Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2006, 11:37 AM   #76
Loubon
Tutor Magnet (Talk to me)
Knows someone with real Mod super powers
Thinks he's stalked by the lady

Forgot to mention......

Quote:
Originally Posted by hucifer
The stuff smells like wart remover!
I don't even want to know how you know that.....

There's Clowns To The Left Of Me ....
Old 05-16-2006, 11:35 AM   #77
hucifer
The tag that was here was staler than 3 yr old bread crumbs
The Van Halen song "Running with the Devil" was about my parakeet!
Smell anything? It's just my sauerkraut

MickeyDee, you need to watch your liquid consumption while reading...that sounds like it HURT...carbonated beverage in the nose...ow.

razamataz, only one problem had I gone into the men's room...now maybe if I had one of those products that allow me to go while standing up...hmm...

abe_froman, I remember you! You had that really cool costume with the material. And stuff. Yeah. Good times. Except for the crowds.

DISUNC, Brontosaurus Burger! I should have mentioned that in the caption. Doh!

MagicMe, thanks for suffering through my previous trip report. Did you notice how I'm a little more long-winded through this one?

Loubon...um...genital warts are more common than you think.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-19-2006, 04:46 PM   #78
hucifer

Day 3. There’s No Crying in Disney World!

Part 1. Rules are rules

We let ourselves sleep in until 7am. I groggily get up, exhausted and feeling hung over from the previous evening’s fight with the crowds. Looking in the mirror, I’m relieved to see my own face staring back at me. And I’m glad my eyes are looking straight ahead. The scar is gone, the wig is gone, the glasses are gone…but my tongue is sore from faking an English accent and the sides of my head still hurt from the Harry glasses pressing into them all night. Good thing I don’t do this very often, I’m not as young as I used to be. Looking over at Dan, I’m equally relieved to see that Ugh the Amish Caveman has been replaced by my sleeping hubby. I look down and see the shiny Roo prize that Dan obtained twelve hours earlier.

Dan did the “Where are we going today? Blizzard Beach?” again this morning. I finally realized he does this simply for a reaction. He knows I’m not going to tell squat, he just wants to see me get all animated and angry and do the “stop asking me, you’ll see when we get there!” rant. Husbands know how to push your buttons better than anybody, don’t they? And they love doing it. So instead of giving him what he wants, I learned to just laugh at him.

When he sees his old tactics aren’t working, he dreams up a new one and gives me a pouty face. “Blizzard beach doesn’t exist.”

I said, “You finally figured it out, now stop asking me about it.”

The morning after. Pretty, isn't it? Looks like it might be a nice day. For once.

Early into this trip, Dan and I established some ground rules for everyone to follow, regardless if anyone else knows about them or not. The first major rule: There is no crying in Disney World. I mean, you are in the Happiest Place on Earth, Where Magic Lives, enjoying the Happiest Celebration on Earth…there can be no plausible reason for the whining, pouting, and especially, crying.

This rule is mostly abused by children. Mostly.

When we are in the presence of a crying child, Dan will point out the violation by loudly announcing, “There’s no crying in Disney World.”

And I will confirm this rule by saying, “That’s the law.” Just to erase any doubt on the violator’s part.

The second rule involves swearing…usually, this law is abused by adults. Mostly.

Pal Mickey said he really missed us last night at the Halloween party and it was really lonely all by himself in the hotel and oh boy, it sure would be swell if he could tag along with us today. I find it hard to resist his guilt tactics, so I clip him on my side and we hit the sidewalk to walk to the Poly monorail.

No alligators today. If I dress up like a gazelle, wrap raw bacon around my ankles, and wade waist-high in the pond, would that help?

Everything started off fine and incident-free on the monorail to Epcot. We patiently sat on the train and waited for our stop.

Then…it happened.

A young family of three boarded our section of the monorail. The mom enters first, pushing a stroller with a little girl of about two onto the train. The dad is right behind them. The couple sit down next to us and leave their daughter in the stroller, facing us. This little girl has the most hypnotizing smile I’ve ever seen on a child, and she isn’t shy about sharing it with me and Dan.

This little girl is so beautiful. I cannot help but stare at her…I’m fixated on this little face…I don’t know if I’ve ever seen such a happy and adorable child. She stares back, but with that maniacal grin, as if she knows she’s hypnotizing me. Dan’s attention is on her, too. Then the little girl breaks the stare. She turns to her mom, reaches her arm out to touch her mom’s leg, and says, “Tickle me, Mommy.” The mom leans forward and brushes her fingers under her chin. The little girl looks back up at me and goes into a mad giggling fit.

Oh man, this is too adorable.

A few moments later and the giggling stops but the grin is still wide on her face. She leans forward and touches her mother’s leg again. “Tickle me, Mommy.” And fingers are tickling her neck again and this little girl is squirming and giggling in her stroller and staring right at us with this unbelievable smile. The daughter couldn’t get enough of the tickling, and she wouldn’t stop grinning at me.

I couldn’t look away. I suddenly felt a wave of motherly love wash over me.

It happened all at once. This powerful rush of emotions hit me like a slap in the face. The next thing I knew, my eyes were welling up with tears. I forced myself to turn away from her and face the window of the monorail. It was an emotional torture built by years of infertility…the pain and agony of being unable to have your own. I looked up at Dan, hoping for some kind of solace. It was happening again, the calm just before I lost all composure and would burst into uncontrollable bawling. My lips were quivering, the tears were now spilling down my cheeks; I was trying so hard to contain the explosion that was ready to burst right there in the monorail.

The mom…does she see this? Does she realize what her little girl is doing to me? Although my back was to the family, I felt as though the whole monorail was in a hush, and that everyone was watching me and waiting for the Psycho Woman to lose it.

I saw thousands of beautiful children in Disney World…but none of them had ever driven me to such an emotional state. However, I have had an episode like this before. It happened when I was in the waiting area before a haircut appointment back home. A young family had their newborn son with them. For the first ten minutes, the baby slept. I leaned over and admired the sleeping cutie in the car seat. But when the infant woke up, it wasn’t fussy or crabby; it was cooing and gurgling and making those unmistakable newborn sounds that absolutely melt your heart. It happened all at once there too, and out of nowhere…my eyes filled up with tears and my body was jerking as I suppressed these spontaneous sobs. But, sitting there in the salon, I realized that no matter how much I tried to conceal it, there was no way to cover up what was about to happen. I knew I was about twelve seconds away from making a scene that I could not control. I literally ran out of the salon like a maniac and threw myself into my car, where I sat behind the wheel and uncontrollably bawled and screamed and sobbed. It freaked me out…I had never experienced such a sudden and violent burst of grief in my life.

It was about to happen here, too and I knew it. But we were on a moving monorail and there was nowhere for me to lose it in private. Dan looked down at me and very gently said, “There’s no crying in Disney World.” His eyes were sweet and understanding. I still struggled to fight the sobbing that was threatening to explode from inside. But Dan knew how to calm me down with his tender words and soft voice. It took every muscle in my throat that I had, but I was able to swallow that mammoth lump in my throat. I wiped my face and weakly smiled at him. I kept my back to the family and tried very hard to pretend that they weren’t there. “Get me away from all of this,” I croaked. As soon as the doors opened, I sprinted from the monorail and never looked back at the haunting face on the train.

Once we were through the gates, I was calmed down but I still needed the stimulation of the park to keep my mind off of things. If I thought too much about that little girl, the lump in the throat would form and I’d be choking back the tears all over again. “We’re next to Spaceship Earth. Some folks think it looks like a huge golf ball, but you’d have to be over a mile tall to play golf with it. I don’t know about you, but if I were a mile tall, I’d be playing basketball!”

Ah, that did it. Thanks, Mickey. You are so reliable.

---------------------------------

I figured that was the end of it…until I discovered that the adorable little girl on the monorail has DISboard parents. A few weeks after we returned from WDW, I posted about this experience on a thread. The mom recognized me; since then we have exchanged a few PMs. Here are a couple pictures of Mom & Hannah:

Couldn't you just pinch those cheeks?

-----------------------

Next installment: Part 2. The art of nose picking

Last edited by hucifer; 05-19-2006 at 04:59 PM.
Old 05-19-2006, 05:17 PM   #79
Micheme
DIS Veteran

Wendy

I have been waiting for this for a long time. It brings such mixed emotions, I feel so bad that our little family caused you such sadness... especially in the happiest of places. It was with tears I read your trip report but I hope you can look back on it now with less hurt. I think maybe it was meant to be and we were meant to collide that day on the monorail. The journey of infertility is so difficult with some ups and a whole lot of downs. You witnessed the end of our journey with the adoption of our special princess and I can only wish and dream that your journey will soon take another path... a journey into parenthood.

Michelle and smiling hannah
Old 05-19-2006, 06:08 PM   #80
Daisysmom
Mouseketeer

Oh my gosh! This is the best trip report I have ever read. So very well written; I have been glued to it - actually reading all of it, not skimming a bit! Please don't stop!

I too have waged the infertility battle. The ups and downs are so tough. You seem like you would be such a great mom, with your sense of humor and your candor and insight. I hope that some day, some way, you will realize this dream.

Old 05-19-2006, 08:51 PM   #81
Loubon
Tutor Magnet (Talk to me)
Knows someone with real Mod super powers
Thinks he's stalked by the lady

Well you finally found a way to shut me up!

There's Clowns To The Left Of Me ....
Old 05-19-2006, 09:03 PM   #82
MommyPoppins
Tangled with the TF in a moment of weakness
A new saying!
I'm telling you what...I'd pay goog money

Great report! I'm glad to see another report from you! You are so talented! I have been laughing all night, until this last page. But how amazing that she was a DIS baby. What a small world!

I can't wait to hear more!
Old 05-19-2006, 11:52 PM   #83
DISUNC
I cried like a baby watching the last 3 minutes of "The Way We Were"
3 bottles of Soda, A Xtra large Cheese doodles & a plunger! Someone is having a Party...Can I come?
AGGGGGGGH I am Ruined!

Thank you for the update!
Old 05-19-2006, 11:57 PM   #84
razamataz
Earning My Ears

It is never as easy to share one's personal struggles. Yet, you conveyed(sp?) them as eloquently as you have shared the funny moments. My heart goes out to you.

Old 05-20-2006, 01:17 AM   #85
burly
DIS Veteran

I just love your trip report. You should know that even though I could have kids and had 4.....the sight of another heavenly face can still send me into uncontrolled hormonal bursts. Here's hoping and wishing you will find your babies someday. Bless you!
Old 05-20-2006, 10:02 AM   #86
hucifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micheme
Wendy

I have been waiting for this for a long time. It brings such mixed emotions, I feel so bad that our little family caused you such sadness... especially in the happiest of places. It was with tears I read your trip report but I hope you can look back on it now with less hurt. I think maybe it was meant to be and we were meant to collide that day on the monorail. The journey of infertility is so difficult with some ups and a whole lot of downs. You witnessed the end of our journey with the adoption of our special princess and I can only wish and dream that your journey will soon take another path... a journey into parenthood.

Michelle and smiling hannah
Michelle, what a beautiful post! And what a beautiful family you have. I am so happy that we collided that day on the monorail...and that we found each other here on the DISboards.

This was one of the most memorable parts of my trip last year. But it certainly turned into something so positive...I felt as though your little girl was reminding me how much adoption changes our lives for the better.
Old 05-20-2006, 10:03 AM   #87
hucifer

I read every post here...and I appreciate every one.

Thanks to all of you who take the time to compliment me or send their well wishes. Thank you so much!
Old 05-20-2006, 12:46 PM   #88
HomeSweetDisney
Like Cheap Trick I surrender.
perfectly happy eating a bowl of cereal
..."and that my liege, is how we know the earth to be banana shaped."

First I just want to say that the most recent part of your TP had me in tears. You really have such a way with words and I extend all my best to you

Second and most importantly...I TOTALLY SAW YOU IN DISNEYWORLD! I was actually working there at the time, as part of the Disney College Program. I remember seeing you and telling my fellow CM "OMG, look it's Harry Potter!" She laughed at me because I wanted you to come over to where I was working so bad so I could compliment your costume. Unfortunately, you didn't but now I can say to you "what an awesome costume!" I loved it

I really love your reports and I can't wait to read more from you
Old 05-20-2006, 01:01 PM   #89
hucifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeSweetDisney
Second and most importantly...I TOTALLY SAW YOU IN DISNEYWORLD! I was actually working there at the time, as part of the Disney College Program. I remember seeing you and telling my fellow CM "OMG, look it's Harry Potter!" She laughed at me because I wanted you to come over to where I was working so bad so I could compliment your costume. Unfortunately, you didn't but now I can say to you "what an awesome costume!" I loved it

I really love your reports and I can't wait to read more from you
That is hilarious! I was LOL reading this. Where did you work? And BTW, THANKS!
Old 05-20-2006, 04:37 PM   #90
HomeSweetDisney
Like Cheap Trick I surrender.
perfectly happy eating a bowl of cereal
..."and that my liege, is how we know the earth to be banana shaped."

Quote:
Originally Posted by hucifer
That is hilarious! I was LOL reading this. Where did you work? And BTW, THANKS!
I was working in Fantasyland that night at Mrs. Potts Ice Cream. And don't think I wasn't considering going out there and telling you how cool you looked! But my manager came to our location right as I was going to sneak away and I didn't get to. Vindicated at last!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: