Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2008, 04:12 PM   #1
KelleyGirl
Mouseketeer

Who listens to Disney theme park music?

4 days a week, while working, I tune into live365 to listen to Disney theme park music. I don't think I will ever get tired of it! But I do wonder, is it taking the magic away? Will I not be as excited that first time I step aboard the monorail, because I have listened to the text of it almost every day since my last trip?

My husband has this rule - the kids can't watch any Christmas shows until Thanksgiving. When we were kids (oh, so long ago in the 70s and 80s), we had to wait until Rudolph came on TV. You had one shot to see it, and that was it. He tries tries to keep the anticipation alive by asking that we don't watch anything on DVD until after Thanksgiving. Actually, its become quite fun waiting for the day.

But, back to the point, is listening to Disney them park music at home like watching Christmas movies all year long? Will it take away the magic?
KelleyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 04:52 PM   #2
liquid
Mouseketeer

We bought the WDW Official Album in September 2007 and then went back in April 2008 - and it did not ruin it in any way!!! In a way it was even more exciting!

We also have the Spectromagic and Reflections of Earth music, and I think that getting more familiar with the music enhanced the experience for us when we were there. Now I just need to get Wishes on CD and I will be happy! And we also listen to the Greatest Hits CDs quite a bit - a lot of good memories in those as well!

ETA: We also keep all the Christmas music/movies for the period between Thanksgiving and New Years and I do think that it makes the holiday season more special. Maybe the difference is that I know that Christmas comes every year - but I can't be sure when we are getting back to WDW!

April 1980 October 1987 September 2005 September 2007 April 2008

Planning a Moms-only weekend July 11-14, 2008!!!

liquid is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-03-2008, 05:10 PM   #3
bytheblood
DIS Veteran

I listen to Subsonic Radio while I am working. It does not kill the magic for me, but I do get tired of hearing Pirates, Haunted Mansion and some of the awful stuff people pick over and over and over and over and over and over in the same day.
bytheblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 05:21 PM   #4
mazdabug
DIS Veteran

I listen to Disney park music everyday at work. Either on iphone or cd in my truck. About all i listen too.
2005 - POFQ,2006 - CSR, 2007 - AKL ( Disneymoon ) MNSSHP Oct 11-12, 2008 - Pop Century MVMCP Nov29 - Dec3, 2008 - Pop May18-19, 2009 - SSR May 2010-
Pop Century Dec12-15, 2013
mazdabug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 05:33 PM   #5
I'mAlittleBitGoofy
Official DISney addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelleyGirl View Post
4 days a week, while working, I tune into live365 to listen to Disney theme park music. I don't think I will ever get tired of it! But I do wonder, is it taking the magic away? Will I not be as excited that first time I step aboard the monorail, because I have listened to the text of it almost every day since my last trip?

My husband has this rule - the kids can't watch any Christmas shows until Thanksgiving. When we were kids (oh, so long ago in the 70s and 80s), we had to wait until Rudolph came on TV. You had one shot to see it, and that was it. He tries tries to keep the anticipation alive by asking that we don't watch anything on DVD until after Thanksgiving. Actually, its become quite fun waiting for the day.

But, back to the point, is listening to Disney them park music at home like watching Christmas movies all year long? Will it take away the magic?
We listen to all the theme park music in the car. We've bought some great CD's over the years. We love Fantasmic and Wishes the best! lol
Old 07-03-2008, 05:49 PM   #6
mountdew1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelleyGirl View Post
Well, I listen to either Disney Music or Christmas Music about 50 percent of the time at work. I still look forward to both whenever they arrive. If you listen to Disney Music, I recommend locating some of the more random music such as background loops as they are enough to bring you back to the parks, but not as jarring as listening to Pirates 50 times a day. There is more than enough music to locate between all the parks and the last 30 odd years to not get overwhelmed.
mountdew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 05:54 PM   #7
DisTeach
Mouseketeer

I listen to my park cds ALL the time! My sister makes fun of me. In turn, I make fun of her early 90s pop, so we're even.
Old 07-03-2008, 05:55 PM   #8
joshsmom
I baked a cake, put on respectable clothing, and I'm ringing the bell!
Has several really odd traits - typical DISer
I'm a blubbering, sentimental MESS!!!

We can't do streaming audio at work so I listen to Wishes, Fantasmic!, Illuminations, Spectro and Happiest Celebration on Earth CD's at work. When I come home and I'm on the computer, I listen to Subsonic. I never get tired of the music and its never ruined my experience for when we go back either!! Its fun to recognize the different songs around the World!

We, too, keep our Halloween and Christmas movies for special times of the year. However, I have to confess that we cheated and watched Haunted Mansion last week!!
Summer 1989--Off property April 1990--Off property June 1993--Off property September 2001--ASMo April 2003--GKTW January 2004--ASMo May 2005--ASMo May 2006--ASMo May 2007--ASMo August 2008--ASMo May 2010--ASMo November 2010--Contemporary May 2012--ASMu August 2013--ASMo June 2014--ASMu March 2015 Disneyland! Camelot Inn
joshsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 06:00 PM   #9
Shelton123
Ahh girly drama *runs away*
yeah yeah yeah I know I'm so damn original blah blah blah
A zipline? What do you mean a zipline? That's preposterous; I thought everyone knew that she flies!

There's a radio station where you listen to the songs playing in DisneyWorld? I had no clue, thanks for informing me!

Shelton123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 06:04 PM   #10
Epcot242
Mouseketeer

It's great to have and I do listen to it because it brings back great memories and just makes me feel... good. But I can see what you mean when you say it good diminish the "special-ness" of it. What I try to do is listen more to music of rides that aren't at the parks anymore or of the older park ambiance music. Overall though, it really doesn't make the music any less special. If anything it really gets me pumped about the trip!

“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.”

It's kind of fun to do the impossible.
--Walt Disney

Epcot242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 06:23 PM   #11
chocovrdmicears
DIS Veteran

I listen to LIVE365 constantly on my computer at home.
I am on POTC as I speak (DIS Radio)
chocovrdmicears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 06:27 PM   #12
Doc CW
Dallas Cowboys Football #1

We listen to it all the time and it doesnt kill the magic for us, it actually makes us more anxious and excited when we are almost there I cant get enough of it.
Old 07-03-2008, 06:31 PM   #13
pickles
Just call me Capt. Barbossa-someone has to play the part of the bad pirate
Most Observant DISer Award

what is subsonic and live365 do you have to pay for these services?
pickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 06:38 PM   #14
chocovrdmicears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickles View Post
what is subsonic and live365 do you have to pay for these services?
LIVE365 has about 10,000 different radio stations that you can listen to on your computer. I signed up for the free account and have 8 different Disney Theme park music stations set under my favorites.
They do have a VIP membership, which I am considering, because I tire of the commercials.
Just go to LIVE65, sign up for the free membership, then you can do a search for Disney music and add them to your 'favorites'. It will play through the speakers on your computer.
I have: (all free)
DisRadio
Mouse House Radio
Mouse Radio
Mouse Junkies
Park Hopper Radio
Radio Buena Vista
Sorcerer Radio
MouseHouseRadio
HTH
chocovrdmicears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 06:42 PM   #15
ransom
DIS Veteran

I have about a dozen WDW channels programmed into my Live365 player. The one I've been listening to more lately is Sorcerer Radio. Often, they'll play unusual stuff, such as some of the BGM from Pop Century.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: