Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2006, 10:10 AM   #1
angelsmom920
Mouseketeer

Just returned from what to be many visits to CSR

We just returned from our first of hopefully many great visits to Coronado Springs Resort! I can definately see why Buzz is so devoted to this resort! I was there from April 14 - April 21 and it was great! The resort was gorgeous and huge - so you would never know how many other people are staying there. We stayed in Cabana 8B and it was the perfect location. We had a bus stop right behind us, we were about a 3 minute walk from El Centro and Pepper Market and from the Dig Site.

The rooms were gorgeous. The view from the room was even better! We were overlooking the lake and at night, it was breathaking with all of the building across the lake lit up! We could also see Everest lit up at night from our Cabana!

We didn't use the Dig Site because my dd5 liked the smaller pool better, but it was gorgeous and the temple lit up at night was amazing.

My fahter and I did wake up one morning to use the gym (we were too tired every other day to use it) and it was nice. It was about a 7 minute walk from our rooms, which was a nice walk so early in the morning. After we worked out, we had a nice walk to La Tienda to get some milk for the rooms.

El Centro was great! My dd is a big fan of the Three Caballeros so she was very excited about the Panchitos gift shop and the Flying Burrito in the gift shop. The Pepper Market was really good. The variety was great - everyone (all 16 of us) in out group was very happy with the food, they had something for eveyone. We had the Maya Grill the last day there for breakfast and dinner and we were very pleased with the breakfast buffet and the dinner menu.

Well, I am kind of rambling on and I still have lots of unpacking to do! HAve a great day!
Old 04-23-2006, 10:26 AM   #2
Jrabbit910
Keep Calm and get your Sparkle on!!

I am so happy to hear that you liked it. We are going to be there in September and we just keep looking at the pictures to find something new. It looks so pretty and we cant wait to go. I am really happy to hear your review as we love hearing good news.

I also hear that they have a spa at the hotel, did you or anyone get a chance to use it or see it??

Thanks for getting us more excited about booking this hotel!

Jrabbit910 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-23-2006, 10:44 AM   #3
wdwnut61
Wish I could get my countdown timer to move faster
The TF knows how special you are, wdwdnut61! :)
Queen or Nut, you choose

Welcome back Angelsmom920

Thanks so much for your review. We are really looking forward to our first stay at CSR this August I agree with Buzz's devotion, it's why we switched to CSR : . If the pictures are that gorgeous, I can't wait to see it in person. I'm glad to hear you liked Maya Grill. DH loves to start the day with a good sit down breakfast. The price and menu looked great. Did you enjoy Maya Grill for dinner? Did you find the beds comfy?

wdwnut61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 11:22 AM   #4
Buzz2001
CSR MAN!!

Awesome! Thanks for sharing!! I was there the same time as you in cabana 8a. Did you DD get a chance to see the Three Caballeros topiary in the casitas courtyard? If not, there is an excuse to return in the future.

Buzz2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 11:25 AM   #5
angelsmom920
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrabbit910
I am so happy to hear that you liked it. We are going to be there in September and we just keep looking at the pictures to find something new. It looks so pretty and we cant wait to go. I am really happy to hear your review as we love hearing good news.

I also hear that they have a spa at the hotel, did you or anyone get a chance to use it or see it??

I can't believe I forgot to mention it! I had a massage at the spa and it was fabulous! It was actually my first massage ever and I will never forget it! It was a gift from my aunts and it was amazing! There is also a full service salon located in the same area which offers manicures, pedicures, facials, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwnut61

Thanks so much for your review. We are really looking forward to our first stay at CSR this August I agree with Buzz's devotion, it's why we switched to CSR : . If the pictures are that gorgeous, I can't wait to see it in person. I'm glad to hear you liked Maya Grill. DH loves to start the day with a good sit down breakfast. The price and menu looked great. Did you enjoy Maya Grill for dinner? Did you find the beds comfy?
The hotel is gorgeous, the pictures definately do it justice! The Maya Grill for dinner was great! I got the Char-grilled chicken and got two really good sized chicken breasts (I was surprised at the size) and DH had the prime rib - again a good sized portion and of couse, the Margaritas were fabulous . Have a great trip!
Old 04-23-2006, 11:26 AM   #6
angelsmom920
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrabbit910

I can't believe I forgot to mention it! I had a massage at the spa and it was fabulous! It was actually my first massage ever and I will never forget it! It was a gift from my aunts and it was amazing! There is also a full service salon located in the same area which offers manicures, pedicures, facials, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwnut61

The hotel is gorgeous, the pictures definately do it justice! The Maya Grill for dinner was great! I got the Char-grilled chicken and got two really good sized chicken breasts (I was surprised at the size) and DH had the prime rib - again a good sized portion and of couse, the Margaritas were fabulous . I had no problem with the beds - my father actually thought they were too hard so he requested extra towels from Mousekeeping and padded his bed with towels which was fine for him! Have a great trip!
Old 04-23-2006, 12:51 PM   #7
WAHMto5
DIS Veteran

Thanks soo much for the review! We are really looking foward to going there in September
1988~DL/1994~DL / Summer 2002~WDW POR / Summer 2004~WDW Off Site (Nick Hotel) / Christmas 2005~WDW FW Cabins / September 2006~WDW AKL / April 2008~ DL (Marine Grad Trip) /June 2009~WDW Pop /May 2010~WDW Pop /October 2011~Disney Dream Cruise /May 2013~WDW ??
WAHMto5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 02:03 PM   #8
pooh2001
been there, done that, TRYING to go back

We are going to CSR next Easter 2007.
I was even condering switching from the Polynesian to the CSR for our June 2006 adventure - but it is booked solid.

Thanks for the great reviews.
We requested Cabana 9B water view/non-smoking room for Easter 2007.

Reason:
Cabana 9b is closest to the main building including the Pepper Market and the marina as well as bus stop #1.
And it is next to:
Cabanas 9a has the quiet pool and guest laundry for this village.

We can ask for 8B as our 2nd choice of buildings.

THANKS for your review
Old 04-23-2006, 04:57 PM   #9
*love*2*shop
DIS Veteran

1st timers to CSR

after Reading all the posts here We have decided to give CSR a Try for our vacation in October 2006..We usually stay at POFQ , but after staying there the last few times, i wnated to try a new resort ( I *LOVVVVVVVE POFQ, just am ready to try different!) My Hubby and I will be going ALONE this time, thats right, NO KIDS! from oct 27-Nov 1...
Old 04-23-2006, 05:15 PM   #10
Buzz2001
CSR MAN!!

You'll have a great time!!
Buzz2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 05:05 AM   #11
Badllamamama
DIS Veteran

Great review, thanks for sharing!!
Badllamamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 08:50 AM   #12
Jrabbit910
Keep Calm and get your Sparkle on!!

Talking

Hi AngelsMom,
Thanks so much for your response and I am sorry to bother you again, but can you tell me if the spa was expensive?
I would love to go for one at the end of the trip. OMG, I cant beleive how excited I am for a trip 4 months away!

Jrabbit910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 09:26 AM   #13
rie'smom
"Always let your conscience be your guide."
I cannot look at my hamburger after I've taken a bite
Toilet paper must come over the top!

CSR is our favorite onsite resort! Beautiful,great food,great service,nice rooms,own transportation service-no minuses!!
rie'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 09:27 AM   #14
Avivasmom
DIS Veteran

I am happy to hear such a good review. Never been to CSR and going in a little over 2 weeks!!
Offsite (3 times), CBR Dec 2004, POR May 2005, AKL Nov 2005, CSR May 2006,POFQ June 2006,POFQ Nov 2006, BWV July/Aug 2007, BCV Nov 2007, POFQ Jan 2008, June 2008 SSR, AKV Aug 2008, SSR Oct 2008, SSR 2009
Aug 2010 BCV/BWV, Dec 2010 BCV/POFQ SEPT 2011 POFQ

Upcoming:
Hoping either BCV or BWV March 2011
Avivasmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: