Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2006, 10:41 PM   #616
connorsmom911
DIS Veteran

Just another one chiming in to add my CONGRATULATIONS!!! to the list! AGoofymom e-mailed me earlier tonight and spoiled the surprise before I got a chance to read it, but I've been in bed for 2 days with a cold. I am so happy for you both! Enjoy every moment, cause they pass by so quickly and they grow up so fast...my "peanut" just measured 43" the other day, that's 3" since the end of March, and he's only 3!!!

Here's hoping there's something in the water at WDW or something in the DIS boards that keeps popping up with trip report preggers...we're trying for a souvenir of our own on our trip back in 2 weeks.

Again, wishing you all the best!!

Life in Six Words..."Making My Own Happily Ever After"
Old 10-10-2006, 11:27 PM   #617
DisneyBrat
Mouseketeer

Congrats on the little one on the way! You tell a great story and show what fun life is all about Can't wait to read more TR's from you!

Lew

PS must be somthing in the water... My good friend whom is 40 just found out they are expecting. They gave up after 10 yrs of trying...
2008 Clarion Universal Studios 7 Days (Sept)
2007 Shades of Green 12 days (Jan)
2004 Contemporary 12 days (Jan)
2003 Cruise/Universal offsite (July)
2001 Offsite Orbit One 10 days (Jan)
1998 Fort Wilderness 3 weeks (Sept)
1993 Offsite 10 days(May)
1991 Offsite dont remember where (Nov)
1986 Offsite Quality Inn Plaza 7 days (June)
1972 FIRST TRIP TO DISNEY!!!!! Remeber the ticket system? WOW had to choose which rides to ride UGGGHH too much pressure for a 5 yr old
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-11-2006, 06:37 AM   #618
sheridac
DIS Veteran

Wendy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You and Brat have a fab-uuu-lus time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bye Bye!!!!!!!

Last edited by sheridac; 10-11-2006 at 06:38 AM. Reason: but for the love of cream cheese mashed potatoes ~ LEAVE THAT GODAWFUL FANNY PACK AT HOME!!!!!!!!!!! ((big grin))
Old 10-11-2006, 02:09 PM   #619
serendipity
DIS Veteran

I was home sick the past two days and stumbled across your trip report. I cannot tell you I read it from start to finish. It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. I laughed and I cried. Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. Congratulations on your "little peanut" . And now I see that you're going back to the world tomorrow and can't wait for the next report to come my way.
January 2008- Paris (with day trip to Disneyland Paris), Germany, Austria, Florence and Rome!!!/May 2007- Honeymoon at Disneyland and the great out west!/February 2007-Long weekend at POR/November 2007-Early Christmas at ASSp/WL/AKL/April 2006-Birthday celebration/1st trip with my husband at ASMo/AKL/1996-2000- Summers in Orlando every year to visit my Grandmother

Old 10-14-2006, 06:37 AM   #620
Briarmom
Bessie Robindale
Larry's been done. Laird is refreshing!
I always thought it was my farsighted left eye that did me in
Knows about bone folders

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpk89
Oh, Wendy.

Full circle from that long-ago chapter (was that last year or something?) where you made me cry on the monorail with you, at the sight of that little princess.

And here you are. All pregnant and stuff. Making me cry again for you.

Great report, and your fabulous sense of humor will carry you far in the world of parenting. Trust me.

Congratulations to both of you! What wonderful news.
Couldn't have said it better.

Congrats and pass the Kleenex. I'm a cryin happy tears over here!
Old 10-14-2006, 08:01 AM   #621
sunny_medford
DIS Veteran

What a trip!
Thanks for the wonderful trip report. I was hooked very early on and am sad it has ended so soon.
Tears of joy are streaming down my face. I just told my 9 yr old son the other day, one of the most important things I can teach him is laugh at himself and see a little humor in everything. I have faith that you and Dad will succeed at this with your own little peanut!

by the way....doesn't get you out of the spy accusation....

Old 10-14-2006, 01:11 PM   #622
HomeSweetDisney
Like Cheap Trick I surrender.
perfectly happy eating a bowl of cereal
..."and that my liege, is how we know the earth to be banana shaped."

Well...I am in a horribly sentimental mood today so reading through the last of your trip report probably wasn't the brightest idea I've ever had

But seriously, when I read that you are expecting, my eyes just FILLED with tears immediately. I remembered reading your earlier installment with the little girl on the monorail and I just felt sooooooooooooo happy for you and Dan. I haven't been keeping up with this TR (or as many others) as I would have liked since I have been so busy with school. But I am really glad I caught up on yours today, it made me so happy! Now you have a little Disney baby on the way and I just know you will both be the coolest, funnest, and sweetest parents ever.

Congratulations!!
Old 10-17-2006, 09:51 AM   #623
calanniebu
... you're never to old to love a little pooh bear ... wonders if the tag fairy will tag the newbies ...
sales are good - I'm the queen of them :-) and it looks like the Tag Fairy answered your question!

I've been following along through this whole story and just felt the need to say thank you for sharing your trip with us ... and congratulations on your pregnancy! :-) hope you had a blast in the World. :-)
~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~
Old 10-17-2006, 03:53 PM   #624
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.

Hi Wendy... I enjoyed your trip report SO much. When I saw you had posted the end, I went to the beginning and read it all over. You are so talented in your writing. I love reading about couples like you and Dan. As you read, it's like we're having the fun with you guys. I was so happy for you when I read the epilogue, like I knew you or something! I felt terrible for you when I read about how you cried when you saw that cute little girl on the monorail. CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR PREGNANCY!! You and Dan will be such wonderful parents. Can't wait for your next trippie.. have a magical day!
Old 10-17-2006, 03:55 PM   #625
RockyMtnMaria
Mouseketeer

Don't laugh, but the HP lounge is one of my favorite spots in Epcot! We try to avoid Epcot on weekends because it is closed then. Just scan an HP badge at the enterance, and you can walk right in. The first time we didn't have our badge with us, and it took several rings to get them to answer. They get tourists trying to come in all day long, so I think they simply ignore it unless you are persistant. Even then, they were pretty frosty until the computer verified that dh was actually an employee. But let me say that they treat HP employees VERY well!

The behavior towards your group was very odd! I do know that they don't like to answer the doorbell because it is usually a scammer, and that the are required to have one HP employee and one Disney employee in the lounge at all times. Nothing in there is breakable (it stood up to my clan!) and they always offer to take group photos of us.

The lounge is a great place! It has a cool modern theme to it that fits well with the Mission Space ride. Two sides are made out of glass windows where you can look down on portions of MS. There is a cube with a green screen for sending video emails, a laptop with internet, photo printer and free printing from your digital camera, and a nicely laid out selection of sanitary supplies for your use in the spotless bathrooms! I like to sit back and put my feet up, with the drinks provided by the employees, and my husband and kids play with that digital game thingie in the center of the room and with the rest of the electronics.

We use this room as a break on a hot day, rather than going back to the hotel. We don't leave until we are cool, rested, and hydrated. Yes it would feel crowded with a tour group in there, but it wasn't for our family of 7!

I'd post some photos, but they are on a laptop in Austin at the moment. If anyone is truly interested, I'll have it back next week. Hopefully I have some without my cuties faces in them.

It would make a DULL tour stop if you can only stand in the center and look around, but it is a great place to cool off and refresh yourself! Did you see the "gift shop" at the bottom of the stairs? Dh and I laugh about it each time. They make a big deal of the items being on sale "only to HP employees" but the stuff is boring and high priced.

Anyways Hucifer, sorry about the snotty (literally!) tour guide and congratulations on your little peanut! How in the word did you manage to keep it a secret this long? I actually cried at your monorail story, and I'm not a cryer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hucifer
We walk over to Mission: Space. Instead of going into the main entrance, she leads us to a cleverly hidden entrance just to the left of the main entrance. We sneak around the corner to a door that is marked Hewlett-Packard. We cant get in right away because no one is answering her secret knock. So we stand around the area and start to talk amongst ourselves.

Finally, someone answers Chiquitas desperate knocking and opens the secret door. The group shuffles in and the secret door closes behind us. We are standing in a small room that is next to a staircase. When the excitement of the uninvited guests wore down, Chiquita was able to collect herself again and commence with the tour. She said that some of the pavilions had sponsors, like this one, and that the sponsors employees had access to private lounges. Others didnt have sponsors, like Wonders of Life and Spaceship Earth, but that was okay too. Anyway, we, the privileged few on the Undiscovered Future World Tour, were granted permission to see HPs lounge. And by God, if she had to do a head count to make sure no one else was sneaking in, thats what she would do!

An HP representative came down the staircase and informed Chiquita that we had the official OK to go into the lounge, but only if we didnt take pictures of anything or touch anything or bothered anyone or stared at anything too long. She made it seem like this was a very special treat to see this secret lounge. We followed the two up the stairs. The lounge itself was small, but it had some amenities like a kitchenette and a stocked fridge with beverages. There was a window that overlooked the Mission: Space line queue. A family with two children were using the lounge at the moment and seemed perfectly okay that we were staring at them like they were part of the attraction. Meh. Ive seen enoughnext?

Suddenly, the HP rep approached us and in a soft but panicked voice announced that time was up, we had to leave the premises immediately. Geez, get over yourself, lady. Were not talking about classified military information here. Its just a stupid lounge.

Chiquita led us back downstairs, through the secret entrance, and back outside.
-Taking hubby and 4 children in Sept. 2006 (Pop Century, because we are paying for this one!)

Old 10-22-2006, 02:01 PM   #626
horsegirl
I feel blonder than a cocker spaniel!
I tell people I am 30-10-15 so they are super impressed
I got distracted by all the lovebugs on the pool bar

Location: running from the fruit stand and hiding all my nature pictures

Hurray! What a great ending! I had no idea! You guys are going to fun and wonderful parents! Have fun with the peanut while he/she is still in the shell!

Need a Smile? Snowstorm pix of a beautiful snowy day [/SIZE]
A Day at the Punkin Patch-A Celebration of a New England Fall Day
A Week by the Lake- A trip report designed to soothe and calm the reader
How to Make $3600 on Your Disney Vacation...A Trip Report
Old 10-22-2006, 02:42 PM   #627
Daisysmom
Mouseketeer

oh, congratulations Wendy and Dan! I am so very happy for you! I do hope you will do a "trip report" of your baby's upcoming birth!! Wow, what a fabulously happy ending!

Old 10-23-2006, 03:18 PM   #628
ead79
Disney Bride!
Wants the perfect pancake pan
Really likes a lot of NSYNC's songs
I hope my new job isn't like the movie "Office Space"

Thank you so much for sharing your trip! Your report was wonderful! I especially loved the section about the Segway tour. We want to do that next year, and I'm sure I'll spend a good portion of the tour with the same look on my face that you had on yours. No doubt my DH will be a natural at it too like Dan was (well, all except for that little incident, LOL). Congratulations on your little one on the way!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: