Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2006, 01:57 PM   #1
txtxyeha
Mouseketeer

Miami & Key Largo

We're staying with a friend near West Palm Beach after our stay at WDW. Part of the trip will be to drive through Miami and down to Key Largo for a couple of days. I have visions of having coffee one morning at a cafe in Miami, and raw oysters at a Margaritaville-type restaurant while watching a sunset in Key Largo. Anyone have any suggestions?
txtxyeha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 02:00 PM   #2
tolemommy
Princess who runs with pugs and loves to find hidden mickeys.

Mile Marker 88 restaurant in Key Largo. Wonderful food, atmosphere and beautiful sunsets. I really enjoyed this restaurant, would highly reccomend it, and would go there again in a heart beat if and when I get a chance to travel to Key Largo again. We did the Florida Keys drive from Key Largo all the way down to Key West.

Enjoy.
WDW Port Orleans 08/02 WDW Off-Property 07/03 WDW All-Star, OKW, and Hurricane Charlie 08/04 WDW OKW 08/05 WDW AKL & BCV 08/06 DL-Off Property 2007 DLHM DC/WC aboard the Magic 03/11 DL-Off Property 2012 TBHM WDW-Off Property 2012 WADHM & CTC DL-Off Property 2013 Dumbo Dare Challenge
tolemommy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-16-2006, 08:16 PM   #3
Thinktinknpixiedust
DIS Veteran

The Keys... my second most favorite place in the world!!! Love em, Love em, Love em.... That is a place where you just go with the flow. I tell you that the mood changes once you've gotten over the bridge, just stop at that first gas station and you'll see. I mean they have Wyland portraits on the sides of Kmart down there!! If you could make it to Key West... ahh the sunsets there will break your heart they are so beautiful, and the feeling of relaxed excitement it palpable. Have fun, you'll have no choice!!
Let this night forever
Live in our dreams!

1997-2003 offsite 2004 Coronado Springs 2005 Caribbean Beach
2006 Port Orleans Riverside & FREE DINING!!!
2007 ASMo & SSR Free Dining and Free Upgrade!!! 2011 Best Friend Trip 2013 Offsite trip with JUST the hubby 2014 offsite just my daughter and I 2014 Fort Wilderness Campground 8/18/14 Became a Cast Member!
Thinktinknpixiedust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 08:55 PM   #4
Sylvester McBean
Foo Fighter

it's a generic name, but the fish house is my favorite. it's got a good raw bar and is around MM 102.
Sylvester McBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 09:39 AM   #5
txtxyeha
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the suggestions.
txtxyeha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 12:39 PM   #6
phinz
12 Volt Man

Location: Somewhere between the Port of Indecision and Southeast of Disorder

Islamorada Fish Company in Islamorada, FL, is a wonderful spot. Especially if they have the dock dining back open. It was closed a couple of weekends ago when I was down visiting family.
Old 04-25-2006, 07:09 PM   #7
Thinktinknpixiedust
DIS Veteran

Islamorada Fish Co. is the Bestest restaurant ever. My DH and I fell in love with that place years ago when we first moved to Florida... and now that we live in NY it is a memory i visit quite often. The dock, the staff, the water, the view, the FOOD . I think that my heart would be broken if we got the chance to go for dinner and they were closed!!

So another HUGE thumbsup ... you must try their coconut shrimp and their gigantic and tender sea scallops!!

It's nice to know we are not alone in our appreciation for such a great restaurant....
Quote:
Originally Posted by phinz
Islamorada Fish Company in Islamorada, FL, is a wonderful spot. Especially if they have the dock dining back open. It was closed a couple of weekends ago when I was down visiting family.
Let this night forever
Live in our dreams!

1997-2003 offsite 2004 Coronado Springs 2005 Caribbean Beach
2006 Port Orleans Riverside & FREE DINING!!!
2007 ASMo & SSR Free Dining and Free Upgrade!!! 2011 Best Friend Trip 2013 Offsite trip with JUST the hubby 2014 offsite just my daughter and I 2014 Fort Wilderness Campground 8/18/14 Became a Cast Member!
Thinktinknpixiedust is offline   Reply With Quote