Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2006, 08:52 PM   #91
spokanemom
DIS Veteran

Reading this makes me feel like I am there with my family... Sniff... Ha Ha!

This is a great TR. I am having a terrific time reading it. Can't wait to see what happens with the Bloody Heelys.
Old 07-31-2006, 02:07 PM   #92
3princesses+aprince
DIS Veteran

Your report is awesome, and so are your pics. I give you credit for taking the kids alone. I know how hard it is when we take our kids, and dh is with us. I cant' wait to read the rest.

Our very magical, very first trip to Disney World!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2182745

Come check out my Pre Trip Report, May 09
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2066680
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-31-2006, 10:32 PM   #93
minniesBFF
Maybe I can soften her up a little
You have to be blessed, gobbled, frosted, etc by someone

I love reading your TR!! Your family is sooooo generous and kind to everyone, I wish more people in Disney would act the way you do. Keep the installments coming, woman!!!!!

Old 08-01-2006, 05:51 AM   #94
tictoc
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by minniesBFF
I love reading your TR!! Your family is sooooo generous and kind to everyone, I wish more people in Disney would act the way you do. Keep the installments coming, woman!!!!!
Thank You Minnie!!! I think it always gets paid back many times over.

Tropical Storm Ernesto and I are Going to WDW for my Birthday! September 2006 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1209670

Me DH DS 18 DS 16 DD 11

Old 08-01-2006, 06:35 PM   #95
Torjohnson
we are all interested in the future because that is where you and I will spend the rest of our lives

wow, what an intense report. Wow!!! I am so impressed by it. I love it. And I have to figure out how to put pictures in my stuff. How do you do it. Let"s chat...;..
I love the pictures....

talk to ya soon....

my report is up too. I never knew there were reports on dis before.

Old 08-03-2006, 09:10 AM   #96
tictoc
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3princesses+aprince
Your report is awesome, and so are your pics. I give you credit for taking the kids alone. I know how hard it is when we take our kids, and dh is with us. I cant' wait to read the rest.

it really is not that hard to take them by myself, but on second thought YES--throw all of the sympathy my way!!! The hardest part is paying enough attention to each of them. There are not others around to distract them so they really start duking it out for my attention!

Thanks for reading--more shall be posted soon. It will be mussels with those from Arkansas and bloody Heelys!

Tropical Storm Ernesto and I are Going to WDW for my Birthday! September 2006 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1209670

Me DH DS 18 DS 16 DD 11

Old 08-05-2006, 08:52 AM   #97
tictoc
Mouseketeer

Sharing Mussels with those from the state with Hope

As promised, I will report on the mussel sharing but first, we must fight at the Pop pool. We returned to the hotel and parked in the Pargo parking spot. Not because there were not any other spots available, but because we felt that we owned this spot now.

I do not have Disney Vacation Club, I do have Disney Vacation Mug Club and now I have Disney Vacation Pargo Parking Club. I feel that this is my very own piece of property in the world. After 47 trips and a gazillion dollars invested, I have my very own welcome home. So I park in the spot, welcome myself home and proceed to unload the troops. I NEVER unload the things that we take with us when we return to the hotel. I only unload the kids. So by the end of the trip the rented Trailblazer runneth over with our junk.

We make our tired hot way to the room that is only a few feet away and the kids have an epiphany! We are here at the hotel I the middle of the day! We could go swimming! I was thinking: We could take a nap! Guess who won out? But first we had to get something to eat. We walked to Everything’s Pop and grabbed a steak wrap for me and Rachel to share and a burger for the boys to split. Now of course there are obligatory desserts with the meal plan. Stevie wanted an ice cream sundae and it sounded great to me as well. We got two of the biggest ice cream sundaes I have ever seen. I am amazed by the meal plan. This meal came to a little more than thirty dollars and it only counted as two counter service points.

We took the food back to the room. On the way back to the room we passed a pair of shoes on the path and more clothing. That is where the story of the hobos began. We decided that with all of these clothes in the bushes there must be hobos living outside our room. With the pool as a major distraction the kids were suddenly not very hungry. I am a very lenient mommy. I let the kids run indoors, use their outside voices inside and I have even been known to spray whipped cream directly from the Rediwhip can into their open mouths. I did hold my own this time however and insist they eat before swimming.

So in three bites they managed to swallow down their food and began changing into swimwear. This is when the fighting started again. Now I can understand being intolerant in the five hundred degree heat of Animal Kingdom, but I am letting them go swimming and they are still going to fight. I gave them the I mean it this time warning and we headed to the pool.

I chose to not swim this time. I was simply going to sit beside the pool and watch. Rachel had her trustworthy floaty and I could jump in if she needed me. After about 33 seconds of swimming the fighting started again. Steven was yelling that his brother was choking him. It is true that Drew often picks on Steven but Steven also can’t take playful fun. I was not sure what the case was this time, but I really did not care either. There was a woman sitting in the chair next to mine and she was kinda watching all of this activity. I told Steven and Drew that fighting would not be tolerated.

They swam about five more minutes when I heard it again. I really lost it now. Get out!!!! I yelled across the courtyard. They looked amazed like “what did we do?” I said get out now.” They all slowly walked up the stairs wondering why their mom was so mean. The woman next to me saluted me and said “atta girl.”

As we made our way back to our room we heard a very loud bolt of thunder and a huge flash of lightning. That’s right, the whistle blew and “everyone out of the pool please”. I think the lesson was somehow lost!

They watched cartoons and after making them promise to not flood anything or catch anything on fire, I caught a few minutes rest. Perhaps the lesson was not completely lost because for the first time in several days there was not fighting for at least 45 minutes.

We thought we would just take the bus to Epcot since we were staying late for EMH. We made our way toward the bus pick up area and I thought about carrying Rachel through that line at midnight. Nah, we will take the car. Glad we did. Rachel fell asleep right as we were walking up to the gate. She did not even make it inside!

We went straight to Innoventions. My kids love that place. We sent emails, we played on the games and we went to one of our favorite attractions—The House of the Future. We love walking through that! Rachel slept the entire time.

We had an 8:50 ressie for LeCellier. That would be a new restaurant for me. It is very much recommended on these boards, so I thought we would try it. We made our way to Canada after Innoventions closed. We had tried to stop by the Cool Station, but it was closed for the night.

As we made our way to Canada my osns starting saying "Those darn Canadians." I do not know where they heard that since we do not really know anyone from Canada. But they were getting such a kick out of syaing it. I asked them what the heck they were talking about and Drew replied they have the better side of the Falls!

It is so cool that they have those great Kidcot Stations right by the area where you have to wait. We signed in and headed to the Kidcot Station. The boys worked on their masks and I sat and watched Rachel doze in the stroller. It amazes me how she can sleep just anywhere and in any amount of noise. Kinda gives you a hint at how loud our house is!

We laid her down on the bench next to me while we ate. She just slept through the entire meal. I noticed that we were next to the most charming family with a very distinctive accent. They were obviously from Arkansas. There was a father, mother and son and I learned niece. Drew ordered the mussels appetizer and I ordered the shrimp cocktail. Steven had a kids meal and got soup to start out. They brought a bowl of mussels out still in the shells and the boy at the next table exclaimed loudly “what is that?!!!” His mother shushed him but it was too late. I lost it! I explained that they were mussels.

The father said “we don’t have those in Arkansas!” I was laughing so hard by this time. Drew asked them if they would like to try some and they agreed! Drew passed out the clams and they tried them. They decided it must be an acquired taste as did Drew! The mussels went uneaten!

I talked with the family and found out they were on their first trip to Disney World. They were having a blast. I also learned they were also staying at the Pop and in the same building as us! I love meeting people who are here for the first time. They were so nice. I am glad that we were able to run in to them several more times on the trip. We followed the mussels with steaks for me and Steven and salmon for Drew. Drew ate salmon at almost every table service meal the entire trip.

Of course the included dessert did not appeal to my kids so they happily bought dessert for the kids from Arkansas. I on the other hand was not so generous. I love Crème Brule and ordered that for myself.

We loaded up and headed to Japan where my sons had heard has some really great Pokemon toys. Luckily Rachel slept through the shopping so we did not have to buy our weight in Hello Kitties. That cat drives me nuts! What a freakishly big head she has. Drew bought an ugly, green, stuffed toy named Treecko. He cuddled that gecko looking thing the rest of the trip. Too grown up to eat from a kids’ menu huh? Ha!

A few more rides after Rachel woke up including the Test Track and Soarin’. My kids all love those rides. You know what that means; there was no refusal to ride. No declaration of never getting on that again! We all rode happily into the moonlight. Even me, the coolest mom in the fifth grade.

It was time to head to the hotel. I can always tell when it is that time by my son Steven. When he gets tired he really starts to drag and dragging he was!

Back at the hotel, we all cuddled up in the beds and watch, you know by now! Power Rangers. Go Rangers Go! So much harmony in that one double bed with all four of us lovingly laying together! So much harmony after the day started with the fighting and fussing.

I reflected on how lucky I am to be able to share Disney with my kids. My kids love Disney as much as I do. To them it is not just one thrill after another. Rachel still believes in the princesses and the happily ever after. Stevie and Drew have lived a long time with me telling them about Walt and his dreams. They know what Disney is all about. It is about all of the things that happen that did not have to. The things that you could not plan if you wanted to. The magic of being the first one on the ride, fastpasses for taking a family’s photo, and free ice cream. It is even about fighting your way through the crowded path as people gawk at a walking vine.

We fell asleep and waited for Stitch to let us know it was another Magic Kingdom Day!

BANG BANG BANG--OPEN THE DOOR!!! I bolted from the bed. What the heck. We are at Disney and someone is banging on the door cussing for us to let him in our room and it is 2 a.m. Drew was so scared but trying to be so brave. Steven did not even try to hide his fear. He kept knocking and cursing. Maybe he had my allergy and was having a delayed turrets reaction to the kids fighting fom earlier! I covered Rachel with the blanket so she was hidden since all the noise had not stirred her at all. I picked up the phone to call the front desk and started to send the boys to the bathroom to hide. I heard the door to the room next door open. The ladies voice hissed "you drunk idiot, you are at the wrong room!"

I dropped the phone and rolled on the bed laughing. Now we could go to sleep again and wait for Stitch. Drew stared at the ceiling for only He knows how long before drifting off!

Me DH DS 18 DS 16 DD 11

Old 08-05-2006, 01:01 PM   #98
Tanya90210
DIS Veteran

That sounds like quite an day... I sure wouldn't want to be woken up by some drunken idiot pounding on my door.... that's no fun...

Are you going to do a dining review on lecellier? We will be eating there in just about 2 weeks... towards the end of our trip so I'd love to hear any reviews
Old 08-07-2006, 02:47 PM   #99
tictoc
Mouseketeer

Still Too Excited too Sleep Day Seven—Magic Kingdom and Bloody Kids on Heelys

Stitch woke us, I poured over the Tour Guide Mike stuff, kids got dressed, loaded Sleeping Beauty and headed to Magic Kingdom, made a wrong turn and turned around. yada yada yada you know the drill by now. We are nothing if not creatures of habit!

We got there valet parked at Contemporary and walked that great scenic route to the Magic Kingdom. That path is always filled with bunnies!

On this day there was much the same itinerary as the previous full Magic Kingdom day. We rode the same rides and saw some of the same shows but this day was filled with unique magic of its very own. We ran to Dumbo and managed to get on the first ride again. We did all of Fantasyland and headed to Tomorrowland. We watched Cinderellabration and rode Splash Mountain five times to Rachel’s delight!

We were able to enjoy all of the rides. The thrill rides were thrilling of course. We also love those traditional rides. We sing loudly and off key in It’s A Small World and Carousel of Progress. We love going through the TTA even though some may find it boring. We love it when they page Mr. Morrow. Mr. Tom Morrow. My tween boys still get a kick out of Fantasyland.
When Steven was four years old he was chosen by Belle to play Gaston during Storytime with Belle. He has never lived this down with his brother! Stevie has been in speech therapy since he could talk and I will never forget him standing up there in that huge costume saying “mawwy me beww!” It is truly one of my favorite Disney memories and I have lots of Disney memories!

We grabbed a pretzel for Steven and some fruit for the rest of us and headed to Story Time with Belle. We grabbed the bench up front in the center and ate our fruit and pretzel while we waited for the show to start. Rachel was really exited about this opportunity to see Belle.

I watched the kids as they sat there. It was remarkable how big they had gotten. I can remember the boys watching this show as toddlers. Steven had gotten chosen to be Gaston once and Drew had been chosen to be Cogsworth once. I just can’t believe how much it is all slipping by. Drew will be in middle school this year and Rachel will start school.

Our trip was halfway over. I was really missing Malcolm and wished he was there so much. The kids were starting to get really tan and beautiful. This was such a good day.

Belle came to the stage and all of the little girls started shuffling around. And then IT happened! Belle chose Steven to be Gaston! Drew laughed so hard he almost choked on his grapes! Rachel was a little jealous and I was calling Malcolm to let him listen to “Marry me Belle!” Another 50 pictures!

Throughout this day we had heard at least twenty times, “No skating in the park”. We skated anyway. I was tired of reminding the kids to not skate. We watched the parade at 3 and then headed to the front. We walked under the tunnel and then it happened. We walked upon the bloody messy! A boy about my boys’ age had skated into a pole and was bleeding everywhere. There was a front gate Cast member who we later learned was a retired nurse. She was helping the child and nearly hysterical family. There was A LOT of blood. The next day we saw the same cast member and she told us that the child had required 19 stitches! Wow! Okay Tiki gods--we get your drift the wheels are on their way out. Now I am declaring "NO MORE SKATING IN THE PARKS!!!"

We got back to the hotel and took the wheels out of our Heelys!

Tonight Tinkerbell will Celebrate with Mickey Mouse and I will share a secret about a really awesome view of the fireworks.

Me DH DS 18 DS 16 DD 11

Old 08-07-2006, 06:56 PM   #100
tictoc
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanya90210
That sounds like quite an day... I sure wouldn't want to be woken up by some drunken idiot pounding on my door.... that's no fun...

Are you going to do a dining review on lecellier? We will be eating there in just about 2 weeks... towards the end of our trip so I'd love to hear any reviews
Tanya,

After my heart stopped racing the drunk guy was pretty funny! We even ran into him the next day as we were leaving to go to Chef Mickeys!

Quick Dining Review of LeCellier--It was a nice restaurant overall. It had a very nice waiting area to be seated. There was a nice garden I believe. The Kidcot station is right next to it and it is covered should it be sunny outside. The host was particularly charming and we were seated within minutes even though we were 45 minutes early for our ressie.

The tables are close enough that you can talk to your neighbors if you wish (I always talk to the neighbors). There is enough distance though that you do not feel obligated.

The service is great. As is the food. Our server was very nice and most accomodating to the sleeping Rachel. They allowed us to bring our stroller in so she could sleep there. We however, opted to put her on the bench.

The food was very good. Appetizers--I ordered the Shrimp Cocktail and although not a traditional shrimp cocktail, it was very good. My oldest son had the mussels. He was not real fond of them. I tasted one and I thought they were good. They did have a strong flavor however for a child or the gentleman from Arkansas! My youngest son got the soup and he does not like soup! My oldest enjoyed it though!

For entrees I got the filet and it was cooked perfect and very good. My oldest son got the salmon which he adored! He ate every bite! My youngest ordered the child's steak and it was good as well. Of course he does not eat anything!

For dessert I got the creme brule which was excellent. It is my favorite dessert! The children from Arkansas got chocolate cake and seemed to enjoy it!

The best part was the fact that the meal came to 170.00 approximately add that to the lunch and the snacks for that day and you could say I made out like a bandit on the meal plan!

I hope that you have a great trip and enjoy it to the fullest. I am leaving three weeks from tomorrow for my next trip and I am so excited!

Thanks for reading the report. I hope you are enjoying it.

Rhonda

Have a for me!

Me DH DS 18 DS 16 DD 11

Old 08-07-2006, 08:45 PM   #101
Tinker*Shell*Bell
DIS Veteran

Ok, any blood is bad, and 17 stitches is awful...but I'm glad it wasn't anyone in your group.

Can;t wait to read more.

Sheli

2009- GF; 2008- GF; 2006- CR/Poly; 2000 & 1990- Off Site; 1978-Disney Inn; 1974, 1973, 1972- Day Visits
Old 08-08-2006, 10:19 AM   #102
Torjohnson
we are all interested in the future because that is where you and I will spend the rest of our lives

ok, now I know what bloody heely means...I think that might be a little disturbing to see a major accident at disney.
You are a great writer. I really have been enjoying it.

Thanks

by the way, is that an ice cream bar on your signature?
hmmmmm

Old 08-10-2006, 09:42 PM   #103
tictoc
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torjohnson
by the way, is that an ice cream bar on your signature?
hmmmmm

Why yes it is an ice cream--glad you are paying attention! I keep missing you guys inthe chat! I have ben getting home really late!

Me DH DS 18 DS 16 DD 11

Old 08-10-2006, 09:44 PM   #104
tictoc
Mouseketeer

Tanya,

I saw your post on another report (not sure where!) Whispering Canyon Cafe is much much more fun for kids than LeCellier and the food is yum yummy! Just make sure one of your kids ask for the ketchup!

Me DH DS 18 DS 16 DD 11

Old 08-11-2006, 07:36 AM   #105
HMHunters
Extra credit to anyone with a picture of one of the Gibb brothers
Can it get any better than that?!

Great trip report! It's so nice to read how you bring some pixie dust along and sprinkly it liberally on the other guests. And thanks for the tip on the heelys - I know my DS is going to want to use his on our next trip, but I think we'll "forget" them!

WL Jan 2008 POFQ January 2007 Offsite Nov 2005 AKL Christmas 2004 POFQ Nov 2002 CR Christmas 2001 CR Christmas 1998 Offsite honeymoon May 1988
Completed WDW Full Marathon 2008 Completed WDW Half Marathon 2007

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: