never considered planning a trip to DL in the past.....but now, with so many different attractions and differences in the rides, we are considering planning a DL trip....

They weren't buried. I saw a picture and a thread, (it might of been on DIS boards) that they are laying out back behind one of the theme parks. The ysiad that sometimes cast members climb around on them. (I don'tthinl they are supposed to though). I can't remember where I saw this, but it wasn't too long ago.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 10:14 PM   #868
bentleygirl22
disney queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by yearbook50 View Post
That is WDW. I remember it being like that when I was a kid.
I miss the old Fantasyland.

Once I visit home, I'll get all my old pictures.
Thats how I remember it as a kid also. I wish my kids could have seen the way it used to be ....
To many Disney Trips to name them all. Here's a few of our Favorites!! ENJOY! 2000-2006 & 2012- now lived in Orlando! weekly vists Sept 2007 video = PoP Century 10 days Free Dining Trip report HereSept 2008= PoP Century 11 days Video Free Dining Trip report here Sept 2009= PoP Century 14 days video Free Dining Trip report here Dec 2009 All Star Sports 5 days video photosPart 1 Part 2 May 2010= Wilderness Lodge,8 day photos Days 1&2 Days 2,3 &4 Days 4&5 day 5 Days 6, 7 & 8Sept 2010[/B]= PoP Century 4-12 photos Days 1-8& photopass March 20 2011 port Orleans May 21 -29 2011 Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort Video Sept 11-19 2011 POP Video march 16-18,2012 Caribbean Beach Resort May11 2012 Beach club May 14, 2012 Disney Cruise on The Magic Sept 2012 not sure yet [COLOR="red"]
bentleygirl22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 10:24 PM   #869
bentleygirl22
disney queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeping Becca View Post
[url]

Topiaries on the way to the MK parking lot 1980.
OMG!!!!!! Thanks for posting this photo . I so remember those as a kid and i tried tell my hubby about it once and he didn't understand now he can see what i was talking about ....
To many Disney Trips to name them all. Here's a few of our Favorites!! ENJOY! 2000-2006 & 2012- now lived in Orlando! weekly vists Sept 2007 video = PoP Century 10 days Free Dining Trip report HereSept 2008= PoP Century 11 days Video Free Dining Trip report here Sept 2009= PoP Century 14 days video Free Dining Trip report here Dec 2009 All Star Sports 5 days video photosPart 1 Part 2 May 2010= Wilderness Lodge,8 day photos Days 1&2 Days 2,3 &4 Days 4&5 day 5 Days 6, 7 & 8Sept 2010[/B]= PoP Century 4-12 photos Days 1-8& photopass March 20 2011 port Orleans May 21 -29 2011 Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort Video Sept 11-19 2011 POP Video march 16-18,2012 Caribbean Beach Resort May11 2012 Beach club May 14, 2012 Disney Cruise on The Magic Sept 2012 not sure yet [COLOR="red"]
bentleygirl22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 07:01 PM   #870
Piglets Mommy
New Rule:
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP. That way when someone does the delete of nevermind edit we know what was there.

subscribing! THese pics bring back great memories.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: