Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-2006, 01:28 AM   #1
mickey7
Mouseketeer

Question Need lots of advice

I want to book a cruise and am debating between using AAA or Small World Vacations. What advantages/disadvantages does each one have? Does Small World Vacations help book Palo or with the Nursery?

How is the stateroom that are a Cat. 9 room 2072? Anyone have this room before that can tell me about it? Does it have one porthole or two? There will be a crib in the room, because we would be bringing an infant. The baby will just be over a year old. Does anyone think this is too young? I noticed that this is on deck 2? Since you are near the bottom of the ship, can you feel the motion of the water? We are on a tight budget, but is Cat. 8 a better choice? If Cat. 8 is better choice, any stateroom # advice?

There are a lot of questions, but this would be our first cruise and on a very tight budget. I would love to hear any advice. This would be for the 4 night cruise on the Wonder.
mickey7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 05:03 AM   #2
WDWLVR
DVC @ The Boardwalk
Have veranda will cruise
We cruised under a DVC flag - how cool is that?!?

I've never used either of the agents you've mentioned, but have you thought about talking to Dreams Unlimited? They sponsor these boards and have given us great service over the years. Their agents are very knowledgable.

As for your other questions I have always heard that the lower you are and the closer to mid-ship the less movement you will feel. I've never stayed on deck 2 but know lots of people who have and have been quite happy. If you are in a Cat 9 on deck 2 you will have one large porthole. If you were to book a cat 9 on deck 1 you would have 2 small portholes.

Depending on how far out you book you could ask your agent to look for one of the Cat 10's on deck 5. There are 8 of them I believe and we call them secret porthole rooms because they have the large portholes like the Cat 9, but since they are obstructed they can't sell them that way. Plus deck 5 is also where the nursery Flounders is which would be helpful if you wanted to leave the baby there for a evening at Palo.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-17-2006, 07:02 AM   #3
iankh
It's never done till it's overdone

I've booked with Small World and Dreams Unlimited. Both are excellent.

I thought Anne at Small World was especially good managing to grab a couple of secret porthole cabins for us.

iankh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 07:03 AM   #4
Lindy Loo
DIS Veteran

We used Dreams unlimited too, they were chespest for our 4 night cruise on the Wonder. We are in cat 11, budget is tight for us too !! We are on deck 6. Sue Ellen is or agent, and even with us from the UK, she answer our e mails really quickly. i would recommend giving her a try first. She seems to KNOW EVERYTHING !!!! well everything I needed to know, which i think is really important on a first cruise.

Hope this helps
Old 05-17-2006, 07:20 AM   #5
mom x4,grandma x4
DIS Veteran

Howdy,
we have never used the agents you asked about. But I do know that certain months are less expensive than others. We love to cruise in September and November, and the first part of December. We have always got great rates in those months. Deck 2 has less motion than the upper decks. We usually stay aft, but midship is even less motion. The rooms have plenty of space too. I have seen many people with 1 year olds, I'm sure your child will have ablast. Take lots of drypers for the mickey ear water jets for toddlers and lots of sunblock because it is in the direct sunlight.
mom x4,grandma x4
mom x4,grandma x4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: