Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Resort Community Threads & Photo-Video
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-2009, 11:15 AM   #1711
makewifehappy
Disney husband who pleases her..

Room 2412 - Alligator Bayou in Port Orleans - Riverside

DVC Members since June 2009 - Bay Lake Towers

DL 1977 Off Property 1988 and 1993 AS-Music 1998 (honeymoon) DLand 2001 WDW & DCL 2004 (Contemporary/Eastern Caribbean) DCL Summer 2006 (Western Caribbean) AS-Sports December 2006 Pop and AS-Movies June 2008 POR Oct 2008 POFQ Dec 2008 Pop 2009 Feb 2009 POR June 2009 BLT October 2009 Pop/BLT/WL/AKL June 2010 WL Oct 2010 CS Nov 2010 BLT April 2011
Saratoga Springs Nov 2012 BLT Nov 2013
makewifehappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 01:03 PM   #1712
flc831
Earning My Ears

Thanks everyone for the pictures.I am daydreaming about 2010...Keep them coming!!
flc831 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-30-2009, 01:58 PM   #1713
wdwnut4life
I LOVE WDW & Disneyland soo much!

yes keep em comin. happy summer everyone!
wdwnut4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 09:32 PM   #1714
Promomx2
DIS Veteran

Does anyone have a pic of the parking lot view from akl? Also this may be a dumb question but are all the doors at the animal kingdom open to a enclosed hallway or outside?
Promomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 08:32 AM   #1715
ead79
Disney Bride!
Wants the perfect pancake pan
Really likes a lot of NSYNC's songs
I hope my new job isn't like the movie "Office Space"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Promomx2 View Post
Does anyone have a pic of the parking lot view from akl? Also this may be a dumb question but are all the doors at the animal kingdom open to a enclosed hallway or outside?
I can't help you out with the first question, but I can answer the doorway question. All the doors at AKL open to enclosed hallways.
Old 08-04-2009, 01:56 PM   #1716
Leash
DIS Veteran

Finally found these so thought I would post them. This is one of the honeymoon suites at the Wilderness Lodge( from our honeymoon Dec. 2006 better late than never). I don't remember our room number but it was on the concierge floor directly above Whispering Canyon with a tree obstructed view of the tops of buildings at MK.

King bed

TV

Table

Sink

Jaccuzi Tub and shower!!!

I loved this tub and it was big enough for DH and I to sit facing each other. No nothing dirty but that way we didn't have to fight over who got to take a bath each night, I'll tell you that after a long day at the park this tub was a wonder on sore muscles.

Closet

Balcony door

Balcony

View

Past trips: Many times as a child; '99 DL(DLH); '01 DL(PP); '02 DL(Park Vue Inn); '03 DL(Tropicana Inn), DL(Candy Cane Inn); '04 DL(Candy Cane Inn), DL(HoJo), DL(Candy Cane Inn); '05 DL(HoJo), DL(GCH), DL(Red Roof Inn); '06 DL(Candy Cane Inn), DL (HoJo), DL(GCH), WDW(WL); '07 DL(HoJo); '08 DL(Candy Cane Inn);'10 WDW(AKL);'11 DL(Candy Cane Inn)

Leash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 02:01 PM   #1717
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leash View Post
Finally found these so thought I would post them. This is one of the honeymoon suites at the Wilderness Lodge( from our honeymoon Dec. 2006 better late than never). I don't remember our room number but it was on the concierge floor directly above Whispering Canyon with a tree obstructed view of the tops of buildings at MK.

King bed

Jaccuzi Tub and shower!!!

I loved this tub and it was big enough for DH and I to sit facing each other. No nothing dirty but that way we didn't have to fight over who got to take a bath each night, I'll tell you that after a long day at the park this tub was a wonder on sore muscles.

View
Beautiful room! Now I know why they don't give you such a great view - they figure you are planning to stay in the room on your honeymoon!

That tub is to die for - what a great place to unwind after a long day at the parks. Thanks for sharing!! (I didn't even know any of the Disney hotels had honeymoon suites - that's great)

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
heaven2dc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 03:37 PM   #1718
wdwnut4life
I LOVE WDW & Disneyland soo much!

nice room pics very cool
wdwnut4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 09:08 AM   #1719
ead79
Disney Bride!

I finally got around to re-sizing my pictures of our stay in a concierge 1 bedroom villa at Animal Kingdom Villas. It was #6208 on the 6th floor of Jambo House (the main building).

Master Bedroom:

Master Bath:

Lonely little toilet in a closet (I mean, would a small piece of artwork in there kill them, LOL!):

Undersink storage:

Extra storage in master bath:

Living Room:

Kitchen and Dining Area:

Simba carved on back of dining chairs:

Balcony:

View of the savannah looking forward:

View looking to the left:

View looking to the right:
Old 09-04-2009, 09:10 AM   #1720
ead79
Disney Bride!

Animals we saw from the balcony:

Old 09-04-2009, 10:37 AM   #1721
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

GREAT pics!!! They really themed them up really well (and I agree with the toilet... needs something...)

BTW... I think that may be Mufassa on the back of the chairs...

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Tink rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 10:42 AM   #1722
Scott MC
DIS Veteran

A few room pics from our recent stay at the GF (main building, CL, lagoon view).

Our location

One of the beds, and towel Mickey waiting for us.

Desk....love the lamp.

Amoire and daybed

Armoire and desk, looking into entrance hallway, and vanity area

Closeup of Tinkerbell on bedspread

Doors to balcony (you can just make out the Poly and the beach...the view was stunning!)

Daybed and lovely artwork

Turn-down service

Vanity area

Closeup of bathroom/vanity wallpaper
Old 09-04-2009, 11:11 AM   #1723
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

Scott MC - Your photos are wonderful. I don't think I have ever seen any of CL GF main building before! Thank you.

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
PNO4TE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 02:50 PM   #1724
ead79
Disney Bride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink rules View Post
GREAT pics!!! They really themed them up really well (and I agree with the toilet... needs something...)

BTW... I think that may be Mufassa on the back of the chairs...
Yeah, I couldn't decide if they were going for Mufassa or the grown up Simba on those chairs. But hey, either way it's cute! And it seems funny to want some "theming" in the bathroom, but it really was stark in there with it being a small room with dark brown walls and nothing on them.
Old 09-04-2009, 03:21 PM   #1725
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

We'll just have to take a photo copy of a LK picture and some tape!!!

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Tink rules is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: