Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-12-2006, 01:32 PM   #31
Cyrano

Disney VIP
Anyone for haggis
Aren't we all a cagey lot

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell36
We are thinking about going to DLRP in August and I would like to purchase a dream passport. My mum is going with me - will she need to get a passport as well if we both want discounts, eg the 10% off food bills?
You only need one passport to get discount on food and shopping. In the case of a Dream passport the holder can get a free drink (Kir or juice) in table service restaurants. Both of you would need passports to get the drink.

Quote:
I would be interested in getting a sponsor - am I right in thinking this means I will receive 10% off and the sponsor will get extra months on their passport?
Yes quite correct

Theme Park Attractions & Strategies board
20 nights Disney and Universal July 2015
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion.
Cyrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 10:47 AM   #32
nifferwilko
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillsfan
Also, does anyone know if they are refusing sponsorship if the sponsor doesnt attend with the applicant? It sounds as if Littlelizzie was let off that part of the T&C's, but I cant read it anywhere on there.
I think I had the same problem as Lizzie. At the ticket booth at the entrance gates the woman was determined that the sponsor had to be there. But on the back of the sponsor form that you have to present for the discount, point 7 clearly states (in french) that it is with or without the sponsor. You just need a form. The best thing to do is to buy a 1 day pass and take it to the Annual Passport office with the sponsorform to get the discounted rate. The passport office were perfectly happy to process it without the sponsor being present. I think there is some miscommunication between the main ticket sellers at the gate and the passport office.

Camping trip to DLRP

Been there, done that (what I can remember!!)
Holiday Inn 18th-21st December 2006 / Halloween Day Trip 19th October 2006 / Citea Bussy St Georges 26 - 28th August 2006 / Kyriad Hotel DLP 11 July - 15th July 2006 / Day Trips 2004-2002-1999-1996
nifferwilko is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-18-2006, 11:24 AM   #33
littlelizzie
Mouseketeer

We went to the passport offfice and it was in there they told us we should have the sponsorer with us, they however processed it without any problem and were very friendly and helpful.

Previous trip to Florida stayed:

Villa at Windsor Hills ~ October 16th to Novermber 6th 2009
!!
Previous trips to Disneyland Paris stayed at:
Sequoia Lodge ~ 4 nights October 2010 .. Sequoia Lodge ~ 4 nights November 2008 .. The Dream Castle ~ 5 nights June 2007 .. Explorer Hotel for 2 nights and Holiday Inn for 2 nights ~ October 2006 .. Holiday Inn for 5 nights ~ June 2006

littlelizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 12:26 PM   #34
tinkerbell36
DLRP Veteran/Newbie!

Thanks for the responses Cyrano

Yet another question - will they refund the cost of my hopper ticket, as we are booking with the Santa Fe through DLP online and of course you get your hopper passes included in that price?

26 trips and counting!
tinkerbell36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 09:05 AM   #35
JoeSam
Mouseketeer

I'm really quite confused about this (not unusual ). I have booked 2 nights room only in the HI at beginning September. I also intend going in November to one of the disney hotels (hopefully DLH but not sure of budget yet!).

Would it be better to buy APs for the 3 of us, and book room only in November? How much cheaper is it usually to book room only than a package? Also there is usually an offer on of a free night when we go in Nov, so we probably won't get that on a R.O. booking (?)

Obviously in Sept, we will have to buy hoppers anyway, so prob better to get APs.

Should these be Dream or Fantasy - how would I find out the blackout days on a Fantasy?

If I buy APs, is there anyone willing to sponsor 3 of us?

Thanks for reading...................
2003 Htl Cheyenne DLP * 2004 Dream Castle DLP * 2004 Disneyland Htl DLP * 2005 Sequoia Lodge DLP * * 2006 Port Orleans & Polynesian WDW * * 2006 Holiday Inn DLP * 2006 Disneyland Htl DLP * 2007 Davy Crockett Ranch DLP * * 2007 CBR, Hard Rock Hotel, Grand Floridian concierge **2008 Davy Crockett Ranch DLP*]2009 Disneyland Htl DLP * 2010 Hotel New York DLP * * 2011 Sequoia Lodge * 2012 Sequoia Lodge* Various other small trips *
JoeSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 11:46 AM   #36
littlelizzie
Mouseketeer

If you intend to go into the parks for 4 days or more, I think it works out cheaper to get annual passports.(when you add up the discounts you get from having a passport)
Best prices I could find for 4 day hoppers are here

http://www.365tickets.com/prodhubs.cfm?productId=71

Check out this site for annual passport comparisons, prices and blackout days. Just click on the passport you are interested in (all in english)
There are no black out days for the Dream passport and you also get 20% off one day shopping and one meal which can save alot!

http://www.dlp.info/Guide/Guest-Info...Comparison.asp

If you do want sponsoring PM me, as that will save you an extra 10%.

Previous trip to Florida stayed:

Villa at Windsor Hills ~ October 16th to Novermber 6th 2009
!!
Previous trips to Disneyland Paris stayed at:
Sequoia Lodge ~ 4 nights October 2010 .. Sequoia Lodge ~ 4 nights November 2008 .. The Dream Castle ~ 5 nights June 2007 .. Explorer Hotel for 2 nights and Holiday Inn for 2 nights ~ October 2006 .. Holiday Inn for 5 nights ~ June 2006

littlelizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 12:38 PM   #37
Cyrano

Disney VIP
Anyone for haggis
Aren't we all a cagey lot

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Thanks for the responses Cyrano

Yet another question - will they refund the cost of my hopper ticket, as we are booking with the Santa Fe through DLP online and of course you get your hopper passes included in that price?
You'll only get the discount of a one day pass off the annual passport I'm afraid

Theme Park Attractions & Strategies board
20 nights Disney and Universal July 2015
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion.
Cyrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 05:03 AM   #38
tinkerbell36
DLRP Veteran/Newbie!

Hrmmm that poses a bit of a problem...If I phone DLP direct would I be able to get a room in the santa fe but only get park passes for one of us, ie my mum so I can then buy a one day ticket and exchange that on the first day?

They really need to make this process easier huh....!

26 trips and counting!
tinkerbell36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 05:36 AM   #39
jillrobinson
I will be very angry if there are any attractions or places off limits
DS got a Hi 5 from Simba
My real persona is maleficent mum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrano
You'll only get the discount of a one day pass off the annual passport I'm afraid
and I read on another forum that it has to be an undated ticket, i.e. not one that's been included with a package.
March 2004 Liam's 5th Birthday at Cheyenne *** October 2004 Spooky Halloween at Santa Fe *** March 2006 My big 40 & Liams 7th Birthday at Newport Bay Club *** March 2007 Jamie's 13th Birthday & VIP Press Launch for DLP's 15th Anniversary at Sequoia Lodge *** November 2007 Christmas Season at Sequoia Lodge *** March 2009 Liam's 10th Birthday at Cheyenne *** January 2010 Practically Perfect stay at Hotel New York *** October 2010 Our not so scary stay at Cheyenne ***January 2012 Jack's 5th Birthday surprise at Santa Fe***July 2013 Disney Dreaming at Cheyenne***

jillrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 06:15 AM   #40
Gillsfan
Earning My Ears

Damn.. its so difficult, I am really tempted to get a single dream passport to capitalise on the discounts and benefits then use tickets365.com to buy the hopper passes for the other members of my family.

I dont think I will be revisiting in a year, as I will be saving for WDW in Oct 07.

So... it will cost €179.. at 1.4 (roughly) = £127.85 or a 3 day hopper for £72.

What do you reckon, is it worth the extra? Im not sure I can quite make the £55.85 up in out benefits.
Gillsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 12:46 PM   #41
BONITATIME
I like to drink all year out of our collection of disney glasses, it reminds me of the magic

We found that between meals and shopping it more than covered the cost of the extra. We have one dream pass and 3 fantasy passes.
1978 disneyland 1986 WDW 2004 June HI 5 days : NYH 3-8 Dec 2005 May 27-29 kyriad HI 2rd-10th Dec 2006 26 May, DCR 20th- 26 Aug, Marriots 2-9 Dec 2007 Kyriad DLRP Feb 20-22 & June 21-24 :WDW BC 8/14-8/16 & Vistana 8/26-9/8, DLRP 21/12-23/12 2008 - WDW POP C & Coronado S apr27/may4 DLRP octHoliday Inn Feb 2009 NPBC Dec 2009
Pin Trading under BONITATIME
BONITATIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 03:48 PM   #42
crazy4daisy
Daisy Duck Pin Collector

Hi. I'm new to the boards and came across this thread about the Annual Passports for Disneyland Paris. My husband and I will be going to Paris next month (Aug. 6th-11th). We will be spending the first couple of days sightseeing and the remainder of the week at both Disney Parks.

We are planning to purchase one annual passport and one 3-day park hopper ticket. We will also be meeting 7 other adults (9 total) for dinner at Disneyland Hotel and I think we will save some money by using the Annual passport - food discount. This will probably be our only trip to Paris, so I thought it would be a good idea to help someone extend their passport. I'll just need some instruction on what to fill out and if I need to bring a form with me.

Thanks in advance,
Wendy
USA
crazy4daisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 01:08 PM   #43
Estelle Powell
Earning My Ears

Sponsorship of annual passports / family discounts - Disneyland paris

Hi, i am new to this board so please excuse me if i am posting this incorrectly.

We are going to disneyland paris on 19.8.2006 for 6 nights (booked independantly) staying at the holiday inn. In total there are 8 of travelling, 2 families of 2 adults and 2 children the one little girl will be under 3. I have worked out we need 7 passes either Dream or Fantasy.

I wonder if anyone can help me.
1.Does anyone know if you can get a discount for a family and if so how do you prove you are a family and are there any numbers?
2. Would anyone be happy to sponsor us, i understand each passport holder can sponsor upto 3 people and they can then claim extra months on their passport. 1 sponsor = 1 month, 2 sponsors =1 months and 3 sponsors= 12months. I can download the sponsor form and have roughly translated it. NB. YOU NEED TO BE IN THE 2nd MONTH OF YOUR MEMBERSHIP TO BE ABLE TO SPONSOR, clever trick of Disney. I would of course be happy to sponsor anyone on my return.
4. Does anyone know if you buy a Dream passport and 3 fantasy passports can all your party get into disney 1 hour before opening and offer available to Dream passport holders and not fantasy.

Thanks for your help Estelle
Estelle Powell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 06:07 PM   #44
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

Hi Wendy and welcome to the DIS!

As there will be 9 of you eating, the discount on dining will certainly be most welcome!
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Moderator Disneyland Paris

Last edited by Ware Bears; 07-23-2006 at 06:45 PM. Reason: Spelling
Ware Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 06:23 PM   #45
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

Hi Estelle and welcome to the DIS!

Here is info about both the Dream and Fantasy passes and here in French is the official site.

20% family discount is available when buying 5 or more passes but unfortunately it is only for families living at the same address.

You will only all be able to get access to the park one hour before opening if you all buy Dream passes.
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Moderator Disneyland Paris
Ware Bears is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: