Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Camping at Disney World
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2007, 07:16 PM   #16
stacktester
DIS Veteran

I'm curious to know how some other campers do some things like condiments and what not. It seems that whenever we camp our mayo, mustard and other stuff no matter how small a container I buy is left over. I am a bachelor and don't cook too much at home so between trips these things may not stay fresh.

This is going to sound chincy but I have been getting some small packets like mayo, catsup and mustard from restaurants and keeping it in a bag I can put in the house. Things like those small containers of Smucker's jelly and honey seem to make sense for those of us who have a small camping family. I just hate to see a whole bottle of these things go to waste and have to buy more. I keep the Splenda, Equal and sugar in a bag as well that I put in the house.

Coffee stirrers in the plastic wrapper are good from Mickey D's and I always get a few moist wipettes from Sonny's which are a great thing to have anywhere if you don't have a place to wash up before eating.

I got blasted on my thread about parking in the overflow lot the night before we checked in so I hope nobody filet's me on this. I don't like take handfuls from 1 place. I usually get 1 or 2 at a time so it's not taking too much. I just don't ever see these things in Costco or whatever to buy like this. I think we're all familiar with how things like this don't keep well in a closed up camper that sits in the sun. Any other ideas???????
stacktester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 07:57 PM   #17
campingcorgi
Will work for a chance to live at Fort Wilderness!!
Can feel the love

I, too, collect lots of individual packets for camping. I've also found a neat site that has lots of individual packets available. I ordered some of the medicines from here, too, and they come in handy without having to take everything in the house!

Here is the site:
http://www.minimus.biz/
campingcorgi is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-15-2007, 10:02 PM   #18
kc5grw
Musket Mickey's Motoring Maniac #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaranch View Post
...Really, bug spray, a lighter stick for the camper and another for outside, I like to start my campfires with flares. It really works if you failed girl scouts. It will start wet wood...
We call them flare thangys Boy Scout matches. And they work great.

An Eagle Scout, and former scout leader.

Last edited by kc5grw; 02-15-2007 at 10:08 PM.
kc5grw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 08:27 PM   #19
lawnspecialties
DIS Veteran

Battery chargers!

Cell phones, walkie-talkies, digital cameras, etc. will not last a whole week at Disney without some more juice.

...and for all us fellas. DO NOT forget the remote for the television. I've done that a few times and it makes me furious. Sorry ladies, it's a guy thing.
lawnspecialties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 06:30 PM   #20
Jsands72
I need Money!!

We too take small packets, but we usually ask the waitress if we could take some extra packets and they have never said no. They usually look at us like we are nuts for asking.
Jsands72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 09:03 PM   #21
cerdafied7
Earning My Ears

for someone who is renting an rv in orlando and who's trip begins in texas is it a bad idea to ship some things before the trip? anyone ever done that?
cerdafied7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 07:34 PM   #22
Jsands72
I need Money!!

I have had freinds ride there bikes from the east coast to the west coast and they shipped stuff out to the west coast picked it up and and shipped stuff back to the east cost. To save room on there bikes.
Jsands72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 07:25 PM   #23
34Angels
Mouseketeer

We have a couple of rubbermaid containers that hold our camping stuff....our bug spray, plates, spatula, TP, laterns, radio, trash bags....etc. They're always packed and ready to go! The only things that aren't in there are our roasting sticks (too long to keep in there), the tent and sleeping bags. Before we go camping we will double check to make sure we have enough of everything in there but for the most part we just grab and go. And anytime we find something new we need we just add it!

A couple of things not on the list; tin foil, a small dustpan and broom (the little ones for sweeping up the pile of dirt off the floor) to get the dirt out of the tent, and games (we have a Jenga knock-off).
34Angels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 01:56 PM   #24
tungpo1
Golf Cart Guy

Dont forget your golf cart!!!!!!!!!!

tungpo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 01:00 PM   #25
Tent Camping Mom
Sleeping Under the Stars
It can be dangerous just make sure you have plenty of elbow room

White Drinking Water Hose

I didn't see the white drinking water hose listed. Maybe it should be added.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:36 PM   #26
bless7ings
DIS Veteran

Just was at the KOA campsite and they have an awesome tent camping list plus other articles!!! You need to check it out!!! Go to: http://koa.com/tents/

Happy camping!!
bless7ings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 06:37 PM   #27
DebbieT11
Waiting to go back......
Wait. Isn't that the *marines*????

Ipod with earphones.... keeps the DH from having to listen to my "weird stuff" as he calls it.... why would ANYONE consider the DISUnplugged "weird"?? Sheesh....
Old 08-16-2007, 06:16 AM   #28
ntsammy5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by campingcorgi View Post
I've also found a neat site that has lots of individual packets available.Here is the site:

http://www.minimus.biz/
Great site. Thanks.

One thing I do when camping (not necessarily at FW) is mix salt, onion powder, pepper, garlic powder and anything else you like into one small shaker, then you have all the necessary spices together. It works well when you're carrying stuff on your back.
ntsammy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 08:30 AM   #29
Gillian
I'm the only crazy disney person in my family
Lost her tag...oops, found one!
Next there will be peacock sightings...

Ear plugs

We were at a large, popular private campground this weekend, and even with the AC in our popup I could still hear music, dogs, people, hammering on friday morning at 7AM, etc. I am a sound sleeper but it's hard for me to fall asleep with certain noises like music or tv. After 2 days of not sleeping well I remembered the ear plugs packed away in our "medical stuff" drawer.

Also, don't forget your pots & pans like we did. I took them out of the popup when we went on a school trip with meals provided and forgot to put them back in for our next trip. The only thing we could cook was hot dogs!
Gillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 03:32 PM   #30
des1954
DIS Veteran

Crock Pot

Electric Skillet or Griddle

Crazy as this sounds.... a small microwave (if you have room).

Small Portable Gas Grill (for those of us too impatient to use charcoal)

We've also packed a small fridge. It comes in handy to keep the beer & margaritas (er...uh...soda) in!!

Coming in a tent? Bring a FAN!!! (it gets hot in Florida)

PAPER PLATES!
des1954 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: