Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2006, 09:10 PM   #1
mel373
Mouseketeer

Just back but no Tinkerbell!

We just got back from our first trip with the kids. We went Oct 15-19. We did MK on Monday and it was "empty" no waits at all. We came back at night for the Halloween party which was also empty. We walked right on most of the rides. We saw the Halloween parade and the Hallowishes with no problem except a little rain!!

We planned to do MK again on Wed because we wanted to see the night parade and the wishes fireworks. The park was mobbed on Wednesday. What a different experience when the park is crowded. I felt like we didn't see any characters around or photopass photograhers when it was so crowded. We did have lunch in the castle with the princesses and my daughter got to ride down in the elevator with cinderella. She came upstairs at the end of lunch for the ceremony and when she was getting in the elevator we were leaving and going to take the stairs and she opened the door back up and asked if the princesses would like to ride with her in her elevator. It was very cute.

I was very disappointed when we got our spot on the Tommorrow land bridge 45 minutes before the fireeworks to see Tinkerbell. We have been talking abou this since we booked our vacation months ago. All of a sudden the Halloween music started playing and it was the Hallowishes fireworks! My daughter was covering her eyes and ears because the music is kind of scary and she already saw it once and was spooked by it. I was looking forward to a nice ending to our evening with some fairytale music and fireworks and Tinkerbell flying! I don't understand why they didn't do the original wishes like the schedule said. Wed was the only day this week the park was open until 9 pm. Every other night is the Halloween party. Does anyone know why this happened? Please let me know. i am very disappointed!

Thanks for any info about this!
Old 10-20-2006, 08:56 AM   #2
OhMari
WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator

DISboards Moderator

I know WDW can change their hours and schedules daily. What was the weather like that night? I know Tink will not fly if their is even a chance of rain or lightning, or maybe the wire or harness was not working that evening either. You never know.

Glad you got to take your dd to the castle. I called yesterday for CRT and I am under the 180 mark and got CRT 12 noon for 4 people. I quickly called my friend and told her to call immediately, I rather have my friend who has a dd that is 10 get the ressie. I know they will enjoy it more.
Old 10-22-2006, 10:11 PM   #3
mel373
Mouseketeer

The weather was great that night..I don't know why they did the Halloween fireworks instead of the regular wishes...oh well..

I also had the 12:00 seating for lunch at CRT. It was the first seating for lunch. Get there 15 minutes early and they will check you in. they do the seating whwn you get there. We were the first ones in to see Cinderella and it wasn't crowded. When we left at 1:00 it was a madhouse downstairs in the castle near Cinderella. It is good theat you got the first seating. Much less hectic.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: