Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2006, 12:39 PM   #1
Mr. D's K-Man
Life is uncertain
Eat dessert first

The K-Man and Mister Disney's trip of Gluttony to the Bistro de Paris

OK Mouseketters … you asked for a review from Kevin who will otherwise be known as Mr. D's K-Man … here it comes. I’ll at least start with the intro and finish up with the closing remarks, and let Mister Disney pick it up in between. I’m not sure I can meet your expectations, or maintain the high standards that Mister Disney has set. You see, not only am I of “different demographics , I’m also of different dynamic, writing style and often eating habits.

Don’t get me wrong, I love to eat. However, I totally subscribe to the philosophy that: “Life is uncertain. Eat dessert first. ” As soon as we arrive at a restaurant, I start scoping out the desserts and budgeting my intake on the dessert menu. Am I sounding more like Garfield than a Disney Character? Spank me and shackle me to the wall with the other Pirates of the Caribbean.

Mister Disney (L) and the K-Man (R)
Mr. D's K-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 12:42 PM   #2
MareQ
How exactly are the drunk people supposed to get up there
I like mine extra fruity!
We have OTTERS posting here?????

LMAO - LOVE the name (Although I liked my suggestion better )

Can't wait to read your review
MareQ is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-28-2006, 12:44 PM   #3
MyGoofy26
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. D's K-Man
However, I totally subscribe to the philosophy that: “Life is uncertain. Eat dessert first.
Good philosophy!
MyGoofy26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 12:46 PM   #4
Mister Disney
Ludwig Von Drake of Disney Fine Dining

(the DIS board wouldn't allow the K-Man to post a pic yet, because he is a new member, so I am posting for him....thank goodness for dual computer households!)
Mister Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 12:47 PM   #5
curiouser
Keep believing, keep pretending...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. D's K-Man
Spank me and shackle me to the wall with the other Pirates of the Caribbean.
Oh this is gonna be good...
curiouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 12:49 PM   #6
makinorlando
When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do. Walt Disney

Love the new "name" and the picture!
martha_tweets on Twitter
http://thedailygrindbymak.blogspot.com
http://makproject365.blogspot.com (I still use my Disney photos from time to time!)

makinorlando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 12:55 PM   #7
Mr. D's K-Man
Life is uncertain
Eat dessert first

where was I before I got rudely interrupted by techinical difficulties on the DIS......

So, Mister Disney and I on the Saturday night of Easter Weekend blew off Kimonos and went to Amore off property (more about that in another thread). Amore really was a great sushi restaurant. While we always finish sushi off with fried tempura cheesecake or something sweet, this night we decided that we’d go back on property and have dessert in France and catch the light show at Epcot. My first trip to Disney World, Mister Disney surprised me by taking me to Chefs De France where the desserts are incredible. Twist my arm Mister Disney … I’ll go back to France.

Set the scene, it’s 8 PM on Saturday night of Easter weekend at Walt Disney World. With no ADR, we arrive at Chefs De France and Mister Disney takes a deep breath, sprinkled himself with Pixie Dust and asked the cute 20 something young French woman for seating for 2. “Monsieur Disney, I’m sorry, but with no ADR, there was no seating.” Still glowing with Pixie Dust, Mister Disney tried a different approach. “We’d just like to have desserts”. Well, all the pixie dust in Neverland was going to get Miss France to budge. Oh Fudge. So, we politely thanked her and decided that somewhere along the Champs Elise there had to be another dessert opportunity just waiting for us.
Old 04-28-2006, 01:03 PM   #8
Mr. D's K-Man
Life is uncertain
Eat dessert first

We strolled back towards the shops de Paris and began looking for that hidden croissant. Nothing Popped out at us, so we shrugged our shoulders and desserts in France just weren’t on the plate for us. Poor Mister Disney, the weight of the world was on his shoulders. He promised me dessert in France, and not even un petit gateau.

As we were leaving France, there was a small sign on a non-descript doorway “Bistro de Paris”. Nothing special about the appearance. In fact, it seemed nothing more than the back door to Chefs De France. Looking through, we could see those who had made their ADRs savouring leurs patisseries, leur crèmes, and leurs petits gateaux. Suddenly, I found myself humming that song from “Oliver” … Food Glorious Food. I transformed from Garfield to Oliver and turned to Mister Disney and said “Please Sir, I want some more.
Old 04-28-2006, 01:05 PM   #9
Mr. D's K-Man
Life is uncertain
Eat dessert first

So, Mister Disney, still aglow with pixie dust turned to the 20 something French man and asked for seating for 2. Politely and apologetically, the Frenchman said to Mister Disney, “we can seat you Sir, but unfortunately, there will be a 15 minute wait.” The poor boy must have seen the look of pain on my face. Keeping his composure, Mister Disney responded, “we’ll gladly wait. Oh and by the way, is it ok for us to just have desserts and drinks?” Politely, he responded, “yes, Sir.”

Boy, this Frenchman was feeding right into Mister Disney. I had to break this all up or I Mister Disney would be demanding me to call him “Sir” by the end of the night. I pushed my way to the podium and interrupted. “Excuse me, jeune homme, avez-vous une salle de bains? You see, my partner is in desperate need of une salle de bains.” He motioned to the grand staircase wrapping up the wall to the second floor. I pointed to the stairway and said to Mister Disney, “GO”!
Old 04-28-2006, 01:17 PM   #10
Cruz Family
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Disney
That is one heck of a demographic!

Cruz Family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 01:22 PM   #11
01Sweetpea
DIS Veteran

This is gonna be good! Keep writing!

You look so "at home" in that pic!
2009 - Anniversary at the Swan
01Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 01:37 PM   #12
Mister Disney

OK, I guess I'll start.....

We get upstairs and are shown to our table. Its a nice little table by a window.

Our Server, whose name escapes me at the moment...came up and brought us Dinner Menus. I explained that we just wanted to have dessert and I hope this would not cause a problem.

He said absolutely not and immediately brought us the Bistro's Dessert menu.

We looked it over and had decided that we would order the Cheese Plater and the Dessert Sampler Platter......

THAT WAS...until we saw a dessert sampler platter being delivered to another table....and I thought to myself...."self...that just isn't going to be enough for us!" At this point, I suggested to Kevin that we should try full sized desserts and skip the sampler.

Since we couldn't decide on one or two full sized desserts, we decided we would try them ALL and we DID!

Mister Disney a.k.a. Bob and Kevin a.k.a. Mr. D's K-Man
Old 04-28-2006, 01:41 PM   #13
Mister Disney

Our Server (a nice little Frenchman who called me SIR!) returned to our table and I explained to him that we were going to try all of the desserts on the menu and as he looked at me with wide eyes, I further explained that we would be sharing them and would like them brought out one at a time, in the order that we picked. He had absolutely no problem with this.

We began with:

Soupe de fruits frais au sirop de vin doux de vouvray et basilica, macarons a la pistache, son sorbet a la fraise "mara des bois" et liqueur de chartreuse

Fresh fruit soup with sweet Vouvray wine and basil syrup, pistachio macaroon, "Mara des bois" strawberry and chartreuse liquor sorbet

Old 04-28-2006, 01:50 PM   #14
jenrose66
DIS Veteran

I just got home from the worst day of work ever! As I wallow in the fact that I can never quit my job, what do I find? A Mister Disney and Kevin dessert review.

Thank you Nothing like a well written dessert review and pictures to make a pregnant woman happy.
Old 04-28-2006, 01:52 PM   #15
Mister Disney

The "Fruit Soup", I thought would be like a fruit cocktail in syrup, MAN ALIVE was I WRONG!

The "sauce" was very light and not at all syrupy and the fruit was obviously added at the time of preparation, as the flavors of each of the berries and pieces of fruit had not intermingled but tasted as indivduals when "sipped" with the "broth" of the soup.

In between sips of our soup we noshed on the macaroons. I have never tasted a macaroon such as these, they were light and airy, almost like puffs of air. My remembrance of macaroons are chew little things.

Finishing off with the sorbet... The sorbet was not overly sweet or cold and melted slowly across our palettes as we savored each spoonful.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: