Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Photography Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Lightroom 3 or Aperture 3
Lightroom 3 13 86.67%
Aperture 3 2 13.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-18-2005, 02:58 PM   #1
BeautyLLM
Beauty'ful!
Boa Brigade Queen
Never met a Cosmopolitan that she didn't like

Crumpler Bags

Does anyone here have any experience with Crumpler photography bags or their website? The bags look pretty nice, and I need a new bag for my Christmas present from Santa Baby
Old 12-18-2005, 03:36 PM   #2
amid chaos
DIS Veteran

Leslie..what a fun site! Now I want a crumpler!!!! I wonder if they are padded well?

I have a SLR and I use a smaller back pack from Tamarac. I love the no hands option when the camera is put away.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-18-2005, 04:48 PM   #3
BeautyLLM
Beauty'ful!
Boa Brigade Queen
Never met a Cosmopolitan that she didn't like

From what I understand, they are well padded. Because they don't look like a typical camera bag, they don't scream "there's a nice camera in here, come and get it!"

I am considering the 4 Million Dollar Home for my 20D and new lens.
Old 12-19-2005, 01:50 AM   #4
Sandy22
Adopting a Princess
You'd never catch me with a 2 slicer again!
the looty booty!

OMG That site is hilarious!
2000 December Off-site
2001 August – All-Star Music
2003 December Off-site
2005 October - Pop Century (free dining!)
2006 December 4 weeks in Orlando!

2008 March - 10 days of fun in the sun...can't wait to go back!
2009 January - 3 weeks in Daytona and Orlando
Sandy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 09:15 PM   #5
clh2
I am the Pixie Stick NARC at my house

That website is great!

"WONDER" ful trip 10/2003
followed by a couple of days at the Swan

I want a real countdown timer again!
clh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 01:47 PM   #6
DVCajun
If you believe in Magic you belong....
I BELIEVE!!!
I think I got lucky though

What camera bag do you use?

I'm in the market for a new bag. I'm leaning toward getting the Tamrac Velocity 7 Sling Pak. I like that it's a back pack but that it swings around to the front for easy and quick access to your camera. I'm not planning on carrying much equipment with me, probably just a mini-tripod. I keep my Canon 28-135 on my camera and find it to be a great all-purpose lens.

I'd love to hear your experiences with camera bags!

DVCajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 03:17 PM   #7
amid chaos
DIS Veteran

i use a small Tamarac backpack and I love it. I love that I can be hands free without trying to keep a shoulder strap from sliding off. Taking it to disney next month.
Old 01-02-2006, 10:10 PM   #8
WillCAD
Where there's a Will there's a way

I don't even carry a camera bag with me in the parks.

On my 35mm Canon Rebel G, I had a Sigma 28-200 lens, and that fit the bill as my walkaround lens, so I never bothered to get anything wider or longer. I carried my camera, with the 28-200, on a long cotton canvas strap.

I now have a Canon 300D. I haven't yet bought a longer zoom lens for it, so I have been using it with the 18-55 kit lens it came with, but I carry it on the same strap, in the same manner as my Rebel G.

My pocket tripod and IR remote shutter release hang on my utility belt, and I carry my Speedlite 200EX and a spare CF card in my pockets.

In my back pocket I carry a 1-gallon Ziploc bag with the lower corners snipped. This is my camera poncho; when it rains, or when I go on a wet ride, the camera goes into the bag, the clips of the strap go through the clipped corners, and the camera is totally safe from even the heaviest splashes.

When transporting the camera, I have a nice Quantaray bag that I got from Ritz ($20 on clearance) that fits all my equipment with room to spare. I also have a fabulous WDW shoulder camera bag that I got in the camera shop at MGM a few years ago. It's not the heaviest padded bag around, but it's just big enough for an SLR with one or two lenses and a few accessories.
WillCAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 06:12 AM   #9
YEKCIM
DIS Veteran

Have you considered...

...one of these?

http://www.sieglers.com/cgi-bin/Sieg...s&cat_num=2425

Mrs. YEKCIM (EINNIM) and I both use a very similar vest when we visit Mickey, and find that they are more than adequate to carry all our "stuff".

~YEKCIM

Last edited by YEKCIM; 01-03-2006 at 05:51 PM.
YEKCIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 12:34 PM   #10
WillCAD
Where there's a Will there's a way

I have used a vest in the past and it can be very convenient.

It's VERY important to get one in a light color with a mesh back for the heat of summer, otherwise it's like wearing a jacket in the hot Orlando sun.
WillCAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 01:57 PM   #11
AZ JazzyJ
The Talented One
No good can come from that
Nick Wiffleball at your service!

I bought an Adorama Slinger bag and I love it. It is fairly low profile and allows me to take my D100, a 35-70mm f2.8 lens, a 17-55mm f2.8 lens, and a SB-800 flash unit. Best of all, it was offered in a left handed configuration. I wish it were just slightly taller so that I could take my 70-200mm f2.8 lens but I can life without the extra weight (my camera not me though I could lose a few pounds myself). I couldn't beat the price either, I got it for $36.95.

Jeff
Old 01-03-2006, 02:27 PM   #12
MICKEY88
if you keep falling off of the planet...
It might be time for a one piece
100% Male Disney nut!

I agree with those who mentioned a photographers vest, I have 2., one khaki and one black,

no need to carry a bag, never a need to find a safe place to sit it, it's great for going on rides....

this one is on ebay

I bought my black one on ebay for 24.95 and 12.00 shipping, it's the exact same make as my khaki one and I paid 39plus shipping for that one from LA POLICE GEAR,

both way cheaper than from a camera store...

Pirate Rule #9: A pirate should always remove his hat in the presence of a bartender.
Pirate Rule #11: No pirate shall ever wear a “fanny pack”.
Pirate Rule # 17: Three-cornered hats, headbands and bandanas are the only acceptable headwear for pirates. Fedoras, bowler derbies, baseball caps, MICKEY EARS, top hats, sombreros, or anything with lace and flowers will be removed from the vessel– head included. A grace period of one minute is allowed for hats looted from a tailory.
MICKEY88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 07:40 PM   #13
handicap18
Husband, father of 3, and Disney addict
Keep the game flowin and keep the people participating

For the last 8 years or so that I've had my N70 (new D50 should be arriving the end of this week) I have been using a fanny pack camera bag. Its made by Lowepro. The main part nicely fits the camera body and my Quantary bounce flash (or it could also fit the body with a 50mm or short zoom lens still attached). On each side of the main part is a lens pouch. One side fits my Quantary 28-80zoom with a lens hood and the other side tightly fits my Quantary 70-300zoom also with lens hood and cover.

It has served me well with trips around the world (Asia, Caribbean, England, Mexico and around the U.S. and Canada). I believed I got it at Ritz camera for around $20.

In this pic its hanging kind of low. I ended up tightening it more for a better fit. This is the best pic I have that I could find quickly.

Nikon D600 : Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8 : Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D : Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED-IF AF-S VR : Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VRII AF-S: Sigma 30mm f/1.4 EX DC HSM : Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6 EX DC HSM : SB-900 Speedlight Flash.

Last edited by handicap18; 01-03-2006 at 07:46 PM.
handicap18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 08:24 PM   #14
AZ JazzyJ
The Talented One
No good can come from that
Nick Wiffleball at your service!

Wow, you look Incredible!

Jeff
Old 01-04-2006, 05:16 PM   #15
faireygod mother
DIS Cast Member
I need some motivation in my life
My hairstylist is sworn to secrecy! But the Tag Fairy can be bribed to tell all!

I just got a Quantaray DLX Digital holster. It can be used as a shoulder bag or a fanny pack. It is roomy enough for an extra lens. I love the padding and thes velcro straps inside. I re-positioned them to cover the viewer. It also comes with an extra card holder and has 3 pockets. My Rebel Xt with the 18-55 fits perfect with the batery pack on it. It will also hold the zoom as well. It also fits my sons Canon 20D with 17-85EF-S.

Dec 1999 Off Site -|-Nov 2002 NCL Deep Southern Caribbean -|- Feb 2003 Grand Floridian -|- Dec 2003 Animal Kingdom Lodge Land and Sea -|- March 2004 Pop-Century Girls "B" day trip -|- Oct 30 2004 Magicial Halloween Eastern Cruise -|- Jan 27 2005 Surprise Birthday Cruise for DH on the Wonder -|- October 16 2005 RCCL Mariner of the Seas -|- Nov 11 2006 Western Double Dip CC cruise -|- Aug 18 2007 Repo Western Med Cruise-l-Dec 6 2007 3 Day Wonder "Sisters" cruise-l-Aug 17 2008 EB PC Repo-|-Nov 8 2008 Vow renewal-changed to western-|- Sept 18, 2010 Repo Western Med Cruise -|- August 23, 2011 DCL ALaska
faireygod mother is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camera bag, discount, kata, mountainsmith, photopass

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: