Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2006, 01:11 PM   #16
boomersmom
Mouseketeer

I bring bottles of liquid hand soap for the hotel bathroom. I can't stand the gooey mess left by the bar soap. I also bring an inexpensive toothbrush holder (the kind that sits on the counter) so that we have someplace to put our toothbrushes.
boomersmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 01:49 PM   #17
thelionqueen
DIS Veteran
The Tag Fairy threw me a bone to hear me scream!
My body has finally figured out that it can let go of the fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomersmom
I bring bottles of liquid hand soap for the hotel bathroom. I can't stand the gooey mess left by the bar soap. I also bring an inexpensive toothbrush holder (the kind that sits on the counter) so that we have someplace to put our toothbrushes.
I love these I deas!! I can think immediately I've seen those toothbrush holders at the dollar store, we always have our toothbrushes all over!
Anybody have any ideas for storing curling irons, toiletries etc?
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-12-2006, 02:01 PM   #18
INDISMOM
Mouseketeer

I can't take credit for this one -- I read it on another post.

Have a box that is designated for shoes and the items you take to the park everyday -- fanny pack, water bottles, etc. When you get back to your room everynight everybody puts their items in the box. That way in the morning you can find everything and aren't delayed searching the room for that one missing shoe!!
INDISMOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 03:21 PM   #19
Silverbelle990
Mouseketeer

When we went to Disney I bought collapsable toothbrushes for a dollar at walmart. They fold up easy and we were able to just throw them away when we left. I use an electric at home and they take up too much room in the make-up bag. They worked great.

2015 ~ All Star Music ~ Grand Gathering | 2008~Grand Gathering Coronado Springs w/Dining | 2007~All Star Sports~ Free Dining | 2007~ Pop Century |2006~ All Star Movies Resort

I've eaten at 70 out of 239 restaurants at Walt Disney World (29%)
I've eaten at 37 out of 85 quick service/counter service restaurants at Walt Disney World (44%)
I've eaten at 21 out of 71 table-service restaurants at Walt Disney World (30%)
I've eaten at 2 out of 18 signature restaurants at Walt Disney World (11%)
I've eaten at 1 out of 3 dinner show restaurants at Walt Disney World (33%)

Silverbelle990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 04:22 PM   #20
Cindy's Mom
DIS Veteran

I am a true believer in the hanging shoe organizer ....I take one with me everywhere I go now...also I got another one resort board yesterday....the values don't have a privacy curtain so people have been bringing tension rods along with shower liner to make the curtain. Another thought that people were saying is to get those 3m removable sticky type hooks and just hook the liner to that. I think I'm going to do the hooks. First time in a value, and I KNOW I will miss that privacy curtain.

2013 - GF CL (June)
2012 - Off Site
2012 - On and Off Site
2011 - Coronado Springs
2010 - Easter Week: ASMo
2009 - WL
2008 - Yacht Club
2007 - WL (summer)
2007 - CBR (spring)
2006 - POP
2005 - POR
2004 - Nick Hotel

Cindy's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 06:32 PM   #21
pooksma
Can't help it~there is something about Ed...kinda like the Gary Sinise thing...
Well I have laughed my posterior region until it almost removed itself from my body

Take a digital shot of your family members each morning before you hit the parks. If someone gets lost you have an instant photo to show all the helpful CMs.

I second the wipes!!! Our DS could spill lke no one I have ever seen!

pooksma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 07:53 PM   #22
thelionqueen
DIS Veteran
The Tag Fairy threw me a bone to hear me scream!
My body has finally figured out that it can let go of the fat!

Great thoughts everyone! I just got back from our local dollar store and got the toothbrush holder, hanging organizer (they had one for shoes, but this one is 12 pockets) hand sanitizer key chains and more.

Thank you SO much for posting about the 3M stickys. My organizer needs to be hooked by something and I was trying to figure out what I was going to do..no longer, thanks again!

Also like the "everyday" shoe box idea. You guys are really savvy, thanks!!
Old 04-13-2006, 11:03 AM   #23
Cindy's Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelionqueen
Thank you SO much for posting about the 3M stickys. My organizer needs to be hooked by something and I was trying to figure out what I was going to do..no longer, thanks again!

Also like the "everyday" shoe box idea. You guys are really savvy, thanks!!
If you forget the 3m stickys you can just hang your organizer on a hanger - the "Closet" is in the sink area (at least in Mods and Values)

2013 - GF CL (June)
2012 - Off Site
2012 - On and Off Site
2011 - Coronado Springs
2010 - Easter Week: ASMo
2009 - WL
2008 - Yacht Club
2007 - WL (summer)
2007 - CBR (spring)
2006 - POP
2005 - POR
2004 - Nick Hotel

Cindy's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 11:53 AM   #24
NatalieO
Earning My Ears

Well I haven't done this at Disney yet but when me and my kids go to amusement parks I done it. I went to babies r us and bought a messenger style baby bag that goes across the chest that has lots of little slots and is insulated and its so light and it has enough pocket and zippers for anything. Its great!
NatalieO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 01:51 PM   #25
mjh8955
DIS Veteran

I came up with this one years ago. We were getting ready to go to the parks, I had frozen a water bottle that we could refill throughout the day. I realized that if I put a frozen bottle in my small back-pack purse that it would get everything wet. In desperation I searched the room for an idea and grabbed my son's clean white tubesock and slippped the bottle inside. It worked perfectly, nothing in my bag got wet and it also kept the water cold longer. Now I always travel with a clean sock from the mis-match pile. I throw it away when I'm done.
Old 04-13-2006, 03:05 PM   #26
DisneyMommyMichelle
I'm a TP nerd!
John Travolta = YUMMY!!
Have to let the banana dance
Thanks everyone for making me feel normal today!
Dork here I know!

i second the collapsable throw away toothbrushes!!!

Also we loove doing this:
A magnetic wipe board (dry-erase) we have our DIS SNs on it and then people left us messages all day!! some signed DIS names and others just signed names! we even had CM sign it!! we had to wipe it clean every night as it got soo full sometimes by our lunch break!!! it was such a highlight that DH and i would run to the door to see who would read them first!! This year we are going to bring a butcher block of paper (from IKEA) and that way we will cut it to the length of the door and then we will have it the length of our stay!!

Second we bring decorations for our window!! last yr we went for MNSSHP and we brough Holloween decor for the whole window!! it was great! we are doing the same this year and next year we are going for Christmas and have alread started stocking up with little lights for our window and after christmas this year we are going to get a table top tree on clearance!!! also we have little minature stockings!! woohoo!!

Just a Rebel Homeschooler I guess....
DisneyMommyMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 03:30 PM   #27
In Luv with Disney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollyb
I bought a travel bag from QVC years ago. I can fit an entire 2 weeks worth of bathroom stuff in there. The full size bottles of everything. 2 kids 2 adults. All in one bag. It has a handle that we hang on the door knob. We love it.

I put all our clothes in ziploc bags, after we wear them they go back in the same bag.
I have this bag too! Mine is Samsonite. It is THE BEST travel bag I have ever seen! I've had mine for quite some time now, and I'd love a new one. But no one has this one. However, LANDS END has similar travel bags, if anyone is interested!!!! I keep this bag FULLY PACKED at all times. The night before I leave, I just go through everything to make sure it's still good and if I need to replace anything, I do so. It's ALWAYS ready to go!

I can't say enough about traveling with zip lock baggies...they are a God's send!!! I don't go ANYWHERE with out them. Always take a bunch with you to the parks as well...in case there is leftover popcorn and you don't want to throw it away, put it in a baggie. If one of your kids gets ice cream from their Mickey Bar all over their shirt, put the dirty one in a baggie. This leads me to my next tip...if you have little ones, ALWAYS pack a change of clothes when y ou go to the parks! If they get messy, you will always have a back-up outfit. (unless you plan to buy them something in the parks, this works out great!)

WIPES....if you have kids, YOU NEED THEM!!!!! (even adults! so much better than regular paper napkins to clean a mess!)

HAND SANITIZER...take a bunch!

SUNSCREEN...don't go anywhere without it!!!
In Luv with Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 07:15 PM   #28
Carrie772
Resolve to Recycle!

I love to take the anti-bac handi wipes to wipe hands and tables with. You can use hand sanitizer to clean hands but there is still dirt on them...clean dirt, but dirt all the same!
'76 CR; '83 offsite; '94 CBR; '02 Residence Inn; '04 CSR; '05 Poly; '05 ASSp/WL; '06 Poly; '07 POR; '07 WL; '08 CSR; '09 Poly; '10 WL; '11 Poly; '11 POR/Poly; '12 CR/Poly; '13 Poly; '14 Quickie at BC;
Carrie772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 01:03 AM   #29
DisneyMommyMichelle
I'm a TP nerd!
John Travolta = YUMMY!!
Have to let the banana dance
Thanks everyone for making me feel normal today!
Dork here I know!

Mini spray bottles of OUST air cleaner! they are on clearance at TARGET for .80!! i love em for when you get into those STINKY bathrooms and the like!!

Just a Rebel Homeschooler I guess....
DisneyMommyMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 01:53 AM   #30
Bunchkin
DIS Veteran

I just bought the Oust at Target!!! I told DH I bought him something for our next WDW vacation and he got all excited until I showed him what it was!! He did have a good laugh about it though!!

A few things we always do:

Before the trip I take a 5x7 lined index card for each park and write the hours of operation for during our stay and any EMH. Along with reminders of rides that are a must, restaurants that everyone wants to eat at with a breif description of what they serve (after researching the menus at allearsnet.com) and any ADR's we might have and for when.
Then I laminate them so they are industructible and water proof. We take which ever one we need to the park of the day.

We have Guest of Honor Badges, on each trip I get out the label maker and print out my cell phone # and my name and what resort we are staying at, and put the label on the back of the badge, just in case one of the kids gets lost. They like wearing them and know what to do in case of us getting lost!

We use a pop-up hamper, which is great for carrying to the laundry room.
We bring a small bottle of laundry soap and softner (sold at Walmart).

Prior to the trip we take MAAS polishing compound and shine up pennies for the penny presses.

We make special autograph books for our kids, we take a 5x7 ring binder and punch holes into blank, white 5x7 index cards. We download or scan Disney characters into the computer and then print them out on the cards. We take card stock and cut it to fit in the outside pockets of the binder and decorate them with Disney stickers, stamps and scrapbooking supplies with their names, the trip and date (example: DD & DS's Very Merry Christmas Trip to WDW 2006). We bring along several Sharpie markers for the characters to use. The characters LOVE , absolutley LOVE, seeing their picture and signing on the page. Our kids have gotten so much extra attention each time from our signature books!! And we've had a ton, yes a ton, of people ask us where we bought it from. It's great to tell them we made it! There's only been 3 characters we didn't have in our book, so we always buy the small autograph book at WDW just in case!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: