Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2006, 12:44 PM   #1
Skroops
DIS Veteran

Just back from POP/CSR!

Our travel dates were Mon.5/8-Fri.5/12

About Pop...

First off, Pop is really cute! The rooms are clean, the grounds are pretty, and the CM's are very nice. Our check in wait time wasn't too bad (even at 12:30 am) and the resort seems smaller than it sounds. The food court had plenty of choices to please our picky eaters, and even though it was pretty busy, there was plenty of seating.

The smaller room size wasn't much of an issue, but it was a little tricky manuevering the stroller and luggage into the room when the clearance from the door opening to the bed was a few inches. Mousekeeping didn't leave any towel animals, but the room was clean. We packed a cooler that folds up (from Target) and that worked slick for keeping our water and juice chilled on ice. Our room had a hairdryer and an iron/ironing board, which was nice as I couldn't seem to find that mentioned on room info. posts. Since I am a coffee junkie and I hate the convenience factor of the refillable mug (you either have to return to your room or lug it around with you), I brought a water heating coil and ceramic mug to heat it in, and then disposable cups so I could take my coffee with me for the bus wait. Instant Tasters Choice Gourmet Roast coffee tastes better to me than the Nescafe that WDW has, and I can get my first cup before leaving my room. It turned out to be handy.

My ONLY gripe was Pop beds. Waaaaay too firm for me. When you sit down, there was barely a give. Almost like a board. I have read this complaint before by other posters, and didn't realize how sensitive my body would be to this.

On the way to the parks, I asked around on the bus to the other guests if they had super firm beds, and a couple of people said yes, but they were able to sleep just fine. One family said that they were pretty sure that they fell asleep before their bodies hit the bed. (By the way, our bus service seemed pretty good from Pop)

We were a nap-type family, so we weren't that exausted by bed time, so maybe that was my issue. Either way, by day three of our vacation, I had to force my family to another resort so that I could get a good nights' sleep. Luckily, CSR had a room available, and we packed up and took a taxi over.

It was our first time to CSR, and it was beautiful. Most importantly, the beds were comfortable! For the last two days of our vacation I was able to be well rested. It definately made a difference in our vacation.

I loved CSR! We will definately stay at CSR again.

It was a wonderful vacation, and I am so glad we got the chance to try both of these resorts.

Any questions I can answer?
Old 05-14-2006, 12:54 PM   #2
Brian Noble
His Curmudgeonly Highness

Did you find the room size to be noticeably different in terms of people or storage space, or about the same?
Brian Noble is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-14-2006, 01:24 PM   #3
Skroops
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Noble
Did you find the room size to be noticeably different in terms of people or storage space, or about the same?
Noticeably different, mostly because of the space as you enter the room. At Pop, you cannot stand at the side of the bed closest to the door without being in way of the entry door. Otherwise, the drawer space and the space by the hanging area seems only slightly bigger.
Old 05-14-2006, 06:48 PM   #4
Buzz2001
CSR MAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skroops
It was our first time to CSR, and it was beautiful. Most importantly, the beds were comfortable! For the last two days of our vacation I was able to be well rested. It definately made a difference in our vacation.

It was a wonderful vacation, and I am so glad we got the chance to try both of these resorts.

Any questions I can answer?
Welcome back!! Glad you enjoyed your stay at CSR!!
Buzz2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 08:04 AM   #5
dolphin01
Mouseketeer

Thanks for sharing!!
dolphin01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 10:33 AM   #6
Lilolvr
DIS Veteran

Glad you had a great trip!!
Lilolvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 08:36 PM   #7
henry lutz
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=Skroops]Our travel dates were Mon.5/8-Fri.5/12

About Pop...

First off, Pop is really cute! The rooms are clean, the grounds are pretty, and the CM's are very nice. Our check in wait time wasn't too bad (even at 12:30 am) and the resort seems smaller than it sounds. The food court had plenty of choices to please our picky eaters, and even though it was pretty busy, there was plenty of seating.

The smaller room size wasn't much of an issue, but it was a little tricky manuevering the stroller and luggage into the room when the clearance from the door opening to the bed was a few inches. Mousekeeping didn't leave any towel animals, but the room was clean. We packed a cooler that folds up (from Target) and that worked slick for keeping our water and juice chilled on ice. Our room had a hairdryer and an iron/ironing board, which was nice as I couldn't seem to find that mentioned on room info. posts. Since I am a coffee junkie and I hate the convenience factor of the refillable mug (you either have to return to your room or lug it around with you), I brought a water heating coil and ceramic mug to heat it in, and then disposable cups so I could take my coffee with me for the bus wait. Instant Tasters Choice Gourmet Roast coffee tastes better to me than the Nescafe that WDW has, and I can get my first cup before leaving my room. It turned out to be handy.

My ONLY gripe was Pop beds. Waaaaay too firm for me. When you sit down, there was barely a give. Almost like a board. I have read this complaint before by other posters, and didn't realize how sensitive my body would be to this.

On the way to the parks, I asked around on the bus to the other guests if they had super firm beds, and a couple of people said yes, but they were able to sleep just fine. One family said that they were pretty sure that they fell asleep before their bodies hit the bed. (By the way, our bus service seemed pretty good from Pop)

We were a nap-type family, so we weren't that exausted by bed time, so maybe that was my issue. Either way, by day three of our vacation, I had to force my family to another resort so that I could get a good nights' sleep. Luckily, CSR had a room available, and we packed up and took a taxi over.

hi
just found your post
we are going in may 07 csr 8 days
what were the crowds like
any tips for me
thank you

Many thanks Walt.
henry lutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 08:48 PM   #8
Buzz2001
CSR MAN!!

Last edited by Buzz2001; 10-05-2006 at 05:55 AM.
Old 10-04-2006, 11:18 PM   #9
epcotfan
Kitty!
Everyday I wake up and think about Disneyland
I think it is sheer luck, endurance and compromise

One reason I love CSR is the beds. Nice and comfy. The worst beds I've slept on at WDW were at the Beach Club Villas and Animal Kingdom Lodge. Way too firm.
epcotfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 05:45 AM   #10
Badllamamama
DIS Veteran

Thanks for sharing!!
Badllamamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 06:54 AM   #11
Schucraig
Disney World is my World!

Thanks for your review!
Old 10-05-2006, 08:35 AM   #12
rlduvall
I just sit there and think "Oh, pretty colors."
Now maybe some-one will pick me first for dodgeball

I am totally with you on the Pop beds. Just got back from Pop (9/19 to 9/26) and that was really my only major complaint. My friend and I neither one slept very well because of it; and I truly like a firm bed.
rlduvall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 08:54 AM   #13
*Fantasia*
Nothing beats a nice clean-clear cold ice water!
I could google and google all day and compare.. but I want to hear from you guys of your experience

Quote:
Our travel dates were Mon.5/8-Fri.5/12
The date on the corner of this OP's post is from 05-14-2006 12:44 PM. It's funny how old this thread is and all of a sudden got bumped up. ?!?! Kind of weird. The OP got back many moons ago.
CSR~2x~ '04-'04--- POFQ 3x~ '03-'04-'05--- WL~2x~ '04-'05--- Poly 2x~ '04-04

Disney Wonder Dec 2004--- HRH~ '03--- RPH 3x~'04-'04-'05
Offsite~ '83-'91-'94-'00-'04
*Fantasia* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 09:09 AM   #14
Buzz2001
CSR MAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Fantasia*
The date on the corner of this OP's post is from 05-14-2006 12:44 PM. It's funny how old this thread is and all of a sudden got bumped up. ?!?! Kind of weird. The OP got back many moons ago.
Looks like Henry bumped it up with a question about crowds.
Old 10-05-2006, 07:36 PM   #15
henry lutz
Mouseketeer

whats the bump thing buzz ?

Many thanks Walt.
henry lutz is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: