Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-2006, 08:56 PM   #136
tictoc
Mouseketeer

Still Too Excited to Sleep—A Night with Rella

This entire day was spent at Magic Kingdom riding and re-riding all of the rides and watching all of the shows. This was one of those days where everyone is completely content. The day started by arriving before the park opened. The cast memebers had a game of Princess Hopscotch set up for the kids to play. rachel had so much fun that I bought her a set for her birthday. Hmmm I wonder if that was a ploy?

When it was just a few minutes until opening Steven realized he had to go to the bathroom. The cast member, the same one the retired nurse that had helped with the bloody Heeleys, let us run to the restroom by the Town Hall. When we finished we were yards ahead of everyone else just getting into the park!

We rode everything many times. The kids fought and I danced and sang down Main Street. About mid day my phone rang. It was Steven’s friend and he wanted to make sure Steven was having a good vacation. They talked for quite some time. Steven was sitting in the stroller with Rachel talking on the phone while Drew and I enjoyed watching the barbershop Quartet.

We also got an opportunity to see that princess from under the sea.

We also went to see the kinda weird Tiki Room. I prefer the original one myself.

this is for you David!

After riding and watching and playing all day it was time to head to 1900 Park Fare for Cinderella’s Royal Gala. We took the boat to the Grand Floridian. This is where it gets kinda funny. As we were walking up the path to the restaurant Steven told me that it hurt to walk. I figured out the culprit must be a heat rash! I did not have anything to treat it with. I went to the gift shop and found some Balmex. Of course I also bought Princess Rachel a beautiful new dress to wear to the meal. I did not eat the buffet, but I love that restaurant. There was a couple with their barely adult daughter sitting next to us. They were not real happy about being sat next to a family of kids. They never said anything directly, but made it obvious. Hmmm, did not really care. THIS IS DISNEYWORLD PEOPLE!!!!

Steven was really starting to complain now. I gave him the bag with the cream in it and told him to go to the bathroom and take care of it. Now you can imagine where this rash is. In all sincerity he asked Drew if he would go and help him put it on! I laughed so hard. Drew’s reaction was priceless. He looked at him and quietly said, “For this one bro, you are on your own.” Of course when I started laughing that got the boys and Rachel started as well. Rachel was really going nuts. I am sure that trio next to us really loved the seating arrangements now! So Steven went and took care of his own medical needs and we enjoyed the meal and some time with the crystal shoed celebrity and her prince. These characters were great. It was not overly crowded and they spent a lot of time with us. The prince was especially charming.

So after we ate, I politely turned to the table next to us, the table with the three kid unfriendly people sitting at it and asked if I could pay for their meal. After I explained that I still had several left over credits that would expire at midnight they obliged my request. We had finally managed to use all of our table service credits but still had seven counter service credits that would go to waste. Oh well, using up that dining plan is a lot of work and we had fought a good fight but just could not do it!

Drew wanted to go back to Magic Kingdom. He had early on in the trip requested that we visit the Virtual Magic Kingdom store and I had yet to take him there. I was not even really sure what it was. So we took the monorail over and went straight to that store on Main Street. We grabbed a rental and Rachel fell asleep. Maybe I need to get one of those strollers for her to sleep in at home. Somehow she manages to sleep much better in them.

So on to the subject of VMK. There were several computers stations set up and the idea was to create a character. I am not sure what the character does, but I do know that if you create it at the Magic Kingdom your character gets golden Mickey ears. So we create a character. At least two of us do. One of us slept in the stroller and one of us (me) sat on the floor next to the one asleep in the stroller.

After a while we realized there are some scavenger hunts that you can complete and earn furniture for your character’s room. We got the copies of the “hunts”. There were three different ones. We knew many of the answers but some you really had to look for. Drew said that he was satisfied with just completing one. He got the cards to match the quiz he completed. We got out of the park and transferred Rachel to her own stroller. We took the monorail to our car and headed to our waiting piece of the world.

We had 7 counter service credits left and fifteen minutes before they expired. Even if we just bought soda and bottled water it was a shame to let them go to waste. We headed to the food court area. When I thought about the bottled water still in the room I knew the right thing to do would be to give the credits away. There was a family getting in line with trays of food. I listened to their conversation long enough to know that they were just checking in and were tired. There were several kids in varying ages all of which had a pizza and a refillable Disney Vacation Club Mug. I pulled the mom aside and explained that I had all of these credits left and that if she would pay for the mugs I would pay for the pizzas and even throw in a dessert for each of them. At first she said I did not need to do that. I explained that if she did not let them buy my dinner she was gonna be wasting my hard earned money. Just throwing it away. So she obliged my request. I also threw in the bottled drinks. We had several left in the room. In fact, at check out we left several so it was not big sacrifice on our part. The funniest part was when she alked over and told her husband. He was so thrilled. What a great way to start out a vacation! Seven pizzas at 8 bucks each, 7 drinks at 2 bucks each and 7 Mickey Bars at 2.50 each. They saved a total of 80.00 the first night there!

The trip was really coming to a close, but we had done so much, had so much fun and I could lay my head on my pillow knowing I would only have to watch the Power Rangers two more times. I declared that after this trip I would never watch them again.

Tropical Storm Ernesto and I are Going to WDW for my Birthday! September 2006 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1209670

Me DH DS 18 DS 16 DD 11

Old 08-27-2006, 10:51 PM   #137
javamom
Rumored Avatar Fairy
Wooo hoooty it's been fun!

Location: Probably pouring over a park map, planning someone else's trip for them!

That's awesome that you shared so much of your meal credits on this trip, way to spread some pixie dust!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-29-2006, 01:17 AM   #138
tictoc
Mouseketeer

Still Too Excited to Sleep—Our Last Full Day at MGM or NOT

So we are no longer bouncing out of bed it is more like dragging. Tigger would not be proud. The plan according to Tour Guide Mike was to spend the entire day at MGM. The plan according to Steven and Drew was to return to The Magic Kingdom and finish those other two Scavenger Hunts! So being the coolest mom in the fifth grade we headed back to the home of the castle. We did not quite make it to the castle however. We made it as far as the VMK store and got our hands on those other two scavenger hunts and we started off. The first stop was to see how many cats there are in the mural of Cinderella on the tunnel through the castle. Rachel did insist that we at least ride a few rides. As we got to the final hunt we realized those rides that are in that quiz are at Animal Kingdom so we left the castle house and headed to the land where bugs gotta crawl. We decide to just do what was at Magic Kingdom.

After we had all the info we needed we headed back to the Virtual Magic Kingdom Store to turn in our results. Wow, what an achievement. We had all of this virtual furniture. Four sets of it in fact because you get a set for each ticket that you have. Where would I store it all in a virtual storage room? My idea was to head to MGM like Tour Guide Mike planned.

So we headed to MGM because I wanted to spend a little more time in One Man’s Dream. That turned out to be a little dramatic. Rachel walked through the room and got very “nostalgic”. Now how much nostalgia can a four year old muster. She watched the video and started crying. She wanted to know what had happened to all of the old characters. I guess my girl is a tradionalist! We went to see old Sorcerer Mickey himself and then the Little Einsteins. Even those modern characters could not force a smile from that girl!

However, the boys wanted to play with their new toys. So we headed back to the Pop where they could play and I could pack for a mere $9.99 access fee to the internet. That is how we spent the rest of the night. Our final night in the world. On the computer playing with virtual characters in virtual rooms with virtual furniture. I packed all of our things and he kids had a blast on that computer. And all was right in the world—Mickey’s and ours.

Kids even said I did not have to watch Power Rangers tonight. Wouldn’t want to break that tradition. So those colorfully clad guys and gals sang me to sleep.

Tropical Storm Ernesto and I are Going to WDW for my Birthday! September 2006 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1209670

Me DH DS 18 DS 16 DD 11

Old 08-29-2006, 01:18 AM   #139
tictoc
Mouseketeer

Still Too Excited o Sleep—It is over!

Everything was packed so I called for a bellman to help get our stuff to the airline check in. I do not ride the Magical Express busses but I do check my luggage at the hotel. I am not sure if that is allowed and I do not intend to ask. Well, to my surprise bell service does not start that early. I had to go to the front desk where they gave me a hand cart to use. They made me sign a waiver saying they were gonna charge me like a million dollars if I did not return it! Like I would be able to check that with the baggage!

I got my luggage loaded up and went to the check it. This service was quick, easy and efficient. The employees were also very nice. There was still a man in line just a griping about the service. Everything about the service. A free bus ride to the airport without having to cart your own luggage. What the heck is to complain about man? Get a grip!

I returned to the room and woke everyone up. It was our last day and I wanted to get going early. As we headed to our piece of the world we bid a fond goodbye to our hobo. We never actually saw him, but we knew he lurked close by. Till next trip such sweet sorrow! Sorry to be saying goodbye to the world but glad to get home to Malcolm. Besides, I had another trip to plan!

We decided we would head over to Animal Kingdom and get some more furniture. It was okay ‘cause one of the questions led us straight to Expedition Everest. We grabbed the fast passes we would need. There was another question about Dinosaur. My kids hate that ride, but said okay if it is for virtual furniture after all! We headed to the dino ride and there was hardly a wait. We got to the boarding area and chicken err I mean Princess Rachel said—not so much. So we watched the boys board while we made our way to the exit. We also had to ride the Khali River Rapids to get a stamp on the paper.

When we had all of the answers we made our way down Main Street and inside the VMK store one more time. We turned in our quizzes and found out there was another quiz we had not completed. There were actually two more. One was trivia questions and one was a list of items to purchase. Now some of those items were easy and some were hard. We had to be in the car at 3:30 so that I would not suffer a panic attack.

On a previous trip to the world I had made it to the airport two hours early but had almost missed my plane. I was there without kids and I found a very small boy who was lost. I ended up spending about thirty minutes helping him find his family! Then as my friend and I were going through the security there was some kind of glitch and that took forever too! We were the last two on the plane and had to gate check our carry-ons! Needless to say, I did not want to miss the flight. We had nowhere to stay and Memorial Hermann expected me to be at work the next morning!

Drew had agreed that he would only complete one of the sheets. We ran through the park and finally got all of the answers. This was so hard. We had to read all of the words on all of the windows on Main Street. The answers were not obvious! It was now almost one and hew turned it in and we went to see if we could get into eat at Tony’s. That was such a great lunch. We had the best waiter. I have eaten there so many times and that is one thing that is always consistent good wait staff. While we were eating I ran over and dropped of my photopass card and asked to make a CD. I told them I would pick it up after I ate.

While we were eating I started to feel like I should have gotten that last sheet completed for Drew. He had asked to go to that store early on in the trip and I had not gone in. So, I casually said, ya know I really would like to buy those items on that list anyway. His face lit up. We swallowed the rest of our food and set out. We had to go to Fantasyland first and buy a shirt and then ew had to go to Tomorrowland and buy something I do not remember! Here was the hard part, we had to go to Frontierland and buy a ride photo from Splash Mountain. We had already bought several of those. I did not think we would possible have time to wait and then buy the photo. I explained it to the cast member and he slipped me two kid switch tickets! So much magic, so little time.
We grabbed the photo after the ride. We still had to buy candy in Frontierland and a pin. We rushed through and let go of the rest of our money. The little but I had managed to keep. It was being spent on $10 fudge! It did not matter though. We had all of our treasure! We could go home now knowing we had defeated both the dining plan by using all of our credits and the VMK virtual furniture gods by getting every last card! Wahahahaha!

So now it was over. We came. We conquered. We left. Headed to our car valet parked at the Grand Floridian. It was moments before our Trail Blazer arrived and we were headed to the airport.

The time spent at the airport was uneventful. Uneventful except that the plane was almost tow hours late! It was almost 8:30 before we left on our 6:30 flight. That gave us some time to sit and relax. It had been quite a sprint to get all of that virtual furniture. I am just glad it all fit in our carry-on. We met such a nice family. The teenage girl got a kick out of Rachel and occupied her the entire waiting time. I met this very nice man who worked in a church and occupied me the entire time.

The time on the plane was crazy. The plane was full. In fact they were buying people’s seats. Horsgirl could add to her riches! I however, wanted to get home. When we got on the plane we were seated in front of a family that took the six seats behind us. Steven sat by the window, Rachel in the middle and I on the aisle. Drew sat on the aisle across from me.

There was a baby behind us that cried the entire time. But also in her family was an obvious special needs teenaged girl. She started crying very hard about the time the plane started to taxi. We had not taken off and the flight attendants were still walking the aisle. There was a very sweet flight attendant that asked the mom if she could do something for the girl. The mom explained that she got nervous at take off but once we were in the air she would be fine. The girl continued to cry very loudly. I felt so bad for that family and for their two girls—both the baby and the teenager. That extra time in the airport was just too much. Another flight attendant walked up and told the woman, “You are going to have to do something about her. She is annoying the people around her.” I looked over at Drew’s row who was the people closest to her and Drew was reading and the two people next to him were asleep.

I said, “It doesn’t seem like she is bothering anyone to me. Is anyone bothered by this?” No one dared to say yes! The flight attendant turned and walked away.

We took off and as promised, the girl stopped crying. The baby did not. The mother was so stressed out, I asked if I could hold the baby so Rachel could play with her. It worked the baby stopped crying for the time that Rachel played with her.

Soon it came time for refreshments. First the nice flight attendant came by and brought sandwiches. She gave Drew two. The people next to him were still asleep and I think she thought he was with the man. I think she gave Drew his sandwich.

In a few minutes the mean, let’s just call her evil flight attendant came by with the drink cart. She started serving and the people on Drew’s row woke up. The woman asked if she could have a sandwich. He man, who obviously had broken English also asked for a sandwich. The evil flight attendant said “These people need to stay awake. I can’t be going back and forth on this huge plane getting sandwiches.”

The woman on Drew’s row said “Did she say what I thought she said?”

When she returned the man said “you know you should not be so angry. When you are so angry it makes you very ugly.” The evil one was very mad now. But she knew to keep it to herself. Utahmama would have been so proud of that man. So proud that he set that evil flight attendant straight!

The rest of the flight was uneventful. The baby kept crying, but I was numb to it by then. As we entered the landing the people around me started to panic. Several of them had to catch other flights in other terminal and because of the tardiness of our plane they were on a tight time limit. The woman with the special needs child was really upset. She was so worried about missing the flight because she just did not want her daughter to have to sit at the airport longer. The girl could not walk very fast and she was really afraid she would not make it. When we landed I got to the front and asked the flight attendant to call her one of those riding carts to take her to the other terminal. I told her she owed the girl that. I exited the plane not knowing if she had called or not, but I was hoping.

As we four very tired, very happy Disney vacationers made our way towards Daddy we got a wave by the family with the crying baby and the girl that could not walk very fast as they rode past us on their cart. It brought tears to my eyes really. Too much magic I guess! I wanted to shout out in victory that they would make their connecting flight!

We go to the baggage claim area and I always hate that mess. Just as we were coming up to the carousel they called my name overhead and told me to report to this office. I entered the office to find out my luggage had been left behind. It was still on vacation. I guess it just did not get enough fun! They said not tow worry they knew where it was but that it had gone to Connecticut! It would be home in the morning and they would deliver it to our house. Boy, now that was magic!

I told you that my day starts pretty early and I left my house the next morning at 5:00. I had to go to work so I could make some money for my next trip. It was after all, coming up pretty soon! It was only 83 days away! Around 9:00 Malcolm called to let me know that my luggage had been delivered and was safely at home.

What a wonderful trip!

Me DH DS 18 DS 16 DD 11

Old 08-29-2006, 03:01 PM   #140
Boo99
Earning My Ears

Hi Rhonda,

Congrats on finishing your trip report and I see you already started your next one. You did an awesome job!!

Hope you have a great trip again. Can't wait to see your next TR

We will be missing you in chat this week!!!

Sue

Old 08-29-2006, 04:06 PM   #141
Beana9802
DIS Veteran

Excellent Trip report! :0) Sad its over.....but glad I got a chance to meet you and your family! Thanks for sharing.

Also, thank you for being such a wonderful angel for that mother. I am sure she appreciated all the help that you and your surrounding passengers gave. I am a special ed teacher, so just....thanks!!
Old 08-29-2006, 05:38 PM   #142
Disneyland_Mama
His head instantly inflated!!!
I don't suck!!! I ROCK!!!
DIS juices are a flowin'!!

Great TR! I really enjoyed reading it! You have a heart of Disney gold!!
Hope you have a great time on your next adventure!
Old 08-30-2006, 12:24 AM   #143
jaycns
I am green with envy. Vanilla Ice is MY closet obsession!
I've got PUNKY POWER!
ppppfartttt - it was the SHOES! I swear!
It's wonderful to see the dropper of the poo

Enjoy your next vacation! Make more magical memories and make sure you report back to us!! Thanks again for sharing all of the wonderful memories!!
Old 08-30-2006, 06:19 AM   #144
averill94
DIS Veteran

Cant wait for the next one!

It is so awesome that you spoke up for that poor woman and her family- ( she was probably really stressing out) And the evil flight attendant - what an animal.

Thank you so much for sharing it all.
Old 08-30-2006, 10:50 AM   #145
DisneyWorld Delight
No Tag For You!

Enjoyed the whole thing. Thanks for sharing!

2001 Dixie Landings - 2002 Port Orleans Riverside - 2003 Coronado Springs -
2004 Beach Club - 2005 Wonder/Wilderness Lodge - 2005 Beach Club - 2006 Paradise Pier @ DL -
2007 Pop Century - 2008 Grand Floridian - 2008 Carribean Beach - 2009 Port Orleans French Quarter -
2010 Swan - 2011 Yacht Club
Old 08-30-2006, 12:16 PM   #146
UtahMama
Wakey, wakey, Eggs and Bakey

Diet Cherry PEPSI Queen
I speak toddler
What in the Sam Hill is going on around here?

[QUOTE=tictoc
When she returned the man said “you know you should not be so angry. When you are so angry it makes you very ugly.” The evil one was very mad now. But she knew to keep it to herself. Utahmama would have been so proud of that man. So proud that he set that evil flight attendant straight!

[/QUOTE]
OH MY Gosh! I'm honored to have a cameo in your TR! I was just SOOO getting into this part and THERE I was!!!! I was thinking what I would do....and was stumped. Somehow, "DONT YOU KNOW WHO I AM????", may have made her go all postal! I usually "ask" the offenders name either from the offender herself or a co-worker (who're usually GLAD to nark on the offender!) to make them think just maybe this Mama with 4 kids is a secret shopper (or flyer). I'd even make sure my written info. was OUT for the pissy one to glance at! I'm a virgo. Sneeky, manipulative, passive aggressor.

I am impressed at your sharing your food credits with the pizza family and the pissy trio! WAY to spread the magic, sister!!!!

I do not want to get involved in VMK! But we (we being the males of the Utahmama fam-dam-a-lama) are so drawn to that kind of stuff. I'll point across the street of VMK at something quazi-interesting "Lookie that fat birdie!!!" in hopes to avoid vmk.

I LOVED your trippie tictoc! Have fun and be safe!!! Maybe I'll run into you!!!
Old 08-30-2006, 02:42 PM   #147
sharonW
DIS Veteran

great report

Rhonda...a wonderful report. You are such a generous and
good hearted soul. You kindness should come back to you
many times over. I hope this trip is more magical then the ones
before. You are truely an inspiration!! Have a disney day!!
Old 08-30-2006, 04:14 PM   #148
rosiejo
Wonky Chick
Look out for wedding crashing DISers!
Blimey you guys were hyper last night

Oh wow! That is seriously the best trip report I have read on these boards, and I finished it in one sitting! It sounds like you had the most amazing trip, you saw and did so much and your family sound just great! Pixie dust was had by all Can I come with you on your next trip? Only I know the answer is no because you are already there! Can't wait to read all about it
Old 08-30-2006, 09:43 PM   #149
femail
can't understand why disney doesn't need it's own mailman..

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahMama
OH MY Gosh! I'm honored to have a cameo in your TR! I was just SOOO getting into this part and THERE I was!!!! I was thinking what I would do....and was stumped. Somehow, "DONT YOU KNOW WHO I AM????", may have made her go all postal! I usually "ask" the offenders name either from the offender herself or a co-worker (who're usually GLAD to nark on the offender!) to make them think just maybe this Mama with 4 kids is a secret shopper (or flyer). I'd even make sure my written info. was OUT for the pissy one to glance at! I'm a virgo. Sneeky, manipulative, passive aggressor.

I am impressed at your sharing your food credits with the pizza family and the pissy trio! WAY to spread the magic, sister!!!!

I do not want to get involved in VMK! But we (we being the males of the Utahmama fam-dam-a-lama) are so drawn to that kind of stuff. I'll point across the street of VMK at something quazi-interesting "Lookie that fat birdie!!!" in hopes to avoid vmk.

I LOVED your trippie tictoc! Have fun and be safe!!! Maybe I'll run into you!!!
postal?? postal?? ahem* excuuuuuuuuuse me, if you need to know anything about going postal, please visit with an expert.... hmph!!

"the love you take is equal to the love you make..."
femail...kathye

ive been booed....
Old 09-05-2006, 12:25 AM   #150
tictoc
Mouseketeer

I HAVE LOOKED HIGH AND i HAVE LOOKED LOW

but I have not ran into Utahmama!

Thanks to everyone for reading my report! My new report Trpocial Storm Ernesto and I are Going to WDW for My Birthday is up and running. I am packed and ready to go home tomorrow. Cyring buckets, but glad to get back to reality a little too. oh, who am I kidding???

Anyway, I am glad I have all of you great disers to share my memories with!

Me DH DS 18 DS 16 DD 11

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: