Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2006, 02:17 AM   #31
DISUNC
I cried like a baby watching the last 3 minutes of "The Way We Were"
3 bottles of Soda, A Xtra large Cheese doodles & a plunger! Someone is having a Party...Can I come?
AGGGGGGGH I am Ruined!

Great report! I cant wait to read more. Now I have to go back and find your other reports.
the part getting lost in SOG!
Thanks
Your new Fan!
Old 04-29-2006, 05:52 AM   #32
Loubon
Tutor Magnet (Talk to me)
Knows someone with real Mod super powers
Thinks he's stalked by the lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISUNC
Great report! I cant wait to read more. Now I have to go back and find your other reports.
the part getting lost in SOG!
Thanks
Your new Fan!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=804987

There's Clowns To The Left Of Me ....
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-29-2006, 07:44 AM   #33
hucifer
The tag that was here was staler than 3 yr old bread crumbs
The Van Halen song "Running with the Devil" was about my parakeet!
Smell anything? It's just my sauerkraut

Quote:
Originally Posted by janets
and I must say a couple of things.

First, Dan looks terrific with his new hair color and slimmer self. And I just love the picture of you, mom and your aunt. So sorry to hear of the loss of her dear husband. She looks much too young to be a widow. My MIL lost her husband at just 54 years old and we lost my dad when my mom was just 63. What a wonderful trip for them to get back to enjoying life again.

We have booked the Fantasmic dinner package at MM for our trip in September. Your review of your meal is distressing to say the least. DH doesn't particularly care for buffets so we nixed H&V and I don't want to spent 2 credits on BD. Perhaps an off night when you were there?

Looking forward to your next installment and updates on the new Hunt for Roo.
Hey Janets.

Thank you for the compliments! Dan will especially like that women are finding him more attractive. Not that he needs to be told that.

I just read all the comments and see that Brian left MM and maybe that's why the food was different. But hey, we didn't all dislike our meals...my aunt loved hers. I wouldn't worry about it (the flatbreads are awesome). Try to get seated in Kevin's section. He's the bomb.
Old 04-29-2006, 07:46 AM   #34
hucifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loubon
I love when you speak French.....

(Okay so I got over being mad at you.)
Oh......my.....god.....

I had a really, really good laugh at that one.

(I knew you were easy...I just figured the private pic of me would work)
Old 04-29-2006, 07:52 AM   #35
hucifer

GinaGrumpyDwarf - thanks for the info! Might explain why the food was sub-par that night. But I won't be ordering chicken any time soon.

swillis - Yep, Roo is one difficult puppy to find. But with enough will power, time, and energy...maybe...

Everyone, thanks again for all of your replies! It's nice to know that your TR (which you've spent 6 months preparing) is actually getting read.
Old 04-29-2006, 09:45 AM   #36
notnothin
A Pirate's Life For Me

Eagerly awaiting more details. Great TR!

Old 04-29-2006, 11:19 AM   #37
nutz2notz
Mouseketeer

I'm really enjoying your report and especially like seeing pictures to go along with it.

Looking forward to reading the rest of your TR.
March 2011: OKW First Solo
Janaury 2011: SSR then AKV Kidani
January 2010: Grand Californian
December 2007: SSR
January 2007: SSR
January 1996: Offsite
Old 04-29-2006, 01:13 PM   #38
jackdis
DIS Veteran

subscribing

Great report, so far!
1990 WDW Grad Nite 2003 Swan and Dolphin Disney Wonder Aug. 2004 Hawaii June 2005 POFQ April 2006 CBR June-July 2006 POP Aug. 2006 POP February 2007 HawaiiMar.-Apr. 2007 POPJuly NCL Cruise to Bermuda Aug.-Sept. 2007 POP November 2007 POP Feb. 2008 NOLA/Carnival Cruise to Mexico March2008POPMay 2008 RCCL Bahamas/EPCOTAugust 2008 POLY CL Dec. 08/Jan. 09 CBR Feb. 2009 POFQ JULY 2009 POLY CL
March 2010 BLT JULY 2010 BLTFeb 2011 1 night at BLT post cruiseJULY 2011 BLT
July 2012 Off property
July 2013 BLT/AKL
Old 04-29-2006, 09:57 PM   #39
DISUNC
I cried like a baby watching the last 3 minutes of "The Way We Were"
3 bottles of Soda, A Xtra large Cheese doodles & a plunger! Someone is having a Party...Can I come?
AGGGGGGGH I am Ruined!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loubon
Thanks! I just read them all (goofying off at work)!
GREAT!
Old 04-30-2006, 09:22 AM   #40
Maleficent13
Heh Heh, you're all gonna die
Last I checked, my nose had nothing to do with my period
Pop Daddy is the man of her dreams
There's too much stuff in my head

More, more!
Old 04-30-2006, 10:40 AM   #41
hucifer

Day 2. Harry Potter and the Amish Caveman Hit the Town

Part 1. Donald’s Breakfastosuckus

“Up and at ‘em pal! Oh boy, are we glad you’re here…”

Nope, not hearing THAT cheery little wakeup this trip, which is my only gripe about staying at Shades of Green…well, that and trying to find the secret passageway to lunch. And not seeing any alligators.

Dan goes on the balcony to smoke. When I looked out the door to see him, he was on his cell phone to answer a work dilemma. He saw me watching him, finished his conversation, and came back inside. “You have your Angry Eyes on,” he says to me. Feeling the need to justify the call he says, “It was very important…don’t worry, there shouldn’t be any more this trip…just promise me you’ll put your Angry Eyes away!”

It’s an early start this morning because we have an 8:20 ADR at Donald’s Breakfastosauras. I’m pretty excited because this was one of our favorite character meals last time. Dan isn’t excited, of course, because he has no idea where we’re going. All he knows is that he has to be ready to go when I say (oh yeah, my omnipresent power has returned for ten glorious days). Which means my Passporter is off-limits…it has all of our ADRs written in it. Last time, the Disney Channel was off-limits. Now that he can watch all the Disney Channel he wants, we aren’t staying at a resort that plays it. Oh, and he still doesn’t stop asking where we’re going even though he knows I’m not going to tell him squat.

Getting ready in the bathroom, I find a couple of ants and smush them. Ants on the 5th floor?

Dan and I walk to the Poly to catch the Animal Kingdom bus. (No alligators today, either.) This bus is taking for-ever.

My cutie pants, waiting for the bus, but doesn't know which one yet.

You know, the last time I had an early seating with Donald’s Breakfastosaurus the bus was late too. If there’s one thing about me is that I detest being late, especially when it is out of my control. Little Miss Organized tends to stress out over it, which annoys Dan to no end.

No harm done, Dan and I land in Animal Kingdom with twenty minutes before our ADR. We enter the Kingdom and there goes Pal Mickey, buzzing away in my arms. He absolutely loves this park and he isn’t afraid to tell you all about it. Unfortunately, there is no time to stop and observe the things he’s telling me about. (That’s one reason I cannot stand having reservations in the World…always seems like you’re clock-watching or running somewhere.) We round the corner to Donald’s and there is a mass of people waiting outside for their reservations. Two cast members were taking names among a sea of hungry guests, and there were long lines for both of them. How things have changed in two years! Last time, we waited at the entrance and our host walked us to the restaurant at our scheduled time. Granted, the cast members no longer had to walk half the park to retrieve their folks, but my god this is chaotic. After waiting in line to give my name, I finally found Dan in the crowd.

Despite the chaotic appearance, we are seated relatively quickly. Our waiter is quite perky, he greets us right away and tells us to get in line for chow. Don’t have to tell me twice. I may be thin, but I don’t skip meals.

The first disappointment at Donald’s…no more made-to-order omelettes. It was my favorite dish last time. So I pile up my plate with as many vegetarian-friendly foodstuff as I can, including some wacky potato dish, scrambled eggs from a can, and some rubbery pancakes. They’re not Mickey-shaped pancakes, either, but then what did I expect at Donald’s place? I would even settle for Donald-shaped pancakes. I accompany my carb-fest breakfast with some fruit from the cold buffet. I don’t wait for Dan, I start digging in as soon as I sit down.

My second disappointment at Donald’s…the food. At first, the potato dish rocked. But then…I can’t explain it…they started developing an aftertaste after a few bites. The eggs were just tasteless…during and after swallowing. And the shapeless pancakes were as rubbery as they looked. The fruit was fresh but picked too early. Ugh, I’m going to be hungry well before lunch.

The waiter walks by holding up a ketchup squeeze bottle and asks Dan if he wants any ketchup. Before Dan can answer, he squirts the bottle and a line of red thread spits out. Dan jumped back immediately. The waiter keeps walking, but between giggles I yell out, “Do it again!” I love laughing at Dan’s expense. Now I’m really excited…if our waiter is this cool, what will Donald and the gang be like?

The characters are out…here they come, disappointment number three. Pluto meanders over. I ask him if I can scratch behind his ear and as I scratch him, he just stands there waiting for Dan to take the picture.

Dude, do something.

Alright, just pose for the picture and move on then. I didn’t realize you didn’t want to actually interact with us. Next comes Mickey. I tell Mickey he’s our favorite, but he just stands long enough for a wave and a picture as if I didn’t say anything. Finally, Donald comes over. I asked him why he’s so crabby. I get a shrug. Not discouraged I say, “Maybe you’re just misunderstood?” and he stand there and nods.

Wow. Talk about personality. No wonder they don’t make pancakes made in your likeness. You kinda suck.

Don't let the smile fool you. Donald was lame-O.

Meanwhile, screams from the other room get my attention. The waiters are “taking pictures” of the guests with cameras that shoot water. Since when do the waiters have more personality than the characters?

Dan admits after eating the potatoes for awhile that they do have this funky aftertaste and that he couldn’t finish his, either. This is the first meal that we get to use our Disney Dining Experience card and almost forget to give it to the waiter…a common problem throughout our trip. Once the waiter will drop the bill and leave, we’ll be all like— “Wait! We’re super lame and forgot to give you this BEFORE you rang up our order! Do you mind going back into the kitchen and recalculating? And then coming back out to give it to us again, just so we can hand you a credit card so that you have to go back into the kitchen again? And then come back to the table to give us our card back? You don’t mind, do you?” At least we’ve eaten by that time…no worries about the waiter blowing snot in our food.

Next installment: Part 2. When I grow up, I wanna be a fruit bat. --Dan
Old 04-30-2006, 12:43 PM   #42
Loubon

If you scratched behind my ears my leg would twitch.

I can't believe you actually worked the word snot into your trip report. Impressive!

Old 04-30-2006, 12:58 PM   #43
kpk89
I know that you know that I kn...well, you get the pic
What is a po-tro-ast?
mumbling and looking at floor

I'm in. When I saw that Loubon was the most recent post, I figured "if Lou is reading it, taking precious time away from the yearbook and finding photos of tiki men and other assorted topics, then it MUST be good."

Of course I will have to come back and read it when I have time. Like tomorrow at the office.
Old 04-30-2006, 01:11 PM   #44
Loubon

Stalker. But since you're here get your money's worth and read her first one too. There's a link in one of my posts on this thread.

Old 05-01-2006, 08:23 PM   #45
razamataz
Earning My Ears

Smile You have the best trip reports that I have read

You have such a fantastic gift with writing. I cannot wait for the next installment. I was up WAY too late the other night reading the ENTIRE trip report from your last Disney trip.

Keep 'em coming.
razamataz

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: